TNA '04-'05 Jeff Hardy Repeat?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
NoDQ.com > TNA > Concern in TNA for Jeff Hardy's well-being?
Posted by Mark Virginia on 04/14/2010 at 04:14 PM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Bryan Alvarez, here is much internal concern regarding the state of Jeff Hardy. Many feel his work since coming to TNA has been lackluster not to mention that his promos are rambling and sometimes virtually incoherent. Several people are comparing his current state to his previous run in the company, which occurred as a result of his termination from WWE for erratic behavior, drug use, refusal to enter rehab and deteriorating ring performance.

His work has been lackluster because he went from being the number one guy in the business to being an upper mid card talent in TNA. If anyone to blame it is TNA's booking. How can you screw up a huge signing in Jeff Hardy? They push every big name they signed and their mother's to main event world title status in TNA over the years but somehow Jeff got lost in the stupid Team Flair vs. Team Hogan feud.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Honestly when Jeff first came to TNA I expected him to be thrust right into the Main Event tbh. I mean he was main eventing in the WWE when he was released. I think that thrusting him into the main event and into a program with AJ would have been awesome. Being that he was imo one of the WWE's biggest draws behind Cena, Rey and DX. But he is kind of just floundering, not really doing anything other then being caught in the middle of the wCw 2.0 shit.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Maybe Jeff and EY should stop having promos and segs together

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Jeff has always had terrible promos. He has a really strong accent, he tries to hard to talk loud and mean, and for some reason he just randomly says "Modest to the top".

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Jeff always sounds really uncomfortable and awkward on the mic imo. His promos always just feel really off. It's the Hardy curse.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
The WWE was the best place for Hardy. They kept him on a short leash and he became one of the best wrestlers in the world.

TNA pretty much tells him to do whatever he wants in the ring and on the mic I reckon. Even worse, they let him do whatever the hell he wants before and after work.

noumenon

Reaction score
I think it's simply the fact that without a big stage to shine on... Jeff just really isn't that special. Without any amazing mic working heels to carry him through a program and TNA idiotically giving him free reign on his promos and character direction it's just painfully obvious that anything that was watchable about Jeff was due entirely to WWE, or his opponent.

...god...

Reaction score
You know something's up when even RVD is looking at you like YOU'RE high.

Haight

Reaction score
The WWE was the best place for Hardy. They kept him on a short leash and he became one of the best wrestlers in the world.

TNA pretty much tells him to do whatever he wants in the ring and on the mic I reckon. Even worse, they let him do whatever the hell he wants before and after work.

Yeah sorry...TNA doesn't provide a daycare center for it's superstars...they don't offer a babysitters club either. This may seem like a strange concept but they like to treat their talent like the adults they are. Grown men and women who can make decisions for themselves....God forbid that should ever happen in WWE!!

One more thing. I can see why Hardy doesn't want to go back. Would you want to go back to constant scrutinization of fans and management who are just waiting for you to 'screw up?' Would you want to suffer through the post-Benoit paranoia by those in charge? Would you want to be told when to eat your vegtables and when to go to bed??? Hell no! Hardy's never going back and I don't blame him. Now get over it!

Kizza

Reaction score
His work has been lackluster because he went from being the number one guy in the business to being an upper mid card talent in TNA. If anyone to blame it is TNA's booking. How can you screw up a huge signing in Jeff Hardy? They push every big name they signed and their mother's to main event world title status in TNA over the years but somehow Jeff got lost in the stupid Team Flair vs. Team Hogan feud.

I agree with this. Jeff Hardy was the biggest guy that TNA could sign, along with RVD. Jeff should have been thrown into a high level feud straight away, with a Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, someone of the ilk. Instead, we see him pussyfooting around with Abyss and Hogan, doing nothing that makes him stand out as a big name. He should be challenging for the title, not on a simple team at Lockdown. Fucked up big time there.

Reaction score
well in one of TNA Booking Jeff Hardy Defeating AJ Styles in Non Title Match. I wonder if they were any plans to it. I don't rate Jeff Hardy that Much at all. But Aj Styles Vs Jeff Hardy Match up for Next PPV (that i am saying Pope Has 100% no chance at all winning TNA C'ship this sunday). A Jeff Hardy Vs AJ Styles Feud could bring some fans in purchasing the PPV. But i don't know if Spike TV has commericalize Jeff hardy alot in TNA or not. But TNA really should Let fans know he is back in Pro wrestling, Jeff Hardy is a Draw and TNA Just don't know how to be Marketable

Reaction score
TNA does. but they don't know how to be making that push being Consisant and Being Marketable at the same time. That's why they can't generate extra ratings for TV programs, better buyrates for PPV and Profits in mechandise.