The Wrestling World Has Changed: A 2001 WWF / WCW / ECW Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sunday, Week 1, May 2001

James "J. Dillon" Morrison
JJ Dillon 4.jpg

1942 - 2001

Former manager for the Four Horseman and WCW Authority Figure, James. J. Dillon, has passed away this Sunday morning at the age of 58. He was last seen this Thursday on WCW Thunder. WWF, ECW, and WCW have given statements regarding the passing of a true legend in the business.

Retirement News:
Jack Lanza.jpg

Blackjack Lanza will be leaving the wrestling business in a month's time. The longtime backstage figure in WWF and former WWF Tag Team Champion has worked for the company since the mid-1970's.

Free Agent News:

WCW and WWF have come to terms with the signing of several free agents. Each agent will wait the standard 7 days unless expressly stated:

WWF:

Jim Neidhart (Immediately)
Jake Roberts (Immediately)

WCW:

Keiji Mutoh (Immediately)
Vito LoGrasso (Immediately)
Eric Bischoff (Immediately)​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
bro what the fuck he was just on Thunder :DEAD: maybe the segment bombed bc he was on his deathbed and it creeped out fans :hmm

• Wow
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
:monkey

Someone killed Dillon?!

• Sad
Reactions: Chris

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
def let me know when I can use guys and when they sign is a godsent so ty. I feel like I got some good wrestlers so far theres still few others I am looking to sign but, I am very happy with my developmental guys. I would sign York I do like him but, I plan on giving Mercury a push slightly. I mean on the front page @Grim

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Huh?

Reactions: Hoss

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I am asking you to update the front page roster when the guys we sign can be used. Where they are at on the card just cause guys like Doug Williams, Low Ki, James Storm I don't know where they are at on card if they can be used having in all on the front page would make it easier at least for me when you get chance.

Last edited:

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
WWF Raw is proud to introduce their new opening theme for Monday Night Raw!

@The EC @God @Grim

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The Blaze Effect

Brandon Blaze

Alright boys and girls, we're back with some more exciting action, this time with some THUNDER! So let's run down the events of this show.

First we get a nice little video package, that strongly builds up what has happened over the last few weeks. Really getting people caught up on everything that you truly need to know. Some really really good stuff all around.

After a bad ass, and really cool intro we get Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes welcoming us to WCW, with this new amazing set, probably the best set across all three shows right now. But enough about that, we then get Booker T coming out who debuts a new theme song,

Booker starts out talking about how proud he is to be both the WCW World Champion, and WCW US Champion. He then talks about having a tribute video for all of the WCW fans from him. Which then plays on the titantron. Really well put together video, the fans seeming to love it. Booker then talks about wanting to carry WCW into the future, when Triple H comes out to interrupt him. Triple says he doesn't give a damn about the old WCW, and how it's a whole new ball game now that he runs the show. Which gets a small chuckle out of Booker T. Booker then takes a shot at Hunter for being married to the boss, but points out he also has friends in high places. J.J. Dillon then makes his way to the stage, to tell Hunter he is the TBS Rep, and is here to make sure the powers stay fair and balanced. Booker then issued a challenge to Hunter, who says he would but he's busy. But he did run into an old friend who's looking for a fight. So J.J. Dillon makes that match for tonight. The end of the promo saw Booker saying "Don't hate the playa, hate the game, sucka." and which Hunter replies. "I am the Game."

We then see Stephanie arrive backstage, who runs into Teddy Long asking if he's seen Test. He replies he hasn't. When she goes to leave, Teddy lets her know that JJ Dillon is there. This segment was alright, it helps move along things going on, and gets Steph caught up on what she missed before she arrived.

We then get a pretty funny backstage segment with Edge, Christian, and Kurt Angle. These three really play well off each other. It started with Edge and Christian making fun of Radicalz and ECW as well. That's when Angle comes on who is upset that Chris Benoit beat him at Backlash. Edge and Christian pay him no attetion which really pissed Kurt off, and leads to Edge and Christian telling him to do something about it. Which leads us off to the commercial break.

We have Kurt make his way out, and complain about how Benoit cheated, and how Benoit tapped after the match which means he deserves a rematch. Where he can't get his hands ob Beniot, he does say he can challenge one of his friends. Which leads to us getting Angle vs Perry Saturn. Which is a pretty decent, but quick match that saw Saturn get dropped on his head. The end came when Angle beat him by submission. Some stuff going on after the match, which say Saturn steal Kurt's Gold Medals.

Chyna then arrives and is looking for Steph, who Teddy tells her that she's looking for Test right now but should be able to find her later on in her office, which Chyna thanks him and walks away. But just then we see Hall and Nash. They remind us that Vince has brung them in to inject poison into the WWF, with Nash telling us that being on WCW doesn't change anything. We learn that Linda also sent someone to the show, which we don't get to many details on. So Steph is about to have a lot to deal with tonight from what we seen. This came off to me great, I always was a fan of nWo to see them again is really great stuff for me. I look forward to what this brings.

Mean Gene then interviews Booker, who talks about the pressure of being a Double Champion, but how he's going to do everything he can to make sure Power Trip from defiling WCW. The crowd really on his side. Really love what they are doing with him, because Booker clearly has a lot of star potential. You love to see it.

We now move on to Edge w/ Christian vs. Sean O'Haire w/ Chuck Palumbo. This was a pretty decent match between the two, with Christian and Chuck Palumbo doing good work at ringside. The end came when Edge was distracted by the going ons at ringside with Christian and Chuck, seeing Sean O'Haire pick up the win.

We cut to see Steph and JJ Dillon talking about how they will be able to work together, which see's Chyna coming into interrupt them. This leads to a back and forth between the two, with Chyna not wanting to work for Stephanie, but she let's Chyna know that things will be fair to her, and that JJ Dillon is here to even make sure of it. Chyna insults the roster which leads to her tonight having to defend her WWF Women's Title, which she's okay with. Steph then tells JJ to set the match up while she goes to look for test. Some good stuff here, I think it could've been a bit better but these two have the history there to make this come off as some legit believable heat.

Edge and Christian are seen backstage, with Christian telling Edge he's sorry, and reminds him he didn't complain this much when he lost his European Title match. This calms Edge down who then says his match at Slamboree he wants to do Solo. Angle then comes in and bitches about Saturn taking his Gold Medals, which Edge tells him Saturn isn't hard to find and how he just doesn't care anymore. Kurt gets mad and leaves, Christian cracks a joke about the Medals, which leads to Edge telling him to shut up. Some good stuff here, seems to be leading to something pretty good for Edge.

Steph finally finds Test. These two have a nice little back and forth with some jabs from each other. Test said he's thankful Hunter married her, so he didn't have to. Which Steph says he wishes he married her. She then sets up a match between the two for later tonight.

We then see Chyna leave the TBS office, while Trish is entering it. This is to set up the match tonight for the Women's Championship. Trish has impressed and earned her shot tonight, which we'll get. I think this match could be a pretty good one.

We then see Triple H talking to someone, and said it might not be Undetaker, but to picture Booker T has Undertaker, I guess since you know both are from Houston. Seems a bit stateicst, and yes that's a word don't question me on it.

Booker is in the ring, waiting to see who Triple H has lined up for him....which leads to a pretty shocking, but kind of a let down in my eyes of Rikishi. Uh, I was hoping for someone else, but I guess we should be use to Rikishi being used to let us down by now. Booker T did get the win, by via DQ when Triple H interfered. In a shocking turn of events, Booker and Rikishi actually had pretty good chemistry together, which makes up a bit for the let down of the opponent being Rikishi. Great promo by Triple H afterwards, talking about how even if Austin is over on WWF, The Power Trip isn't over. He also says hoe he can always find new friends. Booker is 100% a face now, the fans just fully behind the guy.

We see APA and Albert and X-Pac of X-Factor playing some poker backstage. Albert keeps getting mad and flips the table saying the APA is cheating, which Pac agrees with. This leads to a match up being set up next. That match isn't much to write home about, The best part of the match was Nash on commentary, trying to get Pac to throw up the Wolf Sign, which only keeps him distracted. We get a few shots in the back of Natural Born Thrillers watching the match, paying pretty close attention it seems. The match ends when Nash attacks Bradshaw, saying he was doing it for his boy.

Next we had Triple H vs Test, which didn't last long when Test won by DQ, after the match Triple H keeps beating on Test with a chair, which leads to Booker T rushing out. But he's a little late as Hunter and Steph quickly leave, leaving Booker to check on Test. Really great stuff all around here, helping build everyone up, hopefully leading to a great match in the future.

After the break, we see Hunter enter the room of Nash and Hall upset. I really wonder what's going on here. Seems it could be interesting.

Chyna then makes really quick work of Trish, saying how there is no competition in WCW, which Steph comes out, and reminds Chyna she said she'd take on anyone which leads to Jazz attacking her and setting up a new match. Which in shocking fashion, Jazz is able to beat and win the WWF Women's Championship. Which we then learn is now the WCW Women's Championship. Things really shaping up here for WCW tonight.

Nash is then seen telling everyone he has business to take care of, so to wait right here. Nash makes his way out and goes on about different things. He said this surprise isn't his return to the ring, or Scott's either. He talks about how Hunter said his new clique is going to be so great. Nash said he needs to remind Hunter who the OG clique is, which leads to his surpirse.....HBK Shawn Michaels! This, this is the type of surprise I like. Nash and Shawn 2 Sweet Each other, as we get some backstage reactions, with Farqooq saying "Well I'll be damned, we then see Triple H and Steph pissed off about what had just happened. We then see Booker shocked, and can't believe what he just saw. Back in the ring with Shawn and Nash posing in the ring when the lights start to flicker. IT'S STING! STING IS HERE! He watches from up in the rafters. Nash and Shawn quickly exit the ring, as Kanyon comes out to challenge Sting to a match. Which see's them two put on a pretty nice match, with Sting picking up the win.

Over all, this was a really great show, and I look forward to what else WCW can do in the future. My favorite show of the week.

editors note: It seems that a few days after Thunder, we lost JJ Dillon. We here at The Blaze Effect is sad about this news.

Last edited:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Breaking News from backstage at Thunder.

Booker T pops for Steroids and Test pops for Hard Drugs. Both were given fines for the matter.​

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
geez steroid scandals

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Whatever these boys do at home is no concern of mine as long as they show up to work in shape to perform.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
its Test of course you look the other way.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Over all, this was a really great show, and I look forward to what else WCW can do in the future. My favorite show of the week.
:owens3

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Monday, Week 2, May 2001

Signing News:

WWF has agreed to sign Don Callis to the company under a written contract. He will be available immediately instead of the the regular seven days after signing.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes