Tim Kennedy: 'Give Me Robbie Lawler. Let Me Fight That Guy'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
dsc_0134_large_large.jpg
Strikeforce middleweight and former Special Forces sniper/Green Beret Tim Kennedy has a lot to be thankful for this week. As a man that has served in Afghanistan and personally looked for Osama Bin Laden, he is clearly happy that justice has been served. He has spoken about this on two different radio shows in the last two days, offering an obviously unique perspective - Steve Cofield's ESPN radio show, and Sirius XM Fight Club. He also has some stuff to say in regards to his next fight:

(On the Cofield show, at 11:07 mark ):

TK: "It's not 100% yet, but it looks like it's going to be at the end of July on the Dan Henderson/Fedor card, and I'm already gettin' in my training camp, gettin' ready to go, so for me, I'm fighting at the end of July. I just have to get somebody to say yes to fight me.

SC: "Any clue who the candidates are?"

TK: "I'm hoping for Robbie Lawler, that's who I asked for at the end of my last fight with Manhoef. He's the number two guy in Strikeforce behind Jacare, and if I'm not fighting for the title, give me Robbie Lawler. Let me fight that guy."

And from RJClifford's twitter (host of Fight Club):

Tim Kennedy likely for July 30th Strikeforce: "I haven't signed a bout agreement yet but I'm starting camp for a fight at the end of July."

Tim Kennedy said the fight is as official as it can be without a bout agreement yet signed. Did not mention opponent.

Kennedy/Lawler would be an excellent edition to one of the biggest Strikeforce cards of the year. Hopefully we will get to see it happen.