TNA: Final Falling(2007)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

connorten

Reaction score
Backstory:

Jeff Jarrett has left TNA and sold his half of the rights to a wealthy, former wrestler, Ted DiBiase. Jim Cornette has been pushed down from Manager to Assistant Manager with DiBiase taking over the reigns. DiBiase has said that after Bound for glory therewould be change in TNA, from the roster to the titles. This comment left all of TNA on the edge of their seats as to what the Million Dollar Man was going to do.

DiBiase wasted no time getting out on the market and adding 3 new members to the TNA roster, Test, Shannon Moore and Judas Mesias, in hopes of having some "different" wrestlers as he said. Then as the next two iMPACT's went by there was hype for yet another superstar, but when the announcement was made mayhem insued as Ted DiBiase Jr. made his debut to wrestling. The DiBiase's would become a powering force and TNA was turning a revolution on the DiBiase rising.

As Victory Road came close DiBiase turned all the heels of TNA against the revolution splitting the TNA roster in half and making two seperate stables that would show no mercy, Team Anti-Boss and Team TNBiase.

Roster:

Single:
(X) = X-Division Superstar
Abyss
Christian Cage
Kurt Angle
Sting
Samoa Joe
Jerry Lynn(X)
Raven
Rhino
Elix Skipper(X)
Kaz
Senshi(X)
Matt Bentley(X)
Robert Roode
Petey Williams(X)
Ron 'The Truth' Killings
Austin Aries(X)
Johnny Devine(X)
Tomko
Eric Young
Jay Lethal(X)
Norman Smiley
Shark Boy(X)
Sonjay Dutt(X)
Test
Judas Mesias
Shannon Moore(X)

Tag Team:
AMW: James Storm/Chris Harris
LAX: Hernandez/Homicide/Konnan
Motor City Machine Guns: Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin
AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels
Team 3-D: Brother Ray/Brother D-Von
The Naturals: Chase Stevens/Andy Douglas
The James Gang: BG/Kip James
The Briscoe Brothers: Mark/Jay
Triple X: Senshi, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper

Championships:

NWA World Championship: Abyss w/ James Mitchell

NWA X-Division Championship: Senshi

NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Briscoe Brothers

Axis

This looks solid enough, though the two stable names are a bit silly. After the initial everybody versus everybody stuff calms down, I'd love to see an angle with DiBiase showing ridiculous favoritism towards his sons (Ted Jr, Brett, and Mike). The roster looks good, as it has a few minor additions without being over the top with half of the ROH roster and half of the WWE roster. Best of luck.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Honestly, I like the bit of information at the front. I love the idea of having Ted Dibiase Jr. in TNA. I'm in love with it tbf. Another thing I want to point out, as generic as Double J selling his half of TNA sounds, I don't recall anyone using that before so big up's to you there. I am pleased with this will composed roster here. Like I said before, Ted Dibiase is awesome. Jerry Lynn & Test? Bye Gawd! This looks pretty good, and I hope Dibiase become champ in no time. Also, the only negative I saw was 'Team Anti-Boss'. That is so corny, and just lame lol. I do like what you were going for with 'Team TNBiase' but you just didn't seem to quite execute it right. I want to see where this leads up, and I pray you stick with it.

connorten

Reaction score
TNA Victory Road 2007 Card

Victory Road
July 15, 2007
Live From, American Airlines Center... Dallas, TX
Capacity: 17 500

-Opening Match-
Shark Boy/Sonjay Dutt/Norman Smiley VS. Austin Aries/Shannon Moore/Chris Sabin

-Match #2-
Feast or Fired Match
World title shot, X-Division title shot, Tag Team title shot, Pink Slip
Brother D-Von VS. Petey Williams VS. Tomko VS. AJ Styles VS. Jerry Lynn VS. Eric Young

-Match #3-
Street Fight
Kaz VS. Judas Mesias

-Match #4-
NWA X-Division Title Match
Jay Lethal Vs. Senshi

-Match 5-
NWA World Tag Team Title Match
Ultimate X
LAX VS. Triple X: Daniels/Skipper VS. The Briscoe Brothers(c)

-Main Event-
Six Sides of Hell
(Like Lethal Lockdown, but with no roof. The first team to win is the team that can eliminate all others inside or outside of the cage.)
Team Anti-Boss: Sting, Samoa Joe, Rhino, Ron Killings, Test VS. Team TNBiase: Abyss w/ James Mitchell, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Robert Roode, Ted DiBiase Jr.

seX-Power

I don't see how you can get us interested in a PPV without any backstory or explanation of the matches you have. The two team names are corny and the DiBiase in TNA idea could be alright if you make it work, but DiBiase Jr ain't that great so if he wins the title it would suck.

Looks alright, hopefully this BTB may make people take you seriously.

connorten

Reaction score
The backstories to the rivalries and everything will be put in the PPV event right before that match if there is any importance to the backstory.

connorten

Reaction score
Victory Road

Victory Road!

Narrator: It is a road that only the best of TNA take.

A video plays highlighting Abyss winning the TNA World Title.

Narrator: It is a road that consists of some of the most unexpected turns.

A video flashes showing Ted DiBiase Sr. becoming the new TNA Manager. It then shoots to Ted DiBiase Jr. debuting in TNA.

Narrator: It is a road that will split TNA in two!

A video plays hyping the main event of Victory Road.

Narrator: It will be a road that could lead to pain and suffering!

A video continues playing showing some of TNA's best in pain and suffering.

Narrator: This is Victory Road!

The Victory Road symbol shoots out of the screen and into a sold out American Airlines Center.

The camera pans around the American Airlines Center as a pyro showing begins to shoot off the stage and then above the ring. The camera then pans to Jim Cornette, Mike Tenay and Don West. Tenay and West both hype up the matches that are going to be seen tonight. Cornette then gets the chance to hype up the victory Road Main Event. Cornette then comments on how this could be one of TNA's best events in this decade to Tenay, West and the crowds agreement.

Video History Between the Two Teams:
- It is 4 weeks until Victory Road and Shark Boy is in a match against the new superstar to TNA, Shannon Moore. Moore uses a cheating technical style to defeat Sharky including an after the match beat down. Luckly Shark Boy has back up, in Dutt and Smiley who chase moore away.
-The countdown is on with 3 weeks to go and moore has a teammate being Austin Aries to face Dutt and Smiley. Aries and Moore easily gain a win with yet another cheap showing. Aries and Moore call out their reinforcement, Chris Sabin to help beat down the two men.
-The match is set for Victory Road and both teams are interviewed voicing, very strongly, their opinions for each other. The final week consisted of nothing between the two teams, but Victory Road should set up a huge match between some of the biggest up and coming superstars to TNA.

-Opening Match-
Shark Boy/Dutt/Smiley VS. Aries/Moore/Sabin​

Moore and Dutt start the match jumping out into a lock up, but Moore gains the early advantage with a knee to the abdomen. Moore takes his advantage very seriously landing some technical type suplexs. Moore makes an early tag to Aries who jumps in and looks to continue the heels advantage, but Dutt plays possum landing a quick hurricanrana and then Tornado DDT giving him the chance to tag in Smiley. Smiley uses his height to take advantage of the much shorter Aries. Smiley lands a big boot and then locks in a couple submissions that he releases. Smiley keeps using his height, but is stopped by Aries when he pulls off some quick tricks with his speed. Aries makes a quick tag and Sabin is into the match against Shark Boy. Sharky plays a few games with Sabin to begin, but Sabin gets angry and lands a couple solid clotheslines capped off with a flap jack. Sabin and his team keep the match in their corner and take turns beating down on Shark Boy. Sharky is finally able to make an escape and tag in Smiley who jumps in and starts taking all 3 men out. He is finally left with Moore in the ring and landing punches and some quick suplexs. Smiley looks to have the match in hand when he gets to close to his opponents corner and Sabin lands a low blow and Aries hits a neckbreaker on the top rope that the ref doesn't notice. Moore lands a huge superkick and pins as everyone jumps in the ring, but to no avail as Moore gets the 3 count.
Winners: The team of Austin Aries, Shannon Moore and Chris Sabin @ 12:34

As the match ends the faces quickly jump on the oppourtunity and start beating down the heel team, but the numbers game catches up, but not before they escape, very pissed off. The camera then heads to the backstage area where Ted DiBiase Sr. and Jr. are standing together sharing a good joke. Suddenly from outside the sound of a door being knocked is heard. They call him in and JB walks in with a mic in hand.

JB: Hello I was wondering if I could ask a couple questions. (The DiBiases agee as he takes a seat across from the two of them) Tonight Ted Jr. you are going to be entering one of the biggest matches of your young career, and it's only your 2nd match. How does this feel?

Ted Jr.: I am going out there to prove, as if I have to, that I deserve a shot at the coveted TNA World Title. As if it matters to me that Abyss is on my team tonight. He will have to wait until after tonight, but I can promise I'll get my hands on him. And tonight is going to be a huge night for me and my dad, because it is the night we officially take over TNA and get rid of those slack jobs like Jim Cornette and Sting.

JB: I have been hearing rumours that Team Anti-boss has a secret weapon that will stop any hope of you guys winning. What are you going to do about those rumours?

Ted Sr.: We spit at those rumours! We have the best team full of our own secret weapons. Team Anti-Boss can try there best, but there is no way around the DiBiase uprising!

JB: What do you expect out of tonight's match?

Ted Jr.: Violence, Blood and Hell for Team Anti-Boss! This will be the final time that TNA will see many of there so called heros and if Cornette is laghing at us now, wait until he can no longer laugh. When he is the one man standing alone staring down Team TNBiase!

Ted Jr. and Sr. laugh and high five before having a quick hug and exiting he dress room to meet their team.

We return to the arena where Tenay and West are without Cornette. Tenay and West are hyping up the next match... The Feast or Fired Match! A quick video highlighting the short history of this match plays. The combatants then make their entrances.

-Match #2-
Feast or Fired Match
D-Von VS. Williams VS. Tomko VS. Styles VS. Lynn VS. Young​

It is pure chaos to start as all 6 men start picking partners. Finally the dust begins to settle as Lynn and Williams fight their way to the outside of the ring. Young gets stuck with Tomko who over powers Young with strong kicks and punchs. D-Von is in a battle of counters with Styles, but Styles is able to gain the advantage with his speed. On the outside Young and Williams have taking to double teaming Tomko well Lynn attempts ot get back into the match after a suplex into the crowd by Williams. D-Von now has an advantage over Styles who is on the ground from a huge neckbreaker. D-Von looks to get one of the briefcases, but the match moves back into the ring. Tomko and D-Von begin to start fighting each other back and forth with Tomko gaining an advantage. Lynn is back into the match fighting off Williams, but they are quickly interupted by Young who jumps in to save Williams. Williams and Young continue a double team on Lynn, but Styles finally comes to the rescue of Lynn. Tomko is at the top of a turnbuckle ready to get a briefcase, but Young and Williams both jump to the rescue and land a double powerbomb. All 6 men are fighting hard to gain an advantage with no one gaining a clear cut advantage. Finally after almost 5 minutes of back and forth fighting Tomko begins to tear away from the pack taking out as many of the wrestlers as he can before leaving the ring with a briefcase.

From there the match begins to slow down with Williams gaining control of the next briefcase. Lynn then looks to have a briefcase in his hands when D-Von jumps in and powerbombs Lynn hard into the mat as D-Von steals the case from Lynn. The final three combatants, Eric Young, AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn square off. Young and Lynn go after the much better Styles, but the numbers game does not last long as Styles is able to land a stunning double clothesline. Styles then almost gets his briefcase, but Lynn is able to get up on the top rope with him. Young then joins on the bottom as Lynn lands a superplex with Young landing a huge powerbomb. Young then makes his way to the briefcase and gains control of the final briefcase.

As the match comes to an end the briefcases are open with the results coming out on the titantron:
NWA World Tag Team Title Match: Eric Young
NWA X-Division Title Match: Petey Williams
NWA World Title Match: Tomko
Pink Slip: D-Von

The crowd is in disbelief as TNA witnesses the loss of an amazing tag team. Bubba comes out to the ring almost in tears as the two of them hug to a huge ovation from the crowd. The camera then goes to the backstage area where Jim Cornette is standing with his team, Team Anti-Boss.

Jim Cornette: Ok everyone tonight is the big night. Tonight is the night we have been working so hard to reach and I'll be damned if we lose tonight. Because if we lose all of our jobs could easily be walking out on a limb. So tonight is win or die!

Sting: Jim I promise this team will do the best in our ever loving passion for wrestling that we defeat Team TNBiase and give you the chance to become the manager of TNA once again.

Jim Cornette: Thank you Sting and I hope that all of you feel as passionate as him tonight because if you don't you can leave this locker room right now. I can easily find someone to replace any of you.

The team is silent for a couple moments before Jim Cornette smiles.

Jim Cornette: Best of luck to the 5 of you!

The camera jumps to Bubba's locker room where he is sitting in a chair with his face in his hands. He looks up with anger in his face as D-Von and him bid one last farewell. Bubba raises to his feet and punches a hole through the wall as he looks into the camera.

Bubba: There is no one to blame for D-Von's deperature from TNA. Maybe it was just his fate. Maybe it was just bad luck, but whatever the reason one of the greatest tag teams is now gone from TNA and it is going to be one sad moment on this weeks iMPACT when I host a final funaeral for my brother D-Von.

Bubba smiles and points to the ceiling well whispering, "God Bless You!"

Bubba: Even though D-Von is gone TNA should still remain on guard. Now that D-Von is gone from TNA I am gonig to take over on my own run for Abyss' world title! Abyss and all you contenders be on the look out because I am gonig to become your next NWA World Champion!

Bubba signals a belt around his waist and grins sickly before leaving the locker room.

Video History behind Kaz and Judas Mesias:
- It is 4 weeks until Victory Road and Kaz is slated for a qualification match to enter in the Feast or Fired Match. Kaz has D-Von on the ropes when the lights go out in the iMPACT Zone and when they come back on D-Von is on the ground bleeding with Mesias standing over him with brass knuckles in hand. Kaz gets Disqualified.
- With 3 weeks until Victory Road, Mesias is pushed into a match against Kaz. Kaz never allows the match to start as the two men brawl around the iMPACT zone using all weapons they can. By the end of the brawl neither man is able to move.
- The final week before Victory Road and Kaz and Mesias both get the match they want... a Street Fight between the two of them at Victory Road. Kaz trash talks Mesias during an interview that night, but Mesias sends a crystal clear message to Kaz flickering the lights wherever Kaz is, creating odd shadows of weapons and violence. The stage is now set for the most brutal match in TNA... the Street Fight.

-Match #3-
Street Fight
Kaz VS. Judas Mesias​

The match starts during Mesias entrance when Kaz jumps Mesias from behind. Kaz goes on an early attack aimed at Mesias already injured back. Kaz gains the early advantage hitting a couple suplxes capped off by tossing Mesias into the steel barricade back first. The violence continues when Kaz drives a steel chair into the back of Mesias 3 times. Mesias slowly begisn to mount a comeback, but he is stopped to the crowds approval by a hard spear through the steel barricade. Kaz gets a couple near falls seperated by some submissions on Mesias' back. Mesias starts fighting back landing punches and kicks and then tossing Kaz into the steel steps. Mesias starts using weapons snapping a baseball bat over the back of Kaz. Mesias then lands a backdrop onto a grabage can that gains a near fall. Mesias starts using less Hardcore tactics as the match moves into the ring. Mesias uses his typical overpowering strength to gain advantage of Kaz. Kaz attempts some comebacks, but is forced to take a chickens way out leaving the ring. Mesias continues the on slaut of attack though as he lands a flying clothesline from the top rope. Mesias goes back to hardcore tactics that turn on him when a missed chair shot turns into a superkick with the chair flying into his face. Both Kaz and Mesias show signs of pain and tiring as they begin to go back and forth with little weapon use. The end of the match comes very shortly after when Kaz misses a flying clothesline off the barricade and hits a steel ring post. Mesias is able to toss Kaz around for a little before a chokeslam through the announce table.
Winner: Judas Mesias @ 18:37

The lights dim throughout the arena as Mesias fights to stay on his feet and celebrate his victory. When the lights comeback on Kaz is motionless with a gash flowing with blood above his eye and Mesias is standing above him with blood flowing purfusiouly out of his nose and lip. EMT's hurry to help both men as there is a short video hyping the Main Event for tonight.

Video History Between Jay Lethal, Senshi and the X-Division Title:
-It starts 6 weeks ago on iMPACT when Lethal and Senshi did battle for the X-Division title. Senshi escaped with a narrow victory by holding the tights of Lethal. Lethal later that night challenges Cornette to give them a title match at Slammiversary.
-The very next week Cornette makes the confirmation of a X-Division Title match where Senshi and Lethal would go one on one.
-That next week at Slammiversary Lethal and Senshi went back and forth for 20 minutes until Elix Skipper came down to the ring as a distration to the ref. The ref turns around to witness the Double Stomp onto Lethals chest, but none of the cheap moves that were done before that. Senshi retains to the anger of Lethal.
-The next 4 weeks on impact were used by Lethal to try and get in Senshi's head. Numerous attempted assaults and even calling him out. The DiBiase era head begun and DiBiase Sr. agreed with Lethal that he does deserve ONE final chance. If he loses at victory Road then there is no more crying or bitching because his title shots are over.

-Match #4-
X-Division Title Match
Jay Lethal VS. Senshi​

The match starts off slow with both men measuring each other up. Both men push forward quick attacks, but back away when the attack is countered. Finally the two men engage in a hook up which Lethal gains the advantage out of. Lethal uses his speed to land a couple variations of DDT's and a hurricanrana that sends Senshi to the floor. Lethal then goes flying with a Suicide Dive onto Senshi on the outside. Lethal and Senshi both take advantage of being on the ouside throwing each other into the steel steps and barricade. Senshi gains the advantage heading back into the ring as Senshi lands a dropkick that sends Lethal flying through the steel steps. Senshi uses his unorthadox style of wrestling to get a couple near falls, but the match again turns tides when Senshi goes for the stomp, but Lethal plays possum and joins him at the top rope. Lethal then nails a superplex off the top rope and then hits an Elbow Drop right in the heart of Senshi, but it isn't enough for the win. Lethal fights hard to keep control of the match, but Senshi fights speed with speed and takes back control using his kicks to slow down Lethal. Senshi then lands a massive superkick almost knocking Lethal out. Senshi is then able to land a Double Stomp across chest of Lethal for the win.
Winner: And retaining the NWA X-Division Title... Senshi @ 15:09

Senshi jumps to his feet and celebrates the huge win and having the monkey ripped off his back. But suddenly the music of Petey Williams hits the speakers and Williams comes out onto the ramp with a mic in hand and appluding the match.

Williams: Well, well congratulations Senshi you got that monkey off of your back and without cheating. That just shocks me. Thats not like you at all, but nonetheless you won and thats all that counts. Now it's my turn to face you and my turn to try and take tht title from you.

Williams begins to walk down the ramp pointing at the X title slung over Senshi's shoulder.

Williams: I won't be like Lethal though. I won't make stupis mistakes or bitch and complain everytime I lose. But if you dare bring your Triple X friends into this rivlary then I can guarentee that none of you will be holding TNA titles for a very long time, but just in case my message isn't clear enough...

The lights flicker and then a scene insues in the ring where Senshi is being beatdown. The lights stabalize to see a masked figure stomping away at a motionless body of Senshi. The crowd cheers as the masked figure picks Senshi up and shoves him into Williams who lands the Canadian Destroyer! The masked figure then climbs to the top rope.

Williams: Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you my new tag team partner and the next World Champion... RVD!

The crowd eupts into cheers as Van Dam throws his mask into the crowd and lands a Five Star Frog Splash. Williams grabs RVD's arm and throws it into the air as the TNA fans cheer and Tenay and West babble on in complete shock.

The camera heads to the backstage area where The Briscoes are standing with Jermey Borash and the NWA World Tag Team Titles slung over their shoulders.

JB: Ladies and gentlemen my guests at this time are the current NWA World Tag Team Champions, Mark and Jay, The Briscoe Brothers. Tonight you have the huge task of taking on Triple X and LAX in your first ever Ultimate X match. How do you feel, confidence wise heading into your first Ultimate X match?

Jay: We are more confident then we have ever been heading into a Tag Title match. We have been getting prepared week in and week out to get ready for this match and we are very confident with our wrestling style heading into this match.

JB: What do you feel like wrestling 2 teams that already have former experience in the Ultimate X Matc?

Mark: It will be a challenge, but I can guarentee that we will be up for this challenge. Ultimate X is a brutal structure where many bodies have been left wrangled and beating, but in less then 30 minutes there will be 4 bodies laying beating and limp under THe Briscoes as we hoist the Tag Team Gold once more!

JB: Any last comments you would like to make before your match?

Jay: I think we have covered it all, but that this match will be a test of our truth, strength, endurance and prove why we won those championships a little over a month ago.

The Briscoes pat their tag team titles and walk off to the ring.

-Match #5-
NWA World Tag Team Championship
Ultimate X Match
LAX VS. Triple X VS. The Briscoes(c)​

The match starts quickly with LAX and Triple X jumping on The Briscoes. The Briscoes try to fight back, but to no avail as the 4 on 2 advantage allows an early beat down on the champs. Once the Briscoes are out of the ring the two teams starting fighting each other. LAX gains the advantage when Hernandez lands a double clothesline. Homicide starts climbing early, but is stopped by The Briscoes who join him at the top of the X and bring him down with a Double Spear. Hernandez begins to work over the suddenly injured Briscoes, but his assault is cut short by Skipper and Daniels who are climbing onto the X. Hernandez jumps up and all three men meet at the X were Skipper tries to take Hernandez out, grabbing his legs, but insted hs falls ripping Daniels 15 feet down to the mat. All men are down as the match begins to take on a slower pace. All three teams begin to fight back and forth with no clear cut advantage of either of the teams. The match slwoly picks up a faster and more exciting pace when a member of each team climbs to the center of the X. The other 3 member continue to battle out on the canvas. Daniels, Homicide and Jay Briscoe begin firing punches and kicks in every direction, but none of them are able to gain an advantage as Homicide finally chooses to dive and nail a double dropkick taking all 3 men hard to the canvas. Tenay and West are going crazy at the announce table as Hernandez, who won the battle on the canvas got his hands on the X, but he takes to much time to un hook it as a steel chair crashes against his back 2 times. We then see Skipper dive across the ring and take Hernandez out with a spinebuster like maneveur. The match again hits a slow pace as it is easily seen that the match is beginning to take its toll on the competitors. All 3 teams gain a short spurt of energy coming out with an advantage, but none of the teams able to gain a clear cut advantage. It continues with a back and forth battle with members of each tag team making attempts at the titles above the ring. Finally as we slowly surpass the 25 minute mark the match comes to an end as the veterans of the Ultimate X, LAX, made there way to the titles and pulled them down after using a steel chair to take 3 of the 4 competitors out and as Homicide grabbed the title Hernandez landed a brutal Border Toss through a table on Daniels to cement the victory!
Winners: And New NWA World Tag Team Champions... Homicide and Hernandez, The Latin American Exchange. @ 25:47

Tenay and West voice their opinion on a very exciting match and the brand new champions. LAX celebrate in the ring after winning the Tag Titles yet again as the camera goes backstage to Petey Williams and RVD are standing with JB.

JB: My guests at this time are the newly formed tag team of RVD and Petey Williams. Now Petey what forced you to...

Williams: I can complete that sentence for you JB. What forced me to call RVD into TNA and play on my playing field? Well JB the truth is.. I'm tired of all the champions who pull cheap shit to retain their titles, like using weapons, using their tag team partners and I'm tired of it. I have brought RVD onto my playing field because he is going to be my body guard my insurance policy. He is going to be my warning to the rest of TNA to stop messing around and open your eyes.

JB: What is your first duty with RVD on your side?

Williams: Well JB if you were watching the show tonight my most obvious first goal is to take on Senshi and his goons for his X-Division title. And then from there, well the skys the limit for myself and RVD. World title, maybe even the Tag Team Titles. Possibly even make ourselves the first tag team in TNA history to hold control of all 3 belts.

JB: Do you have any last comments to make.

As Williams goes to speak RVD sticks his hand over the mic and takes it into his own hands. Williams nods his head and pushes the mic over by RVD's mouth to a cheer from the sold out crowd.

RVD: I am here to make an impact and so throw me in my grave if I don't. Myself and Williams are going to become the most powerful force in TNA and if you want to mess with us, I suggest not doing it!

RVD passes the mic back to JB as him and Williams high five before walking away from JB. The camera then heads back to the arena where Tenay and West do a brief highlighting of the history between Team Anti-Boss and Team TNBiase. A short video then plays putting what Tenay and West said into a video form. The most anticipated match of the year then begins.

-Main Event-
10 Man Tag Team- Night in Hell Match
Team Anti-Boss VS. Team TNBiase​

The match begins with Sting and Abyss! Sting jumps forward on the attack, but Abyss is able to fight back and use his power to gain an advantage on Sting. They fight back and for the first minute with no clear cut leader before the next two men come out... Ron Killings and Robert Roode. Killings and Roode go right after Abyss and Sting trying to give their team an advantage, but it does not work as Abyss and Roode overpower their opponents. TNBiase quickly gains a strong advantage, but as the two minutes wrap up Sting and Killings begin to mount a comeback for Anti-Boss. The next two men jumps right into the match... Test and Kurt Angle. Test is quick to help his team with his power taking Roode and Angle out with ease, but Abyss tries to fight back, but Anti-Boss is just to powerful. Test continues to work his path of demolition until roode and Angle pull a double team trick just like Killings and Sting are doing to Abyss. Suddenly the buzzer goes and the three minutes are up as two more men are released... Rhino and Christian Cage. Cage and Rhino go right after each other, knowing their long lived rivalry from the past. The match begins to split up and the cage is used as a weapon more often. Blood is seen from Sting and Abyss, who have been in the match the longest. It is pure chaos making it nearly impossible to tell who has an advantage. The clock is ticking down when mayhem is unleashed... Rhino gores Abyss through the cage as one of the walls collapses and Rhino and Abyss lay motionless outside the ring. The buzzer rings as the four minutes are up and the final two men are released making pin falls now eligable... Samoa Joe and Ted Jr.

Suddenly anyone who is down is getting pinned. Kickouts can be seen everywhere as the three TNA refs look to keep control. Rhino and Abyss are slowly fighting back and forth as Ted Jr. and Joe, being the fresh men, take control of everyone else. Anti-boss has the most men up and fighting as we see Killings begin to scale the cage. On the canvas TNBiase is gaining control, but it is stopped and the arena goes crazy as Killings jumps 15 feets and lands on all 7 men in the ring! Rhino and Abyss both jump into the ring looking for pins on some of the weaker fighters. The first elimination is finally found at the 14 minute mark when Sting lands the Scorpion Death Drop on CAGE who is unable to kick out of Sting and Test laying on top of him.The match continues it's back and forth wave with Anti-Boss having a slight upper hand with one extra man. Test is taking control running Team Anti-Boss and directing traffic. Test looks to have another elimination on Angle this time when he is rolled up from behind by Ted Jr. who holds the tights for a cheap elimination of TEST!

The match continues with the two teams going back and forth with the next elimination coming as the match reaches the 23 minute mark. Team TNBiase has gained complete control and Ted Jr. gains another elimination when he lands a superkick on RON KILLINGS, that Abyss takes advantage of with a Black Hole Slam, but Ted Jr. pushes Abyss away and gains the pin and the second elimination. Samoa Joe begins to bring the short handed Anti-Boss team, but to no avail as Anti-boss goes down to only 2 men in a matter of 5 minutes as the 27 minute mark hits RHINO is hit with a massive steel chair shot on the outside that leads to a Angle slam through the announce table for the 3 count. Joe and Sting are left 4 on 2, but fight hard to slow down the speed of TNBiase. ANGLE is finally next to go after a long faught 5 minutes or short handed action. Joe gets Angle up and hits a Muscle Buster breaking the cage that Rhino had gored Abyss through earlier in the match for an easy 3 count. Sting is fighting hard well Joe tries to get back into the match. 35 minutes has finally reached the match and the 5 fighters are beginning to tire out. Joe is fighting Roode and Ted Jr., but it does not last long as Roode and Ted Jr. land a massive double suplex through a table from the top rope. Sting is quick to protect his partner gaining one more elimination in the process when he lands a Scorpion Death Drop on ROODE and then locks in a Scorpion Death Lock for a quick submission. It is finally 2 on 2 again and both teams are tired and losing hope in victory happening. It is back and forth until the 41 minute mark when Samoa Joe is eliminated after a vicious cutter off the top rope by Ted. Jr. This time Abyss steals the pin fall to make the match turn 2 on 1 with Sting facing Abyss and Ted Jr. Abyss and Ted. Jr. gain an early advantage going back and forth. The 45 minute slowly goes by and Abyss lands a vicious Black Hole Slam! Abyss goes for the pin and almost has the victory in hand until Ted Jr. jumps Abyss landing the World Title across the back of his head. Ted Jr. picks Abyss up and lands the Dream Street. Ted Jr. then hooks the leg of Abyss as the ref confusingly counts 3. Ted. Jr. then locks in a Cobra Clutch that forces Sting to tap out for the victory.
Winners: Team TNBiase @ 48:07

Ted Jr. stands up and starts beating down on Abyss as Roode re joins Ted Jr. in the ring helping with the beatdown on Abyss. Abyss is about to be locked in the Cobra Clutch when there is a huge bang and fireworks shoot off both stages. Bubba Ray then charges down the ramp with a steel chair in hand as Ted Jr. and Roode bail out of the ring allowing Ray to lean down beside Abyss and help him to his knees. James Mitchell is going crazy at ringside telling Ray to back off of Abyss and Roode and Ted Jr. are yelling at Abyss and Ray in the ring saying, that this is not over. Ted Sr, comes out and congratualtes his son as Ray is staring up the ramp laughing and watching Mitchell force Abyss to his feet. Victory Road then fades out to the sold out crowd going crazy in shock and excitement to what just happened.

connorten

Reaction score
TNA Weekly Notes(July 15):
Warning: Possible Spoilers

- After a huge Victory Road that shook up TNA in more ways the one it looks as if more shake ups are due to come. Rumour has it that with Kaz out till the week after Hard Justice, kayfabe bruised back, he will be finding a new more demanted identity like Judas Mesias and come back with a tag team partner/bodyguard. Rumours swirling around backstage insist it is going to be a former Hardcore Legend of TNA.

- D-Von is officially gone from TNA. D-Von told some wrestling news sites that he wanted to continue to wrestle, but his body was not willing to let him. He was granted his request to leave TNA 2 weeks ago and the creative staff took a couple weeks to write him off. We wish D-Von the best of luck in all his future endeavours.

- Victory Road drew a stunning 2.36 million viewers. It is one of the largest PPV event crowds in TNA history. Dixie Carter said after the even that TNA was finally looking up and can possibly begin to be compared to the WWE.

TNA iMPACT, July 19th
-Bubba Ray Hosts a funeral for D-Von and his career!
-The High Flying X-Division will be entering the six sides of steel!
Shannon Moore/Austin Aries VS. Sonjay Dutt/Shark Boy
-Jay Lethal brings his first ever talk show to life as the Lethal Injection welcomes Senshi!
-Kurt Angle and Christian Cage battle Rhino and Ron Killings in tag team action!
-Judas Mesias Will Speak for the first time EVER!
-Petey Williams w/RVD faces off against The Fallen Angel w/Triple X!
-The Main Event sees the winning team facing off at Hard Justice for the World Title!
Ted DiBiase Jr./Robert Roode VS. Bubba Ray/Abyss w/James Mitchell​

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

TNA: Finally Falling (2007) Victory Road review

Matches: Alright kicking things off with a six man x-division tag match. This was okay, I expected more detail and action with a match that lasted 12 minutes. This should have been a 7 or 8 minute fast paced match with lots of action. Feast or fired was slightly better than the opener but still barely average. This match would have been better with more people in it. With six wrestlers and only four cases it kinda makes it boring after the first two cases are claimed. I do have a problem with you revealing all four cases immediately afterwards. I would have just opened one (probably D-Von's if you're looking to get rid of him) and saved the others for Impact that way you give a reason for people to tune in. Kaz vs. Judas Mesias was moderately okay. I really don't see this match going 18 minutes considering that most TNA main events barely go 15. This should have been a 8 or 9 minute match at most. Senshi vs. Lethal for the X division title was quite good, lots of fast paced action and several near falls. The Ultimate X match for the tag team titles was also very good as well. There were several good spots in this and several moments where the match could have easily ended. The main event was confusing to say the least. If Ted Jr. wanted the glory to himself why attack Abyss? Why not just order the big man to stand back while Ted Jr. picks up the victory? Other than that it was easily the best match on the card. Lots of violence and action.

Promos: Why would you have two people on the same team that hate each other? Surely there could be more logical team member choices. The Dibiases' promo was good. Jim Cornette's promo was a good rallying the troops promo. Bubba's promo was decent enough, usually burial angles are done by a heel group over a face wrestler, but we'll see what happens. Williams post x division title match promo was good. Nice way to bring RVD in as well. The second Williams-RVD promo was alright, RVD wasn't really in character so that kinda hurt it.

Booking: I already addressed the issues I have with the booking in the previous sections. The cases should have been saved for Impact. Abyss should not have been on the same team as Ted Jr. if they're supposed to be feuding or Ted Jr. wants to be the world champion. The burial of D-Von would be better suited to a heel tag team as opposed to Bubba Ray doing it.

Flow: I really have no complaints here. The promos broke up the matches at the right times. The history packages before the matches were good as well.

Overall: I see a lot of potential here. The storylines are intriguing enough. Just get the booking shored up in terms of things making sense, add more detail to the matches as far as how much time passes between moves (an 18 minute match that barely fills a paragraph just doesn't do it for me).