TNA attempts shot at WWE (shakes head)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

TNA Wrestling issued the following press release today:

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING HEADS TO COLORADO, FOR SURE!

DEJECTED WWE FANS CAUGHT IN THE “DENVER DEBACLE†GET A $10 DISCOUNT FOR TNA TICKETS WITH THEIR UNUSED WWE TICKETS FROM COLORADO SHOWS.

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is bringing a slam-dunk show to Colorado – and unlike its competition, the superstars of TNA will not skip town.

The TNA Live! Tour invades the Pueblo (Colo.) Convention Center on Friday night, May 29, and then moves to Cheyenne, Wyo., on Saturday night, May 30 at the Taco Johns Event Center. Both shows start at 7:30 p.m., and anyone bringing an unused WWE ticket from its recently-cancelled Colorado shows to the box office in Pueblo or Cheyenne will receive a $10 discount for tickets either TNA show.

“Some of the biggest pro wrestling fans in the nation are in Colorado,†said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter. “It was sad to see the WWE pull out of all their scheduled shows in Colorado recently because of the scheduling conflict with the NBA playoffs. I want everyone in Colorado to know that TNA Wrestling is coming and we hope to see you at our first shows ever in your state. For WWE fans that paid for any of these cancelled events, we are offering you $10 off the purchase of tickets to come see us and enjoy the best fan experience in pro wrestling.â€

Carter also confirmed that TNA is “formally inviting†all Nugget players, coaches, broadcasters and front-office staff to the Pueblo show.

Appearing live will be “The King of the Mountain†Jeff Jarrett, “The War Machine†Rhino, “The Monster†Abyss, The Beautiful People (Angelina Love and Velvet Sky), Cute Kip, the Motor City Machine Guns, “The Blueprint†Matt Morgan, TNA X Division Champion Suicide, Lethal Consequences, Taylor Wilde, “Showtime†Eric Young, Brutus Magnus, Kiyoshi, and more.

prowrestlingscoops.com
---------------------------

Pretty funny, considering WWE didn't skip town. They were in a dispute over a large arena, something TNA wouldn't know anything about.

noumenon

Good to know...so TNA tickets will only be a dollar then?
"DON'T WORRY, WE'LL BE THERE...WE ONLY NEED A MID SIZED VFW HALL OR CATERING VENUE FOR OUR SHOW! AND COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACT THAT OUR DAYS DON'T CLASH WITH THE NBA AT ALL!!!"

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I think it's a smart move on TNA's part to ride off the coattails of WWE's Denver-gate publicity.

MikeRaw

Not really though. It isn't giving them any publicity. The only people who will care or see it is their fans, and their fans already know the circumstances with the WWE thing anyway.
I just think it's stupid when either WWE or TNA takes shots at the others, but it turns out to be TNA doing it more than WWE. Just stupid though. Obviously it's completely different circumstances.

davidian13

Reaction score
So rather than get a full refund of $50-$100, fans can get a $10 discount by bringing in their unused WWE tickets to see Cute Kip take on Shark boy in a 6 sides of steel, shark fin on a pole, pin your opponent, then escape from the cage match. Damn its so tempting...

seX-Power

Lol @ them asking us to pay money to see such 'great' stars as Cute Kip, Rhino, Brutus Magnus and Eric Young.

Kizza

Aren't the tickets like 5 bucks anyways? I'd pay 5 bucks to see Kiyoshi.

Qwake

rofl at who they have for the show, Jarrett, Rhino, MCMG and Abyss might be worth seeing but for there to be a good show you would think they would have Angle, Booker, AJ, Joe, Daniels and those guys there. Without those big names I don't even think the very few TNA fans would even wanna go to that.

lol @ TNA

The Rated R CMStar

Carter also confirmed that TNA is “formally inviting” all Nugget players, coaches, broadcasters and front-office staff to the Pueblo show.

Dixie, that stuff works for Vince, not you.

Kizza

I fucking love Kiyoshi. I'd get a Kiyoshi chant going. He should be TNA champ. he just brings the charisma with him wherever he goes.

This Guy

a couple comments.

1) tickets for the event are $50, $35 & $20

2) I just tried to "buy" tickets and 2nd row seats are still available....so they haven't sold squat and tickets have been on sale since April 17th

3) Assuming the entire Nuggets staff takes them up on the offer, would there be any tickets left? The building only holds aprox 3000 people, you figure the entire team, staff, front office staff etc?

4) assuming the series goes 6 games, the nuggets will be playing the lakers @ the Pepsi Centre...not only will they not be coming but neither will most of the fans...they'll be too busy trying to root the nuggets on to a championship.

5) someone else already said it but yeah I pay even $50 for a Monday Night Raw ticket and I can get $10 off there show....so what most likely you have to give them the ticket so that you can't just keep giving it to your friends or something...which means your out $50 to save $10.

DUMB