Thoughts & Comments On Cruiserweight Division SS Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What show should be home to The Cruiserweight Division

• Raw

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Smackdown Live

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
You think the a Hardcore title could be done justice in this era? I mean I would love to see it return but it would be so watered down at this point it would just be sad
TV title or European Title? Which would you rather see?

CEOHaize

Jobber
Reaction score
If I had to pick between those 2 I'd pick the TV title. I like the idea of a title being defended almost every episode. But I would love to see an updated design of the Euro title. I used to love that title. Especially when Angle had it.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The cruiserweights should be on Smackdown but Kalisto is not the one I see bringing the division to the brand. I'm saying that it stays on Raw.
Okay...so...why? I'll admit I've never seen Kalisto wrestle...but why can't he bring the division over?
Exactly, I don't see Kalisto beating The Brian Kendrick at all.... unless some mysterious type of inference happens.
Well...Sin Cara is now on SmackDown right? And he use to be tag team partners with Kalisto...
So in story line you could have Sin Cara interfere on behalf of Kalisto to move the division he
intends to compete in to SmackDown. He could also ally himself with Kalisto forcing THE Brian
Kendrick to form an uneasy alliance with T.J Perkins all around the deal that T.J gets a title shot
once Brian wins back the title.

Have all four men go after the title at once...you could have singles, tag team, triple threat and
Fatal 4 way matches all coming from this one feud.

Also...I'm all for the "masked" cruiserweights forming some type of group/alliance/cult/stable which could act as a small army attacking members of the main roster. Perhaps when they attack someone...they could all wear the same mask? Something weird and out of left field...something to make the cruiserweights seem dangerous and important.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Okay...so...why? I'll admit I've never seen Kalisto wrestle...but why can't he bring the division over?

Well...Sin Cara is now on SmackDown right? And he use to be tag team partners with Kalisto...
So in story line you could have Sin Cara interfere on behalf of Kalisto to move the division he
intends to compete in to SmackDown. He could also ally himself with Kalisto forcing THE Brian
Kendrick to form an uneasy alliance with T.J Perkins all around the deal that T.J gets a title shot
once Brian wins back the title.

Have all four men go after the title at once...you could have singles, tag team, triple threat and
Fatal 4 way matches all coming from this one feud.

Also...I'm all for the "masked" cruiserweights forming some type of group/alliance/cult/stable which could act as a small army attacking members of the main roster. Perhaps when they attack someone...they could all wear the same mask? Something weird and out of left field...something to make the cruiserweights seem dangerous and important.
Which belt would you prefer @Grievous A new European title or Tv title?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yea I thought about the european title when @Prince Bálor mentioned the Tv title earlier but either would suffice. Would they bring back the European title or since it's a new era should it just be a brand new Television title?

I'd much rather see the introduction of the TV title than the revival of the European title.

Reactions: The Phenom

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...my vote would be for the European title...simply because of the history
of the belt.

I'd like to see a new design...something like the Cruiserweight belt...but green...
I don't know why green...just thinking about the colors of the other WWE belts.

But the TV Title was also very cool...plus I like the idea of it being defended
every week.

Reactions: The Phenom

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. They're not gonna take the belt off Kendrick so soon

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. They're not gonna take the belt off Kendrick so soon

That's what we initially thought about TJP (who at the time was a champ for like 2 months) and then he lost the title to Kendrick at HIAC.

Don't be surprised if it happens at SS and Kalisto ends up defeating Kendrick. Personally, I'd love it.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
That's what we initially thought about TJP (who at the time was a champ for like 2 months) and then he lost the title to Kendrick at HIAC.

Don't be surprised if it happens at SS and Kalisto ends up defeating Kendrick. Personally, I'd love it.

I predicted TJP would lose cuz that guy was just awful lol.

CEOHaize

Jobber
Reaction score
I predicted TJP would lose cuz that guy was just awful lol.
TJP is far from awful. What's happened to him on Raw is a clear example of WWE watering down someone's style (to protect them). That's why it's always going to be hard to get a cruiserweight division to have that same flare the CWC had.

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't think Kendrick will lose. It's way too soon. He's barely had a run with it. It wouldn't make sense imo. My thinking is, if the Cruiserweight Title was going to Smackdown, then why would they give Kendrick the Title, and have him drop it before he's had a chance to do anything with it? why wouldn't they allow T.J Perkins to do that when he was champion, without the need for the Title to change hands?

I think the Cruiserweight Title should be on Smackdown. But im a huge fan of Brian Kendrick. So either way, whatever happens at Survivor Series, it's a win - win.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
TJP is far from awful. What's happened to him on Raw is a clear example of WWE watering down someone's style (to protect them). That's why it's always going to be hard to get a cruiserweight division to have that same flare the CWC had.

He's good in the ring but his character and personality sucks. His character is basically a 13 year old boy

Reactions: CEOHaize