TNA getting rid of the Six Sided Ring?

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

According to Dave Meltzer, people close to Hulk Hogan are still being told that TNA will be having live Monday night shows starting on January 4th. At this point, neither TNA or Spike TV have said anything about this being the case.

Meltzer is also reporting that Hogan has told people he wants to get rid of the six-sided ring.

Lastly, there is still confidence that Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair will come along with Hogan into TNA

source: http://nodq.com/tna/261889773.shtml

Thoughts?

noumenon

I always thought it to be kind of unnecessary but it has become a signature for the company up until this point. I'm kind of indifferent to the idea of getting rid it.... I honestly don't think it adds much to the matches, if anything it takes away rope and ring space. Ultimate X could still obviously be done with a 4 sided ring.

straight_edge76

Yeah I was kind of at oddds with it as well, The 6 sided ring really is the only thing that sets them apart sadly they haven't done much innovation with it other then the "6 Sides of Steel" which imo makes the ring look even smaller.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Get rid of the 6 sided ring? But TNA are supose to be different. They can't do that. How do you have a 6 sides of steel match, with 4 sides?

EDIT: Well he said he wants to get rid of the 6 sided ring. Don't mean it will go back to 4 sides. could be 8 sided or some shit.

noumenon

The six sided ring has always looked tiny to me. It really doesn't do much to enhance the action in most cases and the only gimmick it's used for is their cage match...which really isn't anything special aside from the name. Trust me, a four post ring won't effect anything. Hell, it might even help some people take TNA a bit more seriously. I never understood the need for 6 sides anyway.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
six sided ring is Blue. No way is that ring in any way or form intimidating.

If anything have a octagon with a ropes.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I don't think the point is for the ring to look intimidating.

are you sure about that? They're trying to sell us fake fighting. I'm sure they're not going for the plastic toy look.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I say they've got to keep the 6 Sided Ring, other than the X-Division which really hasn't meant anything in a while, it's the only thing that really sets TNA as a unique and different wrestling company. First time ever viewers are drawn in by the 6 sided ring, it's different and it's fresh as well as really never seen before.

Monday night shows are alright, DVRs and Tivos have really made competing shows and timeslots null and void but it will still be interesting having two wrestling shows on Monday Nights again. Disregarding ROH since TNA will likely get a more known station if not Spike.

Axis

are you sure about that? They're trying to sell us fake fighting. I'm sure they're not going for the plastic toy look.

Yes, I'm pretty fucking sure that the point of the ring is not to be intimidating. It's to provide a stage for the wrestlers to look intimidating.

noumenon

The shorter turnbuckle distance does allow for tighter winding of the ropes. I suppose with the fast faced action of TNA that is a plus.
I've got nothing against the 6 sides really, I just wouldn't be completely turned off if they decided to drop it.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty fucking sure that the point of the ring is not to be intimidating. It's to provide a stage for the wrestlers to look intimidating.

Shouldn't the wrestlers have a stage that doesn't look like it came straight from a high school theater? I'm sure Tenay doesn't spout off about the ring every change he gets because it's not ment to grab attention. Hard for the performers to look intimidating when they're supposedly fighting on plastic. Remember how loud the TNA ring use to be when it first came to spike? They tried to milk that thing as a death trap

Either way this is a ridiculous argument because i know i'm right and you're being silly.

Axis

The fuck you're right. There's a fucking difference between looking "intimidating" and not looking plastic. The Arc de Triomphe looks legit. It doesn't look plastic, but that doesn't mean it looks intimidating. Your piss poor vocabulary does not stand as an excuse for your idiocy. You used the wrong word, and it wasn't even close. The ring should look professional, not fucking intimidating.

MizMasta3000

The 6 sided ring is TNA's uniqueness but Its small and isnt special really. However, I dont want Hogan coming to TNA and trying to make it look like a WWE replica. Thats one reason I was skeptical of this partnership. Bring the6 sides back only for lockdown imo

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
The fuck you're right. There's a fucking difference between looking "intimidating" and not looking plastic. The Arc de Triomphe looks legit. It doesn't look plastic, but that doesn't mean it looks intimidating. Your piss poor vocabulary does not stand as an excuse for your idiocy. You used the wrong word, and it wasn't even close. The ring should look professional, not fucking intimidating.

a professional ring does look intimidating does it not? Stop being so difficult. If you look at all the sports that uses a stage for fighting all of them primarily focus on how it functions but you can't tell me after that step they don't try and spice it up with some danger. UFC was able to take a sport out of the ditch with the Octagon and heavy hype on the danger of the sport. TNA tried to step away from tradition when they created that ring with their X division. Sorry buddy it wasn't ment to look professional it was ment to look intimidating. I knew what word i was using

The Arc de Triompne can go suck a dick same with your thesaurus. We're talking about stages in Professional wrestling not froggy landmarks