This is it...(IWF Goodbye Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingaviles

Reaction score
Final Goodbye

Last week...

(The scene opens up in a classy and expensive restaurant where The Agency is seen placing their orders in a VIP section, blocked off to the other customers. The four men are dressed in very expensive suits and Mr.Gold has an anxious look upon his face. Dominick Aviles struggles to read his menu.)

Aviles: Are these even letters? I swear I've never seen anything that looks like this.. How am I supposed to order?

(David Vegas snatches the menu from Dominick and turns it upside-down [which is actually now right side-up] and passes it back to him.)

Aviles: Ohhhh.... Yeah, that didn't help.

Vegas: Idiot...

(Valentino chuckles to himself at the bickering brothers. Gold, unable to sit back quietly for much longer interrupts.)

Gold: Guys, guys, guys... Knock it off, I have a HUGE announcement for the three of you tonight, so can you please stop acting like little kids and grow up? Or do I have to call mommy and have her take away your toys.

Aviles: But he started it...

Vegas: Toys? I don't have any toys.

Aviles: You're a liar, you have more Spider-Man action figures than any kid in the world!

(Gold rubs his eyes in frustration and calls for a bottle of champagne. Valentino, amused, sits back quietly and watches the scene being caused by the brothers.)

Aviles: I still don't know what to order, Ari. We should've just went to White Castle.

Gold: Trust me, Dom, White Castle just isn't the place to deliver the news I have for you.

Valentino: Well, what news do you have, Ari? I'm getting tired of surprises.. Me and Vegas should be in the gym right now getting ready to win the tag team titles. So just spill it.

Aviles: Oooh, tag team titles... big deal. I'm a few weeks away from winning the IWF Championship. Who needs to go the gym, just give me a few beers and a White Castle burger and I'm good to go.

Vegas: You're starting to get a little belly there, Dominick. You sure you wanna continue eating White Castle and drinking beer all day long?

Aviles: Oh please, I'm in the best shape of my life. The lies you speak, David... They need to stop. You jerkface monkey!

(A beautiful waitress brings over the finest bottle of champagne in the restaurant and places it on the table. She smiles at Tony Valentino, and he smiles and winks back. As she walks away, he calls her back to the table, and slips her his phone number on a piece of paper. As she walks away, Dominick Aviles seems amazed.)

Aviles: I hate you, Tony. She was CLEARLY diggin' me, not you.. Not cool, bro. Not cool at all.

Vegas: Shut up! You don't even like girls!

Aviles: Oh that's it, you and me, one on one like the old days. Fancy restaurant brawl!

(Dominick stands up and urges Vegas to stand up as well before Gold breaks it up.)

Gold: Sit down, boys. What I'm about to tell you might seem a little questionable at first. You might not understand WHY I'm suggesting this, but as your agent, and as your friend, I promise you this is the best decision for your careers at this time.

Valentino: Go on, Ari.

(Aviles and Vegas glance at eachother, unsure of what is about to be said. Gold takes a second to gather his words together.)

Gold: Scorcese wants you guys for his new film... That's right, all of you guys. Turns out, he's been a big wrestling fan for quite a while, and immediately fell in love with you guys. He wants you to start filming right away.

Valentino: Scorcese? That's amazing! Do you have the script?

Gold: I got it back at the hotel, Tony. I figured we should enjoy a nice dinner to celebrate, and then get straight to business.

Aviles: Whoa, whoa, whoa... You wanna wine and dine me, and then take me to your hotel to get "straight to business"? I'm offended, Ari. Offended!

Vegas: I'm not sure if acting is my thing.. I was really looking forward to getting back into the ring, you know? Re-establish myself as the IWF's top talent.

Gold: Dave, I give you my word that this is the best path to take in your career at this moment. I promise it to all you guys. You make this film, and you come back to the IWF with more buzz than anyone. You take over the entertainment industry, and then you come back and take over the sports-entertainment industry. Besides, word is, there's been some issues going on regarding the ownership of the IWF. We'll have to wait a little bit to see what's going on, but it doesn't really look good...

Valentino: I still can't believe this is really happening. Scorcese wants the three of us to star in his new movie... I can't wait to tell Nicole.

(Gold grabs his glass of champagne and raises it in the air for a toast.)

Gold: To 2010, OUR year. The year of The Agency!

Aviles: Are you trying to get me drunk, Ari? What's REALLY going on, here?! Just kidding.. I'll drink to that!

Vegas: Amen, brotha.

Valentino: Year of The Agency...I like that.

(The four click glasses with eachother before swallowing their drinks.)

Aviles: I STILL CAN'T READ MY MENU!!!

(Valentino, Gold, and Vegas look around at eachother, shaking their heads in embarrassment as the camera fades to black.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Current Day...

(Dominick Aviles is seen laying in a luxurious hotel watching television as a breaking news story comes on. It is revealed that the IWF is closing down yet again. Dominick has a look of shock upon his face and calls everyone into the room.)

Aviles: And I quote from a certain Britney Spears song, "oops, I did it again". The IWF is shutting down just like they did when I left for the first time... They just can't run this business without me. What a shame. Good choice, Ari. Let's nail this movie!

Gold: What'd I tell ya.. Am I good, or am I GOOD!

Valentino: You're good, Ari. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a certain waitress to get back to...

Vegas: The IWF is such a joke... I can't believe I was talked back into even re-joining this place. I'm so glad we jumped ship before it sunk.

(Valentino, Vegas, and Gold exit, leaving Dominick in the room by himself. He stands up, and begins to leave the room too, as the back of his shirt reads "A P W" in big bold letters. A few seconds later, he returns to the room.)

Aviles: Hey Bobby King... Biggs. I'll be seeing you guys soon!

(He makes the letters 'A' 'P' 'W' with his hands before he exits the room for a final time. The camera cuts to black.)

Reaction score
*The scene opens on a room filled with IWF superstars. They all have drinks, some are eating, various superstars are mingling. We see a podium standing at the front of the room in front of a banner reading "Goodbye IWF." A small man in glasses walks to the podium and speaks very sheepishly into the mic.*

Man: Will Logan Matthews please come to the podium, Logan Matthews to the podium.

*The camera shows Matthews standing and talking with Sam Caldwell and Adam Freeman. Upon hearing his name, Matthews looks around before the words finally register with him. He takes another sip from his champagne glass as he starts to stride over to the podium. He's dressed to the nines for this event in a dark grey suit, matching shirt, and purple tie. Gone are his usual sunglasses but his hair is immaculate. He sets his glass down on the podium as he begins to speak.*

Logan: Hellooooooo IWF. How's everyone doin' tonight? Are you enjoying this party I decided to throw for us?

*A cheer goes up from the crowd, mixed with the sounds of noise makers.*

Logan: Good. I just wanted to get up here and say that IWF has been one of the best places that I have ever worked. All the people here have been great, the booking staff was wonderful. Maybe I didn't get to do everything I wanted, maybe I didn't get a shot at the IC title, maybe I never got that shot at the World title, but I wouldn't change any of my time in IWF. It helped me realize my true potential in a big time organization. Now that IWF is going out of business, I know a lot of us are going on to one of the other big companies, some of us are going back to the indies, and even a few of us are going back to our jobs at the car wash. I would like to take this time to formally announce that I have signed a contract to join the APW promotion. Although I am moving on with my career, if the IWF rises from the ashes again, you can count on the Hardcore Superstar returning to reclaim his spot on the top of this company.

*Matthews walks away from the podium, back to Caldwell and Freeman, embracing both men.*

To Be Continued By Anyone

MizMasta3000

(Sam Caldwell walks up to the podium. He takes a long breath and looks over to the other side of the room to Foxx and Carter Avion. He begins to speak.)

Well. First and foremost I would...(Sam's phone starts to ring)

Hello....

What!?....

Wow uh ok....Meeting....

Alright....

Bye....

Sorry about that but these goodbyes are not necessary. I have just been told that IWF isn't dead yet...

(Sam Caldwell rushes out of the room and goes back on the phone)