This site makes me so mad sometimes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
First of all, it's so dumb that you can't post in the actual threads of the newsfeeds. Why have them at all, just to read them. You're missing out on countless conversation starters. If you think it's in the wrong section, then when conversation picks up in a thread move it to the WWE section. It's just Blue to copy and paste the entire thing into a new thread just to talk about it. So yea, let's see it twice for no reason.

Also, what really grinds my gears is the fact that I'll see an interesting article, click on it and there's no article. That's really freakin' annoying and if it continues, I will not be participating in this site any longer. Once or twice is something but it happens all the time. I've finally had enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is exactly why the news feed is there, for members to read the news. Rather than having to go to another site to read news and then this forum to talk about it they can get all their news here and then post about it in the forums. Look at any forum that has a news feed that allows members to post in the threads, the wrestling sections are dead and those sites were better off before hand. I would much rather remove the RSS feed than let people post in there because if people can post in there it would kill the forum. If people like the news they read they can simply create their own thread giving their own opinions on it. Creating a thread isn't hard.

If you see a broken link in an article report that post so that staff can fix it. That is what the report button is there for and then we can fix it. The RSS feed sometimes has issues and so we need to alter it manually.

Any other issues?

Last edited:

Guano

Reaction score
First of all, it's so dumb that you can't post in the actual threads of the newsfeeds. Why have them at all, just to read them. You're missing out on countless conversation starters. If you think it's in the wrong section, then when conversation picks up in a thread move it to the WWE section. It's just Blue to copy and paste the entire thing into a new thread just to talk about it. So yea, let's see it twice for no reason.

You're complaining about having to copy and past the article, because you don't want to see it twice? I'm not entirely sure if you've noticed this, but there are a lot of forums that have news articles revolving around sports and people do manage to copy & past the original article and post it on "their" site. I know that a certain forum that has a main page with updates and a news feed, which not everybody visits. However, they have a news feed that has so nicely copied and pasted the same article for others to see. I'll make my point a little bit shorter for people to understand, because I know that some people will probably get confused. "There are two posts with the exact same content on the same site, especially when the forum itself provides the news and the news feed creates a thread about it."

Also, what really grinds my gears is the fact that I'll see an interesting article, click on it and there's no article.

I can understand you complaining about you not being able to read the articles, but you've brought it to the attention of staff and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Look at any forum that has a news feed that allows members to post in the threads, the wrestling sections are dead and those sites were better off before hand.

I have to agree with Troy about what he said, because its true. People will loose interest in finding news articles to talk about, especially when the news article has already been brought to the attention of everybody on the forum, which people have already voiced their opinions on the subject. I personally think not being able to respond to the news feed is better and gets the members motivated to post.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Yea, another problem: Is there like a user cp button anywhere?

Also, Guano... lazy... ghost of a dead person, whatever you call yourself now... this thread was directed to the staff of the forum, which I can obviously see you're not a part of. Plus your post just reeks of obnoxiousness as if you have a score to settle or a right to proclaim to the things you say. Since you are not staff, couldn't help me out if you wanted to, and seem to ignore that this is the 'Help' part of the section... what you're essentially doing is providing your own commentary, as if my problems with the site aren't valid enough for your approval. As if your sole intention of entering this thread was to kiss the ass of the administrator. Alas, go on ahead... keep kissing ass, I'm sure one day you'll find the shit you taste on the regular become more appetizing to your liking.

My answer to the administrator is the main focus of this post, which is what I'll get to now.

Imagine how much neater a newspaper would be if you could share your thoughts on the very article right then and there as you read it. Forget about the time it takes to transfer over the news to a different section, think about the news itself. Say there's an off color comment about how Dolph Ziggler doesn't like his new haircut. Are we really going to take the three sentences of the small report, and bring it over to a new thread, just to ask openly why Ziggler would even get a haircut if he enjoyed his old style better? I don't see many people doing that, and in turn... posts that would of been, that could have been... are not.

An even stronger question to you Troy is this: Do you find that you have little trust in your members of this site? Do you think that the forum, in it's very essence, would crumble to pieces with the addition of a new section to post under? I cannot help but feel that you are choosing neatness of a forum, which is shown through the very elaborate designs and additions of graphic... over the chance of creating new discussion.

Or do you feel that there is no use of the appropriate sections the news falls under, without news reporting? I seem to recall threads about people's favorite gimmicks, or matches or opinionated discussion. The only use of unlocking the news feed section would be to provide an easier way to comment on the little things.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No need to have an attitude. Just because you may feel that this forum threatens the one you admin at which is declining whilst this one is growing doesn't mean you can't treat everyone here with respect. I have always treated everyone with respect so there is no reason why you can't show respect to all the members here and to the forum itself.

To view your User CP go to Forum Actions which is located at the bar near the top of the forum and then click Edit Profile.

If the news feed isn't here then people will be reading the news twice anyway, somewhere else and then here in a thread so there is no issue with it being locked. If people don't find it interesting enough to create a thread about it then there is no need for it to be posted. Not all news needs to be commented on that just creates spam.

Again look at the quality of forums that allow posting in the news section. The quality of posting is very poor and the activity is poor all over. A news feed was introduced so that members could read the news. I don't know why that is so difficult to understand. I didn't do it for neatness I did it because I thought the members would like a news feed so that they could get everything they want here. There is just no need for posting there and it has nothing to do with trust. This is how I want to run my forum and this is how I think it works best. I have looked at many, many forums, dozens of them and I have been staff on forums for years and I think that this format works well and I have yet to see an example where posting in the news feeds creates quality discussions. It decreases activity and just leads to spam. I trust the members here a lot since I trust that they know how to start their own threads if they find something interesting rather than waiting for someone else to post the thread.

Simply this is the way I want to run my forum.

Or do you feel that there is no use of the appropriate sections the news falls under, without news reporting? I seem to recall threads about people's favorite gimmicks, or matches or opinionated discussion.

You are going to have to reword this for me since I don't understand what you are asking, especially the second sentence.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Jay can I just say, KFC set out with the goal to be something new, something different ....I get where your coming from, and may want it to be like other forums with the commenting on News threads, but KFC doesn't want a carbon copy of the Forums, it would be pointless and un appealing, sure you can respect the fact KFC is trying to make things different.....besides it's not hard to copy and paste threads....

Last edited:

Guano

Reaction score
Also, Guano... lazy... ghost of a dead person, whatever you call yourself now... this thread was directed to the staff of the forum, which I can obviously see you're not a part of. Plus your post just reeks of obnoxiousness as if you have a score to settle or a right to proclaim to the things you say. Since you are not staff, couldn't help me out if you wanted to, and seem to ignore that this is the 'Help' part of the section... what you're essentially doing is providing your own commentary, as if my problems with the site aren't valid enough for your approval. As if your sole intention of entering this thread was to kiss the ass of the administrator. Alas, go on ahead... keep kissing ass, I'm sure one day you'll find the shit you taste on the regular become more appetizing to your liking.

That was quite a hurtful attack by you Jay, but I'm not hurt by your response, because if anything you're response directed at me made me laugh and you're right I'm not staff, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to voice my opinion here on this forum. I'm not trying to kiss the ass of anybody, because I honestly don't care enough to take this forum seriously, as you seem too. Perhaps I seen what the news feeds purpose was and felt like providing a possible answer to it's existence and why doesn't allow you to respond to the thread. I never stated that your technical difficulties wasn't important, because I only shot down one of your complains and I never recall shooting down the fact that you weren't able to read the news feeds, so next time I suggest you read my entire post before you respond.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I did not make this thread with the intention of being disrespectful or even thinking about PWM. I had just opened a thread I could not read, and immeadiately came here.

It's fairly obvious that Lazy came to this thread with his usual smug attitude, and whilst i'm all for playing the game of professionalism, this was not something I wanted to read after being cometely frustrated with the problems I stated in the first post.

Furthermore, Troy, it surprises and disappoints me that you feel I had an intention coming into this thread, other than the ones posted in the first post. I would expect that from so many others, but not you. I don't have a leash to pwm and i wouldn't expect anyone to think that as I started this thread.

Also, posted this from my iPhone, all of this... so if things soumd wrong' my apologies.

But seriously though, whats the point of the section if everything I say is going to be brushed off without a hint of thought to it. I don't think the subject in question is even that big of a deal. It could be beneficial, depends on the way you look at it. Maybe even a trial run, say 24 hours. But, it seems that you recognize and respond to the name of the poster rather than the subject of the post.

Last edited:

Guano

Reaction score
I think you need to look at the definition of Smug there Jay.
Smug - Having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements

I'm sorry you're feelings have been hurt. I simply provided a reasonable explanation for why the news feeds exist, but you responded by attacking me on a personal level and decided to not retaliate in the same manor. Never did I see somebody claim that the technical difficulties you've been experiencing have been unimportant, because they are important. You brought the problem to staffs attention and they will work on trying to solve the problem. I apologize, especially if your feelings have been hurt, because that was not my intention to hurt somebody's feelings. I hope that we can put this behind us and move on.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Guana, your first post in this thread was you literally going through my entire post and deciding for yourself whether or not I had a right to feel the way I do. You went on to quote various statements from my post, when it wasn't your place to decide whether or not I SHOULD have a problem with the topics I've come forth about in my original post. As I've stated before... if you add on to the fact that you couldn't help me with said problems if you tried or wanted to, since you are not on the staff... it makes your place in this thread unnecessary. The way you worded your posts also made you seem like you were playing mod, which not only frustrates and annoys me, but takes away from the impact of the discussion that should be taking place in the thread, without interruption from a member who provides nothing but background commentary. I think you should see where I'm coming from at least, Guam.

The fact is Gwen, I don't get my feelings hurt in an internet forum. But I do appreciate the attention to my emotions, which was probably your motive to wound when you first started typing your response to this thread. Nice try.

I do expect a response from you, but you will be treated as background unnecessary commentary from this point forward. I don't wish to feed your apparent need to voice your opinion on every little thing that does not concern you.

But if Troy has anything to add, I'll be sure to respond. That is, if my name and reputation elsewhere doesn't completely destroy my chances of of being a member in this place, as Troy so blatantly stated before.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Lazy, I'd appreciate it if you left Jays opinions between you and him. He apologized if he came of in a certain way, so please stop milking it.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
My response in all this is that I like that it is not easy to reply too, because people normally just give there thoughts and leave, and not to mention if someone replies to them it is unlikely they will see that post again, because there are so much stories coming out at once it is like they can barely respond too it. I feel making a thread that a member can keep up with on a daily basis is much more effective. I really do not look at the news that much anyways, call me lazy but that is me. So when someone posts a thread about news I will read it and start discussing. Just my opinion on it all.

I do agree if there is a story I wanna read though, that it is blank.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I wasn't aware that the newsfeed had broken links, since I don't read them. I go here for the discussions and newsfeeds that allow comments would lead to spam, we've seen it in other forums. And most of them only lead to about 2 posts and that isn't enough to move them to the wrestling sections. I've brought up the lack of posts in PWM before, and the newsfeed is the cause of it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Jay the way you worded your posts in this thread especially the second one was just disrespectful and you were clearly just trying to troll this forum rather than put forward an opinion. Asking if I don't trust the members etc. is just trying to get me worked up. I responded to the post and you continue with the attitude in your following posts with the smugness and again it isn't actually asking for help it is trying to be a troll.

I go out of my way to help all members here, people know that, but if they are here just to cause issues then I don't take kindly to it. I don't know what changed because before it was fine but suddenly your attitude has changed here.

This thread will be closed because there is no point in leaving it open anymore as every issue has been solved. I have addressed the three issues mentioned and now everyone knows how to find their User CP, how to solve broken links (just report the post) and they know that the news feed will remain as it is, a news feed.

If anyone has any legitimate issues then please feel free to bring them up in a new thread or in a pm to me and learn from this that if you have an attitude then the response is less likely to be favourable.

Status
Not open for further replies.