Thoughts on the United States Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I always like the idea of having as few belts as possible. I think 3 + the divas would be ideal and it would make the IC title even more prestigious than it already is. I'd get rid of the WHC.

1. WWE Championship
2. IC.
3. Tag Team
4. Divas (Change it back to the Woman's Championship)

If you wanted another title, I'd go with a cruiser-weight or x division type deal to give more notoriety to those guys.
Agreed, combine the WHC and WWE Championship into the Undisputed champ again and just drop the US champ. Stupid brand split is still lingering. Good idea on #4 too. I always wondered why it was called the "Divas" championship now. Is that supposed to be more appealing? It sounds like whoever is the most dramatic should have that belt, not the best female wrestler.

Toto

The Showoff
Reaction score
The U.S. Title was best around one man's waist. Montel Vontavious Porter... M..V...P. He had great matches, either with or without the belt on the line. He was one of the best heels on Smackdown (besides Edge). He made fans hate him, yet, he was so good at it. And, he really expressed the importance of the title, along with the importance of himself, of course.

Oh man, i miss MVP a lot...

Reactions: Wacokid27

BruceHart

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
Well this is dumb. Who cares about GSC's? Anways the U.S. Title, in history, is equal to IC Title so this makes no sense.

PoPo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I like the idea for a mid card title but you got to make it more relevant than it already is. I can't remember the last time Dean Ambrose was in a feud for the title. You got to give the mid card guys a chance to shine on the show instead of relying on guys like Bryan and Orton to carry the show. If they keep relying on the same old guys the show is going to get boring. So I think they really should spice it up a bit and start pushing those guys stuck in the upper mid card like Barrett, Cesaro, etc.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Like with the other midcard titles, I think the United States Title lacks proper storyline development and direction. Creative throws together feuds without building up storylines. You think they could manage that with the fact that Raw runs for three hours now, but somehow there are still random thrown-together matches for the United States Championship and other midcard titles. The most recent example was when Ziggler found out he was getting a title opportunity against Ambrose like a week before the PPV, or when R-Truth was facing Axel with no build prior for the IC. I know they're secondary titles to the WWE Championship, but at least create the illusion that the midcard is also important to the show.

Reactions: Wacokid27