TNA Destination X 2012 PPV Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
FUCK EVERYTHING, AUSTIN ARIES IS THE NEW TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never marked out this hard. It was like 5:00 in the morning when the PPV ended and I was screaming like mad! Everybody in the neighborhood woke up, lol.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
So.. I haven't seen it live, was too tired to wake up to watch it (GMT +1 timezone.). But, I downloaded it, and just finished watching it, HOLY MOTHERFUCKING GOAT WITH SPRINKLES, A-DOUBLE WON THE WHC! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

Btw, although I rooted for King in the X-Div title match, I marked out for Ion's win as well, because I like his cockiness and overall his gimmick. It was kinda obvious that he'll win after the Sorensen promo. The only thing that sucks is that we already know Sorensen's winning the title from Ion as soon as he recovers (if Ion doesn't drop it). Maybe even "cashes in" the title to compete for the big one next year. I can see it. But I see potential in Ion, really good mic skills and all.

This was the first time in ages I actually enjoyed watching a TNA PPV.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm not surprised Aries won but i will be surprised if he holds it until Bound For Glory, but i'm full expecting him to drop it at Hardcore Justice back to Roode.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
Actually I think this could really play up well to continue the half year build up to Storm/Roode and that too without involving the title. It could turn interesting where Roode claims his rematch from Aries and is just about to win when Storm comes and costs him the match.

This way they can branch out Storm/Roode and still have Aries push into the main event.

I hope TNA creative read this :p

TKK

Reaction score
I'm hoping that TNA are willing to finish the Storm/Roode without the title being involved. Neither of them really need the world title to have a good finish to their feud.

A Double vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory for the world title, my god! How awesome would that be?

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
A Double vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory for the world title, my god! How awesome would that be?

Almost impossible. Although I'd like it, but still. Two things. No more Angle in the main event scene. I am an Angle mark since his WWE days, and I really like Samoa Joe, I think he's underused and such, but it's basically impossible since I expect Roode to go on for the title atleast for the next 2 PPVs. Roode did something really big by holding the record and he won't get out of the title scene for some time.

TKK

Reaction score
Almost impossible. Although I'd like it, but still. Two things. No more Angle in the main event scene. I am an Angle mark since his WWE days, and I really like Samoa Joe, I think he's underused and such, but it's basically impossible since I expect Roode to go on for the title atleast for the next 2 PPVs. Roode did something really big by holding the record and he won't get out of the title scene for some time.

I wouldn't say almost impossible, but it's unlikely. If Roode can't win the title back in his return match then, his relevance to the title picture is nearly gone. Obviously, without Roode as champion Storm winning the series means nothing so, someone else will win. Probably Joe, who has already lost cleanly to Aries, so they would need something to make the match more interesting i.e. a third opponent (Angle).
Unfortunately, Aries will probably drop the belt at Hardcore Justice (I don't see the point in giving it to him if that happens) and we'll get Storm vs. Roode at BFG.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Even though they lead the BFG series, I don't think that Joe or Storm will win (I'd personally prefer Storm, because I always loved him and his gimmick). Maybe Joe. It would be cool, but I can't see it happen. As you corrected me, well, yeah. It's highly unlikely that Roode will just leave the title picture like that. His ego just automatically says the opposite, he won't be able to 'live' with the feeling he's not the champ anymore and we might even see something similar to the 'one more match' deal, just so it can strengthen the whole undefeated gimmick of Austin Aries. I personally see Aries holding it atleast until BFG.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Who do you think will win it then?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Bobby Roode @REALBobbyRoode
A lot of emotion today. Last night @AustinAries and i tore it down. The last 256 days has been a hell of a ride. Now.... A big decision.....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Doubt he really means anything by that, almost all of his tweets are kayfabe.

Also, my thoughts on the PPV: Really good show, best TNA PPV of the year easily in my opinion. Roode/Aries was MOTN, but there wasn't a bad match on the card. All 9 matches got a reasonable amount of time as well, which is an accomplishment in itself when having that many matches on a PPV.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Doubt he really means anything by that, almost all of his tweets are kayfabe.

Also, my thoughts on the PPV: Really good show, best TNA PPV of the year easily in my opinion. Roode/Aries was MOTN, but there wasn't a bad match on the card. All 9 matches got a reasonable amount of time as well, which is an accomplishment in itself when having that many matches on a PPV.

I agree with this. This was a very good PPV. Some of the X matches were nothing special but the Last Man Standing, BFG Series Match, and Main event all delivered.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hope Roode doesn't start doubting himself only to have his kid say "Daddy are you gonna go back to wrestling" only for him to return and win some type of tournament. 8D

TKK

Reaction score
I hope Roode doesn't start doubting himself only to have his kid say "Daddy are you gonna go back to wrestling" only for him to return and win some type of tournament. 8D

If he cut a promo like that in a horse stable on Thursday, it would be golden.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mostly a very good pay per view and it was nice to see a cut down on the cheap finishers and the over use of outside interfearance.

The X Tournament was the weakest part of the card too many of the wrestlers in it were green in the ring, didn't stand out enough from one another and as expected most of the matches bar Williams/King were too rushed. Williams/King was the best match of it althrough the Ulitmate X delivered some good action too. While hes not great there was a degree of logic to Ion winning. However the finish was lame.

Te BFGS match was very good and the result was the correct one, Angle did a fine job in putting Joe over. Would have liked it to be a bit longer and of course it could never match up to their efforts of the past.

Overall The Last Man Standing was my MOTN it was a really intense contest which was allowed to devolp and had some great crowd heat.

TNA Tite was a very good wrestling match, with some cracking mat wrestling, great brawling and some well timed spots not to metioned two guys who the fans really believed in. The let down was the overbooked closing stages with the ref bump and Aries kicking out after a belt shot etc.

Much more good than bad an enjoyable ppv. More of the same TNA!