The Wrestling Classic ~ Nov. 7th 1985

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Not meant to be a watch thread, like the other ones, just a topic on this PPV event, but, I want to add the show, if someone can find it. If not, that's okay, we can still discuss the show, anyway.

1590390828176.png

This PPV included Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, and a 16 man tournament. The competitors in the tournament were:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
Dynamite Kid
Adrian Adonis
Moondog Spot
Corporal Kirchner
Tito Santana
Nicholai Volkoff
The Iron Shiek
Davey Boy Smith
Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
Ivan Putski
The Magnificent Muraco
Bob Orton
Junkyard Dog
Terry Funk

I can't find the entire event on youtube, but, I think it is on the WWE Network.

If anyone does find the show online somewhere, feel free to send it to me so I can post it here, for those who want to watch it and don't have the network. I would rather put it in this main post so anyone who doesn't want to read the winners in the discussion can click the link/video and watch it. I was only able to find one of the matches on youtube. You can look for more there as well, but, I looked and only had one come up (Dynamite Kid vs Macho Man). Some of the videos had download links for the whole show, but, I don't trust those.

I will say right now that if you don't want to know any winners, best to leave the thread now, as people are obviously going to be discussing the matches and will probably mention the winners. Do not read any further than this bolded part.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This was basically pre-KOTR and it was fun for the most part. Most of the matches I felt were way too short, didn't care for the winner personally though I feel he was still a decent choice for it. Hogan/Piper was fun though for sure

Reactions: Lady Redfield