TNA getting rid of the Six Sided Ring?

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

How does that have anything to do with "TNA shitting on their X-division"? That's called those stars who were putting on X division matches before being elevated to the main event scene.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
yeah the stand out x division stars from even a few years ago were senshi, sabin and shelley, senshi is gone, and sabin and shelley i believe wanted to be a tag team so it's really up for the stars to make their own push in the time they have, lethal has talent needs a new gimmick, pope is certainly doing his best and is entertaining , red has a good little thing going on for someone who has no charisma at all, Kaz is heading towards the heavyweight division i assume whenever he is finally brought back on tv(after a fued with homicide im assuming), homicide doesn't need to act like a gangster with ADHD but he's fine, creed i'm guessing is still finishing up school and stuff plus the guy is only 21 or so, i think bashir and kiyoshi aren't used quite enough in the right way but really it's all up to them there just isn't any stand out stars in the x division right now. Joe, Daniels, and Styles can't stay in there forever unless they make the X division the focal point of the company and with the lack of star talent it just wont happen.

straight_edge76

X division matches 3 yrs ago > X division matches today thats all im saying

Well obviously the X division a few years ago would be better then it is now, with guys like Styles, Daniels and Joe feuding over the X Division title imo three of the best in-ring talents in North America. Taking nothing away from guys like Amazing Red and Homicide, but they are no AJ Styles.

Reaction score
Hogan isn't exactly the promoter emeritus but he knows a hell of alot more than the people in charge of TNA right now, which isn't saying much. But losing the six sided ring is probably a good thing. One less gimmick is a step in the right direction for TNA and I recall being most entertained by TNA when it was a traditional ring and was a weekly PPV on Weds. nights. I bought about 10 of those suckers, including the sickness of AMW/Triple X in a cage, which I still think is the greatest TNA match ever. Things were way simpler and more entertaining back then. Why not take it back to basics and start from there?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Hogan isn't exactly the promoter emeritus but he knows a hell of alot more than the people in charge of TNA right now, which isn't saying much. But losing the six sided ring is probably a good thing. One less gimmick is a step in the right direction for TNA and I recall being most entertained by TNA when it was a traditional ring and was a weekly PPV on Weds. nights. I bought about 10 of those suckers, including the sickness of AMW/Triple X in a cage, which I still think is the greatest TNA match ever. Things were way simpler and more entertaining back then. Why not take it back to basics and start from there?

I think they would lose alot of the novelty they currently have if they went to a normal 4 sided ring. There's nothing wrong with a regular ring per se. But TNA since debuting on TV has had that six sided ring, and I think it would be too big a change for them to switch.

But regardless, I'm not seeing your point on how AMW Vs. Triple X is any more entertaining or the creative product would be any better whether or not the ring is 4, 6 or 8 sides. The ring is essentially a stage for a fight. It doesn't dictate how good or bad a match is gonna be or how entertaining the product is.

Reaction score
^^ The point I was trying to make is that when things were simpler the product was alot more entertaining to me. Things started to fall apart when they had overly complicated gimmicks like King of the Mountain and reverse battle royals fans couldn't see. And if they want to attract alot of old time fans you don't want to overload them with a bunch of complicated nonsense. Things like that may sound innovative but it's too alien to viewers looking for an alternative. Look at what happened to the XFL, highest rated debut on Network TV ever then followed by lowest prime time TV ratings ever. The ridiculousness was too much and it would probably be the same way for TNA.

I'm not saying a 6 sided ring is complicated, but you start with removing that and getting back to a tried and true basic wrestling formula and you might entice alot of fans from the WWE's tomfoolery. I mentioned how awesome the AMW/XXX match was because there hasn't been a 6 sides of steel match that was that good.

noumenon

Besides, I'm sure TNA would be more interested in building a fan base from the ground up and completely reinventing the product than they are trying to please the relatively small fan base they already have.
I'm all for a four sided ring in TNA... 6 sided ring is just not needed.

xtremebadass

Hogan is in his old age, he just can't keep track of that many sides of a ring. So what Hogan says goes! TNA will now have a triangle shaped ring. 3 SIDES OF TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION!

noumenon

How much you wanna bet that AT LEAST once Hogan gets flustered during a promo and almost calls TNA the WWE.

noumenon

Ah balls that's right...taped.... like a year in advance..lol.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
^^ The point I was trying to make is that when things were simpler the product was alot more entertaining to me. Things started to fall apart when they had overly complicated gimmicks like King of the Mountain and reverse battle royals fans couldn't see. And if they want to attract alot of old time fans you don't want to overload them with a bunch of complicated nonsense. Things like that may sound innovative but it's too alien to viewers looking for an alternative. Look at what happened to the XFL, highest rated debut on Network TV ever then followed by lowest prime time TV ratings ever. The ridiculousness was too much and it would probably be the same way for TNA.

I'm not saying a 6 sided ring is complicated, but you start with removing that and getting back to a tried and true basic wrestling formula and you might entice alot of fans from the WWE's tomfoolery. I mentioned how awesome the AMW/XXX match was because there hasn't been a 6 sides of steel match that was that good.

Fair enough. I think with some good old school wrestling and some basic set ups for feuds would be a good place to start as well. We don't need all this convoluted bs involved between wrestlers as to why they hate each other. They just have to not like how the other guys face looks and let them beat the tar out of each other on PPV and build from there.

The smarks are intelligent enough to know that wrestling is fake. But that doesn't mean your storylines have to be so convoluted that nobody can keep track of what's going on.