TNA moving out of the iMPACT! Zone soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

The reason why TNA has free tickets is because they get the money from people who are buying tickets to Universal Studios. They get a share from those profits, so thats why they dont charge for their tickets.

Well, you can still go to the iMPACT! Zone even if you aren't a Universal Studios guest

ollie

Reaction score
Sorry, I just noticed - TNA tickets are free? Pfft, UK tour tickets cost £53 ($100+)

This Guy

of course everyone seems to be missing the big negative to this. Quite a few of the roster chose to work for TNA because of its shows being mainly out of Florida.

Don't get me wrong everyone in the world TNA, WWE, Fans, and non fans a like have to realize is that for TNA to grow into a viable competitor they need to expand there buisness. Now weather they are doing it too quickly or not, is an arguement for another time, but in time should TNA continue to do well, they will be the WCW to WWE. Meaning, on the road every week just like WWE. Every TV, every house show, every PPV.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ Disagree. Once enough people know of TNA, it won't matter if they hit hundreds of house shows that nine out of ten fans attend none of, or tape shows all over North America that most people don't go to if the arena isn't a 20 minute drive away or less. People who know about TNA and want to watch TNA will watch TNA, simple as that. Imo, only PPVs should be taken on the road, along with a REASONABLE amount of house shows. As in, not non-freaking-stop. It's possible to reach WWE popularity without taking the superstars' lives away, like WWE does. Perhaps reaching 4.0 in the ratings will take longer if TNA doesn't tape 350 house/shows a year, but so long as the company steadily grows (and there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't), so be it. The company is profitable and is on a network that throws PARTIES over a 1.2 rating, so it's not going anywhere; therefore i'm more concerned about superstar happiness than working shows every single day on the basis that it does anything significant to the ratings. Those people have lives and families. TNA is a career, not a sweatshop.

As for the downside, I don't think a plane to Nashville vs. a plane to Florida is going to break any careers. It'll just be an adjustment.

Travis40

this sounds good for TNA, they won't be a Universal Studios Ride anymore. TNA has to charge for Impact tickets, I think free tickets are kind of pathetic.

Free tickets might be the only way to get people in...they have to give away free tickets at PPV's so I'm not sure that they can draw people in to an Impact for money...I hope they can...but I don't think they will.

J

Well as for people not showing up, When your in the same area every week. I'm sure there people who would like to come every week. But the fact is with gas prices and such people can't afford to. So how many people can you get from the same area to come constantly.

This Guy

^ Disagree. Once enough people know of TNA, it won't matter if they hit hundreds of house shows that nine out of ten fans attend none of, or tape shows all over North America that most people don't go to if the arena isn't a 20 minute drive away or less. People who know about TNA and want to watch TNA will watch TNA, simple as that. Imo, only PPVs should be taken on the road, along with a REASONABLE amount of house shows. As in, not non-freaking-stop. It's possible to reach WWE popularity without taking the superstars' lives away, like WWE does. Perhaps reaching 4.0 in the ratings will take longer if TNA doesn't tape 350 house/shows a year, but so long as the company steadily grows (and there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't), so be it. The company is profitable and is on a network that throws PARTIES over a 1.2 rating, so it's not going anywhere; therefore i'm more concerned about superstar happiness than working shows every single day on the basis that it does anything significant to the ratings. Those people have lives and families. TNA is a career, not a sweatshop.

As for the downside, I don't think a plane to Nashville vs. a plane to Florida is going to break any careers. It'll just be an adjustment.

I'm going to address this part of your comment first because you obviously are unaware of one key point. Most of the TNA talent lives in the Orlando area....there is no plane trip. What TNA will be asking now is for the majority of there talent to jump on a plane.

Now as for the company growing. You think TNA is going to ever be as big as the WWE a world wide recognized company by doing all there shows except for 12 ppvs and maybe 50 house shows a year out of one city? It won't happen. Not only will it not happen, TNA won't do it. Mark my words TNA wants to be as big as WWE. You seem to think that means they have to do as many house shows, thats not what I said. What I said was that there TV tapings should be done on the road as well. Do it the way the WWE was operating quite a few years ago. They already tape 2 weeks of Impact on the same day or week as it is. Why not on a PPV week, do a live PPV in say Toronto, on Monday they go just down the road to say Hamilton and tape 2 episodes of Impact. Then on tuesday just go down the road to London Ontario to do a house show. Then they have that Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thursday off to be with there families. Then on Friday, Saturday & Sunday they could do some more house shows in a new local area like say Orlando, Miami, Tampa Bay. Then Monday tape the next two Impacts in say Atlanta & then do a house show on Tuesday in another city in the area (sorry don't know that area). Then they have another 9 days off.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm going to address this part of your comment first because you obviously are unaware of one key point. Most of the TNA talent lives in the Orlando area....there is no plane trip. What TNA will be asking now is for the majority of there talent to jump on a plane.
Well isn't that important to know, lol.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
TNA does need to go and branch tapings out more, it makes them seem more professional. I like This Guy's schedule for things, it seems to make the most sense for everyone there. But they need to go to more big established wrestling cities for TV Tapings, because those are guaranteed huge crowds.

Here's some attendance figures I found...

wrestleview.com said:
Here are some recent TNA house show attendance figures courtesy of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

July 25 in Fayetteville, NC drew 1,800 fans.

July 26 in Florence, SC drew 2,000 fans.

July 27 in Kenansville, NC drew 1,250 fans.

It should be noted that crowds on all three shows were more papered than usual. Advances going into the week for the three-day loop were said to be poor in all of the cities and it looked like the first potential money losing weekend since they started running three-city tours. However, all three cities ended up having strong ticket buys late. One thing that left many scratching their heads was the show in Kenansville selling 400 tickets the day before the show.

there's a certain promotion, with Honor in their Ring, that could draw more than those, not including the papered numbers.

Weebo

Reaction score
I think this is both good and bad. It's good because it is the next step up for TNA. It's bad because now people will have to pay to go to the shows and some people may not be willing to do so!
Well see they don't have to pay to get into the impact zone but they did have to pay to get into universal studios to get to the impact zone so if u think about it they still have to pay but just not TNA