The Walking Dead is a fucking soap opera now and the show is ruined

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Okay, I really need to vent about this. Man, I loved the first season, everybody did that's why it became this popular and has massive hype but the first season was incredible, flawless. I've been watching all of season 2 and somehow I'm still watching this but I can name a million things wrong or poorly done in the show. The biggest thing is, seriously, the show is a soap opera! So much stupid bullshit. I only get and think the shit between Rick and Shane makes sense but everything else is awful. Who cares if Rick is having another kid? His only kid is Blue and gets in the way. The worst thing that kills kids in media. Apparently he is a badass in the comic but in the show he is too Blue to mention a zombie is coming? Yeah all after build up of trying to make him grow tough. After all that he, he has the biggest pussy moment and right after his own mother showed how Blue she is. Her leaving to go find Rick was Blue and made zero sense. Rick was protected and she had no idea any kind of danger he was in. But what's the biggest fuck up? All that shit from Dale was pointless, he died for nothing. It was painfully obvious he was wrong and when it seemed maybe there was a slight chance of going the other way they go back to the obvious in some horrible M Night Shamalon twist. Just fuck this show. Replacing the director of the first show and reducing the budget killed this.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The show is terrible. I don't care one bit about any of the characters, they should kill off most of them and replace them with smarter characters. They fired one of the showrunners Frank Darabont and (not including last night's episode) the last two episodes were good, decent if anything but still going back to the dumb characters. Wanna fix the show, less chat more action.

nation

Reaction score
Shane, Deryl and Andrea are the only ones I really like. I guess the black guy is cool but he literally gets zero character development and he's just there to add color. Shame because they could do something with him but yeah like I said it was replacing the director Frank and lowering the budget that fucked this show.

fuzzy

Reaction score
They fired FD? WTF! that guy is proven to be one the tops when it comes to story and character building. I never read any of he comics so i know very little of the characters, but I agree with nation, the thing with having a baby is pointless, i don't understand why shane is even laying down to rick, i mean rick claiming to be the ledder of the group? he's not the guy that lead the group in the begining... ?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The token black guy was never anything anyways, even before Darabont left. I do agree to some extent on the fact that the show does need some character development from a lot of people, but that has taken off recently it seems. I said the same thing last season, and this season there is more. It hasn't spread to all the cast, but Shane, Rick, Andrea, and Daryl are fucking great. Still haven't seen this weeks episode, but I'm guessing Dale dies. Thanks for the spoiler. His facial expressions were always great. That big O face. Can't forget about Meryl though. His return should be coming soon I would have to believe. I fucking hate Lori though. Still love the show and it has its intense/dramatic moments. Last week's episode with Shane/Rick was great because it didn't feature the worthless characters and had great drama between Rick and Shane. Also Andrea owned Lori. Like seriously, we're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and Lori thinks laundry and setting the table is more important that watching for zombies? :lmmmao:

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ok, just got done watching episode 11. A couple things.

1. Carl is a little annoying shithead. I think it's hilarious that for the longest time the group and Rick and Lori would always be so cautious of where it was and to stay so close to the group, now he's wandering off by himself and nobody seems to care. Like he just strolls into the woods and fucks around with a zombie by himself, goes into the barn to talk to Randall, etc and nobody cares where he's at.

2. Why the fuck was Dale walking alone at night out into the pasture? I thought he was going to his room to not have to watch Randall be killed?

This episode was just plain weird compared to last week in all honestly, and not in a good way. I guess I'm looking forward to how Randall ends up though and as soon as he mentioned the 30 others I immediately thought of Meryle. Should be interesting to see how this season ends up.

AlphaDigma

Reaction score
I was never really that big a fan in the first place.