*TNA Genesis PPV Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

[YT]O7IX-rvTrLQ[/YT]

TNA Genesis 2009:

Singles:

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle

xtremebadass

Who else thinks it's totally bogus that Rhino gets a title shot while they let AJ and Joe, the two guys who they are supposedly pushing for the Front Line Captains, rot on the sidelines! This is why TNA is bad at booking. What could Rhino bring to the table? Nothing! Atleast not as much as Joe or AJ. This could be filler, but some filler is good, this sort of filler isn't.

Dangerous K

Reaction score
Joe and AJ are in the process of getting revenge for the attack on Brother Ray not rotting on the sidelines. They are trying the keep the fued as The Frontline vs. The Main Event Mafia. Not AJ vs. Sting or Joe vs. Nash etc.

The Rated R CMStar

...and failing in the process.

The card seems a little lackluster, with yet another 6man Tag Team Match. I know it suits the feud, but they are getting repetitive.

Then again, the whole card wasn't never intended to be great. They trust on Kurt vs Jarret doing the magic. And it could very well do so.

Axis

I would never forgive myself if I ordered a PPV headlined by Rhino vs Sting. I could never consider myself a wrestling fan again.

Reaction score
Talk about a lack of discussion!

Here's the Genesis card in full.

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Sting © vs. Rhino

Lumberjack Match - TNA Women's Knockout Championship
Awesome Kong © vs. Christy Hemme

Six Man Tag-Team Match
Mick Foley, A.J. Styles & Brother Devon vs. Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner

TNA X Division Champion - Tournament Final
Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley

Singles Match
Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell

3-Way Dance - TNA World Tag Team Championship
Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed © vs. Matt Morgan & Abyss vs. Beer Money, Inc.

Montana

Pretty lackluster card imo, other than Jarrett/Angle II. Sabin/Shelly should be really good too, but i can't seem to think they will give it enough time, or they won't go all out since their partners.

Bashir vs. Ref should be on Impact. Foley shouldn't be in a clusterfuck match in his return. And Sting vs. Rhyno? Booking that just screams throwaway.

Dont get me wrong, should be a interesting show, just dont think its worth the 30$ or however much they go for.

Beer Money Army

only Jarrett/angle 2 and shelley/sabin interest me on the PPV...

the rest i really couldnt care less...

Yay foley tna debut he'll pby only wrestle for 4-7 mins, if that as well...

I see this to be one of the worst drawing ppv for 2009... nice work tna

McLovin

Reaction score
I disagree Montana, this looks like a really promising PPV for TNA, ok it won't do many buys, there's no difference there, but I think it has the potential to be a great PPV.

Grudge Match
Been built up really well, haven't gone the easy route and had the rematch at Turning Point or Final Resolution, but have given it time to build more interest. I don't see Angle losing this one, because they'll want a rubber match somewhere down the line.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Sting © vs. Rhino
This confuses me, it was two months ago that Rhino was in a midcard match with Sheik Abdul Bashir. There's no way Rhino will win the belt, unless there is a screwed up finish with tons of interference, its TNA so it could happen.

Lumberjack Match - TNA Women's Knockout Championship
Awesome Kong © vs. Christy Hemme
Doesn't excite me.

Six Man Tag-Team Match
Mick Foley, A.J. Styles & Brother Devon vs. Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner
Really interested in this one and to see what role Foley takes in this match, and how his wrestling is right now. Is it better than his run in the WWE of 2006 or has it fizzled out. As in storyline terms the Frontline have to win this match or I bet no one will care much about the storyline anymore.

TNA X Division Champion - Tournament Final
Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley
Wow. TNA must have forgiven them for their Blade Job Refusal. I'll go with Shelley, but everyones a winner for this match.

Singles Match
Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell
I'm surprised about this match because it has actually interested me. I didn't think a Referee vs. Wrestler storyline would work, but in my mind it has done really well.

3-Way Dance - TNA World Tag Team Championship
TNA wouldn't have gone out of their way to give Jay Lethal the TNA Tag Title Shot and let them win on Thursday just to let them lose 3 days later.

Montana

I said it would be a interesting show, i just meant TNA will likely put on better PPV's in 2009. In fact, i would be very surprised if the next PPV isn't better. Like we all agree Shelly/Sabin and Angle/Jarrett both should be very good.

To me paying 30$ for a ppv is silly whe you can get the dvd for 10-15 bucks about a month or two later. This is coming from someone who's watched almost 2 decades and NEVER bought a PPV.

Montana

I loved about 75% of this PPV, and hated the other 25%. From a booking perspective, all signs pointed to some possible great endings, but the final two matches on this show did not come through. Now many werent expecting much, but it was the good storylines throughout the show, that had you on the edge of your seat for the full 3 hours. I'll give this show a 7.5/10 ...It was good, but it could have been great.

LAX + Eric Young vs. Jimmy Rave, Sonjay Dutt, Kiyoshi

Solid Opener. Got the crowd hyped up. 3.25

Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelly

Awesome match. They could have slowed down things just a little, and i think it would have made the match better. None the less 4.0

Divari vs. Sewell

Better than i was expecting. Went a few minutes too long, but good none the less. 2.5

Lethal/Creed make a good tag team. Solid match here. 3.0

ODB, Roxxi, Wilde vs. Kongtourage

decent 2.5

WOW, should have been on LAST! This was better than anything TNA put on last year. Early Match of the year contender. 4.5

Sting vs Rhyno

They hyped up Rhyno not making the match, and he finally shows up. Good booking and bad booking. Poor Match. 2.5

AJ, Devon, Foley vs. Booker T, Steiner and ????

Cute Kip, WTF were they thinking. Seriously. OK finish to the show. 2.75

I think fans in North Carolina went home happy. The last two matches made me stratch my head. They hyped up those two matches perfectly the first two hours, only to drop the ball later in the program. Overall, good showing from TNA. All least they are installing storylines in the ppv's. I like that. But some great action, which you won't see on impact.

Reaction score
It was an excellent show - how dare they! :)

The Knockout's was an absolute flop but you MUST cancel the match out of reviewing entirely, considering this was organised on late notice.

I couldn't help but blast the MEM vs. Frontline tag team match when Cute Kip was announced. I couldn't get in the mood after that. Again - legit excuses because they needed to script the match on the fly with Nash out.

Take them out and the show earns an 8/10. Angle vs. Jarrett was titanic and Sabin vs. Shelley is match of the night except for the deflated finish.

The WHC was on the backfoot when Rhino was a ??? to compete. That story and match were poorly produced.

Final thoughts: There must be a third Jarrett/Angle, the X-Division and Tag Team belts have boosted in reputation after this PPV (way to go!) and Hernandez must be close to cashing in?

Beer Money Army

Kip James can call himself a "main eventer" now :shifty:

This should rank up with WCW Sin 2001 Mystery Man....

Soda Popinski

Reaction score
This was a tough show to watch. IMO, it was a typical TNA PPV. The first half was pretty good but the final hour or so was awful. The PPV should have ended with Angle & Jarrett. The final two matches were pretty bad.