The World Wrestling Federation: The Montreal Fallout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
WWF RAW is WAR - August 3, 1998:

I had a real blast reading this last month. I don’t know if it’s because I had such a loveletter connection to the period in an old project I wrote ten years ago when I was coming up to leaving school, or whether I’m thinking ahead for the Federation Years at what the landscape could look like in 1998 already.

Strong hook to entice viewers with Ken Shamrock immediately hot, looking out for Shawn Michaels and the rest of D-Generation X.

Of course, Stone Cold Steve Austin kicking off the show was the hottest possible start you could have had. Austin really got hot thanks to the SummerSlam 1998 build in real life, and his interactions with Owen Hart really helped get over the possibilities at SummerSlam. Funnily enough this show comes one year to the day of Austin’s career-threatening neck injury, at Owen’s hand. I’m glad you touched on Owen’s previous pursuit of the WWF Championship earlier in the year, for those of us that weren’t around to read up on those events. The Rock coming out made for a nice twist, and the caveat of an Over The Edge rematch tonight between Rock and Owen should guide us nicely in that direction. Unique to not hear from Vince McMahon in this segment.

Nice follow up for the Ken Shamrock stuff with McMahon and the Stooges, in what will surely be a show-long angle. It tied in pretty well with The Undertaker stuff.

It was a no-brainer that Val Venis would get the win over Brian Christopher. One key to this period is how we see Too Much get on as time goes by. Creative essentially repackaged these guys in 1999 to get them to their Too Cool prime, but I always thought there was the possibility of a fluid transition to that gimmick. That is, if that’s the direction we go with.

I continue to be amused by the Jackas-esque vignettes from Darren Drozdov as we get ready for his debut next week. I’m eager to see how you use Droz, considering what we know from reality. A lot of emphasis on his football background and workouts in the gym. I believe there’s more to be done with this character that isn’t necessarily Puke-related, but something leaning towards that direction.

I believe I touched on the curiosity in Dustin Runnels being re-aligned with Terri last week, shed of the Goldust and Marlena shackles. I wonder what the idea is for these two. Your dialogue for Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler is spot on in terms of believability in what they would say to segments like these. I wasn’t surprised by Dan Severn getting the win to continue his dominance. Of course, Dustin’s rehabilitation would spark up Luna Vachon. This is a very cool dynamic to have, and was a nice way to have Gangrel introduced. A lot of mixed tag team match possibilities going around the WWF these days.

We’re doing some similar things with The Jackyl. He was always a great mouthpiece that was adaptable to the tailored needs of their clients. It translates well to a guy like Dan Severn. I don’t know about William Regal making a name for himself with Severn per se, based off his WCW history, but it does bode well for what may follow. Regal is better suited as a heel, but maybe it works in his favour as he’s just getting started.

I’m glad to see we’re easing into the Mankind comedy stuff akin to later-1998, and utilising Al Snow to accomplish that thus far has been well done. I am wondering how far we can truly go with Al as a pushed guy, as he’s definitely not on the level of Mankind - but he makes a great fall guy.

William Regal getting another win over Hardcore Holly worked fine. Hardcore already being embedded in the character is a move for the better, but I suspect he is yet to receive the suitable push to what we know Holly to be capable of, a la his run in 1999 and 2000. At least he’s no New Midnight Express member.

Some early Acolyte Protection Agency stuff here with the three previous members of the Nation of Domination. It read like hearty character development for the likes of The Godfather and Mark Henry, in response to stern-ass Faarooq.

Great promo to show D-Generation X operating on their highest level. Questions continue to be raised about Shawn Michaels’ presence preventing Triple H from reaching the next step, but I would imagine we’ll eventually get there. I suspect a heel turn is in the cards long-term for HHH. I bet DX’s fallout from WrestleMania XIV played expertly with the contrast in personas afforded for HBK and Vince McMahon. It played well to set up a Street Fight with Ken Shamrock at SummerSlam. Continuing with the Commissioner Slaughter and Chyna handcuff spot, much like Unforgiven: In Your House, is a lovely touch to see included here.

I was surprised to see Lance Storm and Justin Bradshaw win the WWF Tag Team Championship, but it made sense with the Heritage’s issues with the New Age Outlaws, particularly. Big Boss Man was shockingly well-pushed from his arrival in the WWF. A lot of chaos with D-Generation X and the Stooges, as well. It’s a very peculiar situation, but unsurprising to expect out of WWF booking for 1998. Just a lot of moving pieces.

I continue to not really get the craze around Tiger Ali Singh as the WWF European Champion, but the match with Al Snow was very in-line with what we could expect from a midcard angle in 1998. I did like the interplay between the two before the match, for what it’s worth.

I liked the dynamic with Vince McMahon and Co, but it is strange to see Kane at Vince’s side already, without any sign of Paul Bearer. On the topic, I feel like The Heritage could have done with a follow-up interview after their title win.

I don’t know cards, but I suspect the post-Nation members’ segments are pretty funny.

I got a kick out of the Kai En Tai segment, with Jerry Lawler naturally on top-form. Crazy this was the product for the time, but it’s in-line with what we came to expect of it, nonetheless. Sweet double-turn for TAKA Michinoku, with Tajiri as the target. It’s not a match I see earmarked for the SummerSlam card, but it’s a good and effective angle designed for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship.

Jeff Jarrett running over Duane Gill was no surprise. I wonder if Gillberg is in the cards in the coming months. Of course, our focus was on the post-match, and it was well done for what it’s worth with Taz as Jarrett’s rival.

Pretty crazy main event for Owen Hart and The Rock, though the commotion involving D-Generation X and Vince McMahon’s gang somewhat overshadowed things. I loved the post-match, just for all of the drama and the countless things going on in one segment. It’s easy to get caught up in all of the chaos unfolding, but I really did like the first signs of The Brothers of Destruction forming a tandem opposing a common enemy. The drama was top notch for this, but I do have to point out the lack of focus on Stone Cold Steve Austin and Owen Hart heading towards SummerSlam out of this show.

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - August 8, 1998:

I really like the abbreviated format for the C-show, and like that it continues to pack a punch in forms of stars appearing on the card. It’s a shame that Supply and Demand fell to Vader and the Disciples of the Apocalypse. Really Justin Bradshaw would fit the DOA just as well as the Heritage, but that’s just my creative wheels spinning here. Three big bald men in Vader, Skull and 8-Ball can work just as well.

Tiger Ali Singh’s segment was fine for what it was, continuing to get over his somewhat questionable push as WWF European Champion. I’m sure that’s the idea. Mingling Singh with Mankind is a peculiar one, though.

Mabel with another win over Savio Vega worked in continuing to get him over. Never forget King of the Ring 1995…

Tennesee Lee’s comments worked in reminding us of Southern Justice’s beef with the Legion of Doom. This works for those secondary programs that don’t necessarily need featuring on every single show.

Taz having words for Jeff Jarrett coming off of the angle from RAW was needed.

It’s very much realistic for SummerSlam to only have two matches signed thus far, as if I recall they waited until the last possible minute to book most of the show’s matches in real life. Still, I imagine there’ll be an influx of matches made official this upcoming week.

Hardcore Holly doing double-duty for the San Diego fans is a curious decision. I’m just glad that Holly at least managed to get a win over Tom Brandi.

The Legion of Doom getting the win against Los Boricuas made for a compelling enough main event, with the focus on Southern Justice’s post-match. As I recall, LOD and The Godwinns had some fun tag team brawls in 1997, so this looks to be going in the right direction.

WWF Sunday Night HeAT - August 9, 1998:

In HeAT’s formative weeks it’s a great idea to devolve from the status quo of a show we know very well. I’m curious how you devolve from the typical format we know of RAW is WAR to be, in favour of establishing some undercard acts whilst simultaneously maintaining star power. It’s a unique blend and one that can be challenging to pull off with the one-hour length. But it’s totally doable. I always did see HeAT from its’ inception to be a place for RAW storylines and Shotgun Saturday Night angles to merge and form a perfect storm of content.

Jeff Jarrett’s promo shed more light on his problems with Taz, though I think that Sunny could have probably done some of the talking here. She was absolutely capable on the mic for it, anyway.

Effective match to get Jeff Jarrett another credible win ahead of a match with Taz at SummerSlam, I suspect. It also helps establish the submission gimmick, which I believe was still in its’ early years of having tapping out be the universal method of submission defeat in the WWF. I know WCW really emphasised tapping out as the end of matches in early 1997, anyway. Val Venis was protected well with the use of the guitar.

Some advancement in the mixed tag team situation involving Marc Mero and Ivory. Mero really was a shell of who he used to be prior to the leg injury. Sadly, this isn’t really an angle I hold much stock into.

All eyes are on Droz’s introductory presentation tomorrow night…

The Big Boss Man beating Faarooq made most sense, with Boss Man having such a strong spot on RAW, this past week. I do hope we settle into a nice groove for Faarooq now the Nation is finished, at least in name. He wasn’t immobile yet but was definitely years past his peak, but did still play an effective character.

Mankind’s promo on Tiger Ali Singh was well written, but I don’t hold too much interest in what he can get done with the WWF European Champion, per se.

Marc Mero defeating D’Lo Brown is a shame to see, as I feel Brown was capable of a lot. Really, 1998 was when he truly started coming into his own. I believe he’s capable of greater things than taking Ls. I maybe wouldn’t have had Val Venis reappear here after taking a guitar shot and tapping out to Jeff Jarrett earlier in the hour, but for visual purposes it worked fine. Sable standing all alone defiantly would have made an effective alternative.

The interesting thing about the Kai En Tai and Tajiri stuff is how it’s presented with a bunch of Japanese-speaking guys. Clearly, this is Mr. Yamaguchi-san’s primary purpose.

I can’t say I really bought this as a main event, and it’s definitely a step down from last week’s series premiere. Mankind obviously is leaps and bounds out of Tiger Ali Singh’s league, and obviously the WWF European Championship should not be Mankind’s aim. That said, two non-title matches in one week is somethin’. Ali Singh taking the loss helps Mankind’s cause, and really again this fit as a makeshift storyline for television, akin to the times.

The Rock’s promo closing the show was the best possible thing to do for this HeAT. It set things in motion for RAW is WAR tomorrow, which is rightfully the A-show of the WWF, in a time where the Monday Night War rages on against WCW Nitro, firing on all cylinders.

Television continued to be tremendous this week, as SummerSlam grows closer. Much still to be announced, and a lot more to touch on in terms of character allegiances. I’m really enjoying this.

Reactions: Death By Looch

iMac

Reaction score
WWF Sunday Night Heat
August 16th, 1998
Omaha Civic Auditorium
Omaha, Nebraska

Episode three of Sunday Night Heat starts with some highlights from the main event of Raw is War last Monday, the tag match pitting ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and Owen Hart against the D-Generation tandem of Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Shane McMahon booked this match in the hopes it would provide a highly competitive, and controversy free, main event, and for the most part he got that… until Ken Shamrock came through the crowd… and planted Shawn Michaels through the announce desk! With Michaels taken out of it, that leaves Triple H at a disadvantage, one which Austin looks to take advantage of… only for Owen to sneak in a blind tag… just as Austin hits the Stunner! But Owen is the legal man… and he steals the pinfall to grab the victory for his team! Austin isn’t happy with this, he and Owen arguing after the bell, and despite Shane’s hopes for a drama free main event at SummerSlam, the relationships between the champion and his challenger is starting to look pretty strained as Raw went off the air.

We then get the usual Heat opening video, and remember folks, this is Heat. This is Sunday nights. This is the coolest, edgiest hour of professional wrestling you’ll see this week! But we go into the arena for the pyro display from the ring, then we take a tour of the fans as Michael Cole and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler welcome us to the show…

Michael Cole: The Omaha Civic Auditorium is the venue for Sunday Night Heat, the hottest show on network television! I’m Michael Cole, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler alongside me, and ‘King’, what a night this is gonna be. The fallout from the controversial ending to Raw is gonna be felt tonight, both Owen Hart and the WWF Champion, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, scheduled to be here!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Well it was a big win for those two on Raw last Monday, but it wasn’t plain sailin’ like Shane McMahon hoped for! First we had Ken Shamrock put Shawn Michaels through the announce desk, then Owen stole the win from ‘Stone Cold’! And Austin? He was furious when that happened!

Michael Cole: We’re gonna hear from Owen Hart later tonight, he’s gonna come down to the ring to speak with Jim Ross to explain his actions from Raw is War. Also tonight, we learned last night on Shotgun Saturday Night that Faarooq will be in action here tonight, he’s gonna take on the European Champion Tiger Ali Singh in non-title action. Marc Mero is here, he’s gonna compete in a match that was changed at the last second on Raw as he goes up against Duane Gill. And X-Pac issued the challenge, he wants any one of Ken Shamrock, Bart Gunn, Steve Blackman and The Big Boss Man to meet him in the ring tonight!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and I don’t think it really matters who steps up, any one of them could beat the heck outta X-Punk!

”OHHHHH… WHAT A RUSH!”

*WHAT A RUSH*

We’re ready for our first match of the night, and the crowd are on their feet for the arrival of The Legion of Doom! The veterans get a great response from the Omaha fans, with ’Road Warrior’ Hawk and ’Road Warrior’ Animal marching down to the ring, accompanied by their manager Paul Ellering

Michael Cole: But we’re kickin’ things off with The Legion of Doom, set for non-title action with the new champions, The Heritage. But Hawk and Animal, their attention is currently focused on Southern Justice, they’ve had their problems with Dennis Knight and Mark Canterbury as of late.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah but Canterbury and Knight, they got laid out by Kane last Monday on Raw! I mean, that monster is on the loose right now! D’ya think he’s gonna show up here tonight on Heat!?

*WE SALUTE*

For the first time as World Tag Team Champions, The Heritage step into the arena, with both John Bradshaw and Lance Storm wearing their title belts around their waists over their sports jackets. Jim Cornette is of course there also, he and Ellering exchanging words in a throwback to the feud these two teams had before the summer…

Michael Cole: It was two weeks ago on Raw that The Heritage took the titles away from The New Age Outlaws, thanks in large part to The Big Boss Man. Boss Man was supposed to keep Chyna and Jim Cornette handcuffed together on the stage, instead he wound up letting Cornette go and he involved himself in the match.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Forget that, did you hear on Raw what Shane McMahon said? At SummerSlam, The Heritage are gonna make their first title defence against Al Snow… and Mankind?! That’s just ridiculous! Cornette was takin’ about suin’ the WWF to get outta the match, I think he’s got a great case! I hope Shane can use the same lawyers as Mr. McMahon does, cos he’s gonna need ‘em!

Match One: Non-Title Match
World Tag Team Champions The Heritage w/ Jim Cornette vs. The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

Bradshaw and Hawk get things started, circling the ring, only for Storm to dip his head through the ropes… which distracts Hawk, allowing Bradshaw to clobber him from behind. Bradshaw lays in with forearms to the back of the head, then some stiff right hands, before Storm makes the tag. He and Bradshaw shoot Hawk off the ropes… Hawk ducks a double clothesline… and nails a flying double clothesline of his own! Animal rushes the ring to charge at Bradshaw… clotheslines him over the top rope! Hawk now has the chance to attack, he lays in with uppercuts, then shoots Storm off the ropes… textbook dropkick connects! Hawk then strikes with chops to the chest, goes for the Irish whip again… Storm catches a boot… but Hawk counters with an enzuigiri! Animal tags in, he lands knees to the body and rights to the face, before he sends Storm to the corner and follows in… but Storm sidesteps… and Animal drives his shoulder into the ringpost!

A chance now for The Heritage to isolate Animal, they keep him in their corner with a string of boots and forearms, while Storm tries to work the arm using a hammerlock. Bradshaw lands a trio of elbowdrops, then gets a two count from a swinging neckbreaker, before Storm hits a single-arm DDT for another near fall. Cornette then proves his worth as he starts jawing at Ellering and Hawk, drawing the eye of the referee, allowing Storm and Bradshaw to send Animal off the ropes… into a double flapjack! Bradshaw hooks a leg… 1… 2… but Animal rolls a shoulder. Bradshaw continues to lay in with the forearms to the back of the head, but when he goes for the Irish whip, Animal reverses… and catches Bradshaw with a powerslam! Both men are down, Animal crawls to his corner… but Storm bursts into the ring… and he knocks Hawk off the apron! Hawk immediately slides into the ring to gain retribution, but again it only serves to distract the referee, allowing Storm and Bradshaw to drag Animal to their corner and rain down on him with stomps. After a two count, Bradshaw tags in Storm, who heads to the top rope and readies himself… then flies with an elbowdrop… but Animal rolls… and Storm crashes to the canvas!

Once again, a chance for Animal to make the tag… this time Cornette jumps onto the apron… but Ellering yanks him down… smacks Cornette with a right hand! And then means Animal can reach out… and tag Hawk! Hawk explodes into the ring, he runs through Storm with a clothesline, then smacks Bradshaw in the corner, before he shoots Storm off the ropes… up and down with a gorilla press slam! Bradshaw races back in, but Hawk sees him coming, doubling him over with a boot, then he sends Bradshaw off the ropes… jumping shoulderblock! Animal is back on his feet, he hurls Bradshaw over the top rope to the floor, before he grabs Storm… and takes him up on his shoulders… as Hawk climbs in the corner… DOOMSDAY DEVICE… WAIT! On the outside… Southern Justice have hit the arena… and THEY’RE LAYING A BEATING ON PAUL ELLERING! Dennis Knight and Mark Canterbury lay in with stomps to Ellering, with Tennessee Lee yelling out encouragement! Animal drops Storm to the mat, Hawk drops down from the top rope… Animal goes to head outside… and he chases Southern Justice! Animal chases them halfway up the ramp before he stops to turn back and check on Ellering… but in the ring, Storm has sneaked up on Hawk from behind with a rollup… 1… 2… 3!

Winners: The Heritage @ 05:16

So the champions kick off their reign with a win, but they got a huge assist from the distraction by Southern Justice! Ellering is still down on the floor with Animal checking on him, with the Southern Justice trio looking down from the stage, smirks on their faces. In the ring, Cornette hands the belts over to Storm and Bradshaw before he starts to jump up and down like an idiot in celebration, delighted to see his team come away with the win. The champions stay in the ring to bask in their victory, while we cut to the floor where Hawk and Animal are baying for blood after helping Ellering back to his feet, while Knight, Canterbury and Lee all laugh from the stage, pleased with their work here and the message they’ve sent.

We cut backstage to see Owen Hart arriving at the arena, dressed in street clothes, that big smile on his face…

Michael Cole: Owen Hart is here tonight, he’s gonna explain what went on during our main event on Raw, stay tuned for that!

And then we cut to see ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin sat on a chair in a locker room, monitor infront of him, beer can in his hand…

Michael Cole: And the WWF Champion is here as well! ‘The Rattlesnake’ is in the building and no doubt he’ll be listenin’ to every word Owen has to say! Don’t go anywhere!

*Commercial*

We return to the interview set where Kevin Kelly is standing alongside Val Venis and Sable

Kevin Kelly: Well Val, Sable, we all saw the video on Raw last Monday of you working hard in the ring ahead of your match at SummerSlam against Marc Mero and Ivory. But Sable, I have to ask you, how ready are you for SummerSlam? We all saw the match back at WrestleMania against Jeff Jarrett and Sunny, but Sunny isn’t a trained athlete, and Ivory… well, she’s a much bigger threat.

A slight nod of agreement from Sable…

Sable: Well you’re right Kevin, Ivory is a much more dangerous threat if you compare her to Sunny. But while Ivory might be a tougher challenge than what I faced back at WrestleMania… so am I.

A pop from inside the arena, with a very stern look on Sable’s face…

Sable: I’ve done a lot of work in the ring with Val, I’m ready to give a much better showing of myself than I did at WrestleMania. I might have put Sunny away that night with the Sable Bomb, but at SummerSlam, I’m not lookin’ to drop the bomb on Ivory… it’s Marc’s shoulders that I want to pin to the mat.

Another pop for that prospect, with Val giving his finger a quick lick…

Val Venis: Y’know, ‘The Big Valbowski’ has been workin’ Sable like a dog these last few weeks, gettin’ her ready for the big show. But if there’s one thing I know about Sable, is that’s when we get to SummerSlam… she’s gonna be ready to take a big bite outta ‘The Big Apple’!

A little chuckle and a nod of the head from Venis towards Sable…

Val Venis: Day after day, we’re workin’ on her game. And by the time we get to Madison Square Garden, Mero and Ivory, you two are in for a world of pain. And Ivory, back at Fully Loaded, you got up close and personal with ‘The Big Valbowski’, you felt the full force or what I’ve got to offer.

Val pauses, giving his thumb another lick…

Val Venis: But at SummerSlam, you’re gonna get more than you can handle. But unlike at Fully Loaded, it’s not gonna be from me in the showers… it’s gonna be from Sable… in the ring.

Confident looks into the camera from Val and Sable, before they both head out of the shot, leaving Kelly to watch them go before we cut elsewhere.

Back into the arena to hear…

*TRAUMATIZED*

A decent welcome for Faarooq as he steps out from behind the curtain, looking as focused and determined as he always does, showing no visible signs of being under pressure in the this little slump he’s going through…

Michael Cole: Well Val Venis and Sable, they sound pretty confident ahead of their showdown with Mero and Ivory at SummerSlam. But one man perhaps lacking a little confidence right now is Faarooq. It’s not been the most successful of times for Faarooq since he lost to The Rock back at WrestleMania, but he’s determined to get things right tonight on Heat.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah but he’s up against the European Champion, Tiger Ali Singh. And let me tell ya’, Tiger ain’t the kinda guy you go up against to get your confidence back. If Faarooq isn’t up to the task here, Singh’s gonna make a lotta people over in Europe very happy tonight!

*DESERT THREAT*

The European Champion Tiger Ali Singh steps into the arena, with his turban on his head, sunglasses on his face and sports jacket over his torso. Singh also has the European Title around his waist, the flag of India in one hand and a microphone in the other…

Tiger Ali Singh: Once again, the decision makers here in the World Wrestling Federation has chosen to disrespect me and the prestigious title I carry, the European Championship.

Singh smirks as he saunters down the ramp, Faarooq pacing back and forth, itching to get things started…

Tiger Ali Singh: Here I am, the pride of Europe, legions of followers across the world, having to compete on Sunday Night Heat against a loser like you, Faarooq.

As Singh reaches the ringsteps and starts to climb then, Faarooq has to be ushered back by the referee…

Tiger Ali Singh: And why are you such a loser, Faarooq? I’ll tell you…

Singh carefully steps through the ropes, ordering the referee to keep Faarooq at bay…

Tiger Ali Singh: Because I’ve saw you in recent weeks associating yourself backstage with those two other losers, Mark Henry and The Godfather. We’ve all witnessed you drinking alcohol, smoking cigars, gambling and of course, fornicating with loose women.

”I think Faarooq has always said no when he’s been offered The Godfather’s ladies!” chips in Cole…

Tiger Ali Singh: Simply put Faarooq, you are nothing but another example of how pathetic the United States of America is!

And of course, that gets boos…

Tiger Ali Singh: You’re not worthy of time and effort here tonight. Just like these hicks in Nebraska aren’t worth my effort tonight! And just like at SummerSlam, where I will successfully defend my European Championship, X-Pac isn’t going to be worth my effort either!

Faarooq gesticulates for Singh to shut up and get on with things, but Tiger uses his hand to motion for calm…

Tiger Ali Singh: So how about I make you an offer? Save yourself the embarrassment I’m going to put you through, spare yourself a night of staring at the lights…

Singh places his flag in the corner and then reaches into his sports jacker pocket…

Tiger Ali Singh: And take this Five Thousand Dollars I have here and head backstage and forget this match was ever scheduled to take place. Drink it all away, gamble all away, hell, see how many of those cheap skanks your buddy Godfather will let you have for the night, I don’t care! But don’t make me-

SMACK!

Faarooq nails Singh with a stiff right hand! The wad of cash hits the mat, Singh’s turban goes flying from his head, the referee calls for the bell! This one’s underway…

Match Two: Non-Title Match
European Champion Tiger Ali Singh vs. Faarooq

And Faarooq is hammering Tiger with right hands, backing him to the ropes, before he shoots Singh across… and bowls him over with a shoulderblock! Tiger is reeling, Faarooq hammers in with more right hands, then shots to the back of the head, before he again goes for the Irish whip… into a powerslam! That gets Faarooq an early two count, but he continues to land those rights to the jaw, backing Tiger to the corner, where he sends him across the ring and follows in… but Singh gets a boot up! Faarooq staggers away, Tiger pushes himself to the second rope… and flies with a diving bulldog! A chance for Tiger to compose himself, he lays in with stomps to the body, then a couple of kicks to the head, before he places Faarooq across the second rope, applying pressure to the neck, choking him and taking every second of the referee’s five count before he backs away.

Tiger’s turn to throw hard rights now, then he looks to keep Faarooq grounded with a pair of elbowdrops before getting a near fall. Singh looks to continue his assault, uppercuts to the jaw, knees to the body, before he sends Faarooq off the ropes… into a stiff clothesline! Tiger again goes for stomps, but that lights a fire in Faarooq, he starts to fire back with rights to the body, then he goes for the Irish whip… but Faarooq lowers his head… Singh counters with a DDT! And Tiger shoots the half… 1… 2… Faarooq gets a shoulder up! Frustrated, Singh protests with the referee, before he turns to come off the ropes… but Faarooq is back on his feet… takes Singh down with a spinebuster! Both men are down from the impact, but when they make it back up, Faarooq lands the first shot, driving Tiger to the ropes where he goes for the Irish whip… boot doubles Tiger over… and Faarooq looks for THE DOMINATOR… NO! Sing goes all the way up and over Faarooq, landing behind him… and he hooks Faarooq up… DIRTY MONEY! Sing nails his big move, drops down to hook a leg… 1… 2… 3!

Winner: Tiger Ali Singh @ 03:37

A win for Singh, he once again finds a way to sneak the victory. Singh quickly rolls from the ring and has his hand raised on the floor, snatching the European Title away from the referee before he raises both arms high in the air and heads for the ramp. In the ring, Faarooq looks furious at another defeat, he argues with the referee but there’s nothing that can be done now that the bell has rung…

Michael Cole: Another really disappointing defeat for Faarooq, he looked to have the European Champion on the ropes right there, but Singh managed to steal the victory.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: They’re gonna be partyin’ in the streets of Europe again tonight! Paris, London, Berlin, Moscow, they all love Tiger Ali Singh and he gave ‘em another victory!

Another quick shot of Singh on the stage, milking his win with the crowd, before we head back to Faarooq in the ring, hands on his hips, pleading his case to the referee, but his protests fall on deaf ears as we cut away.

To see a huddle consisting of Ken Shamrock, The Big Boss Man, Bart Gunn and Steve Blackman, the four men inaudibly discussing something, probably which one of them will face X-Pac later this evening…

Michael Cole: Still to come tonight, we’ve ‘Marvellous’ Marc Mero taking on Duane Gill, but there you see them, one of those four men will face X-Pac later this evening. Who will answer X-Pac’s challenge!? Stay tuned to find out here on Sunday Night Heat!

*Commercial*

*VIDEO PACKAGE*

A dark screen is dimly lit by a lightbulb swinging back and forth in room. Jarring, harrowing music plays quietly as the camera slowly pans across the room…

The light swings to give us a brief illumination of a table in the middle of the room. Sat upon the table is an open packet of Cheetos with a few scattered on the table top, alongside a stuffed doll of Cartman from South Park…

The light swings again, this time the camera is able to see images of various WWF Superstars pinned to the walls of the room. First we see Shawn Michaels… then The Undertaker…

The light continues to swing, this time we catch glimpses of Triple H… Mankind… and Owen Hart…

Another swing of the light reveals images of ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin pinned to the wall. All of the images of these WWF Superstars are pinned to the wall with thumbtacks stuck their eyes and red marker pen scrawls across their bodies…

Footsteps now approach and enter the room, the light takes a final swing to give us the briefest of looks at a hulking figure, wearing a t-shirt with Cartman on it and an eerie leather mask on his face, until we hear the click of a pull cord that plunges the room into darkness. Which is how the screen stays until the music gets louder and a lone word fades into sight…

”GOLGA”

*END VIDEO PACKAGE*

From the video, we go back into the arena and hear…

*ROUGH ROCK*

Jeers for the appearance of ’Marvellous’ Marc Mero, who as always has Ivory by his side. The pair have plenty to say to the ringside crowd, Mero even having to hold Ivory back at one point such is the level of jawing she’s doing tonight…

Michael Cole: Welcome back to the hottest hour of network television, Sunday Night Heat! There you see Marc Mero and Ivory, these two set for that big showdown at SummerSlam against Sable and Val Venis. But ‘King’, we all saw the video on Raw last Monday, Sable is workin’ hard in the ring, she looks ready for SummerSlam, but Mero and Ivory, they don’t seem all that worried about her.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Well that’s because Ivory is twice the wrestler Sable is ever gonna be! She’s one of the toughest women you’ll ever meet, she’d have wiped the floor with Sable back at Fully Loaded if it wasn’t for Val Venis and that… eh, well… y’know what kinda video it was!

*GIVE IT UP*

Hardly any response for the newcomer Duane Gill, but given how small and skinny he is, it’s hardly a surprise. The scrawny Gill gives a few waves to the crowd, but gets very little back in response from them…

Michael Cole: Well Duane Gill first appeared two weeks ago on Raw, he was brought in as the mystery opponent for Jeff Jarrett and his open challenge for a Submission Match, but as Shane McMahon revealed on Raw six days ago, Gill threatened to sue the WWF for the humiliation he suffered on national TV, not to mention that guitar shot to the skull he took.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and to stave off that legal threat, Gill was offered a WWF contract. But this guy’s not really gonna be a regular competitor here is he? I mean, he’s so skinny, there’s TV stations in Africa who’ve raised money for ‘im!

But before the match gets underway, Mero has a mic in his hand…

’Marvellous’ Marc Mero: Hey! Hey, Gill! Now listen. This match right here was supposed to take place on Raw. Instead I had ta’ face that whackjob Mankind and he stuck his fingers down my throat!

That gets a pop, much to Mero’s chagrin…

’Marvellous’ Marc Mero: But Shane McMahon mighta saved your ass on Monday, but you ain’t gettin’ outta this one tonight. I’m gonna show you what it really means to be a WWF Superstar. Infact… what I’m gonna do is… I’m gonna treat you… like I’m gonna treat Sable at SummerSlam!

”What’s he mean by that?” asks Cole…

’Marvellous’ Marc Mero: I’m gonna beat you all over this ring! I’m gonna embarrass you, I’m gonna humiliate you! And when it’s over… I’m gonna make you wish like you never stepped foot inside a WWF ring!

Having said his bit, Mero slams the mic down on the canvas, and despite the worried look on Gill’s face, the referee gets things going…

Match Three:
Duane Gill
vs. ’Marvellous’ Marc Mero w/ Ivory

As the bell rings, Mero arrogantly smirks, a little shadow boxing as the pair circle, before we get the tie-up… and Mero drills a knee to the midsection. Again Mero smirks as he easily takes control, dropping forearms to the back of the head and knees to the face, before he sends Gill off the ropes… and knocks him down with a back elbow. Mero motions to Ivory that Gill is no competition for him, he lays in with boots to the chest, before he drags Gill up, hurls him to the corner and unloads with kicks and chops to the chest. Mreo then goes for the Irish whip across… but Gill reverses and follows in… misses the corner splash! And Gill has landed across the top turnbuckle, allowing Mero to lay with punts to the gut, before he takes Gill onto his shoulders… and drops him with a gutbsuter!

It's all Mero as he arrogantly lays in with lazy stomps, them he yanks Gill up and hooks him up for a suplex… but Gill lands on his feet behind Mero… drops him with an inverted DDT! Ivory is shocked as Gill finally gets some offence, now it’s his turn to attack as he tags Mero with right hands then doubles him over with a kick… comes off the ropes… swinging neckbreaker! Gill is building momentum, he throws more rights then comes off the ropes again… but this time he runs into a knee to the body! That saps the energy out of the crowd, and with Gill grounded once again, Mero wastes little time in dragging him up… taking him up in the air… TKO! Mero plants Gill, drops down and in a final show of arrogance, doesn’t bother hooking a leg but still gets the 1… 2… 3.

Winner: ‘Marvellous’ Marc Mero @ 02: 44

A very comprehensive victory for Mero, Gill showed flashes of promise at times, but he’s nowhere near Mero’s class as ‘The Marvellous One’ easily puts him away. Ivory slides into the ring and raises Mero’s hand, the two turning to leave… until in a real lack of class, Ivory lays in with a pair of stomps to Gill’s torso! Admonished by the ref, Mero and Ivory laugh it up before they head for the ropes, the pair laughing their way back up the ramp…

Michael Cole: What a disgusting display from Marc Mero. He said he wanted to send a message to Sable in that match, but all he did was show what a classless individual he is.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: He showed he was the better man, that’s all. And he made sure he showed Sable what’s in store for her at SummerSlam!

Michael Cole: Well speaking of SummerSlam, it’s not just Mero and Ivory takin’ on Sable and Venis that night, the very personal rivalry between Dustin Runnels and another newcomer, the mysterious Gangrel. Gangrel makes his WWF in-ring debut tomorrow night on Raw, but our cameras caught up with him and Luna Vachon earlier today to try and find out a little more about their very unique lifestyle. Let’s take a look…

*VIDEO PACKAGE*

We open to a dark, dimly lit set, a very gothic looking candelabra burning away in the background while lots of other candles burn on a nearby plinth. Gangrel and Luna Vachon, both dressed in their white flowing shirts stand before us, Gangrel holding an ornate goblet of some kind, and despite the darkness in which he currently stands, he’s wearing sunglasses…

Gangrel: The world of darkness in which we exist is no place for those who don’t believe. We live a life that those who bathe in the light cannot understand. The power that we seek… flows only through those brave enough to believe in a world beyond the shadows.

Gangrel holds up the cup he holds as he says that in a symbolic fashion…

Gangrel: And those believers deemed worthy of the sacrifice… like my Queen Luna here… know that once the blood courses through your body… there is eternal life to be found in the darkness.

Luna and Gangrel turn to face each other, sick smirks on their faces…

Gangrel: Dustin and Terri Runnels… they live amongst the light. They sought a way to live out their fairy tale, but they forgot they had to pay for what they did to my Luna. She was embarrassed at WrestleMania but she found a new way of life… and The Runnels… they will pay… in blood.

With a snarl on her face, Luna steps forward to speak…

Luna Vachon: Dustin! You scum sock! You thought I’d just disappear, didn’t you? You thought… I’d just forget what you did to me and walk away. Didn’t you!? But I’ll never forget how you made me feel that night. And at SummerSlam… I’m gonna make your precious Princess Terri feel exactly the same way!

As always when she speaks on this subject, Luna is very animated, while Gangrel plays it cool, flashing that fanged smile of his…

Luna Vachon: When you get your shoulders pinned to the mat Dustin… I’m gonna drown your Terri… in blood!

And in a very sickening move, Gangrel takes a drink from his goblet… and dribbles it down his chin… and into Luna’s mouth! It’s pretty disgusting, but Gangrel and Luna both give bloodstained smirks into the camera as the video fades out.

*END VIDEO PACKAGE*

*Commercial*

Let’s get back to the action…

”ARE YOU READY?”

*BREAK IT DOWN*

Big-time excitement from the Omaha faithful as D-Generation X hit the arena. X-Pac leads the way, with Triple H, Chyna and The New Age Outlaws alongside him, the group bringing their usual brand of energy with them as they enter the ring and head to all four corners…

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Sunday Night Heat. D-Generation X are ready for action, but you’ll notice there’s no Shawn Michaels here tonight, Michaels still recovering from being driven through the announce desk last Monday on Raw by Ken Shamrock.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: And that’s just a taste of what Michaels has got comin’ to him at SummerSlam. He wants to challenge Ken Shamrock to a Street Fight? Well he’s in for a world of hurt between now and when we get to Madison Square Garden.

Having got the crowd on their feet, it’s time to hear from D-X, starting with Triple H…

Triple H: Are you ready?

Helmsley heads to the corner and goes back to the second rope…

Triple H: I said Omaha… ARE – YOU – READYYYYY!?

Always gets a good pop…

Triple H: Then… for the thousands in attendance… and for the millions watchin’ at home… LLLLLET’S GET READY TOOOOO… SUCK ITTTTT!!

And now the mic gets tossed to Road Dogg…

Road Dogg: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, D-Generation X proudly brings to you, the X – to the P – to the A – to the C, X-PAC!

Big cheer for Pac as he raises his fists in the air…

Road Dogg: And he is joined tonight by the Road Dogg ‘Jesse James’, ‘The Bad Ass’ Billy Gunn, THE NEW – AGE – OUTLAWS!

Little bicep flex from Billy gets a loud squeal from the ladies in the crowd…

Road Dogg: And we are joined by the biggest Mama-jama the world has ever seen, Chyna… and the Triple Hizzle, HUN’ER – HEARST – HELMSLEY!

Quick toss of the mic to Gunn…

Billy Gunn: And if you’re not down with D-Generation X… WE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA’…

”SUCK IT!”

So now the introductions are over with, the mic goes back to Helmsley, who leans against the ropes and stares into the hard camera…

Triple H: Y’know, a lotta times in this line of work, people say ‘It ain’t personal, it’s just business’. But when it comes to D-Generation X and Vince McMahon’s boys… it’s damn personal.

A real intense stare into the camera from Trips there…

Triple H: Ken Shamrock, you and Shawn Michaels are gonna settle things at SummerSlam one way or another. But what’s also gonna happen at SummerSlam, is that me, Road Dogg and Billy, we’re gonna clean up on Vince’s boys put you three assholes back in your places!

Strong words from Helmsley, which draws a “He can’t say that!” from Lawler…

Triple H: ‘Cause as far as D-X is concerned, you four ain’t Vince McMahon’s boys… you’re nothin’ but Vince’s bitches!

And that gets a solid pop from the crowd…

Triple H: And ‘The Deadman’ mighta got to McMahon… but we’re comin’ for the three of you at SummerSlam. But tonight, X-Pac here is gonna show one of what you’ve got comin’ to ya’ when we hit New York City. So whoever it is, get your ass out here so ‘The Kid’ here can kick your teeth straight down your throat!

We get a brief moment of silence… and then…

*GROUNDSHAKER*

The first man out is Steve Blackman, giving a pretty clear indication that it’s he who is answering X-Pac’s call here. But Blackman isn’t alone, he’s followed out by Ken Shamrock, The Big Boss Man and Bart Gunn, the whole group coming down to ringside to try and match D-X’s numbers advantage…

Michael Cole: So it looks like it’s the martial arts expert Steve Blackman who’s been chosen to answer the challenge to face X-Pac here. I gotta admit, Blackman is a real fit to counter X-Pac’s style in the ring, he could be a great choice here.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and if anybody is gonna get their teeth kicked down their throat in this one, it’s gonna be X-Punk!

Match Four:
Steve Blackman
w/ Ken Shamrock, The Big Boss Man and Bart Gunn vs. X-Pac w/ Triple H, The New Age Outlaws and Chyna

In the opening moments, both men try and land kicks, but their martial arts backgrounds mean both are able to avoid the contact. The match finally gets going when Bart nips up onto the apron to distract Pac, but when Blackman charges… X-Pac avoids him… and catches Blackman with a roundhouse kick! Now Pac unloads with kicks to the chest, driving Blackman to the ropes, before going for the Irish whip… leapfrog from X-Pac… then a dropkick! And Blackman quickly rolls from the ring to regroup with his colleagues, while Pac bounces around the ring with a series of crotch chops. We rest and go again, this time with a lockup, Blackman working into a hammerlock then a takedown, looking to keep Pac grounded. Pac fights back to his feet, reaches through to grab a leg and take Blackman down… Blackman kicks out, sending X-Pac to the ropes… and he rebounds with a low-angle dropkick! Blackman is back on his feet, but Pac drives him to the corner with kicks… then a jumping roundhouse! And that leaves Blackman in the perfect spot… BRONCO BUSTER… NO! Boss Man reaches in and drags Blackman to the floor!

And again Blackman confers with his teammates… but here comes X-Pac… SOMERSAULT PLANCHA! Pac wipes out the quartet on the outside, the rest of D-X over to keep a watchful eye as Pac rolls Blackman into the ring… but Shamrock grabs X-Pac… and smacks him with a kick to the face! The ref never saw it, but Triple H did… and he LAUNCHES AT SHAMROCK! It didn’t take long, the brawl is on, the referee desperately trying to keep the two groups apart, and he finally manages to restore some order as they separate to opposite sides of the ring. But while that was going on, Blackman has taking control, punishing Pac with stiff shots to the body and then he starts to target the lower spine with a hard backbreaker for a two count. Blackman continues to target the back, he hits a long vertical suplex for another two count before he drives a knee into the lower back to leave X-Pac across the middle rope… then Blackman crashes down on the spine! And as Pac lays prone on the ropes… Boss Man runs past with a hard right hand! Again D-X protest, the referee trying to keep the match from boiling over again, but Blackman presses on as he shoves X-Pac off the ropes… and smacks him with a bicycle kick! 1… 2… Pac gets a shoulder up!

But X-Pac is in trouble here, Blackman slaps on a chinlock but again drives his knee into the back to apply pressure. But with D-X getting the crowd into things, eventually Pac is able to get back to his feet… he drives elbows to the midsection to create separation… but swings and misses with a roundhouse… and Blackman hits a dragon suplex! X-Pac lands on that surgically repaired neck, Blackman thinks he’s got it won… 1… 2… another kickout! Blackman can’t believe it, he barks at the referee, until he climbs to the second rope and flies… but Pac gets a boot up! A chance for X-Pac to rally, he strikes with kicks to the chest… then a jumping roundhouse! And Blackman is in the spot again… BRONCO BUSTER! X-Pac gets all of it, he waits for Blackman to rise… but Boss Man is on the apron! Another distraction, but this time… Helmsley yanks Boss Man from the apron… and SMACKS HIM WITH A RIGHT HAND! And almost on instinct… THE SIX AT RINGSIDE SLIDE INTO THE RING! The match descends into a mass brawl… and THE REFEREE HAS NO CHOICE, HE CALLS FOR THE BELL!!

Winner: No Contest @ 05:49

It was inevitable given the way the match has gone, but all hell has broken loose here! The brawl is on, Helmsley and Boss Man going at it on the canvas, Road Dogg and Shamrock against the ropes, Billy and Bart trade shots in the corner, the crowd loving the mayhem infront of them. The three pairs continue their fight, but on the outside… Chyna heads to the timekeeper’s desk… yanks him from his seat… and grabs a steel chair! Chyna has a chair in her hand, she slides into the ring… Shamrock and Boss Man see her coming and retreat… but Bart Gunn turns right into her… STEEL CHAIR SHOT TO BART!! Bart eats the steel, and just like that, Chyna brings the chaos to a close, threatening Shamrock and Boss Man if they dare re-enter the ring! Blackman reaches in from the floor and drags Bart to safety, helping him up the ramp to join Shamrock and Boss Man, the four looking to regroup. Shamrock being the maniac he is, he wants to charge back into the ring, but Boss Man holds him back, despite the numerous crotch chops being sent in their direction. In the ring, D-X wave them back to the fight, with The Outlaws helping X-Pac back to his feet, a little groggy after the nightstick shot. Helmsley stands on the ropes, he wants the fight to continue, but Shamrock and company think better of it as they slowly back up the ramp…

Michael Cole: This situation is ready to explode! D-X, they don’t wanna wait for SummerSlam, they want a piece of Mr. McMahon’s associates right here tonight!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Who does Chyna think she is goin’ in there with that chair like that!? She needs to learn her place before somebody takes a swing at her with a chair!

But tonight Chyna has once again proven herself to be a very useful weapon for D-X, the whole group now standing tall and aiming crotch chops up at their adversaries. Shamrock is still looking to go back for more, but he’s restrained by his colleagues, although Boss Man points his nightstick down at the ring in a final show of intent before we cut away.

To see Owen Hart walking backstage, heading for the ring…

Michael Cole: We’ve got one final commercial to take tonight, then we’ll hear from the challenger for the WWF Championship at SummerSlam, Owen Hart! What will ‘The Black Hart’ have to say after the controversial end to his match last Monday on Raw?

And then another quick cut, this time to ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, still sat on that folding chair, watching the show on a monitor, but with a few more empty beer cans on the floor now…

Michael Cole: And you know that ‘The Rattlesnake’ is gonna be listening to every word Owen has to say! We’ll see ya’ when we return to Sunday Night Heat!

*Commercial*

And when we return, we see that Jim Ross is already in the ring, ready for the big interview…

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, in exactly fourteen days from now, we’re gonna be in New York City, in tha’ hallowed grounds of Madison Square Garden, for one o’ tha’ biggest nights in WWF history, SummerSlam 1998.

A very respectful pop for that…

Jim Ross: And in tha’ main event, tha’ WWF Champion ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin will defend tha’ title against tha’ Number One Contender, ‘Tha’ Black Hart’, Owen Hart.

The Omaha fans sound excited for that one…

Jim Ross: But last Monday on Raw, in an attempt ta’ limit tha’ controversy between champion an’ challenger, Shane McMahon made tha’ match, he put Austin an’ Hart together ta’ face Shawn Michaels an’ Triple H of D-Generation X. However… that match did not go as smoothly as Shane had hoped for.

A rueful shake of the head from ‘JR’…

Jim Ross: Not only did Ken Shamrock come through tha’ crowd ta’ attack Shawn Michaels, puttin’ him through tha’ announce desk, but also, Owen Hart made a blind tag just as ‘Stone Cold’ was about ta’ hit tha’ Stunner on Triple H an’ grabbed tha’ pinfall from under Austin’s nose. So right here, I wanna bring Owen Hart out here an’ I wanna ask him what’s goin’ on? Why did ya’ take tha’ win away from ‘Tha’ Rattlesnake’? So let’s bring ‘im out here. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome ta’ tha’ ring… ‘Tha’ Black Hart’… Owen Hart!

*BLACK HART*

And despite the controversy from Raw, Owen Hart gets a solid welcome from the crowd, one which he appreciates as he waves and shakes hands with the ringside crowd. As Owen enters the ring, he has a big smile and handshake for Ross, which ‘JR’ of course reciprocates. We wait for the crowd to die down, before Ross starts to speak…

Jim Ross: Now Owen, I should start ba’ sayin’ that it was you who requested this time here t’night. I know ya’ saw tha’ look on Austin’s face at tha’ end of tha’ match on Raw, I know ya’ hear tha’ controversy all week, tha’ talk about what happened and perhaps more importantly… why it happened.

A slow of the head from Owen and a rub of his hand across his chin…

Jim Ross: So Owen, I’m just gonna cut ta’ tha’ chase here an’ ask ya’. Why? Why did ya’ tag Austin from behind? Why did ya’ feel tha’ need ta’ step in when Austin seemed seconds away from beatin’ Triple H ta’ win tha’ match? I know ‘Stone Cold’ is sat backstage, I know he’s watchin’ this, I know he wants ta’ hear tha’ answer from ya’. So tell us… why?

We take a very brief cut backstage to see ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin is now hunched forward on the chair, ready to listen to every word Hart has to say, before we go back to the ring…

Owen Hart: Well ‘JR’, I’ve heard all week, a lotta people are talkin’ about this like it’s some kind of big problem between myself and ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin. But the truth is… it’s really all very simple.

A slight smirk as Owen takes a deep breath and starts to explain…

Owen Hart: Y’see, it’s true that when I earned the chance to go to SummerSlam to challenge for the WWF Championship, I wasn’t exactly happy about it. I came back to the WWF after my defeat to The Rock at Over The Edge, and I was determined to not get involved in the chase for the WWF Championship. Or any championship for that matter. All I wanted was to make sure I came out here night after night, I gave my very best in the ring for these fans and I sent them home happy.

Hart points to the Omaha faithful in attendance tonight, getting a slight pop as he does so…

Owen Hart: Wins, losses, titles, none of that really mattered to me anymore. All that mattered was that I entertained the people watching live in the arena and the people watching live at home. And I like to think that in every match I’ve had since I returned, I’ve done my best to put on the best performance possible and show the very best sportsmanship I can.

Ross nods along with that sentiment…

Owen Hart: And ever since Fully Loaded, I’m gonna admit, the thought of going to SummerSlam to face ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin for the WWF Championship… well… it’s had me pretty torn, ‘JR’.

Another quick cut backstage to Austin, taking a sip from a beer can, still listening intently to every word Hart has to say…

Owen Hart: Like I’ve said many times now, I’m not that interested in the WWF Championship. I had my opportunities at the start of the year, I challenged Shawn Michaels for the title at both the Royal Rumble and No Way Out, and I came up short on both occasions. And yeah at the time I mighta complained about the decisions being controversial and what have you, but when I look back now… I can hold my hands up and say to ‘HBK’ that on both nights, he was the better man, he deserved to win.

Maybe a slight tinge of regret on Owen’s face there, but he doesn’t dwell on that last comment for long…

Owen Hart: So I was pretty happy and content with the fact that the WWF Championship, that was never gonna happen for me in my career. I’d made my peace with that. But y’know, I’ve heard a lot of what ‘Stone Cold’ has had to say to me these last few weeks. And I might not agree with all of it… I certainly don’t agree with the amount of profanity he uses… but I gotta admit, I’m startin’ to come around to his way of thinkin’.

From beneath his cowboy hat, we see Ross raise his eyebrows in response to that last statement…

Owen Hart: ‘Stone Cold’ said somethin’ on Raw last Monday night that really struck a chord with me. He said it didn’t matter if I didn’t want to be WWF Champion, all that mattered was being in the main even of the biggest SummerSlam pay per view of all time.

The crowd seem to agree as they give a pop…

Owen Hart: And I gotta hand it to Steve… he’s right. It’s the main event of SummerSlam, there’s gonna be twenty thousand people in Madison Square Garden that night, there’s gonna be hundreds of thousands more watching it at home. I don’t owe it to myself to go to the main of SummerSlam and put on a show in that match… but I do owe to those people… and I owe it to ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin.

Another shot of Austin listening on, his eyes narrowing at the monitor infront of him…

Owen Hart: Because it was SummerSlam 1997, one of the darkest nights in my career, when I broke Steve Austin’s neck in the middle of the ring.

A clear show of regret from Owen, he bites his lip and shakes his head ruefully…

Owen Hart: It’s a moment I will never forget… it’s a moment I will never forgive myself for… and if being in the main event of SummerSlam ’98 with ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and putting on the best match we can goes in some small way to repairing the damage I did last summer… then Steve… I’d be happy to do it.

Another pop…

Owen Hart: And when you said that to me at the start of the show last Monday night, that really hit home to me that I was being kinda selfish in not agreeing to the match right away. So I want to publicly say right here, right now, that Owen Hart is more than happy to go to SummerSlam and challenge ‘Stone Cold’ for his WWF Championship!

And another, louder cheer now that Owen is onboard with the SummerSlam main event…

Owen Hart: It’ll be an honour… and a privilege to do so. And I’m really lookin’ forward to it!

A warm smile crosses Owen’s face as he says that…

Owen Hart: And I also wanna thank Shane McMahon for takin’ the decision outta my hands last Monday. I might have hummed and hawed, took forever to make up my mind, but after what Austin had to say, and after Shane tellin’ me I was in the match… then I was all in. I’m ready to go to SummerSlam and put on the best main event match Madison Square Garden has ever seen!

And with a final roar from the Omaha fans, Owen turns and gives them all a wave of appreciation. ‘JR’ isn’t finished though, he brings the mic back to his mouth and again presses the issue…

Jim Ross: Well Owen, that’s certainly great ta’ hear. But I still don’t have an answer to ma’ question. Why did ya’ make tha’ blind tag near tha’ end o’ tha’ match? Why did ya’ interject y’erself inta’ tha’ pinning predicament ta’ get tha’ win when it looked like ‘Stone Cold’ was takin’ care o’ things bah himself?

Hart holds his hands up, nodding in agreement that he’s yet to address that side of things…

Owen Hart: I was just gettin’ to that, ‘JR’. Y’see, having heard what ‘Stone Cold’ and Shane had to say to me, and feelin’ like SummerSlam was the right thing to do for the fans… I really wanted to see me and ‘Stone Cold’ win that match against D-X last Monday night.

’JR’ nods, understanding where Owen is coming from, although Hart now raises a finger, suggesting he has more to add to this situation…

Owen Hart: But you go back and watch that match ‘JR’, there were two times during the match that I stood on that apron and I watched ‘Stone Cold’ try to hit the Stone Cold Stunner on Triple H… only for Triple H to reverse it. It happened once early in the match, then it happened again near the end. Infact, it was just after I saw Austin fail to hit the Stunner for the second time that I had to fly off the top rope with a missile dropkick to save him for Triple H’s Pedigree.

”That’s true ‘King’. That’s how the match unfolded.” chips in Cole…

Owen Hart: And it was after I saved ‘Stone Cold’ from the Pedigree that I decided I wanted in the match, not to steal any glory from my partner, but to make sure we got the victory.

Another look at Austin backstage, he doesn’t look happy with the idea that Owen had to save him last Monday…

Owen Hart: So I made the blind tag, I slapped Austin on the back when he came close to our corner… but I didn’t know he was just seconds away from trying to hit the Stunner for the third time… and on this occasion, he hit it. I had no idea that was gonna happen. All I was concerned about what that he’d tried and failed twice, I just wanted in the match to try and get the win for us.

A mixed response from the fans, not sure how to take this from Owen…

Owen Hart: And having made that blind tag… I was now the legal man. Triple H was down, I mean when Austin caught him with that Stunner, it was over. But I was the legal man, the referee wasn’t gonna count for Steve… so I had to get in there and go for the cover.

It’s as if Owen is pleading with the fans, and ‘JR’, to believe him and that he had the best intentions in his decision on Monday…

Owen Hart: And I swear ‘JR’, that’s all it was. I wasn’t tryin’ to take anything away from ‘Stone Cold’, he did the hard bit, he finally hit that Stunner on Triple H. But I made the tag and I had to follow through, I had to get the pinfall to get the win for our team.

”He’s got a point there, Cole. Owen was the legal man, he didn’t have time to make another tag!” claims Lawler…

Owen Hart: But I know that after the match, it was pretty clear Steve wasn’t happy with me. And I can understand that. And there’s been a lotta talk this week, people sayin’ I did it on purpose, but that really wasn’t the case. All that happened was that I watched Steve try and fail to hit the Stunner on Triple H on two occasions, I wasn’t sure if it was gonna happen for him, I just wanted to make sure we got the win.

Again, Owen seems very sincere, but the crowd aren’t all that convinced right now…

Owen Hart: So Steve, to prove to you that there’s no ulterior motives, I’d like to ask you to come out here right now so I can apologise to you man to man, face to face.

We cut backstage, Austin is now sat bolt upright, he’s hearing every word Hart is saying right now…

Owen Hart: Now let’s be clear here Steve, I’m not callin’ you out or anythin’ like that. I’m just askin’ you to come out here, stand across from me in this ring, shake my hand, let’s put this whole mess behind us and let’s go into SummerSlam and put on one heck of a match for the great WWF fans!

A pop from the fans, then we go back to the locker room, where Austin… slams his beer can down onto the floor… and then storms to his feet… and bursts out the door! Austin is on his way to the ring!

Michael Cole: Well it looks like ‘Stone Cold’ is on his way out here, ‘King’. What d’ya think? Is he gonna shake Owen Hart’s hand here?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: If he does he’s an even bigger idiot than I thought he was! I’m not buyin’ this goody two shoes stuff, not for a second!

So we wait… and wait a little longer… Owen looks up at the stage… and then…

*GLASS SHATTERS!*

*HELL FROZEN OVER*

An almighty roar from the fans as ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin steps into the arena, heading for the ring to give Owen the showdown he asked for…

Michael Cole: Here he comes! The WWF Champion ‘Stone Cold’ Ste- HEY!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What the…!?

Out of nowhere, Austin is hammered from behind…

BY SOUTHERN JUSTICE!!??

What the hell is this!? Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight have hit the stage and they’ve clobbered ‘Stone Cold’ from behind, with Tennessee Lee there to hand out the orders. Canterbury and Knight pound Austin on the metal stage, laying in with a flurry of boots and fists, dealing a real beating to the WWF Champion, the crowd stunned and booing loudly at what they’re seeing…

Michael Cole: ‘King’, what’s goin’ on!? Southern Justice, they’re attacking the WWF Champion! Why!?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I don’t know, but I wanna know what Owen Hart’s thinkin’ about all this right now!?

Indeed in the ring, Owen has spotted the chaos going on up on the ramp, he looks as shocked as the crowd are right now, unsure of what to do…

Michael Cole: Why isn’t Owen helping Austin?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Maybe he paid Southern Justice to do it! I knew it all along, the good guy stuff was all an act!

Owen thinks about leaving the ring to get involved, but he hesitates… which leads to ‘JR’ yelling at him, pleading with Hart to help Austin… Owen thinks for a second… then he dives through the ropes! Hart races up the ramp, coming to Austin’s rescue… but Lee spots Owen coming… and he calls off his boys! Knight and Canterbury back away, just as Owen reaches the scene, the Southern Justice trio backing away to the curtain, big smirks on their faces as they slink backstage. Owen stands guard for a few seconds, his fist clenched, ready for a sneak return, before he drops down to check on ‘Stone Cold’…

Michael Cole: What the hell was that all about!? Southern Justice have just assaulted the WWF Champion! But why!? Has somebody paid Southern Justice to attack ‘Stone Cold’ here tonight!?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Forget somebody, it was Owen! It had to be!

But it doesn’t look like it was Owen as he and a few referees that came out drop down to check on the fallen champion, a stern look on Hart’s face as the camera focuses in on him. Owen looks seriously angry about what’s just happened here, he tries to help Austin back to his feet, only for the WWF Champion to show away the hand of support Owen offers. Austin is still down on the stage, grabbing his neck and the back of his head, with Hart shaking his head at the scene before him…

Michael Cole: What is the meaning of this!? Why have Southern Justice assaulted the WWF Champion!? Has somebody paid Southern Justice to attack Austin here tonight!?

You’d assume that to be the case, but who that someone is will have to wait until Raw tomorrow night, as we take a final look at Owen, a look of anger and concern on his face, before the camera pans back down to Austin, referees still checking on him as we fade… to… black.

*End Show*

Current Card for WWF SummerSlam 1998:
Date: August 30th, 1998

WWF Championship Match:
WWF Champion ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart

Street Fight:
Ken Shamrock vs. Shawn Michaels

Grudge Match:
The Rock vs. The Undertaker

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Triple H and The New Age Outlaws vs. The Big Boss Man, Bart Gunn and Steve Blackman

Intercontinental Championship Submission Match:
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Tazz

World Tag Team Championships Match:
World Tag Team Champions The Heritage vs. Al Snow and Mankind

European Championship Match:
European Champion Tiger Ali Singh vs. X-Pac

Intergender Tag Team Match:
’Marvellous’ Marc Mero and Ivory vs. Val Venis and Sable

Grudge Match:
Gangrel vs. Dustin Runnels

iMac

Reaction score
WWF Raw is War
August 17th, 1998
Iowa Events Center
Des Moines, Iowa

The show opens to the sight of an irate ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin stomping around backstage carrying a tire iron! The crowd in the arena give a big pop for the WWF Champion, but ‘The Rattlesnake’ looks in a foul mood tonight as he rears back and swings at a water cooler, sending the contents of the cooler spilling across the floor…

Jim Ross: Welcome ta’ Raw folks! There ya’ see tha’ WWF Champion ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, he’s here t’night an’ he’s in a helluva mood! ‘Tha’ Rattlesnake’ was assaulted last night on Sunday Night Heat by Southern Justice and he wants blood here t’night ‘King’!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Well somebody needs to go back there and stop ‘im! They can’t let that maniac run around backstage with that tire iron!

But that’s exactly what Austin is doing as he barges doors open and looks inside, then barks out at some random backstage workers…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Where’s those rat bastards Southern Justice at!?

But the workers all cower and turn away, not wanting to engage with the champion…

Jim Ross: Gawd ‘King’, I shudder ta’ think what Austin’s gonna do if he finds Southern Justice an’ Tennessee Lee.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah but who d’ya think paid for ‘em to attack Austin last night? Who put up the money?

Hopefully we’ll get the answer to that at some point tonight ‘King’, but for now, Austin continues his search, finding another random backstage worker to confront, only this time, Austin grabs the guy by his collar, causing him to tremble with fear…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Southern Justice! Tennessee Lee! You seen those sorry sons o’ bitches t’night!?

The worker is too scared to speak, he just shakes his head, prompting Austin to shove him aside. Austin continues along the backstage area, and then he approaches another backstage lurker… Duane Gill! The scrawny newcomer to the WWF stands before ‘The Rattlesnake’ looking as fearful as the previous people Austin has accosted, but it seems like the WWF Champion has no idea who Gill is…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Hey you! Ya’ seen Southern Justice anywhere t’night?

Duane Gill: Uh, no. No, sir. Ain’t seem ‘em.

Just as Austin looks to move on, he pauses, a curious look on his face…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: What’s y’er name there, son?

Duane Gill: Well I’m Duane Gill!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Duane Gill? An’ y’er new round here, right?

Duane Gill: That’s right!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: An’ ya’ ain’t got no clue where Southern Justice is t’night?

Duane Gill: Sorry Mr. Austin, I ain’t seen ‘em.

Austin pauses, nodding slowly… then he SMACKS GILL WITH THE TIRE IRON! A mindless attack, but Austin starts to take his frustrations out on Gill drilling him in the midsection with the tire iron, then across the spine… before he hurls Gill into a nearby concrete wall! The helpless Gill is left down and out, writhing and groaning in agony, with Austin now storming off as the camera stays focused on the grounded Gill…

Jim Ross: Ma’ Gawd! I’ve never seen ‘Stone Cold’ as angry as he is right now! An’ I think he’s on his way out here!

Let’s find out as we fade away from Gill to black.

And then into the usual Raw opening video, before we head into the arena for the pyro and ballyhoo. As we tour the crowd, we get a more formal welcome to the show from Jim Ross and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler

Jim Ross: Welcome ev’ryone ta’ Raw is War on a night when tha’ WWF Champion ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin is on tha’ hunt lookin’ for revenge! I’m good ol’ ‘JR’, Jim Ross, alongside Jerry ‘Tha’ King’ Lawler, an’ ‘King’ we’ve already seen that Austin is on tha’ warpath here t’night!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: We need security or police officers or maybe the National Guard! We can’t have that lunatic Austin runnin’ around with a damn tire iron hittin’ anybody that gets in his way!

Jim Ross: Well it was last night on Sunday Night Heat as I interviewed Owen Hart that when Owen asked ‘Stone Cold’ ta’ come down ta’ tha’ ring ta’ apologise for what happened last week on Raw that Austin was assaulted from behind ba’ Southern Justice. An’ Austin is out for blood here t’night in Des Moines, Iowa!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and if ya’ ask me it was pretty suspicious that as soon as Owen called out ‘Stone Cold’, Southern Justice were lyin’ in wait ready to-

*GLASS SHATTERS!*

*HELL FROZEN OVER*

Let’s leave the speculation for now ‘King’ as ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin is wasting no time in heading for the ring! Marching down the ramp, Austin is still carrying that tire iron in one hand, while in the other hand, he’s acquired a cooler of beers! As Austin slides into the ring, he places the cooler down and then the tire iron on top, before he heads to the corner and demands a microphone…

Jim Ross: Well here he comes, an’ it looks like Austin is bringin’ a beer or two with ‘im!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Aw great, that’s the last thing we need! Not only is he in a bad mood, now he’s gonna be an angry drunk with a tire iron!

Austin snatches the mic and then starts pacing the ring, waiting for the roar of the crowd to die down before he speaks…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Last night on Sunday Night Heat, those two rat bastards Canterbury an’ Knight from Southern Justice jumped me from behind wit’ their boy Tennessee Lee cheerin’ ‘em on. So I came ta’ Monday Night Raw t’night, an’ I want some damn answers! I wanna know where those three sorry sons o’ bitches are, an’ I wanna know who paid ‘em ta’ jump me like that an’ I wanna know how much it cost ‘em! An’ believe me, without a shadow of a doubt, I don’t give a rat’s ass how much they got paid, it ain’t gonna be worth it once I’m through wit’ ‘em!

The boisterous crowd give Austin a loud pop for that statement…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: I don’t give a damn if I gotta wait all night, I got a cooler o’ beer right here, I’ll sit ma’ ass down an’ drink each an’ ev’ry last one of ‘em, but I ain’t goin’ nowhere ‘til I get some damn answers!

Pausing near the ropes, Austin points the tire iron up at the entrance way…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: So Tennessee Lee, drag y’er sorry ass out here, bring y’er boys Canterbury an’ Knight wit’ ya’, I’ve got a damn tire iron right here wit’ y’er name on it!

Austin again stares up the ramp at the stage, but there’s still no sign of any of member of Southern Justice making their way out here…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Hell, gimme a damn chair! I ain’t goin’ nowhere ‘til those rat bastards come out here!

Austin gestures to the timekeeper to pass him over a chair, a request which is quickly adhered to. Austin then sets the chair up in the centre of the ring, reaching down into his cooler to grab another can of beer, which he snaps open and starts to drink…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What is this idiot doin’!? Doesn’t he know we’ve got a show to do tonight!?

Jim Ross: Well why don’t ya’ go up there an’ tell’ ‘im that, ‘King’?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What, d’ya think I’ve got a death wish or somethin’!?

Jim Ross: Yeah, that’s what I thought…

So… we have a stand off! Austin seems quite contempt to just sit in his chair and sip beer, the crowd strangely cheering for the lack of action right now. ‘The Rattlesnake’ finishes off that first can and now grabs another one, snapping it open… but just as he goes to start sipping, the crowd starts to jeer… as Gerald Brisco, Pat Patterson and Sgt. Slaughter head down the ramp! Vince McMahon’s cronies are heading for the ring, which prompts Austin to rise from his chair and bark…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: I came out here lookin’ for three jackasses, but you ain’t tha’ three jackasses I want!

The veteran trio don’t look in the mood for Austin’s wisecracks, but they’re very careful as they step through the ropes to confront him, with Slaughter asking for a microphone…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Before you say a damn word, I meant what I said. I want Tennessee Lee an’ ‘is boys out here an’ I ain’t goin’ nowhere ‘til I get ‘em! So if y’er out here ta’ ask me ta’ leave so ya’ can get on wit’ tha’ show, all there o’ ya’ can kiss ma’ ass!

And as you’d expect, that gets a big pop from the Iowa crowd…

Sgt. Slaughter: Listen Austin, you puke! You slime! We don’t know anything about what happened to you last night on Heat with Southern Justice. Now don’t get us wrong, we enjoyed seeing it! But we don’t know anything about why it happened… or who paid for it to take place.

A suspicious look crosses Austin’s face…

Sgt’ Slaughter: But what we do know is that right now, you’re not on the run sheet. This time is not scheduled for you to be out here. So we’re not out here to give you any answers as to what took place on Sunday Night Heat. But what we are out here for is to get you out of this ring so we can get on with tonight’s show!

The crowd jeer, with Austin smirking and shaking his head as he paces back and forth…

Sgt. Slaughter: So Austin, pick up these empty beer cans, take your cooler and get out of this ring! And that’s… an order!

Again Austin smirks, looking to the crowd, who are more than happy to cheer him on in any thoughts of making this confrontation physical…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well hell, ya’ come out here, tell me ya’ don’t know nothin’ ‘bout what happened last night… if I didn’t know any better, I’d say maybe it was y’er boy Vince who was behind tha’ damn thing!

The crowd roar in agreement, but Patterson and Brisco both get pretty dramatic as they wave their hands to indicate Austin is wrong…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: It mighta been Tha’ Undertaker who took ‘im out, but don’t think I forgot ‘bout that stupid bastard! I know he’s sittin’ at home up their in Stanford watchin’ all this, he’s got tha’ money ta’ pull tha’ damn strings an’ put a hit out like last night on me!

”He can’t accuse Mr. McMahon of that, there’s not a shred of evidence!” quips Lawler…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: But if tha’ best McMahon can do is Southern Justice an’ you three sorry sons o’ bitches, well hell, I’ll open up a can o’ whup ass on each an’ ev’ry damn one o’ ya’!

The three McMahon cronies look very apprehensive about this, especially as Austin points the tire iron towards them. But eventually, Patterson finds the gumption to take the microphone from Slaughter to address the WWF Champion…

Pat Patterson: Who do you thinks you ares, Austin? Huh!? Who do you thinks you ares!?

That causes Austin to stop in his tracks, eyes wide open, wondering where Patterson is going to take this…

Pat Patterson: How dares you! How dares you accuse a great man like Mr. McMahon of something likes that! Mr. McMahon is resting in his mansion in Connecticut, he had nothings to do with what happened to yous last night!

Brisco nods along and barks “That’s right!” at Austin…

Pat Patterson: Now we are not out here tonights on behalf of Mr. McMahon… we are out here tonights on behalf of Shane McMahon. He has put together one heck of a show tonights, and you are nots on it!

That gets heat from the crowd, who clearly came here to see Austin compete tonight…

Pat Patterson: After what happened to you last night, Shane McMahon very kindly agreeds to give you the night off to recovers from your injury! And what thanks does he gets!? You comes out here and accuses his Father of paying Southern Justices to assault you! How dares you!

Patterson is starting to feel a little braver and bolder now, he puffs out his chest and starts pointing at Austin…

Pat Patterson: Now we haves a show to put on and you are not part of it! Southern Justices are not here right now and neither should you be!

Slaughter and Brisco smuggle nod over Patterson’s shoulder, with Austin smirking and scratching his head at what he’s just heard, a rather put on display of confusion from the WWF Champion…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: So lemme make sure I’m hearin’ ya’ right. Y’er tellin’ me that Tennessee Lee an’ Southern Justice, they ain’t made it to tha’ arena yet t’night? Is that right?

More nodding in agreement from the stooges…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: An’ y’er tellin’ me that Vince McMahon, he ain’t got nothin’ ta’ do wit’ happened ta’ me last night?

Again, the veteran trio agree, with Austin slowly nodding and rubbing a hand across his chin…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: An’ y’er tellin’ me that Shane McMahon, because Southern Justice jumped me from behind last night, I ain’t got a match t’night an’ he’s given me tha’ night off. Have I got that right?

More nodding from Patterson, with Austin pausing, thinking things over, almost choosing his words carefully…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well hell… I didn’t come all tha’ way ta’ Des Moines, Iowa ta’ just sit on ma’ ass an’ do nothin’ all night. So if I can’t get Southern Justice right now, then I guess I’m gonna take ma’ beer cooler, take that chair an’ this tire iron here… an’ I might as well take ma’ ass backstage an’ let ya’ll get on wit’ tha’ show.

Uh, well, we weren’t expecting that. A moment of reason from ‘The Rattlesnake’, which gets him lots of nods and thumbs up from the stooges…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Now I’ll let ya’ get on wit’ tha’ show… but I’m gonna sit ma’ ass down at tha’ entrance ta’ tha’ parkin’ lot, an’ I’m gon’ get those three sorry bastards tha’ second they get here t’night!

And that’s got the crowd back on board…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: I don’t give a rat’s ass if I gotta sit in this ring all night or I gotta sit backstage all night, I’ll wait as long as it damn takes ta’ get ma’ hands on ‘em! But ya’ bet y’er ass, tha’ longer I sit backstage an’ tha’ more beer I drink, tha’ worse tha’ beatin’ those three rat bastards are gonna get once I get ma’ hands on ‘em!

And again the fans cheer their approval, although the stooges shake their heads and ask for restraint from the champion…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: An’ when they get ta’ this arena, I’m gonna beat tha’ livin’ hell outta all three of ‘em! An’ as for that sorry sunnova bitch Tennessee Lee, I’m gon’ stick ma’ boot so far up ‘is ass, he ain’t gonna have a damn choice but ta’ gimme tha’ name of whoever paid ‘em ta’ jump me last night!

The pacing stops, now Austin stands across from Patterson, Brisco and Slaughter and very firmly points a finger at them…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: An’ tha’ three o’ ya’ better look me in tha’ eye right now. When I beat Tennessee Lee ta’ within an inch of his damn life, when he gives up tha’ name, if that name happens ta’ be Vince McMahon… well hell, seein’ as Vince ain’t here right now, I’m gonna take it on you three bastards instead!

So the crowd roar again, they want to see Austin get a piece of someone here, but while Patterson and Slaughter plead and motion for calm, the bold Brisco snatches the mic from Patterson…

Gerald Brisco: Now you listen here, Austin! You don’t scare us! You can’t threaten us like that! And there ain’t no way you’re gonna threaten Mr. Mack-man like that an’ get away with it!

Austin raises his eyebrows, listening intently to what Brisco has to say…

Gerald Brisco: So why don’t you just stop runnin’ your mouth, get on outta tha’ ring an’ let us get on with tha’ show!?

The crowd don’t like it, but Austin doesn’t seem too fussed, he holds up his hands and nods…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Alright. I hear ya’. But can I have a second or two here ta’ get all ma’ gear t’gether here?

Austin motions for calm with his hands as he places the microphone down on the mat and starts to bend down to pick up his cooler… but quick as a cat, Austin strikes… KICK… STUNNER! STUNNER TO BRISCO!!

You just knew Austin was going to get somebody here, and it’s Brisco who suffers his wrath! Austin starts on top of the fallen veteran, throwing a ton of trash talk his way, before the champion bursts back to his feet and starts jawing at Patterson and Slaughter, who both keep their distance as they yell back. Austin grabs another can of beer before he heads to the corner, toasting the crowd and giving them the two-finger salute before he chugs the beer, the fans loving it…

Jim Ross: Ya’ just knew it was gonna happen! Austin came out here wantin’ Southern Justice, he got Vince McMahon’s associates, an’ they pushed ‘Tha’ Rattlesnake’ one step too far!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: We gotta get some help out here for Brisco! And I know Mr. McMahon is already on the phone to his lawyer after all those accusations!

Brisco is down and out, Patterson and Slaughter dropping down to check on him, while Austin drops down from the turnbuckle, a big smirk on his face as he looks down on the fallen stooge who pushed him too far. Austin decides he’s seen enough for now and heads to the ropes and starts up the ramp, when we hear…

*ROUGH ROCK*

Seeing as we were keen to get on with the show, ’Marvellous’ Marc Mero and Ivory are already on their way out here, ready for the first match of the evening. Austin pauses halfway up the ramp as Mero heads towards him, with Mero looking a little cautious as he and ‘The Rattlesnake’ cross paths. Mero readies himself for some kind of conflict, while Austin just smirks and looks Mero, then Ivory, up and down… and FLIPS MERO AND IVORY THE DOUBLE BIRD! The champion isn’t the mood for any crap from anybody tonight, as soon as he delivers his message to Mero he stomps up the ramp, leaving the furious Mero and Ivory to head for the ring, with Mero talking trash at Austin behind the champion’s back…

Jim Ross: What a night this is gonna be! Austin is out for revenge, he wants Southern Justice! But right now, we’ve got Marc Mero an’ tha’ excitin’ newcomer Darren Drozdov! It’s Mero an’ ‘Droz’ comin’ up, don’t go anywhere!

*Commercial*

We return to Mero and Ivory in the ring, then we quickly hear…

*PIERCED*

A pretty solid pop for the recently-debuted Darren Drozdov. ‘Droz’ looks confident as he strides down the ramp, ahead of the biggest test of his young career so far…

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks. There ya’ see Darren Drozdov, a young man who had a pretty impressive debut last week here in tha’ WWF as he took on Miguel Perez Jr. of Los Boricuas. But tonight he’s got a real step up in tha’ shape o’ Marc Mero.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and he’s about to get a lesson in what this business is all about tonight. This isn’t the NFL, this is the WWF and ‘The Marvellous One’ is gonna take this punk to school right here!

Match One:
Darren Drozdov
vs. ’Marvellous’ Marc Mero w/ Ivory

In the early moments of the match, Mero does indeed school Drozdov, taking the newcomer down with a string of armdrags and hiptosses. But Mero’s arrogance gets the better of him as he brags to Ivory… and eats a right hand for his troubles! ‘Droz’ goes on the attack, he drills rights then shoots Mero off the ropes… jumping shoulderblock! Droz stays on the attack, drilling forearms to the side of the head, before he again goes for the Irish whip… into a back body drop! Mero is reeling, he stumbles to the ropes… and Drozdov clotheslines him over the top to the floor! Mero looks to regroup with Ivory, but ‘Droz’ wants to stay on him, heading outside to grab Mero by the hair… and smash his face into the ring apron! ‘Droz’ then rolls Mero back into the ring, but Ivory has to have her say, she and Drozdov trading words… and that gives Mero a chance to recover, he comes off the ropes… catches Drozdov with a baseball slide! We’re back outside again, this time Mero grabs ‘Droz’ by the wrist and rears back… Irish whip… sends ‘Droz’ into the ringsteps! A painful collision for Drozdov, and Mero then gets ‘Droz’ back into the ring for a near fall.

Mero has control now, teeing off on Drozdov with stinging left jabs, while looking to work over the shoulder that crashed into the steel. Mero gets ‘Droz’ down, aiming stomps to the arm, wringing it across the top rope and dropping Drozdov with a single-arm DDT. Mero then distracts the referee, allowing Ivory to sneak in a cheap slap to the face, before Mero plants ‘Droz’ to the mat, heads to the apron… to land a slingshot legdrop! Mero hooks the leg… but ‘Droz’ kicks out at two. Mero continues his attack, more left jabs land, before he shoots Drozdoz to the corner and follows in… into a boot! Mero shakes it off and charges again… but ‘Droz’ bursts from the corner with a hard clothesline! A chance for Drozdov to attack, he lands rights and kicks before he sends Mero off the ropes… snap powerslam! 1… 2… Mero gets a shoulder up, but ‘Droz’ is rolling, he drills more stomps to the body then goes for the Irish whip… Mero reverses… but Drozdov ducks a clothesline… bridging German suplex! 1… 2… Mero barely kicks out! ‘Droz’ has all the momentum, he lands more rights, before going for the Irish whip… Mero reverses again… this time Ivory grabs ‘Droz’ by the foot!

Drozdov puts on the breaks to yell at Ivory… but that lets Mero attack… dropkick sends ‘Droz’ over the top rope to the floor! In the ring, Mero starts jawing with the referee, while on the outside, Drozdov and Ivory start getting into it again… which means ‘Droz’ doesn’t see Los Boricuas race down the ramp! Miguel Perez Jr., Jesus Castillo Jr. and Jose Estrada Jr. sprint to the ringside area… and hammer ‘Droz’ from behind! ‘Droz’ beat Perez last week, and now the Puerto Rican trio have come for revenge as they smash ‘Droz’ with a flurry of boots, the referee seeing nothing until he conveniently turns as Los Boricuas disappear… and starts the count! The referee is counting… Drozdov is still down and out on the floor… he gets to 7… 8… 9… ‘Droz’ tries to get back up… 10! It’s too late! The referee calls for the bell!

Winner: Via Countout, ‘Marvellous’ Marc Mero @ 04:28

What a cheap way for Drozdov to be handed his first defeat in the WWF, all thanks to Los Boricuas. And of course, upon hearing the bell ring, Mero drops to his knees and thrusts his fists in the air in victory, celebrating like he just won a major championship or something. Mero is delighted, he jumps back up to share a hug with Ivory, while on the outside, ‘Droz’ is starting to pick himself back to his feet… and he is furious! He looks at Mero celebrating like a goof in the ring with a scowl on his face, then he turns and looks up the ramp… and starts to sprint backstage! Clearly Drozdov is going after Los Boricuas, he looks enraged and determined to get his hands on them, while in the ring, Mero continues to jump around and celebrate the win…

Jim Ross: Well that’s a damn shame right there. Drozdov was looking good right there until those damn Boricuas got involved!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Well I guess that was a little payback for ‘Droz’ embarrassing Los Boricuas last week. He got what he deserved if ya’ ask me!

As ‘Droz’ disappears behind the curtain, we cut back to the ring, where Ivory has grabbed a microphone…

Ivory: Hey Sable! I know you’re back there you cheap skank! I just want you to know somethin’. Y’see, we’ve all seen your little videos of you workin’ out at the gym and in the ring. But let me tell you somethin’… none of that impresses me, you whore!

Whoa. That gets a gasp from the fans…

Ivory: You might think these little videos are there to show how much better you’ve gotten in the ring, but the reality is that you’re nothin’ but a pretty face on top of a fake body!

And the males in the audience don’t mind that one bit as they roar their approval…

Ivory: And while these perverts in the crowd might be into that kind of thing, it doesn’t impress me one bit! Just like what you and that moron Val had to say on Sunday Night Heat last night didn’t impress me either!

Mero has a little sneer and a chuckle at that dig at Val…

Ivory: You did get one thing right last night, I am a much bigger threat than Sunny was back at WrestleMania. But what you got wrong was thinking that you didn’t need to worry about me! You think you could pin Marc’s shoulders to the mat? Not a chance! You’re not gonna get anywhere near pinnin’ Marc’s shoulders to the mat once I get my hands on you!

And again Mero likes what he’s hearing, doing a little shadow boxing over Ivory’s shoulder…

Ivory: And I’m gonna prove once and for all that all you are is stupid, blonde bimbo who doesn’t belong anywhere near a wrestling ring!

But then…

*WILDCAT*

It seems like Sable had heard enough as she steps out onto the stage with Val Venis! With a mic in her hand and a furious scowl on her face, Sable looks ready to tear Ivory apart, but Val places an arm across her, keeping her in check and reminding her to play it cool as she speaks…

Sable: Listen Ivory, I don’t know what you think this match at SummerSlam is gonna be like, but let me promise you one thing. If you think I’m just a pretty face as you put it… then you’re wrong. Damn wrong!

The crowd cheer for Sable’s intensity, but Mero and Ivory both smirk and laught it off…

Sable: I can get down and dirty with the best of ‘em! I’m not afraid if things break down into a fight! And if I need to go through you to get to Marc… then so be it. I’ve beat you before at Fully Loaded and I’ll gladly do it again at SummerSlam!

That comment about Fully Loaded really strikes a chord with Ivory as she snarls and fires back…

Ivory: Listen you tramp! You didn’t beat me back at Fully Loaded! I got distracted by Val and his… y’know… he distracted me and lured me into the showers! I wasn’t one hundred percent focused that night! But at SummerSlam, there’s no distractions, no takin’ my eye off the ball. You’re gonna get what’s comin’ to you and I’m gonna enjoy every second of it!

Sable turns and gives a knowing look at Val, who smirks and gives his thumb a little lick…

Ivory: Infact… once I get my hands you at SummerSlam, all these perverts in the crowd aren’t gonna wanna cheer you once I’m finished with that face of yours!

But the jeers from the fans suggest that isn’t true…

Sable: Y’know Ivory, if I didn’t know any better… I’d say you were startin’ to sound a little jealous at all the attention I get from the fans.

Again the crowd cheer, with Ivory and Mero yelling at them to shut up…

Sable: Y’see I’m not just all about image and appearance. I can fight just as good as any other women here in the WWF. And y’know what? I’m more than happy to prove it to ya’ tonight!

Now we’re getting into things, and the volume from the crowd intensifies in anticipation…

Ivory: Are you crazy? You want a match with me tonight!?

Sable: Oh I don’t just want a match with you Ivory… I want a fight!

A big roar for that, but Ivory looks concerned at where Sable is going with this…

Sable: Let’s see who can really get down and dirty when it counts. How ‘bout you and me tonight… in a Bra and Panties Match!?

What a pop! The Des Moines faithful, especially the males in the crowd, absolutely love the sound of that, although Mero immediately starts waving his hands no…

Sable: You wanna tear my face part at SummerSlam? That’s fine with me. But tonight? I’m gonna tear every inch of clothes off your body!

And another roar, with Mero continuing to motion for a negative response. Ivory though is thinking it over, telling Mero to relax…

Ivory: Oh yeah, sure. All you creeps out there, you’d just love to see Sable strip me down to my bra and panties wouldn’t you!?

”I think they’d rather see you strip Sable down, Ivory!” quips Lawler…

Ivory: You want a Bra and Panties Match Sable? You got it, you’re on!

And the crowd rejoices! And Lawler lets out a yelp of delight, while Mero can’t help but hide his annoyance at Ivory agreeing to this…

Ivory: But not only am I gonna tear the clothes off your back… I’m gonna tear that pretty face of yours apart too!

A little smirk from Sable, before she looks to wrap things up…

Sable: I bet you’d like that Ivory. And I bet all these people would love to see me in my bra and panties too!

Again, yes. The crowd is very much on board with this…

Sable: But let’s get one thing clear. Tonight, I’m gonna strip you off your clothes. But at SummerSlam… I’m gonna strip you of your dignity! And that goes to you Ivory… and to you too, Marc!

*WILDCAT*

So there you have it, Sable and Ivory are set to meet in a Bra and Panties Match later tonight, and the crowd can’t hide their excitement at the thought of it! In the ring, Ivory makes a few threatening gestures in Sable’s direction, despite Mero’s pleas for her not to go through with the match. On the stage, Sable and Val share a smirk, before they turn and start to head backstage…

Jim Ross: Are you kiddin’ me!? A Bra and Panties Match here tonight? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a match like that!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: ‘JR’, I… I can’t…

Jim Ross: Are ya’ alright, ‘King’?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I can’t believe it! Bra and panties! Sable in her bra and panties! Oh my God! D’ya think they need a referee for that match!? I mean c’mon, I did all those interviews with Tajiri for weeks, somebody backstage owes me one!

We take a final look at the ring, where Mero continues to protest to Ivory over the prospect of the match, before we cut backstage.

To see Kevin Kelly standing outside a dressing room door… that reads ‘OWEN HART’ across it!

Jim Ross: Well later on t’night, we’re gonna see somebody stripped down to their bra an’ panties! But after the commercial, Kevin Kelly is gonna speak wit’ Owen Hart! Don’t go anywhere, folks!

*Commercial*

And we return to see that Owen Hart is now standing outside the dressing room with Kelly, ready to answer some questions…

Kevin Kelly: Owen Hart, last night on Sunday Night Heat you were in the ring for an interview with Jim Ross when you asked ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin to join you in the ring to discuss what happened last week on Raw during our main event. Now on his way to the ring, ‘Stone Cold’ was attacked by Southern Justice, and almost immediately suspicions started to be raised as to who was behind the assault.

Owen drops his usual smile and raises an eyebrow, wondering where Kelly is going with this line of questioning...

Kevin Kelly: Now Owen, one of the first names as mentioned by Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler on commentary last night was… your name, Owen. And it was also noticed that when Austin was being assaulted by Canterbury and Knight… you hesitated before you finally intervened.

A wry smile and a shake of the head from Owen…

Kevin Kelly: So Owen, is there anything you’d like to say in response to the finger of suspicion being pointed at you? Were you involved in the assault of ‘Stone Cold’ by Southern Justice last night?

Owen paused, choosing his response carefully, before he has another shake of the head…

Owen Hart: Well Kevin, and it’s great to see you by the way, I can honestly say, with a hand on my heart, that I had absolutely nothing to do with Southern Justice attacking ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin on Sunday Night Heat last night. I don’t know why ‘Stone Cold’ was assaulted like that, I don’t know who was behind it, but it certainly had nothing to do with me.

Kelly nods along with Hart, he seems convinced by the sincerity in which Owen speaks…

Owen Hart: Now as for Jerry Lawler laying the blame for it at my door, I’d like to clear up a few things from last night. I wasn’t calling Austin out for an argument or a fight. I just wanted to talk to him to clear the air after what happened in our tag match last week. I can guarantee that I didn’t call ‘Stone Cold’ out so that Southern Justice could jump him from behind, or whatever else Lawler was tryin’ to insinuate.

Hart was starting to get a little heated as he said that, but he pauses and quickly recomposes himself…

Owen Hart: As for why I hesitated when Austin was attacked? Well the truth is Kevin… I was shocked. I was caught off-guard. I had no idea what was goin’ on, I didn’t know why Southern Justice were out there… and I froze for a second or two. But as soon as I snapped out of it, I ran up the ramp to help ‘Stone Cold’ and chased Southern Justice away.

A little shrug of the shoulders from Owen, perhaps a tinge of regret that he didn’t get involved sooner…

Owen Hart: I don’t really know what else to tell ya’, Kevin. I got a lot of respect for ‘Stone Cold’, he’s been a great WWF Champion, I’m really lookin’ forward to our match at SummerSlam. But as for last night? I don’t have any idea who paid off Southern Justice, but I sure hope Austin finds out who was soon, because-

But just like that, Owen stops dead in his tracks… and slowly entering from off-camera… is ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin! A big pop from inside the arena as the WWF Champion enters the shot, stepping right into Austin’s face. With that tire iron from earlier still in his hand, Austin cuts a menacing figure infront of Hart, with Owen offering Austin a handshake to try and diffuse things… but ‘Stone Cold’ just stares at Owen’s hand for a few seconds, before looking him dead in the eye…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: You’re tellin’ me you didn’t have nothin’ ta’ do wit’ that last night? You ain’t got no idea who paid off Southern Justice?

Hart retracts his handshake offer and slowly shakes his head…

Owen Hart: I’m sorry, Steve. I really don’t.

As we know, Austin has a hard time trusting anybody, and the look he’s giving Owen just now suggests he doesn’t trust him either…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well I guess I’m just gonna have ta’ go wait in tha’ parkin’ lot wit’ this damn tire iron here and beat it outta Southern Justice when they get here, ain’t I?

Another pop from inside the arena as Austin holds the tire iron up in threatening fashion…

Owen Hart: Well… listen Steve, I really hope you find out who’s behind all this. But uh… just don’t do anythin’ you’re gonna regret. Alright?

There’s a smirk on Austin’s face upon hearing that from Hart…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well hell Owen, I ain’t gonna regret a damn thing. But y’er damn sure that when I’m through wit’ ‘em, Southern Justice are gonna regret takin’ that job last night.

Austin decides to bring this interview to a close as he walks away, with a very concerned look on Owen’s face as he watches ‘The Rattlesnake’ leave. Hart lets out a sigh and shakes his head, the camera lingering on him for a few seconds longer before we cut away.

Back into the arena for…

*HO TRAIN*

Time for more in-ring action as Supply ‘n’ Demand head into the arena. The Godfather leads the way with Mark Henry bringing up the rear, but that initial pop quickly turns to boos as we play the familiar game… with Godfather waving to the back… here comes The Hos! And that of course has Godfather and Henry back in the good books of the Des Moines faithful…

Jim Ross: We’ve got tag team action comin’ up, but what d’ya make of what Owen Hart had ta’ say there, ‘King’? Owen’s sayin’ he had nothin’ ta’ do wit’ it.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Oh, yeah right! I’m not buyin’ it! It was all too convenient if ya’ ask me last night when Owen called Austin out and he got jumped from behind. Somethin’ ain’t right in all this, I just know it!

Jim Ross: Well it seems like ‘Tha’ Rattlesnake’ is gonna head ta’ tha’ parkin’ lot ta’ wait it out for Southern Justice ta’ arrive here in Des Moines. But right now, we’ve got Tha’ Godfather an’ Mark Henry set ta’ take on Kaientai, and it looks like Godfather has somethin’ ta’ say…

Sure enough, in the ring Godfather has grabbed a microphone…

The Godfather: It’s time, once again, for ev’rybody ta’ come aboard the…

”HOOOOO TRAIN!”

The Godfather: You damn right! Now, seein’ as we in Des Moines, Iowa tonight, I know I ain’t the only one. Is there any PIMPS – UP – IN – THIS – HOUSE!?

Apparently there’s plenty of them!

The Godfather: An’ I want y’all ta’ know that The Godfather be pimpin’ hos…

”NATIONWIDE!”

The Godfather: So I want y’all ta’ roll a fatty for this pimp daddy, light that blunt up an’ say…

”PIMPIN’ AIN’T EASY!”

*DOJO*

Their opponents tonight are Kaientai, with Mr. Yamaguchi leading the way, proudly waving their flag as he goes. Dick Togo, Sho Funaki and Men’s Teioh are all there, as is of course the latest recruit, Taka Michinoku, the four dressed in that grunge rock style that the group has become known for…

Jim Ross: Big test here for Kaientai, who ya’ gotta say are stronger than ever now they’ve got Taka Michinoku in their ranks. An’ you an’ ol’ Yamaguchi there were sure havin’ a great time last week until Shane McMahon announced that he’d rehired Tajiri an’ he was on ‘is way back ta’ tha’ WWF.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and what kinda decision was that anyway? Shane said the paperwork Tajiri signed got lost in the human resources department? Gimme a break!

Jim Ross: Well ‘King’, it seems like y’er lil’ buddy Yamaguchi is comin’ over here…

Indeed, as Taka Funaki slide into the ring for the match, Yamaguchi heads to the announce desk and takes an empty seat next to Lawler…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Mr. Yamaguchi, always a pleasure!

Mr. Yamaguchi: Mr. Jerry King! Good seeing you!

Jim Ross: So tell us Yamaguchi, how are ya’ feelin’ now that ya’ know Tajiri is on ‘is way back ta’ tha’ WWF? I heard he might even be back as soon as next week!

Mr. Yamaguchi: Shut up, fat man! Haha!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Haha! He shut your cakehole there didn’t he ‘JR’!?

Jim Ross: Yeah we’ll see who’s laughin’ next week when Tajiri shows up…

Match Two: Tag Team Match
Kaientai
w/ Dick Togo, Men’s Teioh and Mr. Yamaguchi vs. Supply ‘n’ Demand w/ The Hos

Taka and Godfather get us going, Godfather hurling Taka around the ring before he shoots Taka off the ropes… into a stiff shoulderblock. Godfather lays in with forearms to the back of the head, before he wrings on Taka’s arm… and then smacks a hook kick to the jaw! Henry gets the tag, he sends Taka off the ropes into a bodyblock, before he drags Taka up… and presses him into the air… for an impressive gorilla slam! Taka is in trouble, Henry shoots him to the corner and charges in… but Togo reaches up, drags Taka from the corner… and Henry crashes into the turnbuckle! Funaki tags in, he lands some right hands, before he comically tries for a scoop slam… but he gets nowhere near lifting Henry… so Henry clubs Funaki down to the canvas! Henry’s turn to drop forearms to the back of the head, but when he sends Funaki off the ropes, Funaki avoids a clothesline… then drops Henry with a dropkick to the knee! A chance for Kaientai to mount offence, Funaki and Taka make quick tags to aim stomps and elbows to the knee, before Taka slingshots from the apron… splash across the leg! Taka then picks a fight with Godfather, distracting the referee, which allows Togo and Teioh to reach in, Togo applying a choke while Teioh aims shots to the injured leg.

Henry is struggling, Kaientai work hard to keep him down by continuing to target that left knee, with Taka hitting a chop block before Funaki connects with an enzuigiri for a two count. Taka tags back in, he climbs to the second rope and waits for Henry to rise… but when Taka leaps for a tornado DDT, Henry blocks it… and launches Taka across the ring! Henry stumbles to the mat, but he soon picks himself up… and tags Godfather! Godfather bursts into the ring, he runs through Taka and Funaki with clotheslines, before he shoots Taka off the ropes… big boot! Godfather is rolling, he comes off the ropes… jumping elbow drop! Godfather goes for the cover… but Funaki makes the save at two! Funaki tries to keep Godfather down, but Godfather starts landing right hands and shoots Funaki to the corner… and follows in… HO TRAIN! That takes Funaki out of things, but Taka is back up… springboard dropkick! Taka goes for the cover… 1… 2… Godfather gets a shoulder up! Taka can’t believe it, but now he looks to put Godfather away… he tries for a MICHINOKU DRIVER… NO! Godfather had it scouted, he twists free… scoops Taka up… shoulderbreaker! But Godfather is dazed, he tags in Henry, who starts to club Taka… only for Togo and Teioh to reach in… and drag Godfather from the ring! Funaki has the ref distracted, allowing his colleagues to hammer Godfather on the floor… and it draws the eye of Henry! He heads to the ropes… only for Taka to hit another chop block! That takes Henry down, Taka goes for the cover… 1… Taka gets his feet on the ropes… 2… Henry tries to kick out… 3!

Winners: Kaientai @ 03:39

The interference from the other Kaientai members plays it’s part as Taka gets the win before he quickly scurries from the ring to avoid the onrushing Godfather. Taka quickly joins up with his Kaientai colleagues, the four of them celebrating at the base of the ramp while the camera cuts back to the announce desk to see Yamaguchi has risen from his chair…

Mr. Yamaguchi: Haha! Jerry King! What you think!?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What a great victory! Congratulations Mr. Yamaguchi! I always knew Kaientai were gonna do it!

Mr. Yamaguchi: And we gonna see what happen to Tajiri next week!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I can’t wait for that!

Yamaguchi slams down his headset and grabs his flag, racing around the ring to join the other four Kaientai members. Yamaguchi joins in the celebrations, while in the ring, Godfather tries to help Henry back to his feet…

Jim Ross: Well I thought Mark Henry had that match well in hand, but Togo and Teioh had other ideas. They just robbed Supply ‘n’ Demand here t’night!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: They didn’t rob anybody here. What they did was send that little runt Tajiri a message! If he dares to get on that plane and come back to the WWF next week, he’s gonna get squashed like a bug when he does!

We get a final look at Kaientai, the five of them taunting the crowd from the stage, before we see The Hos consoling Godfather and Henry in the ring then cut away.

Backstage to a dark, eerie setting, where some pretty gothic candelabras stand. From the light of the candles we see that Gangrel is standing there, Luna Vachon by his side, holding the goblet in his hands. Gangrel takes a sip and lets some blood drip down his chin, flashing his fangs as he and Luna share an evil smile together...

Jim Ross: Well comin’ up next, we’ve got tha’ debut match for that man, Gangrel! An’ believe me, ya’ don’t wanna miss this one!

*Commercial*

But before that match, we make a stop to the office of Shane McMahon, joining him mid-conversation with Jim Cornette. Shane clearly has little interest in what Cornette has to say as he rubs a hand across his forehead in exasperation…

Jim Cornette: …just couldn’t believe what I was hearin’ last week! The Heritage, Lance Storm, John Bradshaw, the new World Tag Team Champions… and y’er makin’ us defend the titles against Mankind and Al Snow at SummerSlam! Have ya’ lost your damn mind, Shane!?

Shane raises his eyebrows at how direct Cornette is being here…

Jim Cornette: We can’t go up against those two lunatics, it’s crazy! Mankind, Al Snow, all that hardcore stuff they’ve been doin’ as of late, that’s what’s wrong with the sport of professional wrestlin’ today! My boys Storm and Bradshaw, they’re on a mission to put some pride an’ dignity back into this industry, one tag team match at a time! But we ain’t gonna get in the ring wit’ those two maniacs at SummerSlam, not a chance!

Again, Shane raises his eyebrows in surprise…

Shane McMahon: Really? Not a chance?

Jim Cornette: No way, not gonna happen. And uh… I don’t wanna throw out threats or anythin’ like that, we’re both adults here. But like I said last week, if this match goes ahead… I think I might need to speak to ma’ lawyer. I might… an’ I stress might… need to think about suin’ to get outta this match.

Cornette very smugly twirls his tennis racquet as he says that…

Jim Cornette: But uh… I assume we can come to some kinda understandin’ before that has ta’ happen. Y’know what I mean, Shane?

A wry smirk crosses Shane’s face before he lets out a sigh…

Shane McMahon: Oh yeah. No, yeah, absolutely. Nobody wants it to get that far outta hand, Jimmy.

Jim Cornette: Y’see, I knew it! I knew it, a great mind for business, just like your Dad! I’m glad we could get this whole mess straightened out! What a relief!

Delighted, Cornette gives Shane a hearty slap on the shoulder, although Shane starts to shake his head…

Shane McMahon: No, no. You’re not understandin’ me here, Jimbo. Nobody wants to see it get that far outta hand… because before you go anywhere near a lawyer… I’ll just strip The Heritage of the World Tag Team Championships!

And the colour drains from Cornette’s face…

Jim Cornette: What!? You can’t do that!

Shane McMahon: Well, y’know, I kinda can. Y’see there’s somethin’ else I have in common with my Dad. Neither of us take all that kindly to legal threats. It’s a McMahon thing, really. So y’know, when you barge into my office tellin’ me to change the match at SummerSlam or else you’re gonna sue me and my Dad’s company, well…

Getting serious, Shane steps forward and looks Cornette in the eye…

Shane McMahon: The easiest way to change that match is to take those titles away from Storm and Bradshaw and find somebody else to take on Mankind and Al Snow. But I mean… we don’t want this whole thing to get that far, do we Jim?

Cornette fumes, hesitating to speak a couple of times before he solemnly shakes his head…

Shane McMahon: That’s what I thought. But hey, Jimbo… I got somethin’ for ya’ that might put your mind at ease a little bit. How ‘bout later tonight, we put Lance Storm in the ring… with Mankind?

Jim Cornette: What!?

Shane McMahon: Or y’know, Mick Foley, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, whoever that whackjob decides to show up as tonight. How’s that sound?

After the initial shock, a furious Cornette starts to point his tennis racquet in a threatening manner…

Jim Cornette: You’re not gonna get away with this, Shane! And y’know, I never thought I’d say this but… I wish your old man was still here runnin’ things!

A rather stiff line to finish things on, but that’s how Cornette leaves the room, turning and storming off in a huff. Shane watches him go, a little flare of the nostrils and another slow shake of the head, before he picks up some papers and start flicking through them.

*BLOOD*

Through the darkness we see a circle of flames engulf a segment of the stage, and rising up through the fire comes Gangrel and Luna Vachon. The pair snarl and smirk at the fans as they step through the flames and then head down the ramp, before they reach the ringsteps. Gangrel steps onto the top step and holds up the goblet we saw before the break, while Luna stands a step below him… then Gangrel takes a sip from the goblet… and spits blood into the air! Well, it’s a red liquid of some kind that Gangrel spits into the air, the remnants dribbling down his chin as the pair head into the ring. And once the lights come back on, we see that Savio Vega is already in the ring, looking pretty creeped out by the scene infront of him…

Jim Ross: So later t’night, we’ll have Lance Storm takin’ on Mankind I presume. But right now, tha’ debut of Gangrel, takin’ on Savio Vega.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What is that stuff he’s drinkin’ outta that goblet there? I mean, I get that he likes the vampire lifestyle, but… he doesn’t take it all the way does he?

Jim Ross: I have no idea, ‘King’. I’m more interested in how he’s gonna do in tha’ ring against a great competitor in Savio than what he may or may not be doin’ his private life…

Match Three:
Gangrel
w/ Luna Vachon vs. Savio Vega

As the bell rings, Gangrel flashes his fangs, and with the blood still trickling down his chin, the veteran Vega is understandably a bit wary of the whole situation. Savio moves in for a collar-and-elbow tie up, only for Gangrel to drill him with a boot to the gut at the last second, following with forearms to the back of the head to gain the early control. Irish whip shoots Savio off the ropes… stiff clothesline puts Vega down. A string of elbowdrops find the mark, then stomps, before Gangrel drags Vega up and shoots him off the ropes… into a back body drop! The newcomer is showing real intensity so far, hard right hands land in the corner, then elbows to the side of the head, before he goes for the Irish whip across and follows in… into a boot to the face! Savio looks to battle from the corner, he lands a trio of right hands before going for a standing roundhouse kick… but Gangrel ducks, hooks Vega up… side belly-to-belly suplex! And here we cut backstage to see Dustin Runnels and Terri Runnels are watching this on a monitor, and stern look on Dustin’s face while Terri bites a nail.

Back to the action, Gangrel continues to pummel Savio, more forearms to the head, then knees to the body, before he looks for an Irish whip… Savio reverses… but lowers his head… and Gangrel counters with a swinging neckbreaker! More stomps land, before Gangrel shoves Vega to the corner, choking him against the middle rope. The referee admonishes Gangrel, causing him to back away, which allows Vega to attack, throwing right hands to back Gangrel to the ropes, then he shoots him across… jumping leg lariat! Vega finally takes Gangrel down, he looks to attack with right hands, then kicks to the body, before Savio looks for a suplex… but Gangrel lands behind… and drops Savio with an inverted DDT! A painful landing for Vega, that might have done it there and then, but it looks like Gangrel is ready to finish things off as he drags Vega up… hooks him in… and nails a LIFTING DDT! “He told me earlier he calls that the Impaler DDT!” yells Lawler, before Gangrel doesn’t bother hooking a leg to get the 1… 2… 3.

Winner: Gangrel @ 02:58

So a debut victory for Gangrel, a pretty strong message sent to the watching Dustin Runnels in the process. Luna is quickly in the ring to celebrate with her man, the pair sharing a rather disgusting kiss between each other, much to the disgust of the commentary team…

Jim Ross: Well a win for Gangrel in his WWF debut, but I don’t think we really need ta’ see that right there. Might make my lunch come back on me.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: It ain’t a pretty sight, but I hope you’re ready Dustin Runnels, you’ve got this man Gangrel in your future at SummerSlam. And I don’t know if I like your chances all that much.

From that remark we cut to another shot of Dustin and Terri, and while Dustin looks focused and determined, Terri looks worried at what she’s seen tonight, but Dustin places a reassuring hand on her shoulder before we cut away.

To the parking lot, where a long, black limousine is pulling up…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Hey, wait a second. Who d’ya think this is, ‘JR’!?

Jim Ross: I don’t know, but I don’t see ‘Stone Cold’ anywhere back there…

The limo comes to a stop and the driver exits the driver’s door, then heads to the passenger door to open it up… and out steps Tennessee Lee! It’s Southern Justice! Sure enough, Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight follow Lee out of the limo, all three men full of laughs and smiles, with Lee smoking a cigar as they head for the arena…

Tennessee Lee: Well boys, it’s always nice ta’ travel in style! A nice touch from our generous benefactor last night!

Canterbury and Knight smile and nod along, the three looking pretty carefree just now… but there’s suddenly a pop from inside the arena… as sneaking out from behind a parked car… it’s ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin! Austin was lying in wait, Southern Justice have no idea he’s there… and AUSTIN CRACKS CANTERBURY FROM BEHIND WITH THE TIRE IRON! Upon hearing Canterbury yelp, Knight turns… HE GETS SMACKS IN THE MIDSECTION WITH THE TIRE IRON… THEN ACROSS THE SPINE!! Canterbury stumbles towards Austin… TIRE IRON SHOT TO THE HEAD!!

Austin takes out both Southern Justice members, and now he has his sights set on Lee who tries to scramble away… AUSTIN DRILLS LEE ACROSS THE LEG WITH THE TIRE IRON!! That causes Lee to crumble to the floor, before Austin turns back to Canterbury, grabbing him by the hair… walking him back towards the limo… Austin opens the door… and LAUNCHES CANTERBURY INTO THE BACK SEAT OF THE LIMO! Knight now charges, but Austin sees him coming… Austin lands a boot to the midsection… then TOSSES KNIGHT IN BESIDE CANTERBURY!

Amongst all this chaos, the poor limo driver has been frozen to the spot, cowering against the driver’s door, and now Austin reaches down and grabs his tire iron, pointing it at the driver…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Take these two pieces of trash an’ get tha’ hell outta here! You understand me!?

The spooked driver meekly nods his head and scrambles to get back into the driver’s seat, but as he closes the door, Austin decides to send a final message… HE SWINGS THE TIRE IRON AND SMASHES ONE OF THE LIMO WINDOWS!!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Get y’er ass outta here!

And you don’t need to tell this driver a third time, as with a burst of wheel spin, the limo speeds off, racing through the parking lot and back out of the arena! As we get a moment of quiet, we hear the groans and grimaces of Lee, a sick smile crossing Austin’s face as he steps towards the fallen manager…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Alright ya’ stupid bastard. I wanna know who it was that paid ya’ tha’ money last night!

Austin reaches down and grabs Lee by the collar of his suit jacket, yanking him to his feet and driving him against the concrete wall of the parking lot, Lee whimpering and moaning in agony…

Tennessee Lee: I can’t tell ya’!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Why tha’ hell not!?

Tennessee Lee: It’s bad for business!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Bad for business!?

Austin looks incredulous at that remark, jamming his tire iron against Lee’s throat…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well if ya’ ain’t gonna give it up, then I’m gettin’ it outta ya’ one way or another! I’ll give ya’ somethin’ real bad for business ya’ stupid sunnova bitch! C’mon!

And now Austin starts to drag Lee inside the arena, using Lee to barge through the door from the parking lot to the inside of the arena. The door swings shut behind the two of them, the camera staying focused on the door for a second or two before we fade into a commercial.

*Commercial*

And when we return, Michael Cole is at the interview set with Al Snow… and Mankind! A great pop from inside the arena for the sight of the pair, but while Mankind has that pained look on his face through his mask, Al is a little busy just now having an inaudible conversation with Head just now…

Michael Cole: Al Snow, Mankind, last week we found out that Shane McMahon has granted the two of you a shot at the World Tag Team Championships against The Heritage at SummerSlam. Now Mankind, it seemed pretty obvious that Shane was giving you that opportunity as a way of making peace with you after that way Vince McMahon treated you the last few months. But regardless of how the chance came about, how are you two feeling ahead of your chance to become champions?

With Snow still conversing with Head, Cole points the mic at Mankind…

Mankind: Well Michael, I’ve never really been one to complain about things. But I’d say a shot at The Heritage and the World Tag Team Championships is the least we deserve, especially after the way Vince McMahon has treated Mick Foley recently. I’ve had a few knocks to the head recently, I’ve broken bones and I’ve spilt a lotta blood, but I’m a big boy and I can take the punishment. But Mick? He doesn’t deserve to be treated like that. And I-

Al Snow: I know! … I don’t really get it either! … No, I’m not gonna ask him! … If it’s that important to ya’, you ask him! … Alright, alright! I’ll ask him!

It seems like Head has managed to talk Al into something…

Al Snow: Alright, Micker. Now, it doesn’t really matter to me, but… the ol’ brains of the outfit over here wants to know… what’s goin’ on?

Confused, Mankind turns to Cole for answers, who has no idea what’s going on right now…

Mankind: What do you mean?

Al Snow: I think she means… what’s the deal with the whole Mankind and Mick Foley thing? Like… you’re Mankind.

Mankind: That’s right.

Al Snow: Yeah but, y’know… you’re Mick Foley! Like, y’know… you’re not two different people!

Again, Mankind turns to Cole, who simply shrugs his shoulders…

Al Snow: I mean, the way you’re talkin’ right now… it sounds like Mankind and Mick Foley oughta be the tag team to face The Heritage at SummerSlam! You get what I’m sayin’?

It looks like the proverbial lightbulb has just gone off in Mankind’s head…

Mankind: Well y’know Al, I like to think you and me have became friends these last few months-

Al Snow: We’ve been friends for years!

Mankind: But Mankind and Mick Foley in a tag team? That’s actually not a bad idea!

Panic crosses Al’s face as instead of pointing out the absurdaity of what Mankind is saying, it seems like he’s but a crazy, if not impossible, idea in his head…

Al Snow: What!? No, Mick! That’s not what-

Mankind: Yeah. Yeah… Mankind and Mick Foley! That might actually work! I can’t wait to ask Mick about it when he gets here later! I hope he’s not busy on SummerSlam night! Thanks Al!

From behind the mask, Mankind gives Snow a smile and gives Head a quick rub before he yells…

Mankind: Have a nice day!

That’s Mankind’s que to leave, causing Al to shake his head and groan in annoyance, before he lifts Head up and starts to speak to her…

Al Snow: Well… I hope you’re happy now! … Of course it’s your fault! … You wanted me to ask him! … Just shut up! Alright!?

And now Snow and Head depart the set, leaving the confused Cole to screw up his face as if he’s wondering what in the hell that was all about, before we cut away.

*DESERT THREAT*

Tiger Ali Singh steps through the curtain, proudly waving the flag of India, which of course garners some boos from the crowd. The European Champion saunters down the ramp and then enters the ring, laughing and smirking at the fans to rile them up…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What is goin’ on back there? The only thing I agreed with in that whole interview was when Al Snow said that Head was the brains of that whole outfit!

Jim Ross: Certainly a pretty confusin’ situation all round with Mankind right now, but tha’ European Champion Tiger Ali Singh is headin’ for the ring, less than two weeks away from defendin’ that European Title against X-Pac. And it was durin’ the chaos of tha’ match between Chyna an’ Boss Man last week when Singh took tha’ chance ta’ smack X-Pac from behind with tha’ title belt!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Just a little taste of what X-Punk has instore come SummerSlam. Another ridiculous decision from Shane McMahon by the way, there’s not a chance that little peon deserves a shot at the European Title!

Having grabbed a microphone, Tiger is ready to let us hear what’s on his mind…

Tiger Ali Singh: Another week, another rundown town full of pathetic Americans!

Heat of the cheapest variety…

Tiger Ali Singh: Y’know, I really don’t get it. I don’t why the World Wrestling Federation, a billion dollar company, continues to return to these redneck hellholes like Des Moines, Iowa! There is nothing that makes me want to spend a second longer in this dump than I have to! It’s humiliating for a man as distinguished as myself, the European Champion no less, has to come to a town like this and be disrespected like I am!

Basic stuff from Tiger, but it draws more heat…

Tiger Ali Singh: However… while it’s humiliating to be in a town like Des Moines tonight… it’s not as humiliating as how badly I’m gonna humiliate X-Pac at SummerSlam! Infact, at SummerSlam, I’m not just gonna humiliate X-Pac, I’m gonna humiliate D-Generation X, just like I humiliated them the night I beat Triple H for my European Championship!

”Ya’ forgot about tha’ huge assist ya’ got from Ken Shamrock that night there, Tiger!” quips ‘JR’ about that night from the start of June…

Tiger Ali Singh: But y’know, I don’t think I want to wait for SummerSlam to humiliate D-X again. I feel like I want to humiliate them… tonight!

Another round of jeers from the fans…

Tiger Ali Singh: So D-Generation X, I am issuing an open challenge to you bunch of degenerates! I want a match with any of you clowns… as long as it’s not X-Pac. And of course, it won’t be for my prestigious European Championship! But whatever one of you losers has the guts to take me up on it, then c’mon out here!

Tiger pauses for a bit, big smirk on his face, waiting for an answer…

Tiger Ali Singh: C’mon, I’ll take on anybody! Hell, even Chyna can try it if she’s got the balls!

Singh thinks he’s hilarious, but once he hears…

”ARE YOU READY!?”

*BREAK IT DOWN*

And then Singh sees that the man heading down the aisle is none other than… Shawn Michaels! The leader of D-X is answering Singh’s challenge here, and Tiger can’t believe it, clearly that’s not what he had in mind when he issued this challenge…

Jim Ross: It’s Shawn Michaels! Shawn Michaels is gonna be tha’ one ta’ answer tha’ challenge for D-X! I don’t think this is what Singh had in mind when he threw that challenge out there!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: And wait a minute, what’s the rest of D-X doin’ out here? Tiger wanted this to be one-on-one, this ain’t a Handicap Match!

Indeed, the rest of D-Generation X have followed Michaels out onto the stage, with Triple H, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, X-Pac and Chyna heading down the ramp. In the ring, the flustered Singh rips off his sunglasses and starts to protest to a referee, before he goes back to the mic…

Tiger Ali Singh: Hey! Hey, wait a minute! I don’t know what you think you’re tryin’ to pull here, but I made a challenge one-on-one! If you’re out here to answer the challenge Michaels, then how ‘bout you tell the rest of those degenerates there to stay backstage!?

D-X start to discuss this proposal from Tiger, with Michaels seeming up for it, even if the rest of D-X are wary…

Tiger Ali Singh: C’mon Michaels, send the rest of the crew outta here and fight me like a man!

Oh, that seems to have struck a nerve as Michaels turns to his D-X colleagues, they all nod heads and agree to give Singh what he wants, with Michaels sharing a few high fives before the rest of D-X start to depart the scene. But of course, Chyna decides to stick around with her being the only actual manager of the group…

Jim Ross: I don’t know about this if I’m Shawn Michaels. We know how Ken Shamrock likes ta’ come through tha’ crowd an’ strike, we’ve seen ‘im do it ta’ Michaels before. I’d maybe want ma’ D-X buddies out here ta’ have ma’ back if I was ‘HBK’.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: He just wanted them out here cos he knows he can’t beat Tiger without havin’ to cheat!

Now in the ring, Michaels is ready to go, but it seems like Singh still wants to run his mouth a little more…

Tiger Ali Singh: Y’know, this is very fitting. At SummerSlam, I’m gonna embarrass that nobody X-Pac. And what better way to prove it to the world right now, than by beating the D-X leader, ‘The Showstopper’, ‘The Icon’, ‘The Main Event’, Shawn Michaels right here in-

RIGHT HAND FROM MICHAELS!

‘HBK’ has heard enough, he smacks Tiger with a stiff right hand, and this match is underway in a hurry!

Match Four: Non-Title Match
European Champion Tiger Ali Singh vs. Shawn Michaels w/ Chyna

And Michaels starts drilling Singh with right hands, backing him to the ropes before going for an Irish whip… Singh reverses… but Michaels ducks a clothesline and keeps on running… flying forearm! Singh stumbles back to his feet… and Michaels sends him over the top rope with a clothesline! The European Champion is reeling, but there’s no let up from ‘HBK’… as he flies with a plancha! Michaels stays on top, dropping more rights, before he slides back into the ring. Tiger is all over the place as he makes it back to his feet, but as he tries to get back into the ring, Michaels attacks with a baseball slide… but Tiger sidesteps, Michaels lands on the floor… and Singh smashes him with a clothesline! ‘HBK’ hits the floor hard, allowing Tiger a chance to recover before he scoops Shawn up… drops him across the barricade! Tiger then lays in with some stomps to the body, before he rolls ‘HBK’ back into the ring. Singh looks to work Michaels’ back, aiming forearms to the spine before he sends Michaels hard to the corner and follows in… into a boot to the face! Tiger staggers back, allowing Michaels to tag him with rights, but Tiger swings a right… misses… inverted atomic drop! Michaels comes off the ropes… flying crossbody! That gets the first near fall of the match, but we suddenly cut backstage… to see a BRAWL HAS BROKEN OUT! Triple H, X-Pac, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg are fighting in the backstage area with Ken Shamrock, The Big Boss Man, Steve Blackman and Bart Gunn!

And as that brawl rages on, we cut back to the match, Michaels plants Tiger with a scoop slam before he climbs to the top rope… flying elbow! ‘HBK’ got all of it, and he springs back to his feet… and starts tuning up the band… SWEET CHIN MUSIC… NO! Singh ducks underneath and catches Michaels from behind… side suplex! A chance now for Tiger to take charge of the match, he lays in with stomps and drops a trio of elbows, before he climbs to the second rope… and nails a diving fist drop for a two count. But we then cut back to the brawl backstage, D-X and McMahon’s associates still going at it despite the presence of referees and agents trying to separate them, the melee continues across the backstage area. Back in the arena, Tiger is still in control, he drops Michaels with a backbreaker then a vertical suplex to do further damage to the spine, before he goes for a grounded chinlock, applying pressure to the back with his knee. As we go through this lull in the action, we cut backstage again, where the mayhem continues, with Shamrock grabbing a TRASH CAN… AND SMASHING IT ACROSS BILLY’S HEAD! But not to be outdone, Triple H finds the lid from a water cooler… CRACKS IT OFF BLACKMAN’S SKULL!

Back in the ring, the crowd rallies behind Michaels, he makes it back to his feet, drilling elbows to the midsection to break free, then right hands to the face, before he goes for the Irish whip to the corner… Singh reverses and follows in… Michaels uses the ropes to elevate and land behind… rollup! 1… 2… Tiger kicks out, but Michaels rebounds off the ropes… runs through Tiger with a clothesline! But just as Michaels does that… THE BRAWL SPILLS INTO THE ARENA! The eight-man from backstage is now taking place on the stage and ramp, shots being fired, the crowd going wild at the chaos we’ve got! But Michaels is still chasing a win here, he tags Tiger with right hands then looks for the Irish whip… Singh reverses… and catches Michaels in a sleeper! Michaels claws for the ropes… and that draws Chyna up onto the apron! Tiger spots her and tosses ‘HBK’ aside, he walks over and gives Chyna some trash talk… so CHYNA SLAPS TIGER ACROSS THE FACE! And Tiger turns… right into SWEET CHIN MUSIC!! Tiger is down and out, but the brawling continues… with Boss Man and Helmsley taking their battle into the ring! It’s mayhem in and out of the ring, Triple H and Boss Man are rolling across the canvas… and the referee calls for the bell! Michaels looked like he had the match won, but the ref is tossing this one out!

Winner: No Contest @ 05:28

The referee has seen enough, he’s thrown this one out due to the chaos that has spiralled into the arena! Despite the ringing of the bell, the battle rages on, Boss Man and Helmsley going at it, The Outlaws squaring off with Bart and Blackman, X-Pac trading blows with Shamrock, it’s a wild scene… and now Shawn Michaels flies into it! Michaels goes after Shamrock, but Singh follows him out… he goes after X-Pac! It’s a crazy ten-man brawl at ringside, SummerSlam opponents are colliding early here, nobody takes a step back… but then…

THE LIGHTS GO OUT IN THE ARENA!!

And…

*BURNED*

It’s Kane! Through hell, fire and brimstone, ‘The Big Red Machine’ is marching down the ramp… and he SMACKS BART GUNN WITH A RIGHT HAND! Shamrock charges… BOOT TO SHAMROCK’S FACE! Boss Man shoves Helmsley aside and goes for Kane… SHOT TO THE THROAT! But from behind, Blackman clobbers Kane with a few shots… but they barely register, Kane turns… slaps a hand around Blackman’s throat… CHOKESLAM ON THE RAMP!! Kane is a one-man wrecking crew, he’s running through McMahon’s cronies, even turning to look at Singh… which prompts the European Champion to back away, holding his hands up in a sign of peace. Kane stalks towards Tiger, but behind his back, that gives Boss Man and Shamrock a chance to reach down and help Blackman back to his feet, they quickly regroup with Bart and then scramble up the ramp to escape the arena. The various D-X members gather together again as well, standing in awe of how dominant Kane looks, with Kane now seeing that his main targets tonight have escaped, he too decides to make a quick exit by stepping over the guardrail and heading through the fans…

Jim Ross: Bah Gawd! Kane is hellbent on destruction! He wants Shamrock! He wants Boss Man! He wants all of ‘em!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Somebody’s gotta put a stop to this! He can’t keep showin’ up here every week and laying out Mr. McMahon’s associates like this!

McMahon’s associates have disappeared behind the curtain, Kane is fading through the gathered masses, which just leaves D-X in the ring, the group checking on each other after their various exploits tonight…

*BREAK IT DOWN*

And then their music hits, which is the que for D-X to celebrate with the crowd. A ton of crotch chops are let out, with X-Pac and Road Dogg heading to the corners to salute the crowd. Helmsley and Billy check on Michaels after the match, and it’s on the sight of the fan-favourite group that we bring hour one to a close.

*Commercial*

*Hour Two*

And as soon as we return to the arena for hour two, a hearse starts backing into the arena at a space left open by the side of the stage…

Jim Ross: Welcome back ta’ Raw ev’ryone. I, uh… I got no idea what this is all about. A hearse is backin’ inta’ tha arena here!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah but who’s in the driver’s seat? Is it The Undertaker!?

The hearse comes to a stop, the door slowly opens and…

”DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN’?”

*DO YOU SMELL?*

The door swings open and The Rock steps out of the hearse! And the jeers instantly start to rain down as the cocky Rocky swaggers from the hearse to the ramp, then down to the ring…

Jim Ross: Well it’s not Tha’ Undertaker, it’s Tha’ Rock! But I don’t know about Rock comin’ ta’ tha’ ring in a hearse. Rock an’ Undertaker are gonna meet at SummerSlam, but I don’t think Rock wants ta’ be out here tauntin’ ‘Tha’ Deadman’ like this.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: This is The Rock we’re talking about here ‘JR’, not some nobody. It’s like he said last week, Undertaker can play all the mind games he wants, it’s not gonna effect The Rock. He’s came here tonight to play a little mind game or two of his own!

Jim Ross: Yeah I heard ‘im say that last week, that was before we all saw ‘im run in fear from ‘Tha’ Phenom’!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: He wasn’t runnin’ anywhere! He’s just lurin’ The Undertaker into a false sense of security, just wait and see!

Dressed to compete because he has a match now, Rock decides to put the action on hold as he asks for a microphone…

The Rock: Now The Rock has heard a lotta talk this last week, sayin’ that The Rock ran away from The Undertaker last Monday night on Raw.

A cheer from the crowd interrupts Rocky, he glares and raises an eyebrow at the fans for doing so…

The Rocl: But let The Rock make it clear that he runs from nobody… and The Rock – means – nobody! And let The Rock make it clear that he wasn’t runnin’ from The Undertaker, he was just stayin’ one – step – ahead.

With a smirk and a flare of the nostrils, Rock pauses to again hear the jeers of the fans…

The Rock: Undertaker, for years you had matches won before they even started, had jabroni after jabroni already beat just walkin’ your candy ass down to the ring. But The Rock ain’t afraid of the dark, The Rock ain’t afraid of the mind games, and most important Undertaker, The Rock ain’t afraid… of you.

”He will be come August 30th at SummerSlam!” quips Ross…

The Rock: So you play your mind games, you make the lights go on and off, The Rock don’t give a monkey’s ass what happens to the lights! All that matters is that at SummerSlam, The Rock is gonna put your dead ass down in the centre of Madison Square Garden and get the 1 – 2 – 3!

Rocky now heads to the ropes, motioning up at the entrance way…

The Rock: Just like The Rock is gonna beat whatever jabroni they’ve got lined up for ‘im right here tonight. So whoever it is, walk your candy ass down here and let The Rock beat the crap outta ya’!

We get a few seconds of silence… and then… Dustin Runnels starts walking down the ramp! With his wife Terri Runnels by his side, Dustin continues to enter arenas without entrance music, dressed in black jeans and a black sleeveless t-shirt, looking determined to grab a morale boosting win here tonight…

Jim Ross: Big opportunity for Dustin Runnels right now, we saw ‘im earlier t’night watchin’ on as Gangrel made quick work of Savio Vega, it’s gonna be quite tha’ spectacle once those two meet at SummerSlam.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and you know that somewhere in this arena, The Undertaker is about to watch The Rock make quick work of Dustin. And uh, if Terri needs somebody to keep a watchful eye on her, I’m happy to volunteer!

Match Five:
Dustin Runnels
w/ Terri Runnels vs. The Rock

Looking for a competitive match, Dustin goes for a tie-up early on, only for Rock to repeatedly back away, arrogantly shooing Dustin away. Dustin protests to the referee, which is the loss of concentration Rock needs, drilling a cheap right to the face before he unloads with rights and boots in the corner. Rock shoves Dustin against the ropes and goes for the Irish whip… but Runnels runs him over with a shoulderblock. A chance for Dustin to attack, he strikes with punches, then hurls Rock around with hiptosses, before he sends Rock to the corner… follows in with a clothesline! Hard Irish whip sends Rock across, he staggers out… into a powerslam! That got Dustin the first near fall of the match, but from the kickout Rock rolls to the floor, looking to compose himself. Dustin follows him out, grabbing Rock by the hair… but Rock blocks an attempted smash off the announce desk… and it’s Dustin who eats the table! Rock then shoves Runnels against the apron, tagging him with more right hands before he turns and throws some trash talk Terri’s way… then rears back… but Dustin blocks a big right… and smacks Rock with a right of his own! Dustin lands rights and lefts, backing Rock to the ringpost, then he charges… looking for a clothesline… but Rock ducks… and Dustin’s arm smacks off the steel!

Back in the ring, Dustin is clearly struggling to deal with the pain in his arm, and Rock takes advantage, laying stomps into the shoulder then more stiff right hands, before he scores near falls from first a snap DDT then a swinging neckbreaker. Rock slows the match down with a kneeling armbar, looking to apply more pressure to the arm, but with Terri’s encouragement, Dustin tries to fight back to his feet, throwing right hands to break free before he comes off the ropes… into a Samoan drop! Rock crawls into the cover… 1… 2… Runnels gets a shoulder up! Frustrated, Rock gets in the referee’s face, but he soon has Dustin back up and throws a right… Dustin blocks… hits a right of his own! Rock swings again… another block… another right from Dustin! And a second… and a third! Runnels is rallying, he sends Rock off the ropes… jumping clothesline! Dustin attacks, more right hands, then an Irish whip… Rock reverses… but lowers his head… Runnels drops… and smacks a right from the canvas! Dustin bursts back to his feet… bionic elbow! Then he shoots Rock to the corner… Rock staggers out, Dustin comes off the ropes… running bulldog! Dustin hooks the leg… 1… 2… Rock just kicks out! Dustin is rolling here, he doubles Rock over with a boot, then hooks him up… looking for the CURTAIN CALL… NO! The pain in that left arm strikes, Dustin can’t get Rock up… and Rock is able to twist free behind Dustin… spin him around… ROCK BOTTOM! Rock gets all of it, he hooks a leg… 1… 2… 3!

Winner: The Rock @ 04:49

A gutsy effort from Dustin, but Rock picks up the win in relatively clean fashion. Rock is quickly back on his feet to have his hand raised before he snatches it away from the referee, threatening him with a backhand for his nerve. Terri goes to slide into the ring to check on her husband, but she quickly thinks again… as Rock starts to lay in with boots! Adding insult to injury, Rock starts attacking Dustin after the bell, stomping him towards the ropes, before he uses his foot to shove Runnels under the ropes to the floor…

Jim Ross: What’s this all about? Ya’ won tha’ match Rock, there ain’t no need for this!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I think he’s gonna use Dustin to send a message to The Undertaker right here!

It certainly seems that way as Rock grabs Dustin by the head and walks him down the side of the ramp towards that hearse he parked up earlier. Rock continues to lay in with right hands, causing Dustin to lean up against the back door of the hearse… but just as Rocky rears back for another big right hand…

*GONG!*

The crowd buzz with excitement… as the driver’s door of the hearse is flung open… Rock stops dead in his tracks, eyes bulging out his skull… as… THE UNDERTAKER STEPS OUT OF THE DRIVER’S SEAT!

Rock may have drove the hearse into the arena earlier, but now it’s The Undertaker who is stepping out of it! And ‘Taker’ steps towards Rock… and the fight is on! ‘The Phenom’ starts throwing right hands, Rock tries to fire back, but the effects of his match with Dustin takes a toll as Undertaker gets the upperhand, he lands a frenzy of rights and lefts… until a big uppercut knocks Rock down to the concrete! Rock tries to scramble back to his feet, but Undertaker is on him… slaps a hand around Rock’s throat… drags him into position… takes Rock up in the air… CHOKESLAM ONTO THE HOOD OF THE HEARSE!!

Undertaker plants Rock on top of the hearse with a devastating chokeslam, and the Des Moines crowd is loving it! Rock is down and in agony, he’s barely moved an inch, and ‘The Deadman’ stands over him, looking down on the fallen youngster before the veteran rolls his eyes to the back of his head as the camera zooms in on his face…

Jim Ross: Good Gawd almighty! His back could be broken! Tha’ Rock might not be afraid of Undertaker’s mind games, but he damn sure better be afraid of what ‘Tha’ Phenom’ is gonna do ta’ ‘im come at SummerSlam!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Where did he come from, ‘JR’!? We need some help out here!

But for now, there’s no help for Rocky, instead the crowd continue to roar their approval as Undertaker looks down on him, the camera going for a close up of Rock as we hear the mixture of the cheers of the crowd and Rock’s groans of pain, while taking a look at the evil look on Undertaker’s face as we cut to a commercial.

*Commercial*

And we return backstage in a locker-room to the sight of a bruised and battered Tennessee Lee tied to a chair, with ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin standing over him! Lee has several loops of rope wrapped around his chest, and his groans are muffled by a gag tied across his mouth, while his hair is dishevelled and his shirt and suit jacket are ripped and torn around the edges. Austin has a beer can in his hand, taking a sip from it, before he tips the can and starts pouring beer on Lee’s head, causing the manager to writhe in an effort to escape his binds …

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Now I done wasted ma’ damn beer, and I ain’t gonna waste another one! Now I’m gon’ take this damn rag outta y’er mouth, and ya’ better gimme an answer, ya’ understand me!?

Austin aggressively rips the gag away from Lee’s mouth, the manager crying out in pain before Austin picks up the tire iron from earlier, jabbing it at Lee’s face…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Now I ain’t gonna ask ya’ again… gimme a damn name. Who tha’ hell put ya’ up ta’ jumpin’ me from behind last night!?

But the unkempt Lee just solemnly shakes his head…

Tennessee Lee: I already told ya’ I can’t tell ya’!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well I already told ya’ if ya’ don’t tell me, I’m gon’ stick this damn tire iron straight up y’er ass!

Austin now jams the tire iron under Lee’s chin, pressing against his throat, causing Lee to groan and splutter…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: So either ya’ tell me who it was, or I’m gon’ have ta’ get real creative in findin’ a way ta’ make ya’ see things ma’ way!

Again Austin applies pressure, causing another groan of pain from Lee…

Tennessee Lee: I can’t tell ya’! I’ll never tell ya’! It’d ruin us!

And now a sadistic smirk crosses Austin’s face…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Well… don’t say I didn’t warn ya’. It’s time me an’ you took a lil’ trip somewhere ta’ help ya’ change y’er mind!

And with that, Austin gives Lee a stiff shove to the chest… and he topples over in the chair! Lee crashes to the floor and yells out in pain, with Austin reaching down to grab him by the lapels of his jacket as the feed cuts away.

Back into the arena, the lights go out, the orange glow drops and…

*IF YOU DARE*

A great welcome for Tazz as he strides down the ramp, dressed to compete. Through the smoke and fog, Tazz cuts a menacing figure as he enters the ring and rips the towel from his head, a mean scowl etched on his face…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Somebody’s gotta get back there and do somethin’! Austin’s lost it, he’s gone nuts! He’s gonna kill Tennessee Lee if he doesn’t get what he wants!

Jim Ross: I hate ta’ say it, but Austin is goin’ too far here. ‘Tha’ Rattlesnake’ ain’t gonna stop ‘til he gets tha’ answer he’s lookin’ for! It might be in Lee’s best interest ta’ give up tha’ name of whoever paid Southern Justice ta’ carry out that attack last night before Lee gets hurt!

In the ring, Tazz calls for a mic to be handed over…

Tazz: Y’know I’ve been listenin’ to that punk Jeff Jarrett runnin’ his mouth lately, claimin’ he’s now ‘The King of Submissions’. Well Jarrett, as far as I can see, you ain’t the king of nothin’! You ain’t nothin’ but a joke!

Pacing the ring, Tazz points up the ramp at the entrance way…

Tazz: I’m somebody who grew up fightin’ ta’ survive, I used ta’ make guys choke out night after night ‘cos if I didn’t, they’d damn sure make me pass out before I knew what was goin’ on. That’s why every week I sit there and hear Jarrett run ‘is mouth, it ain’t nothin’ but an embarrassment!

”The only embarrassment around here is you, junior!” quips Lawler, well out of Tazz’s earshot…

Tazz: So this week, there ain’t gonna be no Jeff Jarrett Open Challenge… ‘cos I’m the one throwin’ out the challenges!

That gets a pop of anticipation from the fans…

Tazz: I’m throwin’ out a challenge to anybody in the back for a Submission Match right here! But before anybody thinks of answerin’ it, lemme give ya’ one warnin’. Beat me if ya’ can… survive if I let ya’!

Tazz slams the microphone down to the canvas and again starts to pace back and forth, awaiting the arrival of his opponent tonight…

And answering the call is…

*FIGHTER*

Whoa. It’s Dan Severn! The crowd gasps as Severn slowly ambles down the ramp, The Jackyl flashing peace signs to the fans in-between jawing in Severn’s ear. Tazz’s expressions hasn’t changed an inch, he still looks as focused and determined to do some damage tonight despite the answer to the second open challenge of sorts of the broadcast…

Jim Ross: Well, if ya’ were ever gonna prove how good ya’ were at submissions, it’s gonna be against that man Dan ‘Tha’ Beast’ Severn! This Severn is an animal! An’ he’s still undefeated here in tha’ WWF.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and he’s gonna chew Tazz up and spit ‘im out! Severn fought some of the baddest athletes in the world back in the UFC, he’s gonna make short work of that jumped up little midget!

Match Six: Submission Match
Dan Severn
w/ The Jackyl vs. Tazz

From the bell, both men get low and look for takedowns, trying to take each other off balance, but with both being so skilled at that style, neither man can gain the upperhand. Severn then proposes a test of strength, both men slowly bringing their hands together… until Severn looks for a waistlock… only for Tazz to counter into a waistlock of his own… then a takedown! Tazz takes ‘The Beast’ down, then works into a grounded headlock, but Severn twists out into a wristlock… Tazz counters with an armbar… Severn rotates into fireman’s carry takeover and hangs on to the arm… but Tazz fights back to his feet, backs Severn to the ropes and shoves him across… into a snap belly-to-belly suplex! Tazz attacks with uppercuts and knees to the body, but Severn fires back with uppercuts and knees of his own, before he hooks Tazz up… northern lights suplex! And Severn instantly grabs Tazz’s wrist… looking for an armbar, trying to hyperextend the arm… but too close to the ropes, Tazz is able to reach out and the ref forces the break. Both men burst to their feet… Tazz ducks a clothesline, hooks Severn up… release German suplex! Tazz races in and grabs Severn by the head, taking him down with headlock, hanging on in an attempt to force the submission.

But that can’t keep Severn down for long, he struggles back to his feet and twists Tazz’s arm into a keylock, another submission effort. Tazz fights it, throwing elbows to break free, then he sends Severn to the corner and follows in… corner clothesline! Severn staggers forward… exploder suplex! Tazz attacks with uppercuts and headbutts, then he looks for an Irish whip off the ropes… and catches Severn in a SLEEPER HOLD! Tazz tries to put ‘The Beast’ down… but Severn scratches and claws for the ropes, before he drops and rolls… sending Tazz into the turnbuckle! Tazz rebounds backwards… Severn sends him flying with a release German! With Jackyl urging him on, Severn looks to move in for the kill… he reaches down and tries to apply… the DRAGON SLEEPER… WAIT! Tazz reaches through, grabs Severn’s leg… locks Severn into a heelhook! Tazz wrenches on the leg, looking to make Severn tap out… but ‘The Beast’ desperately reaches for the ropes, dragging Tazz ever closer… and he eventually makes it to the bottom rope! Tazz had Severn in trouble there, he looks to take advantage, landing more uppercuts as he drives Severn to the ropes. Tazz then looks for an Irish whip… but Severn shoots Tazz back towards the ropes… CRASHING INTO THE REFEREE!

The ref is down, Tazz stands over him… and here comes Severn from behind… DRAGON SLEEPER… NO! Tazz senses Severn coming, ducks underneath… TAZZMISSION! Tazz gets the Tazzmission locked on, Severn tries to fight it… but suddenly there’s a gasp from the crowd… as Jeff Jarrett and Sunny are racing down the ramp! Jarrett nips up onto the apron, Tazz has no idea he’s there… GUITAR SHOT TO TAZZ’S SKULL!! Jarrett nails Tazz and the hold is broken, the Intercontinental Champion dropping down to the floor with a big smirk on his face! Tazz crumples to the mat… and now Severn is free to reach down, grab Tazz by the arm… and he locks on the DRAGON SLEEPER!! AN academic hold really as Tazz is already out of it, ‘The Beast’ wraps his legs and applies his deadly chokehold… the referee starts to come around… he sees no signs of response from Tazz… and calls for the bell! The match is over, Severn wins by submission!

Winner: Via Submission, Dan Severn @ 04:02

An outcome which some would consider an upset, but thanks to the huge assist from Jarrett, Severn gets the win. Jackyl slides into the ring to join his charge, chasing away the referee so he can be the one to raise Severn’s hand in victory. Jarrett then slides into the ring to join Severn and Jackyl, he and Severn share a look… then they start laying into Tazz with boots! It looks like how far Tazz pushed Severn has annoyed ‘The Beast’, as he and Jarrett start to deliver a post-match beatdown…

Jim Ross: There’s no need for this! Jarrett’s done enough here, he cost Tazz tha’ match, now he’s tryin’ ta’ soften ‘im up ahead of SummerSlam!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: This is exactly what Tazz deserves! He came out here runnin’ his mouth about being this submissions expert, and Severn made him pass out to a submission hold!

Jim Ross: He was out cold before Severn even applied tha’ hold thanks ta’ Jarrett and that damn guitar!

The boots continue to land, until Jarrett grabs hold of Tazz’s leg, motions to the crowd… Jarrett is going for the FIGURE FOUR! But suddenly, there’s a buzz from the crowd…

William Regal is racing down the ramp! Regal is here for Severn, he slides into the ring… and Regal clocks Severn with a stiff forearm! Regal unloads with a string of forearms, catching Severn off-guard and driving him to the ropes, before he rears back… and clotheslines Severn over the top rope to the floor! Jarrett saw Regal coming, he escaped the ring before Regal got there, joining back up with Sunny to grab his belt and head back up the ramp. Jackyl also slides from the ring to safety, wisely grabbing hold of Severn and holding him back as ‘The Beast’ tries to get back into the ring to get at Regal, who’s actively waving him back into the squared circle for another brawl…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What’s Regal doin’ out here!? This is between Tazz and Jarrett, this isn’t his fight!

Jim Ross: Regal wants Severn! He wants payback for last week when Severn jumped ‘im from behind!

In the ring, Regal helps Tazz back to his feet, ‘The Human Suplex Machine’ still a little groggy from the guitar shot. Jarrett and Sunny have already made it to the stage, they’ve got no interest in anymore physical altercations tonight, whereas Severn is the opposite, he’s dying to get his hands on Regal, but Jackyl continues to hold Severn back as we cut away.

Backstage to a dressing room where we see Sable rather sexily bending over to tie the laces on her boots, showing plenty of the stuff ‘The King’ likes to see…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Oh boy! Still to come, we’ve got Sable and Ivory in a Bra and Panties Match! I can’t wait! Can Shane McMahon hear me back there tonight!? I gotta get in on this match somehow!

Jim Ross: Put tha’ children ta’ bed before that one folks…

*Commercial*

*VIDEO PACKAGE*

A dark screen is dimly lit by a lightbulb swinging back and forth in room. Jarring, harrowing music plays quietly as the camera slowly pans across the room…

The light swings to give us a brief illumination of a table in the middle of the room. Sat upon the table is an open packet of Cheetos with a few scattered on the table top, alongside a stuffed doll of Cartman from South Park…

The light swings again, this time the camera is able to see images of various WWF Superstars pinned to the walls of the room. First we see Shawn Michaels… then The Undertaker…

The light continues to swing, this time we catch glimpses of Triple H… Mankind… and Owen Hart…

Another swing of the light reveals images of ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin pinned to the wall. All of the images of these WWF Superstars are pinned to the wall with thumbtacks stuck their eyes and red marker pen scrawls across their bodies…

Footsteps now approach and enter the room, the light takes a final swing to give us the briefest of looks at a hulking figure, wearing a t-shirt with Cartman on it and an eerie leather mask on his face, until we hear the click of a pull cord that plunges the room into darkness. Which is how the screen stays until the music gets louder and a lone word fades into sight…

”GOLGA”

*END VIDEO PACKAGE*

From the video, we go straight back into the arena for…

*WE SALUTE*

Jeers as The Heritage head down the ramp, with Jim Cornette still looking very annoyed and frustrated from earlier tonight. But Lance Storm and John Bradshaw both look very focused on the task at hand, making sure to taunt the crowd with their newly acquired World Tag Team Championships belts…

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks. Last week, Shane McMahon announced that at SummerSlam, Tha’ Heritage would defend their World Tag Team Championships against Al Snow and… well, I’m not sure. Is it Mick Foley or is it Mankind? Who’s gonna show up at SummerSlam as Snow’s partner?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I don’t know, I don’t think even Foley knows! What I do know is that Jim Cornette is right. He oughta sue the WWF, and Shane McMahon in particular, for puttin’ his team in a dangerous situation like this!

So as Storm, Bradshaw and Cornette pace the ring, all eyes look up at the entrance way…

Where to the sound of no entrance music, Mick Foley enters the arena! Dressed in a flannel sleeveless shirt and black sweatpants, Foley gets a great welcome from the crowd, which intensifies as Al Snow and Head come scrambling down the ramp after Foley…

Jim Ross: Well it looks like it’s Mick Foley who’s here for this match wit’ Lance Storm. But ‘King’ I gotta wonder, what’s goin’ on wit’ this whole situation right now? It was Mankind earlier tonight who spoke ta’ Michael Cole, but there’s no Mankind out here right now.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: You’re askin’ me to try and figure out what’s goin’ on in that moron’s brain right now? There’s no rational way to explain this, it only makes sense in his head.

Match Seven:
World Tag Team Champion Lance Storm w/ John Bradshaw and Jim Cornette vs. Mick Foley w/ Al Snow and Head

As soon as the bell rings, Bradshaw decides to hop onto the apron in an attempt to distract Foley… but when he draws Foley to the ropes and Storm charges from behind… Foley sees him coming… and smacks Storm with a hard right hand! Foley gets the jump on Storm, hammering him with rights that back Storm to the corner, where Foley uses a blatant choke that draws the ire of the referee. A hard Irish whip sends Storm across… and Foley follows in with a corner clothesline… which causes Storm to drop to a seated position against the turnbuckle! And with Storm’s head in the perfect spot, Foley rears back… running knee! Storm slumps to the mat before Foley drags him out for an early near fall, then he looks to continue to attack with a pair of elbowdrops. Foley looks to again send Storm to the corner, but Storm reverses and follows in… handspring corner clothesline! A chance for Storm to build offence, he lands a pair of rights, then some forearms to the back of the head, before he shoots Foley off the ropes… but lowers his head… and Foley counters with a swinging neckbreaker! Storm staggers to his feet, here comes Foley… Cactus clothesline!

The match heads outside, Foley smacking Storm against the guardrail… until Cornette gets a little too close! Cornette instantly backs away, Snow heads over to get involved, and that draws the referee onto the floor… which means he doesn’t see Bradshaw race over… and level Foley with a big boot to the face! The ringside commotion dies down with Storm now in control, he muscles Foley back into the ring then jumps up onto the apron… and nails a slingshot legdrop for a two count! Storm now starts to target Foley’s leg, softening him up with stomps and elbows across the knee, then a snap legdrop across the leg before he wrenches on a spinning toe-hold to wear Foley down. Back on their feet, Storm smacks a few uppercuts, then looks for an Irish whip… Foley reverses and swings a clothesline… baseball slide from Storm… then a chop block takes Foley back down! Storm now uses the ropes to wrap the leg around, applying more pressure, before he sends Foley off the ropes… leg lariat connects! Sensing he has Foley exactly where he wants him, Storm climbs to the second rope and readies himself… then flies… but Foley gets a boot up… and Storm smacks into it!

A chance for Foley to rally, he beats Storm to the punch then sends him off the ropes… into a back body drop! Storm staggers to the corner, Foley follows in with rights then sends Storm across… corner clothesline! Storm stumbles forward… two-handed bulldog! Foley goes for the cover… 1… 2… Storm rolls a shoulder! But Foley is building momentum, he lands right after right against the ropes, then looks for the Irish whip… but Cornette reaches in and grabs Foley by the foot! But here comes Snow… he SMACKS CORNETTE WITH HEAD! Cornette is down, but behind the referee’s back… Bradshaw has sneaked into the ring… he looks for the BIG LARIAT… NO! Foley ducks… BRADSHAW SMACKS STORM BY MISTAKE! Bradshaw can’t believe it, he nailed Storm by mistake, then Foley charges… clotheslines Bradshaw over the top rope! Cornette is down, Bradshaw is down, somehow the rubber-legged Storm is back on his feet… KICK… DOUBLE-ARM DDT!! Foley plants Storm, hooks a leg… 1… 2… 3!

Winner: Mick Foley @ 05:22

A big win for Mick Foley ahead of SummerSlam, even if it seems like it’ll be Mankind who steps into the ring with Al Snow to challenge The Heritage. Al slides into the ring, clutching Head tightly to his body, while Bradshaw reaches in and drags Storm to safety as he tries to keep the groggy Cornette on two feet. Foley and Snow celebrate with the crowd, Foley giving us a little “Bang! Bang!” as Cornette yells abuse back at the ring…

Jim Ross: That’s a big win for Mick Foley right there, he’s really startin’ to look like he’s back t’' his best in tha’ ring now he’s not fightin’ for his life in those Hardcore Matches that Vince McMahon was puttin’ him through every week.

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah and that’s the one thing The Heritage might have in their favour come SummerSlam. Storm and Bradshaw’ll runs rings round these two clowns in a real wrestling match!

But that remains to be seen. We take a final look at Cornette continuing to shake away the cobwebs, then a final look at Foley and Snow celebrating, before we cut elsewhere.

To the office of Shane McMahon, where Kevin Kelly is waiting to speak with him…

Kevin Kelly: Shane McMahon, you requested this time to speak with us, and as I understand it, you have something important you want to address with regards to ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin?

A pensive Shane pauses, nodding his head slowly…

Shane McMahon: Yeah, uh… listen. This whole situation between ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, Southern Justice, Tennessee Lee, it’s gotten way outta hand. I mean, I know last week I encouraged a little chaos and lettin’ loose a little, but…

Shane throws up his hands and shakes his head…

Shane McMahon: Kidnapping? Taking a guy hostage? No way, that’s not right. That’s not the kinda WWF I wanna be involved in. I saw exactly what can happen in these kinda situations just a few weeks ago when The Undertaker kidnapped my father.

From inside the arena, he crowd interrupt Shane with a pop for that reminder…

Shane McMahon: I saw what that kinda traumatic event did to my Dad, I don’t wanna see that happen again tonight. I mean, my father… Vince… he’s not been the same since. He’s hasn’t been in the office for weeks. He poured his heart and his soul into this business, and The Undertaker… he’s broken him. That’s why when I hear ‘Stone Cold’ accuse my Dad of puttin’ out a hit on him… I just can’t believe it.

With a very serious look on his face, Shane turns away from Kelly and stares hard into the camera…

Shane McMahon: So Steve… please… I’m beggin’ ya’… wherever you are in this arena right now, if you can hear me… don’t do anythin’ stupid. I know you want revenge, I understand that. But takin’ a man hostage? Threatenin’ him? That’s not the answer, Steve.

A hush now from inside the arena, the seriousness of Shane’s words coming across to the crowd in attendance…

Shane McMahon: I don’t know who called in Southern Justice to whack you last night, but I know… it wasn’t Vince McMahon. It just… it just couldn’t be.

Another solemn shake of the head from McMahon, before he finishes things off with a plea…

Shane McMahon: So before you do somethin’ crazy Steve, please… think again. Don’t go through with it. Let Tennessee Lee go. Thank you, Kevin.

Shane gives Kelly a pat on the arm as a thanks for his time, with Kelly giving Shane a smile in return before the interviewer heads for the door and we quietly head into a commercial.

*Commercial*

But from that very serious, solemn interview, we return to the ring where Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler is all smiles with a microphone in his hand…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Alright! This is the moment I’ve been waiting for all night! It’s time for the Bra and Panties Match! Yahoo!

And the perverts in the crowd give that announcement a huge pop…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Now lemme just make it clear what the rules of this match are. We’ve got Ivory, we’ve got Sable…

Monster pop for the Sable mention…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: And the only way to win this match is to tear and rip at your opponent’s clothes until they’re stood there in nothin’ but their bra ‘n’ panties!

Another big pop. The males in the crowd are going to love this…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: And just like any other match here in the WWF, there’s gotta be a winner… and there’s gotta be a loser. But uh, I think when this one’s all said and done, we’re all gonna be winners!

Having glossed over that no contest finish we had earlier tonight, Lawler pumps a fist in the air, he can’t hide his delight at being given this gig…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: So without further ado, let’s get this thing started! Allow me to introduce first, the lovely… Ivory!

*ROUGH ROCK*

Out first are Ivory and ’Marvellous’ Marc Mero, with Mero still looking pretty annoyed that Ivory has agreed to take part in this contest. The pair bicker a little as they enter the ring, but it’s clear that Ivory is confident she’ll get the job done here tonight…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Well Ivory, I just wanna say that I think you look great tonight. And I’m sure I speak for everybody when I say… we’re all rootin’ for ya’ tonight! We all wanna see you strip Sable down to her bra and panties, am I right!?

A rather backhanded compliment, but the crowd certainly seem to be back Ivory based on the cheer they give in response to Lawler…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Alright, let’s get Ivory’s opponent out here. Give it up for… Sable!

*WILDCAT*

We caught a glimpse of her earlier, but her comes Sable looking incredible, with Val Venis by her side. Lawler is loving life as Sable enters the ring, he does a little jump up and down with excitement, while Sable is determined to get things started… but before Lawler calls for the bell, he orders both women to their corners… so he can give them a pat-down body search!

Jim Ross: Would ya’ look at that. I guess ‘King’ wants ta’ make sure there’s gonna be no foreign objects involved in this one…

Lawler takes a lot longer patting down Sable than he does Ivory… but finally, once the searches are complete, Lawler calls for the bell and we’re underway!

Match Eight: Bra and Panties Match
Ivory
w/ ‘Marvellous’ Marc Mero vs. Sable w/ Val Venis
Special Guest Referee: Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler

And we get a little circling of the ring early on, both ladies trying to grab and clothing… until Sable decides to smack Ivory with a kick to the midsection! Sable immediately starts to claw at Ivory’s t-shirt, but Ivory breaks free with an elbow to the gut, then she blatantly chokes Sable against the ropes, Lawler giving a very lackadaisical five count in response. Ivory moves back in, but Sable starts throwing forearms… then a double-leg takedown! And the catfight is on, Sable starts to rip at Ivory’s top… and there it goes! SABLE REMOVES IVORY’S TOP! Much to Lawler’s delight, we’ve got our first bra, but the match rages on, both ladies rolling on the canvas, grabbing hair and smashing skulls off the mat when they get the upperhand. Ivory grabs a handful of hair with one hand and tries to cover up with the other, but Sable gets both hands on Ivory’s hair… and launches her across the ring! Sable is in control, and it could get a whole lot worse here as she drags Ivory in… looking for the SABLEBOMB… WAIT! Mero jumps up onto the apron, distracting Sable… and that allows Ivory to counter with a back body drop! And now Ivory reaches down, she yanks and claws… and RIPS SABLE’S TOP OFF! Now we have Sable down to her bra as well, but on the outside, Val has races around… he yanks Mero off the apron… right hand to Mero! But in the ring, Ivory looks to turn this back into some form of wrestling match as she goes for an Irish whip… but when she lowers her head, Sable counters… sunset flip! But Ivory fights it, so Sable reaches up… and DRAGS IVORY’S SHORTS DOWN! BRA AND PANTIES! IVORY IS STRIPPED DOWN TO HER UNDERWEAR!! Sable wins!

Winner: Sable @ 02:49

Sable has done it, she’s stripped Ivory down to her bra and panties to win the match, and while it gets a pop, it’s perhaps not the outcome the fans we’re hoping for. Ivory instantly tries to cover up, scrambling from the ring, where Mero is waiting with one of his boxing robes, wrapping it around Ivory as the pair scurry up the ramp. In the ring, Val slides in to join Sable, while Lawler seems reluctant to leave the ring, he makes sure he raises Sable’s hand to all four sides of the arena and then lurks in the corner, giving Sable a round of applause for her efforts here tonight…

Jim Ross: Well folks, I’ve called a lotta great matches in ma’ time. That wasn’t one of ‘em, but it was damn sure entertainin’! And look at Lawler, he loved every second o’ that!

Val leans against the ropes and points up at Mero and Ivory as Mero throws some trash talk back at the ring, while Sable… well, she looks out at the crowd, who are trying to get a message across to her… and Sable hears them loud and clear… as she grabs her shorts, bends over and rolls them down to her ankles… exposing the thong she’s wearing! BRA AND PANTIES! WE’VE GOT SABLE IN HER BRA AND PANTIES! And Lawler is loving it, his jaw nearly hits the floor, a look we’ve not seen in him since Unforgiven when he saw Sable with the Playboy bunny’s over her breasts!

The crowd are loving it, that’s the biggest pop we’ve heard all night, and Sable laps up the cheers as she paces the ring and waves to the crowd, giving everyone a good look at her goods and making sure we’ve got a happy ending to the in-ring action tonight…

Jim Ross: Good Gawd almighty! I can’t believe it, but ‘King’ was right. We’re all winners here!

And Lawler is going nowhere, he just leans against the turnbuckle in disbelief, even as Sable and Val decides to head up the ramp. Mero and Ivory have disappeared by now, leaving Sable and Venis to soak up the adulation of the crowd before we cut away.

To a shot of ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and Tennessee Lee! Austin now has Lee strapped in to a wheelchair, the gag back in Lee’s mouth, and he’s pushing him somewhere through the backstage area…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: If ya’ ain’t gonna tell me, I’m just gonna have ta’ beat it outta y’er ass ya’ stupid bastard!

Jim Ross: Aw’ no! C’mon Steve! Don’t do somethin’ y’er gonna regret!

And we then take a rapid cut away from Austin… to Owen Hart! Owen is sat at a backstage monitor, he’s just seen the shot of Austin and Lee, and a seriously worried look crosses Owen’s face as he leaps to his feet and races off-camera, leaving us to focus on the monitor which continues to show Austin wheeling Lee as we fade into a commercial.

*Commercial*

And as we return from the commercial, we see that Owen Hart is already making his way down the ramp and heading for the ring…

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks. Before tha’ commercial, we saw ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin takin’ Tennessee Lee somewhere in a wheelchair-

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: No wait a minute, call it like it is ‘JR’! He’s taken Tennessee Lee hostage! He’s got him tied up in that wheelchair, a gag in his mouth, he’s takin’ him God knows where! And what is Owen Hart doin’ comin’ out here!? Should he be backstage tryin’ to find Austin!?

Jim Ross: I uh… I don’t know why Owen is comin’ out here right now. I don’t know if Austin can hear us right now, but for tha’ love of Gawd Steve, don’t let this go too far!

Hart quickly rolls into the ring and asks for a microphone, a very concerned look on his face as he stares up at the entrance way…

Owen Hart: ‘Stone Cold’! I don’t know if you can hear me back there, and I don’t know what you’ve got in mind with Tennessee Lee back there… but whatever you’ve got in mind Steve, don’t do it! Don’t do anything stupid!

The happy-go-lucky Owen we’ve seen in recent months has temporarily disappeared, showing exactly how serious Hart and others consider this situation right now…

Owen Hart: C’mon Steve! You spent too many weeks tryin’ to talk me into the match at SummerSlam for the WWF Championship, don’t do somethin’ that’s gonna put that at risk! Don’t do somethin’ crazy that’s gonna get yourself arrested or suspended and ruin our SummerSlam main event!

A rather forlorn Hart looks up at the stage, searching for some kind of response to his pleas. Hart then turns and heads towards the announce desk side of the ring, leaning against the ropes, speaking off-mic down at Ross and Lawler…

Jim Ross: Well I guess Owen Hart has came out here ta’ do tha’ right thing, he’s pleadin’ wit’ ‘Stone Cold’ ta’ let Tennessee Lee go!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Yeah but what’s he yellin’ down here at us for? We can’t do anything about this! If Owen wants to make this stop, he oughta be backstage lookin’ for Austin! Not out here asking us to help!

Owen turns away, back to the centre of the ring, where in a wide shot over Hart’s shoulder, we see the tron flicker… back to ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and Tennessee Lee! Lee is still in the wheelchair, gag in his mouth, while Austin is wheeling him through the parking lot…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: I’m gonna get ma’ damn answer here! Y’er ass ain’t goin’ nowhere ‘til I get a name outta ya’!

And over the top of the Austin footage, we can hear Owen call out to him from the ring…

Owen Hart: Steve! Steve! Can he… can he hear me back there? Steve!? Don’t do this! This isn’t worth it!

But it seems like Austin has no clue of what Owen is saying as he carries on with his plan, wheeling Lee through the parking lot while muttering away over Lee’s muffled cries…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: If promise ya’ son, ya’ might not wanna talk, but I’m gonna get it outta ya’!

Austin stops the wheelchair next to a pickup truck, which as the camera pans we see it is emblazoned with Austin’s logo and “3:16” insignia. As the camera shows us the Austin branding on the car, ‘Stone Cold’ climbs into the driver’s seat and switches on the ignition, sparking the car engine to life!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Wait a minute, ‘JR’! He’s not gonna try run Tennessee Lee over is he!?

Jim Ross: Gawd I hope not!

And it seems like the concern is growing in the ring too, as Owen looks very worries at what he’s seeing…

Owen Hart: Steve! Steve, don’t it! Can we get somebody back there!? Can somebody get back there and stop ‘im!?

But thankfully, Austin steps out from the driver’s seat and walks back around towards Lee… although he’s left the engine running for some reason. Austin heads to the hood of the car… and pops the hood open!?

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: What… what is he doin’!?

Jim Ross: I’ve got no idea, but this ain’t a good situation for Tennessee Lee! We gotta get some help back there! Somebody’s gotta talk some sense inta’ ‘Stone Cold’!

Lee continues to groan and struggle against the ropes currently tying him to the wheelchair, with Austin disappearing around the back of the car. The camera cuts back to Owen in the ring, he’s now yelling off-mic at some random ringside workers, continuing to ask if anyone can get back there in time to help Lee…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: I uh… I got a bad feelin’ about this, ‘JR’!

And when we cut back from Owen to the parking lot, we stay focused on Lee’s face… and fear grips his eyes! Panic sets in, Lee intensifies his struggles to break free, and the camera slowly pans to show us why… Austin has a pair of car jumper cables in his hands! Austin reaches under the hood of the car and connects one end of the jumper cables to the car battery, before he turns towards Lee with the red and black cable heads… and taps them together, sending sparks into the air! And Lee’s struggles and muffled screams take on a whole new level of desperation as he sees what Austin has in mind here…

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Now wait a minute! He can’t be serious here!? He’s gonna electrocute him! Somebody get back there and stop this!

Jim Ross: Steve! Don’t do this! Ya’ll regret it, I promise ya’! Steve!

And in the ring, panic is the expression on Owen’s face too…

Owen Hart: Austin! Austin, don’t do it! Don’t do it!

The buzz of the crowd is reaching a fever pitch over the hum of the engine, with Austin again sparking the jumper cables, before he carefully places the leads down and removes the gag from Tennessee Lee’s mouth…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Now I’m gon’ ask ya’ one last time. Tell me who put ya’ up ta’ it! Who paid ya’ ta’ jump me last night!

Tennessee Lee: No! Please! I can’t! I can’t!

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: I’mma light y’er ass up like tha’ fourth o’ July if ya’ don’t tell me, son!

Tennessee Lee: I can’t! I can’t do it!

An evil smirk crosses Austin’s face…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: Alright then. We’re gonna do this tha’ hard way then ain’t we?

As he slowly inches the jumper cables towards Lee…

“No! No, please! No”

Slowly…

“Gawd Steve, no! Don’t do it!”

Slowly…

And then…

At the last split second…

”IT WAS MCMAHON! IT WAS MCMAHON! IT WAS MR. MCMAHON!”

Tennessee Lee gives up the name, it was Vince McMahon who paid him to and Southern Justice to carry out the attack on Austin last night! And upon hearing that name, Austin stops, his suspicions proved right, a rueful shake of the head form the WWF Champion…

Jim Ross: I can’t believe it! It was McMahon! Vince McMahon is pullin’ tha’ strings from his home in Connecticut! That no good sunnova bitch!

Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler: Forget that right now, he gave ya’ what ya’ wanted, let ‘im go Austin!

But it seems like Austin might not be done yet…

’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin: McMahon? Well… since I know that sorry bastard’s gotta be watchin’ at home, how ‘bout we send ‘im a lil’ message right now!?

Austin again sparks the jumper cables! He’s going to go through with this! But then… out of nowhere…

A LIMOUSINE SCREECHES INTO THE SHOT!

It’s the limousine from earlier… and out pours Southern Justice! The dishevelled Marc Canterbury and Dennis Knight have made it back to the arena just in time to rescue their manager, the scramble from the limo… and they fly at Austin! It’s another two-on-one attack, ‘The Rattlesnake’ battling with Canterbury and Knight as the fists and boots fly, until Austin boots Knight to drop him to the floor, leaving Austin and Canterbury brawling! The pair tumble into Austin’s pickup truck, Austin gaining the upperhand as he mounts Canterbury and starts laying in with wild rights and lefts… but that’s allowed Knight to help free Lee from the wheelchair, he gets the rope untied and springs his manager from his captive predicament! And now Knight goes back to work on Austin, he clobbers Austin from behind, knocking the champion down the concrete, keeping him down with stomps to the body…

Tennessee Lee: That’s it! That’s it! Stick it to ‘im! Give that dawg what he deserves!

And now Canterbury is back on his feet, he joins Knight in laying in with the boots, a repeat of what happened last night on Heat as Austin has again fallen foul of the numbers game…

Tennessee Lee: Get ‘im! Get ‘im! Nobody treats me like that! Nobody!

The beatdown continues, until from off-camera we hear…

???: Hey!

IT’S OWEN HART!

Hart has raced from the ring to the parking lot, just like last night, he’s come to Austin’s aid! But also just like last night, the Southern Justice trio spot Austin coming, they quickly scramble back into the smashed up limo and slam the door behind them, before the limo screeches to life again and tears out of the arena! Hart doesn’t bother to give chase, instead he drops to a knee to check on Austin, trying to help the champion back to his feet…

Jim Ross: Gawd, what have we just seen!? ‘Stone Cold’ got tha’ name outta Tennessee Lee, an’ it was Vince McMahon! McMahon ordered tha’ hit on Austin last night! There’s gonna be hell ta’ pay next week! Ya don’t wanna miss it folks!

Hart helps pull Austin to his feet, but ‘The Rattlesnake’ pushes Owen away, slumping against the driver’s door of the pickup truck, breathing heavily, rubbing his head in pain, and it’s on the sound of that heavy breathing and the image of the banged up WWF Champion that this episode of Raw comes to an end as we fade to black.

*End Show*

Current Card for WWF SummerSlam 1998:
Date: August 30th, 1998

WWF Championship Match:
WWF Champion ’Stone Cold’ Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart

Street Fight:
Ken Shamrock vs. Shawn Michaels

Grudge Match:
The Rock vs. The Undertaker

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Triple H and The New Age Outlaws vs. The Big Boss Man, Bart Gunn and Steve Blackman

Intercontinental Championship Submission Match:
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Tazz

World Tag Team Championships Match:
World Tag Team Champions The Heritage vs. Al Snow and Mankind

European Championship Match:
European Champion Tiger Ali Singh vs. X-Pac

Intergender Tag Team Match:
’Marvellous’ Marc Mero and Ivory vs. Val Venis and Sable

Grudge Match:
Gangrel vs. Dustin Runnels

Reactions: Roy Mustang