Thoughts on The Murder-Hawk Lance Archer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yes I feel like both scenarios BWM laid out are looking way too far into it.

If Archer wins, he wins, and that'll be great. He's the perfect guy to be holding your midcard title. When he loses it, that's a great rub for the person who beats him. Whether he maintains his momentum after taking his first loss is just a matter of how things are booked. AEW have pulled off some brilliant stuff, salvaging Britt Baker and The Dark Order, and making the Page/Omega storyline work when most thought it was destined to fail were minor miracles on their part. I give them a lot of credit and have faith in their booking.

Cody wins, that's fine too. Means the TNT Championship gets that much more prestige and will be legitimately sought after like the Intercontinental Title once was. He may overshadow the World Championship a bit at times, but again, that's up to AEW's booking to dictate. Most would agree that The Inner Circle and The Elite are already the bigger focus over Moxley lately, but at the same time, Moxley is doing great with the belt and it feels like a big deal when he's around. Both titles can flourish and I don't think it's the end of the world if your World Champion isn't the singular focus of your entire product.

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
I've really enjoyed watching what Archer has been a part of this far. I see this as a way for Cody to put over Archer and nothing more. I don't anticipate Cody taking home the TNT title. Just doesn't seem like the kind of thing Cody would want. Watch me eat my words.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I haven’t seen him in AEW but I did watch him in Japan. He’s fine; I don’t see anything special in him. I do agree that Jake will take the spotlight away from him eventually(if he hasn’t already) but that’s something they’ll have to deal with.

Oh and Murder-Hawk is a terrible nickname