They fucked Sandow over, man

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
As the year comes to a close, I can't help but have the what ifs in my mind, and Sandow is most definitely an if.

WWE Creative: what gimmick u want fam?
Sandow: just fuck my shit up
WWE Creative: say no more

...and he turned that stunt double gimmick into the best thing in the dubyadubya E. He turned shit into gold.

I'm pretty sure his career is over. Really unfortunate. Same with Axel, too.

• Haha
Reactions: Neptune

Jackhammer

Jobber
Reaction score
He was so over with MIz, for sure, but where do you go from there after a turn?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I loved what he was doing with The Miz, then the turn happened at Mania and he became directionless, get-nowhere superstar again.

Shame.

Shame for Axelmania, too!

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Axel? is that some kind of bread?

But seriously... A lot of great wrestlers or charismatic mic speakers have become a second thought thanks to the wwe's poor booking skills. We should start a fund to save these failed careers. Save them from the tyranny of becoming shells of their former selves. Working at house shows or as backstage trainers. Being forced to find out they aren't good actors after all. Today, let it be the day that we, the fans, take a stand for middle class wwe wrestling America. Say no to poor booking, and yes to change. YES WE CAN...try!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If WWE actually tried to push Sandow after he turned on the Miz people would have been bored as fuck with it by Summer and complaining that the new flavor of the month was being held down by WWE and Sandow was wasting airtime.

Fickle WWE fans gonna fickle. They're favorite wrestlers are only the guys who don't get pushed. Like how the favorite player on a football team is the backup QB, cuz you don't have to see him overexposed.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's a shame they can't be bothered to find anything else for him to do, but I honestly always found him best as a comedy character anyway. That seems to be where his true talent lies and there's nothing wrong with that. Why people wanted to see him pushed as a serious upper-midcard act is beyond me. That serious promo he cut a week or two after The Miz angle wrapped up was bland as hell.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
His first character was good and he played it very well. I feel like they could've done more with it. His run with Miz was kinda doomed, because as over as he was, whenever he turned on Miz and changed his character it would fade away quickly. Granted they barely tried, but still.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'll have everyone jumping down my throat here but not pushing Miz from that angle is the bigger issue, Sandow got as over as he did because Miz is so easy to hate. Part of it was Sandow being good comic relief but Miz made people care about the duo. I'm not talking a Main Event push just doing more with him.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'll have everyone jumping down my throat here but not pushing Miz from that angle is the bigger issue, Sandow got as over as he did because Miz is so easy to hate. Part of it was Sandow being good comic relief but Miz made people care about the duo. I'm not talking a Main Event push just doing more with him.
He bailed immediately after to do that movie with Summer Rae.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Live from satellite, surely they could have done something more when he returned. It doesn't have to have tied directly to the Mizdow break.
It's the ONLY reason I expected Sandow to go over. Have him win the Miz moniker for a 2 month (no idea how long miz has been gone) before having them feud again with Miz going over and getting a midcard push.

I'm not on the Sandow bandwagon, honestly, but I can understand the butthurt.

Reactions: Red Rain and seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's the ONLY reason I expected Sandow to go over. Have him win the Miz moniker for a 2 month (no idea how long miz has been gone) before having them feud again with Miz going over and getting a midcard push.

I'm not on the Sandow bandwagon, honestly, but I can understand the butthurt.
Yeah that makes sense, the whole Summer Rae stuff could have been played out longer if they wanted to go down that route alongside it. Instead they made Miz the whipping boy of Show and Ryback and gave Sandow even less.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I actually agree with you 100%.

Reactions: seabs