TIME IS TICKING...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Christian has been wrestling for over ten years, there is no how, no way he is the future. He's a current time wrestler. So get that mentallity out of you're heads please. Shelton Benjamin also, he's missed his chance to get on the sucess train long ago, and I think the closest thing he was to becoming a main eventer was when he had a feud with Triple H around 04-05. Randy Orton is also not the real 'future'. The future you guys want is the guys that will be main eventing Wrestlemania in three years or so. Randy Orton's doing that now, he's not the future, he's the present. Now the potential sucessful canidates are as followed:

Cody Rhodes: I think he's going to become close to WWE & stay around for awhile. Saying that he elevates to John Cena like sucess is kind of hard to say, but he'll be pushed foresure. I see him as a Razor Ramon maybe? I don't see him ever becoming IT though, but I do see he can pull it off.

Ted Dibiase Junior: Same as Cody with staying with the company, but I think he'll be easier to push than Cody. I seem to personally like him more, and he appears more likeable to the fans imo. He can be a badass heel if made out correctly, and I see him as the leader figure of Priceless.

Montel Vontavious Porter: He can do it. I know he can, just one run as world champion. Its in him, but there's something about him I just don't like. I cant quite put my finger on it, but IDK. He's also actually pretty old, I'd say late twentys maybe. So he might be just as old as Christian.

Kofi Kingston: Next Shelton Benjamin. 'nuff said.

Evan Bourne: Next Gregory Helms possible. Make him heel, and run with it.

CM Punk: He's the star of this list of people. He's going to be the first to be big, but if he gets as big as our present main eventers I don't know. I wouldn't be suprised if he did get the job done, but WWE has to put more faith in him to elevate him that high. Maybe, but I don't see WWE ever pushing guys who aren't muscular, and somewhat bulky.

John Morrison: My personal favorite of the list. He has to do it. He just has too. The Miz should be on this list too but I'm just to lazy. Morrison needs to get big. I know he has more than the capability to do it, and I can see him as the next HBK tbfh.

Reaction score
Christian has been wrestling for over ten years, there is no how, no way he is the future. He's a current time wrestler. So get that mentallity out of you're heads please.
I'm not one of the people that listed Christian as becoming a future main eventer, but I don't see any reason why he can't in the next few years either. He's 35 right now, so you have to think that if he will ever become a world champ, it will happen in the next few years. With these rumours of guys retiring next year (which is the whole point of the thread), I could see him stepping up and filling the shoes of some of those veterans. He's solid in the ring and on the mic, and if he can get the fans behind him enough then he could get at least 1 title run in within the next 5 years.

Randy Orton is also not the real 'future'. The future you guys want is the guys that will be main eventing Wrestlemania in three years or so. Randy Orton's doing that now, he's not the future, he's the present.
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Take a look at the guy in your sig. He main evented Wrestlemania 2000, and what did he do at this years Wrestlemania? O ya that's right, he main evented again. So this idea that Orton who is 28, won't main event in 3 years when he is 31 because he is in the main event right now is ridiculous. Same goes for Cena who is only 31 right now.

CT Styles

Diesel said:
Kofi Kingston: Next Shelton Benjamin. 'nuff said.
That's really not a good thing.

Morrison to me is the one that will make it biggest. Punk doesn't have the size to make him as much of a believable 'contender' as others.
Diesel said:
Montel Vontavious Porter: He can do it. I know he can, just one run as world champion. Its in him, but there's something about him I just don't like. I cant quite put my finger on it, but IDK. He's also actually pretty old, I'd say late twentys maybe. So he might be just as old as Christian.
MVP's 35. For him, time really is ticking.

CT Styles

Being injured definitely has nothing to do with that.
Being injured numerous times and coming back with pointless promos hyping a straight-to-DVD movie before suddenly disappearing does.

phantomgerald

^^Exactly, and what have he done that proves he can actually be a main eventer? be good at smackdown for a few months, then become completely non-existent after that.

I would think the next main eventer they are building around would be CM Punk, no doubt. Winning MITB was definately a sign. THe first run was very hashed. I would expect the second run to be carefully planned. I still think he needs a feud with a big time main eventer like a HHH, Taker, HBK and go over to really cement his main event status

JimmyD

Reaction score
Being injured numerous times and coming back with pointless promos hyping a straight-to-DVD movie before suddenly disappearing does.

How exactly is WWE wanting to hype a movie that they produced his fault? Admittedly he's injury prone, hence the stipulation that he can only main event if he stays injury free, but the dude can perform on a mic and is a decent in-ring worker, certainly he's better than Cena was when he was given his first main event push.

seX-Power

^ Better than Cena? That's really a stretch there, and I don't think so.

His mic skills seem recycled and his ring skills are bland, so bland that he has to throw in a flashy spinning kick to woo the audience, which really doesn't fit in his moveset. However, he was alright as a heel on SD and was never really given a chance. Put him on ECW and if he delivers, I might change my opinion on him.

CT Styles

How exactly is WWE wanting to hype a movie that they produced his fault? Admittedly he's injury prone, hence the stipulation that he can only main event if he stays injury free, but the dude can perform on a mic and is a decent in-ring worker, certainly he's better than Cena was when he was given his first main event push.
His microphone skills are shit. So what? He can say his name over and over again, wow, he's better than Cena when he got his first Main Event push. My god. His ringwork is boring as fuck. He's wasted now whatever he (apparently) has, to me, it can't be shown now.