Time For The Miz To Turn Heel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because lets face it, right now the guy is in a rut and looks to be going nowhere any time soon while he's a face. While he was a heel I think most of us thought (even if we weren't fans of him which I wasn't and still aren't for that matter) that he had things about him that would translate well into a face such as his catchphrases and the amount of media work he does, but as of now that hasn't been the case at all.

The promo that Stephanie cut on him a few weeks ago where she verbally slaughtered him should be his launching point for the heel turn. I'd have them continue to book him in the fashion he has been recently all the way up to Survivor Series where he becomes apart of the face team who I would imagine be Team Bryan vs some sort of Team Best For Business. He'd be the last one standing with Daniel Bryan on the face team but would ultimately go on to cost him the match.

I'd have him use the points Steph brought up for ammunition such as him no longer wanting to be the guy who they could turn to because he was good for business outside of the ring, but instead wants to be the guy who's good for business inside the ring. Bring up how he was the guy who beat John Cena at WrestleMania and filmed a WWE movie but since then he's fallen off to the point where he's imitating a dancer and being part of a PPV panel. Hell, you could quite easily reference back to Miz/Bryan on NXT and talk about how he's sick of seeing Bryan ontop of the moutain, the guy he coached on NXT.

A couple of other things though, I would try and alter up his character too ever so slightly. Ditch the Awesome, Really and Must See TV catchphrases and start with something fresh because those catchphrases essentially turned him in the first place. With that too he'd need either new music entirely, a remix or just remove the Awesome from the start to go with dropping it from his promos.

What do you guys think? Is he savable as a face and just hasn't been given the opportunity or should they just pull the plug and turn him back heel.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would say his face phase failed when he tried to be more like Ric. He wasnt cut out for the suits, professional haircut, and figure 4s. To be a face I believe we all imagined more Y2J-ish behavior to go with his flashy attire and reality personality.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Second part I forgot to add, I don't think he needs to go back heel. He needs to go in a team. Same way Bryan went in a team with Kane when his face tenure was meh. Give him a partner, I keep saying Truth because their heel stuff could easily be face with their personalities they had as Awesome Truth. There is not reason Truth can't play to a crowd, talk Lil Jimmy, and rap while still giving hard but its fair sad but its true promos in serious moments. There's no reason Miz can't wear flashy attire, flashy shirts, have a pyro, awesome balloons, and be more of a smart ass than a wannabe serious guy. They really can benefit from one another like a Team Hell No or Book and Goldy, they just have to commit to it for a 6 month to a year span and lt them go their own separate ways in a respectful manner

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
They should have made Miz some sort of Hollywood gimmick, how he's famous and shit and he rips it onto people.

Either way, Riley should have always gotten ahead of Miz.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I would say his face phase failed when he tried to be more like Ric. He wants cut for the suits, professional haircut, and figure 4. To be a face I believe we all imagined more Y2J-ISO behavior to go with his flashy attire and reality personality.
Pretty much that was the blueprint he should have followed. However of course he isn't as naturally charismatic and funny as Jericho is/was but still think the smart ass face role was something he seemed primed for but it just has fallen so flat and he comes off very generic. The whole Ric Flair thing was just bad and a waste since all that came out of it was Miz doing his terrible figure four. If it was up to me to try and save him as a face I would resign John Morrison and put them back together but as faces this time just using their same formula they did as heels. Felt they played off each other very well. He just needs something to bring life to him character wise.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm just so meh on the guy now, I don't even think I'd enjoy another heel run. A tag team could be fun, but I'm disappointed that this face run failed so bad because I actually thought he'd be pretty good at it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The time to turn him was after Orton put that chair around his neck, he should've been off TV for a few months and come back when Bryan was done with Orton and attacked Bryan, cut the promo where no one even tried to help him out when he was getting asaulted infront of his friends and family and how they all came out to help Bryan the same night. How he doesn't get respect for the things he's done, the things he's been through to get to where he is and how he mainevented and won at Mania against the almighty John Cena and never got the respect he deserves.

But that time has gone, they brought him back too fast and now, the only thing I think they should do with him is face Bray Wyatt in a gory, gimmick match. I'm talking shit that makes kids cry, barbwire matches, staple guns...the whole nine. This is how Trips transitioned from a pansy blueblood to a tough guy. I think he gets himself over with everybody with shit like that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Either way, Riley should have always gotten ahead of Miz.

Wait, I just saw this part. WHAT!? :lmao Riley is a million times worse than Miz ever was in the ring, he's not half bad at announcing though.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The Miz still has the window open to turn heel again if they want to. I know the "face thinks he's under appreciated, turns heel" formula is a tired one, but fans have legit NOT been getting behind The Miz as a face. Half the time the crowd don't care when he's wrestling, some boo when he's doing the right thing just because he's The Miz and he got some jeers from people in his hometown crowd while being brutalized. It's especially evident whenever he got involved rebelling against HHH's regime or standing up to Big Show, trying to do the right thing while pockets of fans shout "You suck!" at him.

I know it's harsh to say and I don't even dislike the guy, but no one like The Miz as a face. Not many fans even like The Miz at all. He's perfect for heat.

Last edited:

CGS

Reaction score
Honestly I felt Miz as a face could have worked fine, the problem is they made him the wrong sort of face. Like mentioned above they tried to make him into a Ric Flair over the top excited type of face and he's just not that sort of person since instead of coming across as charismatic and fun he just looks like a douche. I do remember watching a promo from him when he was much more toned down while still maintaining a face persona and he suited that a hell of a lot more since it came across as much more natural. Thats the kind of face he needs to be. Just toned down straight to the point.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I personally thought he could do a face a lot better than he did. But that idea of him coming back and tearing shit up like "this is what the company and/or people want to see" would be a great way to reinvent him. When he is booed by the crowd/punished by the regime for destroying guys like Kofi (if heel) or Orton (if face), he'd be all like, "Hey. I thought you liked this! This is what you asked for!"

Reaction score
No he's a horrible face. He was a perfect heel
I think he could be one of the top heels as he's easy to dislike But he would never be a major face.
He was over as a heel

Reaction score
I think Miz has been working as a heel a bit on tour in Europe. His match against Kofi in Dublin started with both guys as fan favourites but a cheap shot from Miz during the match ended up with him being booed off as he exited after the match. Of course, it could have just been for entertainment on the night at a house show.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He's a natural heel. I think stifling him with the Ric Flair connection and the fact so many wrestling fans think wrestling is too good for a reality TV guy holds him back as a face. Though he has a natural swagger to him which suits heels better.