TNA moving to monday nights!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheCHB

Reaction score
This is real good step foward, undeniably the biggest TNA anouncement since it's consuption. But I got one problem.

Why are they still going to tape every second show? there going to get killed those weeks.

BIG MISTAKE

Lets hope they realize before it's too late..

Nation

I really don't know why they won't go from 8 to 10. It's a pretty dumbass decision on their part not to get an hour head start.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Definitely two wrongs within this right. 8-10pm is definitely a better time slot. Hell why not 8-11pm? They did real good for their Monday special with that time slot. And obviously them not being live every week will kill the energy and momentum.

The live atmosphere is what the fans want and history should prove that opinion to be true. Nitro went live first, then RAW did after to compete. Then ever since it has always been live. Taping every other week is so idiotic and a huge mistake.

Nation

I don't think taping the product will be a huge issue. Smackdown has always been taped and from 2002-2005 it had beaten RAW on many occasions. However it may be a different story on Monday nights.

noumenon

If anything the ratings will rise regardless. Even if it is due to the "Fuck it, I'm watching RAW, may as well switch and see what's on TNA" or "RAW sucks...what's TNA doing?"

Axis

If anything the ratings will rise regardless. Even if it is due to the "Fuck it, I'm watching RAW, may as well switch and see what's on TNA" or "RAW sucks...what's TNA doing?"

That's assuming that the TNA fanbase and the WWE fanbase are mutually exclusive, which is untrue.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Going directly head to head and without a live show are the two things wrong with this picture. Tbh i'm kind of getting sick of TNA's incessant need to compete with WWE when it's clear they aren't in position to do so just yet. Fix some of your Blue booking and maybe you can make a big splash. Even when Raw is lame beyond belief it is still going to score much bigger ratings.

Haight

Reaction score
I want HOGAN...and the rest of the retirement home OUT of the iMPACT Zone! NOW! Lets take inventory of all Of things Hogan/Bishoff screwed up since they got here. First the ring. Weather or not you like the six sided ring, it identified TNA and increased mobility and help make the X-Division what it is today. Men bled and sweat in that ring and now Hogan comes
in and completly disrespects it.

Lets talk about some other changes that have happend. The Knockouts for example used to be the premire womens division. Now its a joke. You've got Awesome KONG unhappy, Alyssa Flash left and Christy Hemme is doing commentary. Daffney dissapeared...and you push all knockouts who look like Divas and bury the rest

What about AJ Styles? This guy was the man! Now he's paying beautful women money to put their arm around Old man flabby Flair. Meanwhile AJ cant get no action because he....Well WHO CAN when you're hanging out
with your DAD all the time??!!

Anyone hear from Beer Money lately? Nah didn't think so! Anybody hear from Motor City Machine Guns. How is it that the best tag team in wrestling just dissapears from Television and nobody even notices?!

I'll be honest. I don't think this company is ready to compete with WWE. TNA needs to get rid of Hogan/Bishoff and the first two rows of plants they pay to support them! It's garbage! The whole product is garbage right now!

Axis

The Knockouts division has been garbage since the Kong/Kim program ended, so it's hard to blame that on Hogan & Co. I would agree that the tag team division is lacking, and I would add that the X-Division is seemingly being pushed aside.

Reaction score

How much do you expect them to raise? When Raw aired on 1/4, they lost 15% of their audience. The ratings were the highest TNA ever had, but that was because they had Hogan and a slew of names, they won't have that.

One thing for sure, is that TNA better bring their A game, because if they drop this decent swing they got going on, they'll end up fucking themselves over for sure. And the thing they need to do above all else is stop the name dropping shit and poor WWE imitations. People see that, and they'll say fuck this bush league, I'll just watch the real deal.

chessarmy

I think they'll end up moving to an 8-10 timeslot in due time, the ratings will be lower than expected for the 9-11 showing and they'll move. Dixie apparently wants to stay on Mondays forever, I wish her good luck, this is very risky but I guess the time is now to give it a shot and go all in.

One thing is for sure, iMPACT! needs to improve tremendously if they want to compete with RAW. I will not tolerate what we're about to see in the coming weeks, read the spoilers if you don't know what I'm talking about