TNA and UFC reach deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Wrestlezone said:
We have learned that UFC and TNA Wrestling have reached a deal regarding promotion for the UFC's February 2nd show featuring Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir.

Sources are saying that there will be heavy advertising of the next UFC during the TNA shows over the next two weeks. The TNA shows will also hype packages to build up the match.

Next week's TNA iMPACT! will include a Brock Lesnar training package, as well as a Kurt Angle interview, where he breaks down the Lesnar vs. Mir match.

Hmmm, I wonder where this will lead to. Interesting.

phantomgerald

Yeah this is just helping each other get publicity, nothing else.

HHHforever

Reaction score
That was just what I was going to say. Spike is very envolved with UFC and obviously TNA. I wouldn't think much would come from this since UFC probably looks at itself as "real" and TNA as "fake". I'd say this is just a Spike TV thing.

PeepShow

I know Lesnar isn't going to TNA. I'm just saying that maybe it will lead to something else, like a pact of some sort. But most likely its just a Spike thing.

CenaMark54

What this probably does mean is that Lesnar will at least make an appearance on TNA programming.

As we all know, the TV networks usually have the most power and if they want a big UFC star to cross promote on TNA, it will happen.

I just can't see why Spike wouldn't insist upon this. It will help out both UFC and TNA. I'd tune into TNA for the first time in almost a year to see Lesnar, even though I'm not a big fan of either Lesnar or TNA. And who knows, maybe I will see something else on TNA I like and become a diehard TNA fan and change my name to StylesMark45.

vickymania

Reaction score
dont think lesner will appear on TNA..even WWE tried to get a deal but i guess Spike Tv gave it to TNA..nothing too much to read in this..just a promotional thing..

Switchy

Reaction score
I could see Lesnar apear in TNA but in a non-active appearance and it would prolly just be a one off anyway. Once the Mir/Lesnar fight is done there won't be no more heard of the deal anyway, it's only for a couple of weks.

Triple H

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is in UFC? Dam i feel dumb i never knew what happened to him.

Wrestling Station

Brock Lesnar is in UFC? Dam i feel dumb i never knew what happened to him.
did you also know that we are in the year 2008 ?

anyway, i think Kurt Angle will start the funny moments with Lesner again, as they both had funny, gay moments when they were in WWE.

Its going to be good, hope that TNA wont ruin things like that with their mis-leading actions.

chessarmy

Its just cross promotion, I dont think Lesnar is going to make any appearances on iMPACT! or TNA PPVs.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea I wouldn't expect to see Angle and Lesnar doing any promos together or anything like that. They might have some video packages with Angle talking about Lesnar and vice versa, but I doubt they'll get together. Although I might check TNA out if they did something like that, just to see it.