The WWE in 2011 (thus far)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
So far I think the WWE has been very solid this year. They've put on two very good PPVs and as a whole RAW has been pretty good and so far WrestleMania is looking very solid and could be one of the best Mania's of all time. What do you guys think? How would you rate the WWE's product in 2011 thus far?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I loved the Rumble, however, I'm much more critical of the Elimination Chamber. I mean, we pretty much knew what to expect. I think there were some people expecting a possible win by Lawler for a feel-good moment, but in reality, it was probably the most predictable PPV in year in terms of matches.

However, there were segments at the EC which definitely helped out, and some of the in-ring product was pretty damn insane (especially a few of Morrison's spots).

Overall, this has been one of the more exciting years of WWE product than in recent memory. CM Punk has been on fire this year, and Miz really is awesome. The "youth" movement in the WWE is pretty exciting as well... they've taken what everyone called a strength of TNA at one point and capitalized when TNA went the elder route. Bringing in Booker T for the broadcast team on Smackdown was a solid move, and the Cole/Lawler storyline is among one of the best utilized storylines surrounding announcers I can really ever remember.

A few things I have problems with (which can be explained but still suck) are Ted DiBiase's complete downfall into obscurity, Triple H/Taker (which makes sense but not with the surrounding circumstances of their kayfabe absences), and to add to the last one, the complete burial of Sheamus, who was on pace to really become a contender in the company.

noumenon

Reaction score
The Elimination Chamber is just blatantly in the wrong time of the year. It should be used to determine the #1 contender for Summerslam or something. So with that out of the equation, 2011 hasn't been too bad so far. It's really hard to tell though since 2011 has been all Mania build, so they're pulling out all the stops right now. The true test for the quality of the year is those boring stretches without any major PPV's and "filler" storylines. I tend to look at the wrestling year from Mania to Mania rather than 2009, 2010, 2011... If we looked at it in terms of the year it would be kind of ass backward...leading off with Mania.