They Cant be this FOOLISH , Can they?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mahal over Orton?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think there's a chance that WWE might pull a swerve and have Mahal win, but I don't think it'll actually happen and Orton will end up retaining the title.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
You lost me at "those funny cigs"

We got a real whip smart joker over here.

:nakamura3:

Jinder will pin Orton, because WWE is gonna conquer India. Get your head out of your ass and look at that market.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Orton's a good wrestler, and he deserves the title run, but we really need to push new stars, and Jinder's on that path.

He's got the look, and he's got the market who's interested in him... Why not run with it?

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Mahal is being pushed up to mid card heel in order to make his feud with Mojo Rawley interesting. I really can't see him winning. It's always worth asking what comes next. If Orton loses it now, Mahal has no other opponent to go against, so what's the point? Orton however can go straight into feuds with Styles/Jericho/Owens/Corbin. They're throwing very much temporary attention at Mahal to establish him, that's all. They're usually pretty careful who gets the WWE championship.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
.......This is so weird...

I'll agree with the rest of the quality posts in this thread, but tie it all together....

-I'll throw all the blame on Wyatt as usual for this Randy/Bray feud being such a disaster, but Randy Orton is a guy who really struggles to keep momentum as a protagonist. Every now and then you get a little BLIP of something interesting in his feuds, but that shine's usually gone the next week at best, and at worst you get House of Horrors.

Even at first, it felt like the dynamics worked so well. You have a new challenger with zero credibility who was #42 on the list of guys who deserve a push, so his mere presence in the main event scene (and slight chance he could win) could get Orton over in theory... Next week all of that was forgotten. Even when his entrance

-Jinder... isn't good in this role. But he's proven that he's good enough for a role on the show. He and his Bollywood counterparts as a midcard heel faction could be alright, and coming down from this feud him landing in that spot is still a pretty solid step up for the guy...

-But really? What it's leading to has to be for his tag team partner. Jinder can play around for now and get himself over as much as he can before Ru-Ru Machkas the shit out of him. Sounds good to me!

[HASHTAG]#Rusev4WWEChamp[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Noa Shalev

Jobber
Reaction score
I can see WWE pushing Jinder and its great to see them incorporating CWC in WWE TV but honestly I cannot see Mahal having a meaningful or even remotely interesting title run. If he does win, Orton or someone else will win over and take it from him in a week or two. And honestly it makes Smackdown live look a little like the B show if Mahal is in the main event in my opinion

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
The only thing I have against it is the randomness/suddenness of it all.

Jinder isn't a great talent or anything, and I wouldn't call him Main Event material. But looking at most of the people WWE have pushed to the Main Event in recent years Jinder isn't actually that out of place in the Main Event of modern day WWE.

His push is just too sudden. Here's a guy who never did anything, never got any kind of push. Jobbed all through his first run. Left. Returned, and has just been a jobber in this run as well. The week before he became number one contender he was jobbing to Balor and got squashed by Mojo. They should have built him up a little bit beforehand. Because right now SmackDown just looks the land of jobbers, as opposed to the land of opportunity. Especially when you couple Jinders push with Breezeango getting a Tag Title feud at the same time. SmackDown looks so second rate to Raw right now.

I wouldn't be entirely against Jinder getting a Title run simply on the basis of seeing WWE push someone new, and push someone who isn't just one of HHH's NXT projects. The WWE Main Event really bores me thesedays due to how predictable it is, how its just the same few HHH guys (and a couple Vince guys). Jinder getting this push is a nice shock in a way. I'd prefer they built him up first but still its a nice change to see a new face get a big push that isn't a case of it being blindingly obvious that they'll get said push.