TNA Creative team analysis.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk within TNA over how Jeff Jarrett’s situation could both positively and negatively effect those within the company. There are plenty of former TNA wrestlers and employees watching the saga closely, as they believe Jarrett was the main reason they were let go in the first place. TNA president Dixie Carter has a good reputation for reaching out via email or calls to people who have been let go and letting them know that it wasn’t a personal decision and that the door is open for returns. Meanwhile, several current TNA workers are watching the saga for a different reason -- they feel their jobs are in jeopardy. Here’s the latest on the status of several major players in TNA, according to the PWTorch.com Newsletter:

Vince Russo: The controversial TNA booker has been telling people he fears for his job and believes TNA president Dixie Carter is on the verge of making major changes. There is plenty of speculation that anyone being perceived as one of “Jeff’s guys†is on the bubble right now. However there are sources within the company who feel Russo will stick around, while Jarrett’s other cronies like Dutch Mantel may not be so lucky.

Jeremy Borash: Borash is also tight with Jarrett, but the feeling is that due to his solid work ethic and likeable personality, his job isn’t at any risk at all.

Terry Taylor: The TNA head of talent relations’ job seems to be secure. He’s butted heads with Jarrett many times, and gained the respect of many within the company by finalizing contracts with several top talents within the last six months. If anything, Taylor could actually gain power if Jarrett doesn’t return.

Scott D’Amore: The former TNA creative member is believed to be on good terms with the company, but still wouldn’t get serious consideration from Dixie Carter for the head creative position if Jeff doesn’t return.

Pat Kenny: The former TNA agent’s name continues to come up in discussion as a candidate for a bigger role in the company. Kenny was a favorite of Dixie Carter and many were shocked when she allowed him to be released.

Matt Conway: The low-profile creative team member is believed to be the only booker who isn’t on the bubble right now. Carter added him to the team to serve as her eyes and ears, and he ended up become friends with the other bookers. He’s in his 20’s and most of the office feels that he has a better pulse on the target demographic than anyone else on the team.

Don West: Despite the recent change in performance, many company sources believe his days as a color commentator are numbered. Dixie Carter isn’t high on West, who is a friend of Jarrett, and the assumption is that Taz will take over his position sometime sooner than later. However, there’s still interest in using West as a backstage pitchman.

Christian: While it’s a moot point now, people close to Christian say that if Jarrett had been removed from power earlier, Christian may have never left TNA and returned to WWE.

Obviously this is just someone taking a look at how things could/could have related to Jarrett's absence, but it's still interesting nonetheless. But I have a really good idea. Fire Russo, hire Heyman, put Heyman in charge. Hey, I can dream can't I?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Vince Russo AND Don West leaving TNA would be pretty amazing. But if Jarrett tries to put his friends in positions, it could mess up the locker room, IMO.

This Guy

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if Jarrett is forced out, I'm pretty certain many would leave out of loyalty to him. Lets be honest, the only reason its being considered is because Angle has his panties in a knot. When did Angle suddnely become the end all and be all of TNA? Angle is the modern day Hulk Hogan. He has somehow manipulated and or attempting to manipulating them into believing that TNA would not survive if he left TNA, and the truth is, TNA was just as good or better before him. No one will deny that he has had some amazing matches, sure, but just as Hulk Hogan can still come out and cut a great promo and hold a crowd in the palm of his hands, doesn't mean its a good long term buisness decision to use him every week.

So none the less reguardless of this, I'm quite positive that if Jarrett leaves, many like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, and many others who were given there shot by Jarrett would leave as well at the end of there contracts. Would they find jobs in WWE? Maybe not, but TNA started going downhill if you think about it as gradually as Jarrett was removed from responsibilities. Look at how crap the first PPV & Impact was without him there? Like him or hate him, Jarrett has a pretty good head for the buisness I'd say, and without the Jarrett crap filter put on Russo I fear the shows will just get crappier (though I supose there is a chance Russo might leave out of loyalty as well, but I doubt it since Russo seems like quite the snake and would stab his mother in the back if it advanced his intrests.)

And then take into consideration that Vince McMahon is not a dumb guy, and when he sees a weakness knows exactly how to exploit it. McMahon might very well try to bring Jarrett on board in some fashion. And then either 1 or both of these things happen. 1) Jarrett assists McMahon in finding the best way to run TNA into the ground 2) Angle so pissed that McMahon (who he's been kissing up to in an attempt to have a door open if he was to leave TNA even though McMahon ain't buying it) who he has refered to as a father figure would take in his enemy starts going on his anger interview tours and starts saying a lot of stupid things like only Angle can when he's pissed and clearly not thinking, and runs TNA into the ground himself with his unbareable and pissy attitude killing any moral they might have.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
but TNA started going downhill if you think about it as gradually as Jarrett was removed from responsibilities. Look at how crap the first PPV & Impact was without him there? .

I actually read that the previous ppv and this months tapings of iMPACT were all set in stone BEFORE Jarret left, not after. It was just tweaked in taking him out and adding others in, most likely Foley. The pep talk last week to Young, was probably supose to be Jarret, not Foley, it was probably supose to be Jarret/Angle in an "on the pole match" not Foley.

chessarmy

^ This is true.

And btw, Headfirst for Hardcore, why the hell do you want Don West fired? He's improved tremendously since his heel turn and is now a very enjoyable color commentator. Not to mention, he's fuckin hilarious now lol.

Don West = win

Wrestling Station

TNA's indicator=
6434md.jpg

Double J

Reaction score
Adds a little more to things;

Source: PWTorch.com Newsletter
TNA president Dixie Carter did not reveal her immediate plans at the TV tapings last week, but backstage rumors are swirling of her possibly buying out Jeff Jarrett and making creative changes.

The office was apparently in disarray last week, as some office workers weren’t sure who to speak with regarding things they would normally have gone to Jarrett about. Carter has apparently spoken to some of the top wrestlers personally regarding the situation, but aside from them, the only people in the know are her inner-circle. There likely won’t be any official announcement on her decision for a while.

“Dixie has seized complete control of the company and she will be going over the Jarrett allies (closely),” said one TNA source. “If anyone in her inner circle has something bad to say about those people, they could be gone.”

While Carter has technically been in control of the company since she purchased a majority share, she hasn’t really asserted her power and allowed Jarrett to run the wrestling end of the operation. She has a reputation of avoiding confrontation, but the feeling is that she’s stepping up at a crucial time that will define the company going forward.

This Guy

I actually read that the previous ppv and this months tapings of iMPACT were all set in stone BEFORE Jarret left, not after. It was just tweaked in taking him out and adding others in, most likely Foley. The pep talk last week to Young, was probably supose to be Jarret, not Foley, it was probably supose to be Jarret/Angle in an "on the pole match" not Foley.

Matches yes, but the writing, the angles on how these matches are set up no. Hense the Jarrett crap filter for Russo. Granted for the PPV those were just bad matches and probably would be with or without Jarrett. But Impact many of those details were no doubt written without Jarrett's normal filter.