Thoughts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The date of November 22nd, 1990 pretty much resolves this then. It's the Undertaker.

Was kind of hoping for something new rather than just another Undertaker return that we've seen a bazillion times before, but whatever.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
He will most likely return to save Kane or avenge Kane or something.
Or they tag again to beat the whole family in a Handicap match. Would mark to see that, and the Kane drops Taker out and turns heel but then he refuses to join the family turning into a tweener.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Taker began his career at Survivor Series, so with him being as close as ever to retirement, he probably wants to perform at the PPV one last time just for the sake of it. Teaming with Kane to take on the Wyatt Family in a Handicap match sounds good to me.

Reactions: deathclaw4721

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
Taker began his career at Survivor Series, so with him being as close as ever to retirement, he probably wants to perform at the PPV one last time just for the sake of it. Teaming with Kane to take on the Wyatt Family in a Handicap match sounds good to me.

I think taker should retire at survivor series and not WM. It makes sense.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think taker should retire at survivor series and not WM. It makes sense.

No.... just no.

The only reason Taker isn't retired already is because of the Wrestlemania streak. So it's fitting that that be what his final match is centered around. No match at a Survivor Series (which is a pretty dead PPV compared to what it used to be... I wouldn't even consider it one of the 'big four' anymore) could possibly match one that happened at Mania. If it wasn't for the prestige and stature of the streak, then he would have hung up the boots a long time ago. Pretty sure he admitted this in an interview somewhere.

The streak is so massive at this point that his retirement needs to be defending it one last time against a guy who should be his biggest threat ever (i.e John Cena.) From the viewpoint of the legacy of the streak and from a business viewpoint and just an all around creative standpoint, it's best to hype and promote his final match as being the last time the streak will be on the line. If people know when and what his retirement match will be ahead of time, then they'll be flocking to order that Mania more than any other because that's when there'll be the greatest chance of the streak ending (especially to wrestling purists and older fans who know that it's typically wrestling tradition to "go out on your back", which means lose your last match.)

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully Undertaker is retired. Beating Punk earlier this year at WrestleMania should be his last match.. He has no reason whatsoever to come back.

Reactions: War Lord

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hopefully Undertaker is retired. Beating Punk earlier this year at WrestleMania should be his last match.. He has no reason whatsoever to come back.

But then I won't get to see AJ end the streak. :(

deathclaw4721

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well, there's always winning the Royal Rumble. I prefer AJ to do that.. She can headline WrestleMania against Orton ;)

Yeah! I hope it happens! That would be the greatest main event ever! AJ would kill him! :)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Don't see the point in hyping his return on twitter, but whatever. A feud with the Wyatts would be alright, although much better hadn't they been doing nothing for two months.