Thoughts on Robbie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
This isn't in the spoilers section because this is really just a compilation of what we already know.

ProWrestlingFans.com said:
Major Update On The WWE Status Of Robbie McAllister Inside

Robbie McAllister was with his son when he was seen sitting in the audience at the March 27 TNA Impact show. He was at the show because he's good friends with Johnny Devine. McAllister waited in line with fans to get in. Some people in TNA knew that he was coming ahead of time and promised Devine that they would do nothing to get McAllister in trouble.

Of course, McAllister was shown on television during the show and Devine was furious about being double-crossed by his own company. A number of younger wrestlers were upset with TNA, however, the older wrestlers who went through the WWF vs. WCW war saw it as just a part of wrestling.

Additionally, TNA didn't show Robbie McAllister earlier in the show because they were scrambling to find out McAllister's real name. They were asking around and it took a bit of time before they could get an answer.

After being shown on camera, McAllister immediately got a text message from the office telling him to leave the building. McAllister was then sent home from WrestleMania weekend.

The feeling is that he isn't going to be fired due to the incident, but that he's going to be in the doghouse instead.

McAllister returned to action at Monday's Raw/Heat taping in Albany, NY, losing to former TNA wrestler Ron Killings in a dark match.
What are your thoughts on this whole situation?

Everyone points the finger at TNA's "low blow", but I think this whole scenario just shows how terrible a company WWE is to work for. What does TNA gain in showing Robbie on screen? "Reports indicate that Robbie McAllister has a friend who happened to be wrestling somewhere, so he decided to go watch." It's not exactly a crippling blow to WWE. But what do WWE's actions tell the world, and their wrestlers? "Your friendships don't matter - if you're caught talking to a TNA guy or even being in the same general vicinity as one, even though you didn't actually spend money on their promotion since iMPACT! Zone admission is free, not only do we bury you even lower than appearing only on Heat, but you're lucky if we don't outright drop your ass."

Call it a "low blow" if you want, but what this is really doing is showing prospective wrestlers how both companies work. In TNA you're allowed to work without a contract and if you suddenly shoot about how much TNA sucks you're rewarded with creative control. In WWE if you watch a friend wrestle you get sent home from Wrestlemania and you're lucky if you don't get fired. If I was about to lick stamps to mail my resume to one of the two, given this information I sure as hell wouldn't address it to WWE. WWE may be on top now, but unless they change how they treat their superstars nobody is going to replace today's main eventers when they retire.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
WWE will continue to lose their guys. They lost three huge guys, Booker T, Christian and Kurt Angle. One being perhaps the best pure athlete in Wrestling. I think Benoit for sure would have made the jump as well before his unfortunate downfall last year. And with WWE treating their talent (except men like Cena, HHH, Batista, HBK, Flair) like crap, people will realize "Hey, over there we might actually get respect" and go. I don't see the big deal with Robbie going to a TNA Event. His son likes the show obviously, his friend works their, whats so bad? WWE needs to lighten up, and stop acting like pricks.

On a side note, I'd like to address the idiots out there talking crap about TNA hiring former WWE/WCW Wrestlers. Thats all they talk about. But hey, idiots, if men like Booker T, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Rhino, Sting, even Team 3D were on the market, and wanted to join the company, and your the new kid on the block trying to make a statement, you tell me you wont sign these great athletes and veterans/future hall of famers? If you tell me that you are very, very dumb. Anybody would jump to get most of them wrestlers.

Wrestling Station

Well, money money.. yeah yeah! thats why people will shut their damn holes and accept what WWE says to them. Coz WWE>>>TNA in all aspects. And you all know it, no need to explain this again. It has been discussed million times before.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
NOT in all aspects my friend. When it comes to money, and the quantity, sure, WWE has it. But they also had what, a 50 year head start?

TNA has been around for 6 years? It's rising quicker than any other company, and doing better than WWE, or WCW, or ECW did in their first 5 or 6 years. So again, yeah, WWE has the quantity aspect over TNA, but when it comes to quality matches, TNA usually beats them most of the time. Hell, look at the Knockouts over the Divas, just to name one. TNA's top five men are better than WWE's top five men.

noumenon

It's not like Robbie is risking his amazing spot on RAW for all this shit. Lets face it, these guys have been jobbing out ever since they debuted on RAW. They hyped the shit out of them and then did nothing with them. I'de love to see the highlanders head over to TNA where there is an actual tag division.

chessarmy

The guy is an idiot, he should have known that he was gonna get in trouble if he went to that TNA show. He should have also known that TNA was going to show him on TV to show that even WWE wrestlers want to go watch TNA. It was his fault that this happened, and he should have thought more about it before he went.

CenaMark54

NOT in all aspects my friend. When it comes to money, and the quantity, sure, WWE has it. But they also had what, a 50 year head start?

TNA has been around for 6 years? It's rising quicker than any other company, and doing better than WWE, or WCW, or ECW did in their first 5 or 6 years. So again, yeah, WWE has the quantity aspect over TNA, but when it comes to quality matches, TNA usually beats them most of the time. Hell, look at the Knockouts over the Divas, just to name one. TNA's top five men are better than WWE's top five men.

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. You mean to tell me that the top guys in the TNA are better than the top WWE guys.

WWE: HHH, HBK, Cena, Taker, Edge
TNA: Angle, Joe, Christian, Booker, Sting

In case you forgot, two of those guys were WWE midcarders and one the WWE had no problem firing. Another played second fiddle to Edge for most of his career.

If you look as those top five WWE wrestlers you see total packages. All five of them have more charisma and better mic skills than anyone in TNA. They know how to work matches the right way. They can all draw more than 800 of the same TNA marks every week.

HBKforever

Reaction score
They lost three huge guys, Booker T, Christian and Kurt Angle.

Christian was a lifelong midcarder in the WWE he was simply not main event talent and isn't now......Booker T was with the company for a while before he won th WHC and after that he really took a step back. He main evented WM 19 and no one really cared. Plus he's 43 years old so he really doesn't have very long left. I'll give you that losing Angle was big, but he had his share of injury problems in the WWE and was on freaking ECW when he left.....So not exactly the splash of losing Hogan, Nash, and Hall to WCW back in the day....three wrestlers in their prime and actual losses for the company.

I will concede that the women's division is much better in TNA. There are only about 3 legitimate women wrestlers in WWE right now in Beth, Mickie, and Victoria...but other than that WWE is better. Better talent, better storylines, better venues, better ppvs, better matches, more fans, better everything and it shows in the ratings. Let me run down the WWE rejects in TNA right now: Booker T, Christian, Dudleys, Black Reign, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Tomko, James Gang, Rhyno, Jacqueline, Gail Kim, Christy Hemme, and Earl Hebner and that's not even counting people like Kaz or Velvet Sky who were in WWE but didn't do anything. Also doesn't count the WWE rejects who have been in and out of TNA the past few years. Also Sting has never been in the WWE so it's not really fair to say that they are missing him with him being in TNA.

In the end I feel that TNA will be like ECW....It'll be around a good amount of time, have a nice cult following, develop some good wrestlers, pick up some more WWE rejects, but in the end it just won't get the mainstream appeal to compete with the WWE.

As for Robbie, no one should really care that he goes to a TNA show....it's not like he's some main eventer there. But the WWE has to do what it has to do. Maybe he'll quit and go to TNA so the TNA fans can claim they stole another big one from the WWE

HHHforever

Reaction score
This is my thoughts on Robbie. If your employer, who pays your pay check, tells you not to go somewhere or do something, then you don't do it! And yes I think it was a very underhanded move by TNA to put him on if TV they said ahead of time they wouldn't. Guys that say it's like WCW vs. WWE back in the day are full of shit. When that was going on there was actually a ratings war going on, that is not the case at this point in time regarding the WWE and TNA.

As far as not signing with TNA just because they "treat" there employees better, I think that fact that you can make triple the money in the WWE, wrestle in front of bigger crowds and overall be a much better known wrestler would make me sign with them. There's a million different reasons I could think of that would make me sign with the WWE than TNA.

As HBKforever said the guys that the WWE lost were all expendable. The biggest loss was Angle and in the end that really wasn't that big of a deal, the WWE has done fine without him.

And saying that TNA has better ME's than the WWE is completely ridiculous. That is just pure bull shit. As CenaMark said TNA's main eventers don't even compare with the WWE's. TNA's best wrestlers, with the exception of Angle, are all former WWE mid carders with Booker being an off and on main eventer and Sting being well past his prime. Outside of the knockouts there is no aspect of TNA that is better than the WWE. More money, better wrestling, better storyline, bigger venues, better ratings, the list goes on and on. TNA is a decent little brand, but to say they are better in all or most aspects than the WWE is ridiculous.

Also saying that TNA has had more success in 6 years than the WWE did back in the day there are a lot of factors that play into that. The internet is something that plays a huge factor into that, that was something that the WWE did not have back then. There are a lot of factors that play in with that and it's not even close to fair to try and compare the early successes of both companies due to the totally different time era's they started in.

PeepShow

[/B]

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. You mean to tell me that the top guys in the TNA are better than the top WWE guys.

WWE: HHH, HBK, Cena, Taker, Edge
TNA: Angle, Joe, Christian, Booker, Sting

In case you forgot, two of those guys were WWE midcarders and one the WWE had no problem firing. Another played second fiddle to Edge for most of his career.

If you look as those top five WWE wrestlers you see total packages. All five of them have more charisma and better mic skills than anyone in TNA. They know how to work matches the right way. They can all draw more than 800 of the same TNA marks every week.

Yeah, everything is true there pretty much. The only thing I see wrong w/ that is the fact that you say Taker has better mic skills than Christian. That in a sense is laughable. But yeah, other than that, everything is pretty much true.

CenaMark54

Yeah, everything is true there pretty much. The only thing I see wrong w/ that is the fact that you say Taker has better mic skills than Christian. That in a sense is laughable. But yeah, other than that, everything is pretty much true.

Yeah, Taker sucks on the mic. But he more than makes up for it in charisma.

The WWE should have pushed Christian harder. He was over and he would have made a great heel champion in the WWE.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
ProWrestlingFans.com said:
As reported, many TNA wrestlers were upset that the company showed Robbie McAllister of the Highlanders on the live edition of Impact. When management was questioned what would happen if he got fired, management answered that they would hire him, because they would have a great story to tell.
Ah TNA, preventing WWE from firing people for no reason since 2002.

Mike1989

Reaction score
If I'm being honest TNA showing the guy was just for a cheap pop which even going down that road I cannot understand at all. I could understand if John Cena or Batista was in the crowd, but Robbie?

Well I suppose it was as good as they could get, but i really wish TNA would focus on TNA.