TNA Heavyweight Title alone?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I was always curious about whether the TNA World Title is the NWA Title but with a changed name, or a brand new Championship. I mean, I already KNOW that the NWA belt is back to the NWA but Im talkin about kayfabe world here. Basically what I am asking is, if you look in the title history section for the TNA Title (havnt found one yet) than would it include all the NWA title winners (AJ, Jarret, Raven...) or just Kurt Angle, cuz he is the only official TNA World Champ.

Is TNA Treating the TNA World Title as a seperate brand new title or the same as the NWA belt but with a different look and name??? Just curous

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Both TNA & the NWA have made the titles separate. And that goes for the TNA Tag Team Titles. Cage & Angle are the only TNA World Champions & Team 3D are the only TNA Tag Team Champions. However, the X-Division title still keeps the same linage as it was originally a part of TNA...

xtremebadass

They are 2 separate titles, but if you see AJ as TNA Champ, they will actually call him like 4 time TNA World Champion, because he won the NWA title in TNA, so technically he was still the world champion of TNA. Different titles, but count as the same thing.

tbone247

Reaction score
angle is the first champ becuz the sacrifice match was for the nwa title