TNA 2010: That Doesn’t Work For Me, Brother

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So, it is about time I actually set about doing another one of these after not being able to properly commit to a BTB in what has been about three years and this project will be my first time doing this over here on WS. I’ll be up front that the FWA is my priority when it comes to wrestling writing (and I’d implore all of you to check it out), but booking is something that I have done before I even knew what a wrestling forum was. Yep, I was that kid that ran and watched simulated matches on old wrestling games and I created my own little stories from there.

I began writing BTBs in 2010, when I was fifteen years old. I had a few non-starters at the beginning but by the time mid-2011 rolled on by I settled into a WWE 2011 thread which I worked on for on and off over five years across two forums, which amounted to almost six months in booking time. Looking back, it was a fun project to do, but adult me would have done things a lot differently and would have made better use of the greater amount of free time I had back then before getting a job, getting married and having a child.

That project is by far the biggest I have ever worked on and any subsequent attempt after that never got as far. I had some success with a couple of single-wrestler oriented BTBs on WC - first centred around Cesaro and then Ric Flair. The Cesaro one being the project which won me my first and only BTBOTM award.

The long and short of it is that I’ve never been able to make something stick. Deciding on a new project was difficult, because I seem to be gravitated towards certain periods of time where I think things that were done in real life could have just been done better. I’ve plotted out ideas for rebooking the Invasion, The Nexus, Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion. Fixing things where I felt they were broken is the kind of thing that I want to write. Chiefly, because once I’ve done what I feel I need to do to correct the course, I can move onto something else.

That is the goal for this project. I do not expect it to be a long one in terms of length of time booked, but it may be a while in real time before I get there. Who knows?

As for what this project will be about? Well, I’ve already given a few examples of things that I think could have been done better (or not at all in Jinder’s case) but deciding on what I would tackle first was difficult. I had to think back and consider what I had experienced in my fandom that was so egregiously bad in my eyes that I feel like I need to rectify it?

For all of the “What if?’s” and the “This should have never happened!’s”, there is one thing which stands out above everything else to me. For me, that is the end of Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling being a viable competitor to the WWE.

I began to watch wrestling regularly in around late 2003, I’d say. I do not recall much of what happened back then from memory (of course I have since supplemented my knowledge), but I watched WWE as much as I could from then. I was a WWE Experience guy because we couldn’t afford Sky Sports when I was younger… but then one day in 2005, I was flicking through the channels we did have access to and I found out for the first time that the WWE was not the only wrestling company in the world. On that very day, I discovered TNA.

So, my attention began to shift. Don’t get me wrong, for the rest of 2005 and the entirety of 2006, I was enjoying what was to me, the best era of WWE I can recall watching. But from 2007 onwards… I was a TNA guy. I watched it every week, recorded all of the PPVs and saved them on Sky Plus and watched them as many times as I could. I was obsessed.

I continued to follow TNA regularly for the next couple of years, watching as I perceived the product to be growing with the introduction of more and more names I recognised from WWE. I truly believed that even with the slew of ex-WWE guys coming in, TNA had the right mix and still gave enough focus to their originals so that they had the perfect balance to become a true competitor to the WWE, especially as Raw in 2009 was the drizzliest of all of the drizzling shits with the guest hosts, DX-Lite and Hornswoggle vs Chavo.

Then, in late 2009… something changed for me. A new force arrived in TNA with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff entering the company and immediately making changes which turned TNA from the alternative to the WWE to well, the joke it became for many years afterwards. Sure, people liked the Hogan-era of TNA, but I was not one of them. The abrupt changes to things which set TNA apart made me fall out of love with the company very quickly. Gone were the exciting matches and focus on building the stars to the future and coming in were the likes of Val Venis, Orlando Jordan and the Nasty Boys. They even changed the iconic ring!

By early 2010, I was right back on that WWE train and I managed to find enjoyment where I could not before because I knew what the alternative had become. I didn’t know any indies or how to watch them.

Sure, I checked into TNA every now and again for the next few years after I had defected back to the WWE, but it seemed that every single thing in this company revolved around one man.

vlcsnap-2020-08-17-08h26m51s238.png

And well… that doesn’t work for me, brother.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
It will probably come as a surprise that this project does not begin in late 2009, where I preemptively get in ahead of the arrival of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff into TNA. If I was doing that, I wouldn’t say I was “fixing” a problem that I had with the product at the time (and am still very annoyed about to this day).

No, this project gets underway after Hogan and Bischoff have had their fingers in the pie for a few months already and made some drastic changes to TNA during this time, although thankfully not all of them stuck as Sean Morley and the Nasty Boys have already been and gone. But the playpen ring is gone and it isn’t coming back, brother.

I am kicking things off after Lockdown 2010 (results summarised below and which took place thirteen years ago to the day from when I started this thread).

TNA LOCKDOWN
April 18, 2010

Steel Cage Match:

Rob Van Dam def. James Storm
In the opening contest of the night, RVD defeated Beer Money’s James Storm inside the four sides of steel to earn Team Hogan the advantage in the Lethal Lockdown match taking place later on in the night. That’s right, the faces have the numbers advantage. Makes perfect sense.

Xscape Match:
Homicide def. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Brian Kendrick
After it was announced that Douglas Williams had been stripped of the X Division Championship as he was unable to attend the show due to flight problems, the scheduled tag team match pitting the Motor City Machine Guns against Homicide and Brian Kendrick was turned into an Xscape Match. The winner would take Williams’s place in the X Division Championship match later on in the night, and Homicide emerged victorious.

Steel Cage Match:
Kevin Nash def. Eric Young
Young failed to gain retribution against Nash after being betrayed by him in favour of Nash’s old friends Scott Hall and Syxx-Pac. After the match, Nash got on the mic and revealed he will be taking Pac’s place as Scott Hall’s tag team partner later in the show, after the former no showed the event.

Steel Cage Match:
TNA Knockouts Championship and TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships
The Beautiful People (Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky) ©
def. Angelina Love © and Tara
Madison Rayne pinned Tara to end the match and become the TNA Knockouts Champion and retain the tag titles for her and Velvet, meaning Love lost the title without being pinned for it. After the match, Tara attacked Love.

Steel Cage Match:
TNA X Division Championship
Kazarian
def. Homicide and Shannon Moore
Despite advancing from the Xscape Match earlier on in the night, Homicide failed to win the X Division Championship, with Kazarian walking away from this one victorious.

Steel Cage Match:
Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) def. The Band (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash)
With Nash stepping in to fill Syxx-Pac’s shoes after the no show, Team 3D found themselves up against one of the most historic pairings in wrestling history. However, Ray and Devon were able to overcome The Band and win after putting Hall through a table with a 3D.

Steel Cage Match:
Kurt Angle def. Mr. Anderson
Kurt Angle picked up a decisive victory over the brash Mr. Anderson, gaining some retribution for the troops that he felt that Anderson had disrespected, winning after choking Anderson out with some dog tags. After the match, Angle stomped on Anderson’s dick as he exited the cage and then announced that he was going to be taking some time off, citing tiredness after recent events such as his false arrest.

Steel Cage Match:
TNA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles ©
def. D’Angelo Dinero
The Pope once again fell short in his quest to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion at Lockdown, falling short against AJ Styles once again. This time, AJ used a concealed pen to jab Pope in the eye before hitting him with a Styles Clash and celebrating with Ric Flair.

Lethal Lockdown:
Team Hogan (Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam) def. Team Flair (Sting, Desmond Wolfe, Robert Roode and James Storm)
The number advantage obtained by the faces was negated when Sting attacked Hardy backstage, only for Hardy to emerge and compete in the match just a few minutes later. The ending of the match comprised of run-ins by Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff and Hogan beat the shit out of Flair after Bischoff sided with Hogan.Flair flopped onto some thumbtacks after Hogan was done, all the while the actual competitors in the match were just lying down and not participating. This is until the end when Abyss and Desmond Wolfe got up and Abyss hit a Black Hole Slam to win the match for Team Hogan.

I personally felt that this show was an absolute chore to get through upon a rewatch because everything was just gravitated to the Lethal Lockdown match between Team Hogan and Team Flair. The focus wasn’t on the competitors in the match (why would it be?!), but on Hogan and Flair themselves, with the major drama being which side of the line Eric Bischoff would fall between the two.

Don’t get me wrong, there was some stuff going on at this moment in time that I did like and on this show. The X Division matches were enjoyable watches, albeit nothing exceptional for me. The Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson feud was fun and Kurt stomping on Anderson’s dick after he beat him is one of my favourite TNA moments from this period in time. I enjoyed The Pope rising up the ranks, too, to become a legitimate challenger for the World Title, although him not winning here was something of a missed opportunity for me.

What is worth bearing in mind about this project is that these guys are still in charge at the point in time where I will be taking over. I want this to be as realistic as I can make it so I’m going to be booking like Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff… initially, anyway. My first goalpost for this project is the Pay-Per-View following Lockdown - Sacrifice. There are four episodes of Impact before we get there and I won’t be writing these out in full, but they’ll be in recap form with some detail on the important stuff.

Once I have completed the roster post and set up my archive post I will be dropping some news and notes, detailing some Lockdown fallout and some potential future TNA developments which I will then follow up with a preview for the first episode of Impact following Lockdown.

Last edited:

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
ROSTER
as at April 19, 2010

MALE ROSTER

* - inactive

AJ Styles
Abyss
Al Snow
Alex Shelley
Amazing Red
Bobby Roode
Brian Kendrick
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Chris Sabin
D’Angelo Dinero
D’lo Brown
Desmond Wolfe
Doug Williams*
Dr. Stevie*
Eric Young
Hernandez*
Homicide
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Jeremy Buck
Jesse Neal
Kazarian
Kevin Nash
Kiyoshi*
Kurt Angle*
Magnus*
Matt Morgan
Max Buck
Mick Foley*
Mr. Anderson
Okada
Orlando Jordan
Raven*
Rhino*
Rob Terry
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe*
Scott Hall
Shannon Moore
Shark Boy
Sting
Suicide*
Syxx-Pac*
Tomko

KNOCKOUTS

* - inactive

Angelina Love
Daffney
Hamada*
Lacey Von Erich
Madison Rayne
ODB*
Sarita
Tara
Taylor Wilde
Velvet Sky

OTHER ON-AIR PERSONNEL

* - inactive

Christy Hemme - Backstage Interviewer
Chelsea - Manager of Desmond Wolfe
David Penzer - Ring Announcer
Dixie Carter - TNA President
Eric Bischoff - Co-General Manager
Hulk Hogan - Co-General Manager
Jeremy Borash - Backstage Interviewer
Mike Tenay - Play-by-Play Commentator
Miss Tessmacher - Executive Assistant to Eric Bischoff
Ric Flair - Manager of AJ Styles
SoCal Val - Ringside Attendant
Taz - Colour Commentator

TAG TEAMS/STABLES

Beer Money (Bobby Roode and James Storm)
Generation Me (Jeremy Buck and Max Buck)
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin)
Sarita and Taylor Wilde
Team 3D (Brother Ray, Brother Devon and Jesse Neal)
The Band (Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Syxx-Pac)
The Beautiful People (Lacey von Erich, Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky)

CHAMPIONS

TNA World Heavyweight Championship:
(1) AJ Styles
September 20, 2009 - present
Defeated Kurt Angle at No Surrender in a match also featuring Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Sting

TNA Knockouts Championship:
(1) Madison Rayne
April 18, 2010 - present
Defeated Angelina Love at Lockdown in a Tag Team Match also featuring Tara and Velvet Sky.

TNA World Tag Team Championships:
(1) Matt Morgan
January 17, 2010 - present
Recognised by TNA as sole champion after an injury to Hernandez

TNA X Division Championship:
(3) Kazarian
April 18, 2010 - present
Defeated Shannon Moore and Homicide at Lockdown to win the vacated championship.

TNA Global Championship:
(1) Rob Terry
January 27, 2010 - present
Defeated Eric Young at a TNA live event.

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships:
(1) The Beautiful People ((1) Lacey Von Erich, (1) Madison Rayne and (1) Velvet Sky)
March 8, 2010 - present
Defeated Sarita and Taylor Wilde, Angelina Love and Tara on Impact to win the vacant championships. Titles can be defended by any combination of Von Erich, Rayne and Sky under the Freebird Rule.

ROSTER
as at May 1, 2010

MALE ROSTER

* - inactive

AJ Styles
Abyss
Al Snow
Alex Shelley
Amazing Red
Bobby Roode
Brian Kendrick
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Chris Sabin
D’Angelo Dinero
D’lo Brown
Desmond Wolfe
Doug Williams*
Dr. Stevie*
Eric Young
Hernandez*
Homicide
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy*
Jeff Jarrett
Jeremy Buck
Jesse Neal
Kazarian
Kevin Nash
Kiyoshi*
Kurt Angle*
Magnus*
Matt Morgan
Max Buck
Mick Foley*
Mr. Anderson
Okada
Orlando Jordan
Raven*
Rhino
Rob Terry
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe*
Shannon Moore
Shark Boy
Sting*
Suicide*
Tomko
Tommy Dreamer

KNOCKOUTS

* - inactive

Angelina Love
Daizee Haze
Daffney
Hamada
Lacey Von Erich
Madison Rayne
ODB*
Sarita
Tara
Taylor Wilde
Velvet Sky

OTHER ON-AIR PERSONNEL

* - inactive

Christy Hemme - Backstage Interviewer
Chelsea - Manager of Desmond Wolfe
David Penzer - Ring Announcer
Dixie Carter - TNA President
Eric Bischoff - Co-General Manager
Hulk Hogan - Co-General Manager
Jeremy Borash - Backstage Interviewer
Mike Tenay - Play-by-Play Commentator
Miss Tessmacher - Executive Assistant to Eric Bischoff
Ric Flair - Manager of AJ Styles
SoCal Val - Ringside Attendant
Taz - Colour Commentator

TAG TEAMS/STABLES

Beer Money (Bobby Roode and James Storm)
Generation Me (Jeremy Buck and Max Buck)
Kevin Nash and Eric Young
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin)
Sarita and Taylor Wilde
Team 3D (Brother Ray, Brother Devon and Jesse Neal)
Team Flair (Ric Flair, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, Bobby Roode and James Storm)
The Beautiful People (Lacey von Erich, Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky)
Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam

CHAMPIONS

TNA World Heavyweight Championship:
(1) AJ Styles
September 20, 2009 - present
Defeated Kurt Angle at No Surrender in a match also featuring Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Sting

TNA Knockouts Championship:
(1) Madison Rayne
April 18, 2010 - present
Defeated Angelina Love at Lockdown in a Tag Team Match also featuring Tara and Velvet Sky.

TNA World Tag Team Championships:
(1) Matt Morgan
January 17, 2010 - April 26, 2010
Recognised by TNA as sole champion after an injury to Hernandez

(1) Kevin Nash (1) and Eric Young (2)
April 26, 2010 - present
Kevin Nash defeated Matt Morgan; Eric Young named as champion alongside him

TNA X Division Championship:
(3) Kazarian
April 18, 2010 - present
Defeated Shannon Moore and Homicide at Lockdown to win the vacated championship.

TNA Global Championship:
(1) Rob Terry
January 27, 2010 - present
Defeated Eric Young at a TNA live event.

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships:
(1) The Beautiful People ((1) Lacey Von Erich, (1) Madison Rayne and (1) Velvet Sky)
March 8, 2010 - present
Defeated Sarita and Taylor Wilde, Angelina Love and Tara on Impact to win the vacant championships. Titles can be defended by any combination of Von Erich, Rayne and Sky under the Freebird Rule.

Last edited:

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: King Kota

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
So hype for your return to the section. While I had stopped following TNA by 2010, I'm definitely excited to see where you take it.

Reactions: Mandalorian

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this, Man. Fun backstory write up, I always enjoy hearing other people’s journey to get to where they are in the BTB world today. Glad that the direction I believe you’re heading is sticking with the shit that made TNA, well, TNA. Pumped to see what you have planned. Best of luck writing!

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Great to see you in this section of the forum, my bro! And welcome back! :)

Enjoyed the write up and the backstory. Love how you incorporated the "that doesn't work for me Brother!" at the end haha!

Good luck! I'll be following :D

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the kind words on this so far, everyone. Very glad to be back in a BTB section. For those interested I’ve now updated the second part of the introduction and added the starting roster (yeesh).

I’ll be dropping some news and notes in the first instance and then an Impact preview in the next few days.

Reactions: Deco90

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
At least Impact's theme in 2010 was a banger.

Reactions: Sky

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

NEWS AND NOTES I
April 19, 2010

- Initial reports coming out from within TNA is that the management and creative groups (consisting of the likes of Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Bubba the Love Sponge) believe that the Lockdown Pay-Per-View was an overall success. It is felt that despite a couple of things not going to plan - more to come on that later - that the show was paced well and the correct amount of attention was given to the main storyline throughout the show. This was of course the questions over where Eric Bischoff’s loyalties lied, with the answer finally coming at the conclusion of the main event Lethal Lockdown match.

The main event itself has been viewed as a resounding success within the hierarchy, although the match itself has drawn numerous criticisms due to the increased focus on Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Eric Bischoff as opposed to the wrestlers who were actually competing in the match. As a result of this, the main event has been viewed as one of the weakest matches on the show, which should be a frustration given its run time of over half an hour. The little time given to some of the undercard matches (such as the Xscape Match and the Knockouts match) and some bigger names being left off the card altogether (including sole TNA World Tag Team Champion Matt Morgan) to accommodate the Lethal Lockdown has reportedly ruffled some feathers within the talent pool.

The match which garnered the most praise from fans and critics alike was the feud-ending encounter between Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson, with some suggesting this may have been due to this match existing in somewhat of a vacuum and the build up being untainted by any of the larger Hogan versus Flair goings on which had taken up a significant amount of time on the build to Lockdown.

- The last minute changes to Lockdown were as a result of two unscheduled no shows to the event; X Division Champion Doug Williams was unable to attend due to being trapped in the United Kingdom as a result of the Iceland volcano and the decision was made on the night to vacate the championship and replace Williams in the Triple Threat match alongside Kazarian and Shannon Moore. Williams has been reported as being angered by the decision as he believed that the situation was completely out of his control. As a result, it is understood that Williams has been granted a small period of leave to remain in the UK to “cool off”.

The other no show on Lockdown was that of Syxx-Pac (Sean Waltman). Unlike Williams, there was no pre-explained or obvious reason for his absence. As a result of this, TNA have suspended Waltman without pay for an unspecified period of time and are believed to have still not heard from Waltman as for the reasoning behind him not being at Lockdown. Syxx-Pac not being at Lockdown meant Kevin Nash was required to pull double duty at the event and team with Scott Hall against Team 3D. Nash and Hall are said to be slightly annoyed by this, but could not offer any explanation for Waltman’s absence either to defend him. Some believe that they would not speak up in any instance at risk of their own positions within the company being affected.

On a separate note, some have speculated that Hall picked up an injury in the match against Team 3D. If this proves to be true, the reunion of The Band could be cut short with Nash the only member present on television.

- Both Williams and Syxx-Pac will as a result join the growing list of TNA wrestlers currently inactive from Impact for unspecified reasons. Names such as Rhino, Mick Foley and Magnus have not been seen for over a month and this is in addition to the most high profile absentee in Samoa Joe. Joe was kidnapped by a group of masked men at the end of an episode of Impact at the end of March. This abduction has not been referred to or explained since it happened and it is presently unknown what the plans for Joe’s return to TNA are or how long he will be away for. The same can be said for the other absent names.

- There have been renewed discussions over the decision to keep the current time slot for Impact, which of course has resulted in them running in direct competition with the WWE’s Monday Night Raw. Since the decision to make the move at the beginning of March, TNA’s ratings have slowly been declining; the lowest point being a 0.62 rating on 29 March. In fact, TNA has not been able to achieve anything higher than a 0.98, which was on the first Impact following the permanent switch to Monday nights.

Both Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are staunchly in favour of keeping the Monday night slot exactly as it is, as they believe that they can eventually begin to make some inroads on WWE’s lead over TNA and it is believed that Hogan has said that “TNA fans will see something like they have never seen before” on the road to Sacrifice on May 16.

On the other side of the coin, some within the company have suggested that Hogan and Bischoff need to take care, as continuing to run at such a loss against Raw will result in Impact getting completely buried to the point of no return. One of the most vocal voices on this is that of the man credited with founding the company, Jeff Jarrett. Whilst Jarrett no longer holds a position of power within the company structure and is viewed as nothing more than an ambassador and an in-ring talent, he clearly still holds a vested interest in TNA’s wellbeing. TNA President Dixie Carter is for now willing to go along with Hogan and Bischoff’s vision.

- A number of high-profile matches have been announced for the post-Lockdown episode of Impact including Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam taking on Beer Money, Jeff Jarrett versus Desmond Wolfe and Abyss taking on Sting in the main event. This is indicative of the Team Hogan versus Team Flair storyline potentially continuing, as these matches all include participants in the Lethal Lockdown match at Lockdown. In addition to this, a “new signing” has been teased, but details of who this could be are presently unknown.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
roster actually doesn't look too awful surprisingly. cant wait for the hulkster to take the title from nerd aj styles. fun project!

Jam

Reaction score
Time sure flies, doesn't it? Good to see you back where our paths first crossed. Your stuff has always been top notch, so I don't have any doubts that this one is going to be a banger. You know I'll be following.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

IMPACT
April 19, 2010
Family Arena - Saint Charles, Missouri

The fallout from Lockdown begins tonight, with plenty of scores still to be settled as TNA occupies the Family Arena for the second night in a row. Whilst Team Hogan were victorious inside Lethal Lockdown last night, the members of Team Flair will have the chance to even the scores as the two teams will be doing battle across three separate matches in Saint Charles. Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy will team up to make a formidably exciting team to take on former TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money. Desmond Wolfe was the man pinned at the conclusion of Lethal Lockdown and has an opportunity to redeem himself against Jeff Jarrett. As a reward for obtaining the winning fall, Hulk Hogan has granted his close friend Abyss a main event match against ‘The Icon’ Sting.

Kazarian became a three-time X Division Champion at Lockdown after he overcame Shannon Moore and Homicide to capture the vacant championship. It was Homicide that was pinned during that match, and as a result ‘The Prince of Punk’ has been granted another chance at the gold against the new champion, but this time in singles action. Elsewhere in the X Division, a Six Man Tag Team Match will take place with Jay Lethal teaming up with Homicide and Brian Kendrick to face the very tough team of Amazing Red and the Motor City Machine Guns duo of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

The steel cage of Lockdown was an ideal setting for the grudge match between Eric Young and Kevin Nash to take place, after months of backstabbing by ‘Big Sexy’. Young was unable to overcome the veteran and will look to rebound as he faces off against another monster in the shape of ‘The Blueprint’ Matt Morgan, who is of course the current holder of the TNA World Tag Team Championships.

The former TNA Knockouts Champion Angelina Love will go one-on-one with her former best friend Velvet Sky, just a day after Love lost her title after Madison Rayne pinned Tara in a tag team match with all of the Knockouts gold up for grabs. Tara assaulted Love following the match and Angelina may have to contend with her as well as her former Beautiful People teammates.

Whilst not scheduled for action tonight, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles will be in attendance, along with Ric Flair (the latter likely not in the best shape after Lethal Lockdown). Styles successfully defended his title against D’Angelo Dinero at Lockdown and will be anticipating his next challenger. As well as Styles, it is understood that Team 3D and The Band will also be present in Saint Charles!

Announced Matches:

Singles Match - Main Event:
Abyss vs. Sting

Singles Match:
Desmond Wolfe vs. Jeff Jarrett

Tag Team Match:
Beer Money vs. Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam

Singles Match - X Division Championship:
Kazarian © vs. Shannon Moore

Singles Match:
Eric Young vs. Matt Morgan

Singles Match:
Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Jay Lethal, Brian Kendrick and Homicide vs. Amazing Red and Motor City Machine Guns

——————————————————————

Hoping to get this project up and running properly finally. First show will hopefully be up before the end of the week, but I’m not going to make any promises…

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

Trying something a bit different with how I’ll be presenting the shows, as I don’t think I have it in me to write the shows out segment by segment even in recap form. Basically doing a cliff notes kind of style which should hopefully still convey all of the important events on the shows. Would be interested to know how people feel about this and whether reading a show like this is better or worse than doing it normally. I am actually planning on writing PPVs out properly by the time I get around to them. Anyway, hope you all enjoy, brothers!or maybe you won't dudes but that really isn't up to me

———————————————————————

Impact!
April 19, 2010
Family Arena - Saint Charles, Missouri

STACKING THE DECK AGAINST THE CHAMPION

Impact! had several main event quality matches on the docket for the fallout from Lockdown, but the show began with the TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles making his entrance, accompanied by Ric Flair. Styles spoke about his victory over D’Angelo Dinero at Lockdown and reaffirmed his stance that ‘The Pope’ simply is not at the level required to compete with the best that TNA has to offer. Flair then grabbed the microphone and began a spiel about how there aren’t many options in the back for who can provide a strong enough challenge to Styles, but before he could continue, Hulk Hogan made his entrance to a rousing ovation from the fans.

Hulk Hogan: “Well, let me tell you somethin’, Flair. You might come out here and say that there’s no one on AJ Styles’ level, but I’ve got to disagree, dude. You see, last night at Lockdown, I had four guys fighting for me in the Lethal Lockdown match and they shed blood, sweat and tears to beat Team Flair! That’s something I noticed that you haven’t talked about yet tonight, if you even were going to. Now, those four guys I know as a fact to be good enough to challenge AJ Styles for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at our next event, which is going to be called Sacrifice. They sacrificed everything they had to take part in that match because it could have changed their lives forever. In fact, those four guys who fought on Team Hogan - Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam and Abyss - all deserve a shot at you at Sacrifice, Styles!

So as it stands, you’re going to be defending that title of yours against all of the Team Hogan members from last night! What do you think about that? I didn’t think you’d like it very much, but I want to show you how much of a fair man that Hulk Hogan is, brother. Let it never be said that I don’t offer those who have wronged me a chance for redemption. You’d have all seen the card for tonight, because we’ve got a stacked show for all of the Hulkamaniacs here in Saint Charles. So what we’ve done is put those four Team Hogan members against your four Team Flair members. If any of the Team Hogan members lose tonight then they’re out of Sacrifice. They would have had their chance - bye bye. I don’t think that’s gonna happen though, so the only thing I have left to do is ask you something, AJ Styles… WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN TEAM HOGAN RUNS WILD ON YOU AT SACRIFICE?!”

Both Styles and Flair were incensed by the decision and position that Styles had been put in. Flair was quick to gather the men who had been on his team at Lockdown to promise them future title shots if they ensured that none of Team Hogan made it to Sacrifice, realising that Hogan’s plan did actually allow for no one to challenge for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship if all four of Jarrett, Hardy, Abyss and RVD lost.

Up first to attempt to secure his spot at Sacrifice was Jeff Jarrett. The founder of TNA had to face Desmond Wolfe, who was accompanied by Chelsea as always. Jarrett was able to get the better of the ruthless Brit for the majority of the match. However, Chelsea proved a constant thorn in his side throughout and it was thanks to a distraction by the valet that Wolfe was able to roll Jarrett up, grabbing the tights to win at 6:49. Wolfe celebrated his victory with Chelsea as Jarrett swore revenge from in the ring. ‘Double J’ seemed distraught by the loss; as if he’d find it hard to come into another shot at the title any time soon.

The next scheduled match to impact the Sacrifice main event was a two-for-one, as Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam were set to take on Beer Money. However as RVD made his entrance, the feed cut to backstage where Jeff Hardy had been laid out. The culprit was the same man who attacked him the night before prior to Lethal Lockdown - Sting. Eric Bischoff arrived on the scene and demanded Sting be removed from the arena and then came out to ringside and apologetically informed RVD that he’d have to go it alone. Whilst Van Dam fought as hard as he could, he was unable to overcome Roode and Storm, as Beer Money defeated RVD with the DWI at 7:55.

Following Sting’s removal from the arena, Hulk Hogan congratulated Abyss backstage for qualifying for Sacrifice, but Abyss was adamant that he wanted to earn his shot. He thanked Hogan for his continued faith in him but he was clear that it would not be right for him to advance without winning a match against a member of Team Flair. As this conversation took place, Ric Flair and AJ Styles arrived on the scene and mocked Abyss for being such a “goody two-shoes”. Inspiration struck Hogan and he said that there was another Team Flair member who had not competed tonight - Ric Flair himself. Flair almost appeared to have a heart attack, but Hogan then changed the main event to Abyss versus ‘The Nature Boy’.

The main event for the night was ‘The Monster’ Abyss going up against Ric Flair in a suit. However Flair obtained an advantage before the bell ring thanks to Styles, Wolfe and Beer Money attacking Abyss as he made his way down to the ring. Abyss was left bloody and beaten as a result of this. Once they were done, they rolled Abyss back into the ring, semi-conscious, and Flair delivered a single elbow drop onto Abyss’s unmoving body to win in 46 seconds. Once the bell was rung, Flair celebrated with his charges and they looked to continue their assault on Abyss, but Jeff Jarrett and Hulk Hogan ran out for the save, causing the bad guys to scatter.

Hogan was frustrated and disappointed that Styles had managed to weasel himself out of a match at Sacrifice, but Eric Bischoff soon came out onto the stage as the two sides faced off.

Eric Bischoff: “Alright, that’s enough! There’s been enough scheming and manoeuvring tonight to last a whole lifetime, let alone one night. Hulk, you had a good idea, and I’m sorry for you that it didn’t work out how you wanted it to. As per the stipulations laid out, none of your guys won their matches so they can’t challenge AJ Styles for the TNA title at Sacrifice in four weeks.

But before you start getting too excited, Flair, I want to point out something that no one here apart from me has been able to put together. It’s true, none of the four men won their matches tonight. They weren’t the only members of Team Hogan, though. There’s one member of Team Hogan that didn’t lose their match tonight and therefore still has a shot at AJ Styles at Sacrifice. That Team Hogan member is none other than ‘The Immortal’ HULK HOGAN!”

The fans were very much in support of the proposition whilst Flair, Styles and co. protested in vain at the ruling. In the ring, Hulk Hogan was initially shocked and gasped very animatedly before he allowed the realisation to dawn on him properly. He slowly nodded his head and stroked his moustache with a satisfied smile. Abyss was with it enough to show his pleasure for the decision whilst Jarrett did his best to look pleased for this outcome. Impact! ended with the commentators going crazy for the prospect of Styles vs Hogan at Sacrifice.

THE BAND’S SHORT-LIVED REUNION

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall came out from the back and after Hall began the segment with a “Hey yo,”, Nash took control of the microphone. Nash talks about Lockdown and how it was a mixed night for him and a mixed night for The Band. Mentioning his match with Eric Young, Nash gives props to Young and says that he might not have won, but he showed everyone how tough he is. For that, Eric Young has ‘Big Sexy’s respect and he wishes Young luck for his match later on against Matt Morgan.

Speaking of Morgan, Nash says it’s about time that somebody takes the TNA World Tag Team Championships from him. He then conveniently remembers the Feast or Fired briefcase in his hand which grants him a shot at those titles at any time of his choosing Even though Scott Hall is a bit banged up from their match with Team 3D, The Band are going to show that they’re not going anywhere next week when Nash cashes in the briefcase and The Band face Matt Morgan.

This announcement goes over well with the crowd, but not with the men who defeated Hall and Nash at Lockdown last night - Team 3D. Brother Ray and Brother Devon come out with their student Jesse Neal. Ray takes the mic and says that Nash and Hall should save themselves the embarrassment of losing to one man next week and just do the right thing; give the briefcase to Team 3D. Nash refuses, naturally, so Devon says that Team 3D will instead just take what is theirs instead. This of course begins a brawl, which ends with Scott Hall taking a Powerbomb from the apron rope through a table. With Hall looking seriously injured, medics rush the scene as Team 3D leaves. Nash, after taking a 3D, goes to check on Hall but seems equally concerned.

As the medics tend to Hall, Morgan makes his entrance and seems to find some amusement in The Band’s plight, realising that Hall probably won’t be in any state to compete next week. Eric Young then comes out for his match with Morgan. EY expresses some concern for Hall and seems to thank Nash for the kind words he said before Team 3D’s attack. This moment was cut off by Morgan going after Young, leading into their match. With Hall receiving aid at ringside throughout the entirety of the match, the fans were slightly distracted. The same could be said for Young, as with his mind not fully in the match, Morgan defeated him following a Carbon Footprint at 5:22.

A very pleased Matt Morgan made sure to tell Nash that he would see him next week. ‘Big Sexy’ looked first at Hall being stretchered out and then Young in the ring. He seemed to be in deep thought about something.

THE INNOVATOR OF VIOLENCE ARRIVES

Following Sting’s attack on Jeff Hardy, which left Hardy unable to compete in his scheduled match teaming with Rob Van Dam against Beer Money, RVD was forced to go it alone against Robert Roode and James Storm. Whilst Van Dam put up a valiant effort, he was unable to overcome the odds. To make matters worse for RVD, Beer Money chose to beat him down after the match, as retribution for Team Flair’s loss to Team Hogan in Lethal Lockdown.

Roode and Storm would not get very far, as the mystery signing that was touted before the show and mentioned on commentary a few times throughout the night was revealed to be Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer made his TNA debut with a chair in hand and chased off Beer Money. Unsurprisingly, RVD was pleased to see his fellow ECW alumni and was grateful to Dreamer for the timely intervention.

The cameras caught up with Dreamer and RVD later in the night, when Van Dam was deciding whether to go out and support Abyss in his match with AJ Styles, but Dreamer said that they should just go hit up a bar instead so they can catch up.

Tommy Dreamer: “Rob, I’m honestly really sorry that I couldn’t get out there earlier, man. My car literally arrived at the arena and I caught the end of your match. The first thing I did when I saw Beer Money going after you, I took off and came out there to have your back. I think I even left my bag in the car!

Look, Abyss is a big guy. He can handle himself. How about the two of us hit up one of the bars they’ve got around here and raise hell like the good old days, huh? Besides, if you ask me, it should be you getting the title shot.”

Rob Van Dam: “Look man, I can’t go crazy because I should really try to make it back here for the end of the show. I’ve got this crazy feeling that something wild is going down. I should be here for that. One beer, okay?”

Dreamer and RVD then left the arena and neither were seen again for the remainder of the show (granted there was only about 20 minutes left when this conversation took place). This explained why RVD was not present when Team Hogan came in to make the save for Abyss at the end.

X-CITEMENT IN THE X DIVISION

Frankie Kazarian successfully defended the X Division Championship against Shannon Moore in 9:33 in a match which the crowd was very into for its duration. Moore, whilst playing up his ‘Prince of Punk’ persona, was able to get a lot of offence in on Kazarian, who was able to withstand it all to retain the title he had won a night previous at Lockdown. The two shook hands at the end of the match as a sign of respect to a good ovation from the crowd.

Post-match Jeremy Borash entered the ring to interview the new X Division Champion and Kazarian delivered a passionate speech about being given another chance to lead the division which he was extremely grateful to the fans for. Kaz made it clear that he was going to be a fighting champion and that he’d take on any and all comers who wanted a shot at him. He said it was about time that people stood up and paid attention to what he could do because he was the man to take the X Division to new heights.

A number of candidates to rise up to Kazarian’s challenge were in action in the other X Division contest on Impact! In this match The Motor City Machine Guns and Amazing Red defeated Homicide, Jay Lethal and Brian Kendrick in 5:41 when Alex Shelley pinned Jay Lethal, following miscommunication between Lethal and Kendrick. Shelley then motioned around his waist, indicating that perhaps he felt ready to step up to Kazarian.

A WEB OF WRATH

There was action in the Knockouts Division when Velvet Sky of the Beautiful People took on her former best friend (and founding Beautiful People member), Angelina Love. Love came into this match off the back of losing the Knockouts Championship to Madison Rayne at Lockdown in a Winners Take All Match. Sky had failed to become the Knockouts Champion herself, but remained one of the Knockouts Tag Team Champions.

Given how well they knew each other due to their years teaming together, it was difficult for either Knockout to establish any sort of advantage in the match and as a result this one turned into a cagey affair despite the bad blood between the two of them. Velvet of course had Rayne and Lacey Von Erich alongside her at ringside, who were ready to get involved whenever Sky was on the back foot. The match ended when Love defeated Sky via disqualification at 4:08, after the referee caught Von Erich striking Love with a punch when she was caught up in the ropes.

The Beautiful People didn’t mind losing the match in this manner, and after the match beat down their former stablemate. Rayne produced a can of spray paint which the group were going to use on Love’s face, but Tara sprinted out to make the save, and the Beautiful People scattered. However, this was apparently done just so Tara could have Love to herself, as she then hit Angelina with the Widow’s Peak. It was twice in the space of two nights that Tara had attacked Love unprovoked, and Tara then motioned to Rayne that she was coming after the Knockouts Championship. The Beautiful People seemed concerned about this.

WE GOTTA FILL TWO HOURS

There were a number of notable absences from the show, which the commentary team made a point of informing the viewers were due to matches which took place at Lockdown. D’Angelo Dinero, who failed to capture the TNA World Championship and now found himself frozen out of the title picture for the time being, was not in attendance, but was confirmed to appear next week on Impact! ‘The Pope’ is set to share his thoughts on his defeat to AJ Styles at Lockdown and what his future holds, and it was also announced by TNA management that Dinero would also be in action.

Also not on Impact! were both Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson. The two had been embroiled in a deeply personal feud going into Lockdown which culminated in Angle defeating Anderson inside the steel cage. Mike Tenay told viewers that Angle, despite winning, would be taking some time off to recover from ongoing physical issues and to also improve his state of mind after the psychological battle with Anderson. Anderson meanwhile, was expected to be back the following week.

TNA Global Champion Rob Terry was not in action on Impact!, but instead was given some interview time after the X Division Championship match and hearing Kazarian’s call. Terry said that he is proud to be Global Champion, but he also wouldn’t mind holding some more gold. He of course is very strong so he can definitely manage. Commenting on the X Division, Terry reminds everyone of the old adage of the division not being about no limits, not weight limits. When questioned whether he’d like to challenge for the X Division Championship, Terry said that he would and to prove his credentials, he would defend the TNA Global Championship against any member of the X Division next week. As it so happened, Homicide was walking past and overheard this, accepting Terry’s challenge.

Later on in the show following their attack on Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, Team 3D were shown to be celebrating along with their cohort Jesse Neal. There was booze and chicks for all three to enjoy. The celebrations took a different turn though when Neal took control of the music and played some very loud death metal music. Ray and Devon made it clear that Team 3D did not like that kind of thing and they didn’t want to hear anything like it again. Neal looked slightly upset before a woman in attendance lifted his spirits.

There was a short segment showing Eric Bischoff in his office receiving a phone call. He answered the desk phone and asked who it was. When no answer came from the person on the other end, he hung up.

Impact! Quick Results:
Ric Flair def. Abyss
Desmond Wolfe def. Jeff Jarrett
Beer Money def. Rob Van Dam
Kazarian def. Shannon Moore
Matt Morgan def. Eric Young
Angelina Love def. Velvet Sky
Amazing Red and Motor City Machine Guns def. Jay Lethal, Brian Kendrick and Homicide

Xplosion Quick Results:
Generation Me def. Local Talent
Shannon Moore def. Jesse Neal
Orlando Jordan def. Shark Boy
Alex Shelley def. Jay Lethal, Brian Kendrick

Current Card for…
TNA Sacrifice
May 16, 2010
Impact! Zone - Orlando, Florida

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles © vs. Hulk Hogan

Last edited: