News TNA Making Major Changes to Impact Wrestling on Destination America, More Like Reality TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- TNA Impact Wrestling will reportedly have a heavy reality TV theme to the show when it premieres with Destination America this week.

The idea is to have cameras filming everything from wrestlers walking around backstage, entering the building and even being out of character.

Dixie Carter is said to be a big fan of reality TV and Destination America already shows a lot of reality-type programming. TNA will be changing the format of Impact some to fit Destination America better.

Source

I'm kinda iffy on this. Seems like a bad idea if the heels won't be acting like heels backstage? We'll see how this goes.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not quite sure how I feel about this as well to be honest.. I don't think they should take this route during so soon into their new TV deal.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Interesting concept, more backstage nonsense is always a plus, and it's just as big of one as a company nowadays trying something new. 100% in favor of it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Total Nonstop Diva's references and all that garbage. Out of character backstage, interesting?

I'll check it out for Taryn.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
As long as it's very subtle and is more like how they acknowledge how the camera shouldn't be all in a heel's face like in WWE when he's doing something secret; stuff like that make it seem more legit and the camera-man, imo, gets over af for being the king of stealth. :bitw:

If they try and present it as them showing off stats and hyping up matches, that would be cool. Unnecessary drama is just bad.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They did this way back when. It was so horrible and when they finally stopped last year, they're gonna fuck all again.