Thoughts on Lawler and Cole?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dre

Reaction score
With the Lawler and Cole team now together for a few weeks, what do you think on their work together? Is it as bad as people anticipated? Worse? Not bad? Etc.

Me, I don't really notice. They use to be commentating partner's back in 1998-2000.

Axis

I've disliked Ross/Lawler for some time now. I think that JR got too comfortable and just began to call things as they seemed. With Foley, he actually talks about psychology and what each man may be thinking.

So, yeah, fortunately JR is off of Raw. I've always liked Cole, and I think that people are down on him only because it's the "cool" thing to do. He and Lawler work well together, but I do wish that King would go back to his illogical heel days. It was ftw when Triple would Pedigree King one week and then the next King would be cheering him on.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
It's not as bad as I thought it would be, we need to get used to it...Well COle, is good for those Raw matches, but he needs to work on the top matches, PPV or WM main events

Ballin

Reaction score
Oh, It's alot better than I figured it would turn out to be. First off I love Foley/JR. Again, like somebody said I dont always noticed and it kind of grown on me. I prefer things the way they are now.

MikeRaw

Its good. I think that JR/Foley is good too!
So it works out for everyone then, but ya, they actually work well together. Im sure King doesnt like Cole as much as JR, but they still call the show good.

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Cole is a consumate professional & it was time to refresh Raws announce team .

I think the anouncers & ref's should be draftable as well.

Though I have to say no ones ever anounced Rey Mysterio as great as Lilian Garcia.

chessarmy

Michael Cole and King are doing fine, Cole isn't quite as good as JR but he definitely isn't bad. JR and Mick Foley are doing great over on Smackdown! as well

Qwake

I thought King/Cole would be terrible but I was wrong. They are bad compared to JR/king but who's better then them? I hate Micheal Cole but meh, he isnt to bad at his job. JR/Foley are awesome though, keep those guys where they are :y:

Reaction score
I thought that the WWE made a huge mistake by doing this but they turned out ok so far..

What I really like is J.R on SD. He is doing a good job with Foley.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Well I must say I was pissed when they took JR off Raw. Cole is good but he is no JR. I do like Foley and JR together there funny and they make Smackdown better. I agree that King needs to go back to the old days were he was just a prick and he was great at it.

Reaction score
JR was the best commentator. WAS. he stumbles through commentary and now smackdown is considered the bes brand its a well done to jr and a nono to jerry. michael cole and jerry lawler work well as a team. i prefer them to jr and king.