TNA aims towards bigger Arenas, new superstar to debut...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hunter22375

Reaction score
TNA really does need to keep holding their shows in bigger venues of at least a 13,000 people venue. Right now they are small as hell and everytime they hold it over here in Orlando, its at a studio at Universal Studios which holds like maybe 5,000 people...

Agreed.....they gotta know the fans are there to do it

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Holding events in bigger arenas will draw more attention to themselves. Nobody goes to a little 4000-seater, but people take notice once their city's big 13,000-seater is booked for a night, especially in a "wrestling arena" that has held Smackdown tapings before.

Beer Money Army

i don't mind doug williams when he was in ROH.. I like the european style.. Unsure how will he fit in TNA, but happy to see him on tv again

gashface

Reaction score
Respect to TNA for doing the tour, and I dunno the actual size of the venues, but they must be pretty damn small - They haven't even got a London date... Presumably cos there isn't a small enough 'arena' in the capital.

Actually the only ones in london are pretty huge, like 15,000 people or something. I think they chose their spots wisely, who wants to travel into central london to see wrestling anyway? Thats not the kind of place wrestling fans -tend- to live.

Here is the capacity of the liverpool Olympia, the tickets sold out really quickly and they've now added a new show which has also nearly sold that.

Stalls / Upper & Lower balconies - 1960 Stand/Seat (1200 standing / 760 seated) - 1600 seated (Boxing 1500)

So altogether that's quite a few people eh? Not really that small for the UK.

Montana

I think TNA holds house shows in oddball cities, is because they are right next to bigger cities. Also these are the right sized arena's and they are likely cheaper than in the big city.

gashface

Reaction score
Liverpool is a big city in the UK! one of the biggest, also Essex is just on the onskirts of London... and seen as they have two shows in Liverpool, one sold out, I'd say they've made a wise decision. The majority of the wrestling in the UK is in the north, hence the liverpool shows have been a success.

Airfixx

Nearest date to London is Brentwood (just under 2000 capacity) which is actually in Essex and is somewhat off-the-beaten-track travel-wise for your average person who lives south of the Watford gap.

Seems kinda small when you consider the cost of putting the show on (especially when you're paying stars like Kurt), but at the same time rather large given the location and the issues attached.

As I've already said tho', bold move coming over here.... Can't knock it and if I was free I'd make an effort to go (It's only £7 per ticket!).