The "What Games Are You Playing Now?" Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The thread is simply enough, just post what game or games you're currently playing. Hopefully will spark more conversations about gaming rather then which console is better.

Right now I'm working on Smackdown Vs. Raw 08 for the 360. I'm okay with it really, but there's a ton of issues with the game. For one, I won a match and was told I was the number one contender (for which title was never mentioned). Suddenly I'm put into a storyline about a movie role, and when the PPV rolls around that I'm supposed to have a title shot at, it's forgotten about. Then I'm told I'd have to fight my way back up, so I'm the number one contender again but locked in a feud with Masters and Dykstra. I'm hoping they don't pull the bullshit on me again, or this game is gonna get a failing grade. That's just one of the issues I have with the game right now.

I'm always playing Trials HD, and suggest anyone with extra MS points give the game a try. The demo was more then enough to get me hooked, and I play it just about everyday.

Reaction score
I don't care if people hate on the Wii, I like it and it's the one system that hasn't forgotten that it's fun to play games together as compared to faggy online play.
Wii: New Super Mario Bros. Boom Blox Bash, Resident Evil 4

360: Madden 10, SD vs Raw 10, NBA 2k10

Wordlife

I play NHL10 on Xbox360 pretty much always when I turn on my Xbox. It has to be my favorite game of which I currently own.

Reaction score
I don't care if people hate on the Wii, I like it and it's the one system that hasn't forgotten that it's fun to play games together as compared to faggy online play.
Wii: New Super Mario Bros. Boom Blox Bash, Resident Evil 4

360: Madden 10, SD vs Raw 10, NBA 2k10

Man I loved my Wii, and had a ton of games for it.

I just picked up Gears of War, Perfect Dark Zero, and MLB 2K7 all on the cheap (around thirteen bucks for the three combined).

I've got a bid on MW2 going for 37.00, so hopefully I can scoop it up come morning time and have it on the way to the house.

LadyHotrod

Yakuza 3 for PS3. It's a lot like Shenmue (if you have never played Shenmue, you missed out on awesomeness). The only thing I don't like about it is the fucking fighting. If a guy gets behind you and starts hitting you, you pretty much have to wait for his combo to finish because you can't do anything else. Same as if he does a combo from infront of you. Once he hits you, you can't even press block.

Fucking awesome graphics.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
Just finished the story part of final fantasy xiii (in 48 hours) so now I'm moving on to the side quests which should add at least another 100 hours if not more. Awesome game, I'll be playing this for a long time.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Playing through Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It is so far in my opinion one of the best RPGs I have ever played. I probably wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't for the unofficial fan made patches because from what I read the game was a serious mess before they fixed it up.

Nation

I just finished GOWIII and Heavy Rain. Now I'll be jumping back into Valkyria Chronicles, Borderlands, Fallout 3, and some PS1 Classic. Probably Resident Evil 2.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I beat Bloodlines last night. Apparently there are 3 or 4 other endings but I don't have the patience to run through the game again right now. I'm downloading Bioshock right now. (Six minutes left on the dl but I probably won't actually play until I can hook myself up with some doobie snacks tonight.) It was either that or Mass Effect so I flipped a coin and Bioshock won. Hope it is as good as people say.

Reaction score
I just ordered L4D2 off ebay for thirty bucks, and a headset. I loved the first L4D, but skipped the second thanks to MW2. I'm looking forward to some zombie action.

Nation

I beat Bloodlines last night. Apparently there are 3 or 4 other endings but I don't have the patience to run through the game again right now. I'm downloading Bioshock right now. (Six minutes left on the dl but I probably won't actually play until I can hook myself up with some doobie snacks tonight.) It was either that or Mass Effect so I flipped a coin and Bioshock won. Hope it is as good as people say.

Bioshock was great. After you play that, you should get all the Half Life games. Especially since you're using a PC. Unless you've already played them.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Cocksucker of a game wouldn't work. 2 hours dl'ing and for some reason the iso just wouldn't run properly.

No haven't played half-life yet actually. Do I need to play 1 before 2? I am mostly asking because the older the game is the less likely it is going to run on Windows 7.

Reaction score
Cocksucker of a game wouldn't work. 2 hours dl'ing and for some reason the iso just wouldn't run properly.

No haven't played half-life yet actually. Do I need to play 1 before 2? I am mostly asking because the older the game is the less likely it is going to run on Windows 7.

I wouldn't say so honestly. I picked up the Orange Box and started with Half Life 2 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Gravity gun FTW!

Nation

I have never played the first one but it's highly acclaimed and some people even say it's better than 2. So yes I'd suggest you do but if you can't run it, just play the 2nd one and the episodes.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Can't seem to find a good source for the first one so I started dl'ing Half-Life 2. Some of the comments posted seem to indicate that it might not run on Windows 7 but the file is only 2 GB so no great loss if it doesn't work.