TNA 2010: That Doesn’t Work For Me, Brother

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BookerMan

Reaction score
Caught up on this thread and can’t wait to read Sacrifice. Such an interesting time to take over. It feels like you’re digging the company out of a hole before it’s even fully been dug yet.

Love the usage of Hogan/Flair/Bischoff so far. It wasn’t necessarily the fact that they took spotlight from the younger talent that hurt TNA in 2010, it’s that they did absolutely nothing interesting with that spotlight. I still need AJ to put Hogan in the dirt tho lol

Reactions: Mandalorian

DTP

Reaction score
TNA iMPACT! - May 3, 2010:

Your level of detail to each segment is unmatched, digestible for the reader with the assisted aid of the formatting. I think I mentioned it last time, but prioritising by storyline rather than linear segments is a really unique way to do things. I like seeing Desmond Wolfe in the main event mix, and actually believe he'd have a fun dynamic with Jeff Jarrett in the ring that would be quite interesting. As we progress, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Styles have less to do with Jarrett and Abyss, though, given the sheer amount of interactions they've had in the past eight years of the company's existence.

I never truly understood Kevin Nash and Eric Young as a tandem, but them going up against the Dudley Boyz ahead of Sacrifice at least checks out. Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal has potential, but maybe somewhere more down the line. It is a shame that Beer Money, Inc. came out shorthanded of the TNA World Tag Team Championship, that said. Hey, it's all about the chase, though.

Blending the TNA Women's Knockouts Championship scene with the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship division is a good choice, allowing for a more fluid and less segregated women's roster. The Beautiful People got so over in such a short time in this period, so it's nice to see them still so frequently used.

Jeez, I see Matt Morgan do an angle with Konnan, and I imagine the size difference...then I imagine Morgan against Homicide, and the difference is more baffling. That said, the Street Fight works best as a means to hopefully show off how ruthless a competitor Homicide can be.

I do hope we see more emphasis on the X-Division going forward. It's a shame seeing Jay Lethal and Generation Me go beaten, but there are more pressing matters at hand. The Motor City Machine Guns being kept strong is for the best, that said. I wonder if you have any long-term plans in mind for little old Max and Jeremy Buck.

Elsewhere, I do think there is potential for Ric Flair and Beer Money, Inc. as a new group. I could very much get behind that. Hey, it could also be the way you eventually lead Robert Roode in his own direction, should you decide to inject the main event with some original juice.

I'm more interested in Daizee Haze coming in and being used than I am Orlando Jordan, who for clear reasons following that weird angle with Rob Terry, I didn't think belonged anywhere near to TNA Wrestling in this era. Maybe you can change my mind.

TNA iMPACT! - May 10, 2010:

You've done a masterful job building up Hulk Hogan and AJ Styles for their TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. It's been fascinating how you've managed to portray AJ opposite Hogan, but my God, can you imagine if Hogan had the cahones to give himself this slot? Jeff Jarrett as the special guest enforcer makes for a very precarious element to perhaps the biggest match in TNA's eight year history. The charm of TNA in this period is how interchangeable a lot of the talent interactions can be, with Ric Flair having his say, for instance. Just a thought, but maybe if Ric fancies desecrating his WrestleMania XXIV retirement, maybe it would work to the benefit of AJ.

I'm not too sure how I feel about Rob Van Dam being tied to a tag team with Tommy Dreamer, but in terms of slotting ECW stars with one another, it checks out. Glad to see Rhino make his return, but I think he should have plowed through Shannon Moore in far quicker time with the Gore.

It is interesting how you've managed to get the Beautiful People over as faces. I do have a dark theory that we're going to see Angelina Love be betrayed, though, for some reason. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if it does it would make for an interesting angle. As a match, I hope Tara has her working boots on at Sacrifice.

Somewhat strange to see Rob Terry and Alex Shelley share a ring, but size matters less in TNA Wrestling than it does anywhere else, you can argue. I'm all for the TNA Global Championship and TNA X-Division Championship going up against each other. Why stop there - why not just axe the Global title altogether? I sure hope Frankie Kazarian comes out on top. It's a sad sight to see the X-Division title used in this role.

I know that Okada's tenure in TNA is little more than a learning excursion before returning to NJPW, but I do feel like you could afford to make his run in TNA look a little less shitty in the eyes of New Japan. Really to help relations between the two organisations, I think it'd be wise.

With Abyss wounded, I suspect that Desmond Wolfe will have an easy route to victory at Sacrifice. He defintely needs it, unless there are bigger stories at play here. With the positioning of Beer Money, Inc. and Wolfe on the same side, as well as AJ Styles' interactions with Ric Flair, I would not be so against the idea of them as a part of a new Four Horsemen-type stable.

All roads lead to Sacrifice, but admittedly this go-home show of iMPACT! didn't read as well as the past show. Perhaps because everything's already laid out and ready to go, and I like my pure build-heavy shows. It read a lot of progressive in angles than the previous show, at least.

TNA Sacrifice Pre-Game Show - May 16, 2010:

I really like that you go for the linear approach on pay-per-views. I've no doubt it makes television more bearable to get through en route to the big shows.

I can imagine the response that the Motor City Machine Guns and Generation Me would have gotten, and as odd as it sounds, the Pre-Game Show sounds like the best place for it. Interesting how this developed, and I did like the injury that halted things. This angle is moving along subtly, and one would think it heads towards Max and Jeremy Buck going heel. Well, they work better as heels than Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, at least.

Quite a segment-heavy show for a Pre-Game Show. I like that, admittedly. It certainly makes things more interesting ahead of the pay-per-view itself, and I'll be curious to see where we go with Jeff Jarrett. Hopefully it's less about Jarrett siding with Hulk Hogan capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and more finally seeing payoff to their feud from 2003 that never went anywhere.

I just don't see much in Orlando Jordan's presence in TNA 2010, but I suppose maybe that's the idea. It's clear he's got a Goldust/Velveteen Dream thng about him, but I wonder if there is more t do with him than simply that.

Strange cliffhanger to lead us into Sacrifice with Eric Bischoff's disappearance. It bodes well for the big event, which you've set up marvelously with added suspense with this teaser of a Pre-Game Show. Sacrifice has really been built up on the wavelength of Bound For Glory, and really you won't find a more star powered headlining match than what you've put together. It'll be interesting also to see how you actually top that, many months down the line.

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
First of all, so sorry I missed the predictions. The end of December was like a whirlwind of stuff for me, haha.

Like the notion of posting a pre-show on its own and giving it some time to breathe and adding more anticipation for the PPV.

MCMG/GM was a fun little sprint to start the show which makes sense as a way to start to the crowd into things for sure. MCMG going over makes the most sense hre though.

All your segments here check the boxes on hyping us up for whats going down on the PPV. Like any good preshow should.

But man, if ever was someone who would be down for a slumberparty segment, it's definitely me. Hahaha... loved Brian Kendrick showing up, could definitely imagine him in this scenario. But what a cliffhanger for the pre-show. A missing Eric Bischoff? OH NO BROTHER. I hope he didn't go to the Dungeon of Doom. There's no hulkamaniacs there!

But yeah, can't wait for the big show.

• Love
Reactions: Mandalorian