TNA executive talks WWE relationship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“The brands both can speak for themselves and stand for themselves. Right now, the difference really is the distribution mechanism that WWE uses to push their content out vs. what TNA does. Right now, we’re focusing on getting that distribution even larger than it is for TNA. But that’s the big differentiation point. The production is the same quality and the content is the same quality. The difference is the distribution."

“It’s simply distribution because when you look at the content, the production…is spot-on and the content and the characters are spot-on so once we get that distribution deal, I think you’re gonna see a little bit more of an even keel between both organizations,."

“We believe in Joe Hendry, but we believe in the business. I think that’s where you are seeing the correlation. You’re bringing up great stars and great talent, it makes us start to believe even further that this is a real business that has a lot of legs and a lot of fanbase behind it. You just change a couple different things and all of a sudden, it’s a mega property,” he said. “We’re not far away and we’re close.”

On the early stages of the WWE/TNA relationship:

“I think it’s just making sure it works for both organizations. I think you want to make sure that when you do a partnership, that both organizations have a chance and a fair shot at everything written into the contract that allows both to grow, both to make revenue and both to prosper, and for talent to both excel on both levels.”

On running WrestleMania weekend:

“I think there’s an opportunity for potentially maybe doing events in the same weekend. Finding a way to do something where we parallel the opportunity for fans to gather around and see content where they want to see it at their time and that could be an event weekend that parallels TNA and WWE at some point. You just never know,

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Worlds Collide at Mania weekend would be awesome.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
By distribution, I wonderif that means they hope the relatiinship is more with Endeavor to help them get a deal with a better hetwork or streaming platform.

I mean they could help them go to Peacock since WWE will still have Smackdown on USA so offering their parent groups streaming system an alternative in their absence wouldn't be the worse thing.

ScareValue

Reaction score
Part of TNA’s appeal to wrestlers is in getting them a platform for a bigger company to call them. That‘s not a negative. It’s actually an exciting thing when you consider keeping the roster fresh and getting top young talent to sign up. You can work on promos, learn to work tv matches and PPV matches. Work on your character and, if it gets over, take it with you. They‘ve Had a nice mix for years now of veterans who like the schedule and are happy there (Moose, Edwards), guys who come back when it doesn’t work out elsewhere (Hardys, Kazarian), top indie names (Masha, Gresham), people looking to prove themselves after someone didn’t see something in them (Ali, and if you go back it’s why Deonna Purrazzo, Drew McIntyre and Naomi all went there), and the young people they give the first national tv break to (Bey, Austin, Slater). There is also the extremely unique pocket of extremely talented guys who Scott D’Amore got Visas for when no one else would for some reason (Alexander and Bailey)…but that well is dry now.

It’s not a bad thing when people move up because it attracts the next group of talent who sees that it works. Sometimes they even choose to stay for multiple contracts (Trey, Ace and Bey all have). The turnover is part of the draw…and, for me at least, part of what makes the shows enjoyable. You aren‘t getting the same things year after year. It’s giving a lot of talent a great chance to catch the eye of WWE or AEW. If the end result of this NXT crossover is Hendry and Jordynne and the Rascalz jumping to WWE…I think there are positives in that. Because the next Hendry, Jordynne and Rascalz will freshen up the show for a couple years looking to make their own names and get that call.

plus I have just been enjoying the NXT and Impact shows where people show up and stuff happens. People showing up and stuff happening is like 55% of what I enjoy about wrestling. The rest is having good matches…and TNA has been having quality shows since the D’Amore/Callis era began…and continues to even with both of them gone. It’s the only place in the industry where crazy stuff just keeps happening...because they’re open to everything. And I see getting opportunities for their talent, whether it be Austin and Bailey in the BOSJ or Jordynne in the Rumble or Hendry becoming a bigger star in NXT as a positive for both the talent and their place in the industry going forward. There are a lot of people who would be better served making their names and fine tuning their acts in TNA before jumping at those WWE or AEW contracts and getting themselves slotted IMO.

Reactions: L3G4CY15 and Sky