The Walk! Debut Edition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Welcome guys and girls to the debut edition of The Walk. I am your host, the UWF Champion and soon to be Royal Rumble Winner 8D Cwalker. And I decided to bring you this review show because let's be honest, sometimes we miss the goings on of each weekly show and it's good to be reminded. So why don't we jump right in with the January 14th Edition of Tuesday Night RAW!

UWFRawnewbanner.png

The show kicks off with current COO Triple H(minus his shovel) coming out to the ring and revealing the participants of the Royal Rumble Match. On paper this is a very important list, but the Rumble is won't on paper; it's won on the internet. And so far, out of the 23 people listed, it's kind of been a seven horse race. We've only seen the usual suspects show up and give a over the top effort. Dresdon, Chase, Rey, Hoov, Bumout, myself and Natlav all have two posts a piece. And while whoever wins this match is going to have earned it, I would love it if it weren't someone who we've already seen in the title picture before. Last year, I chose Ozymandias to win the Rumble over Damien Sandow and Edge partially because those two were already established and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make a new star. This Rumble provides the same opportunity, but it seems like the less established guys don't want it as much as some of the others. As it stands, I fully expect Dean Ambrose to win the Royal Rumble if he gets all five trash talks in.

Next, we head to the "Gentlemen's Club" segment with Co-European Champions Daniel Bryan and Christopher Daniels. Poor Hoov, he had to deal with being the Eurovision Champion(terrible name) and now he's a Co-Champion. It was a good joint promo, but Bryan just rips Daniels to shreds in the promo and in the brawl that follows. It would seem like a match to decide the real European Champion is already on the corner and for Daniels' sake, he better give it 150% because Hoov will pick him apart if he doesn't.

We then go to our first commercial of the night....

================================

Batista-Returns-on-Raw.jpg

Welcome back to the real "Big Guy"

================================

As we come back from commercial, we are greeted by Daniel Bryan. Back to back Bryan promos? Don't know if that was intentional or not, but cool. Bryan essentially states that Christopher Daniels ain't shit and that he's the real European Champion. Kinda sorta did that in the previous promo but it drives the fact home.

We then get to our first match of the night, Test versus Sheamus with the winner becoming the Number One Contender to the Transatlantic Championship. Going back and reading this, it was a better match than I remembered. Decent back and forth match but things at the end get kind of confusing. Test gets hit with a Brogue Kick and rolls to the outside of the ring. Then Drew McIntyre slides into the ring and tries to attack Test who is supposed to still be out of the ring(anyone else confused?) Test manages to beat McIntyre up from the outside of the ring and gets back into the ring only to have McIntyre jump him again. This causes a DQ, making Test the #1 contender, right? Wrong. Randy Orton comes out and makes that match kind of meaningless when he states that Hogan must defend the title against Sheamus, Test and Drew McIntyre next week. Congrats to Drew McIntyre who became a Contender without doing anything; should be a good match.

Our next promo is from a man talking about respect. It's revealed to be The Undertaker. I've already called Chase out on being a hypocrite about how he hates Bad Ass Taker, so I won't do it again lol. Anyways, Taker is back on RAW and he's going to make someone famous.

We then have a weird transition where we go from Undertaker's titantron to a tag match taking place. Jobber entrance for both teams, not a good look. In a short match, The Shield become Number One Contenders by defeating LAX. Was their performance good enough to get Ambrose to join them? I don't think so as Ambrose comes out with a chair and takes Rollins and Reigns out. If Ambrose does turn, this might be a Hogan like heel turn in '96 when the "man" turned to the dark side.

This is followed by a promo from the World Tag Team Champion, The Dudley Boyz(Or is it Dudleyz? Or Team 3D? Or The Aces & Eights, I don't know anymore) jist of the promo is that D-von thinks Bubba is going to kick Hogan's ass because of divine intervention while Bubba thinks he's going to do it cause he's a bad ass sum bitch from Dudleyville(after all these years, I still don't know where that is)

We then cut to the ring, jobber entrances again. Even Champions get it too I guess. We get to the match, which is pretty much a slugfest. Both men just beat the hell out of each other until Hogan does what he does best and Hulks up. He hits Bubba with the right hands and looks for the big boot, but Bubba does something that nobody has done in almost 40 years, he ducks!!! Bubba then hits the Bubba Bomb for the win. Bubba Ray Dudley outsmarted someone, I lost all faith in humanity. :fp:

============================

states_imgmap.gif

Seriously, someone show me Dudleyville!

===================================

Back from commercial and we are greeted by the World Heavyweight Champion Shawn Michaels and his manager Ric Flair. First off, I have to say how upset I am that Shawn picked up Flair because I so planned on picking up Magnus and having Flair be his manager. I guess it wasn't meant to be :( pretty good promo stating that Hunter isn't going to get involved as referee. But look at history, Summerslam 2011 and Summerslam 2013, Triple H reffing two Championship matches. Watch out for the double turn!!! Didn't really add anything to the storyline but served a purpose I guess.

Next up is another promo, this time from Global Champion Eddie Guerrero. Eddie makes excuses as to why he lost to Kane and Christian last week before threatening Jim Ross. That's right, he threatened a commentator. I guess it's a good way to draw heat. Luckily, the promo takes a turn for the better when Guerrero talks about ripping Kane's heart right out of The Big Red Monster's chest. Pretty gruesome image but it puts over the blood hungry Championship lust of this feud perfectly.

And now it's time for the main event of the evening. Tyson Kidd versus Kane. Another quality match which was helped by having Shawn Michaels be out at ringside. I love how Kidd is using the Superkick as his finish now. I fully expect CliqueClacks to win the belt at the Rumble(don't tell him that though, the guy has a massive ego). The show ends with a victorious Kidd staring down the World Heavyweight Champion.

Rating 7.5/10

Match of the Night: Kidd versus Kane. ** 1/2
Promo of the Night: Daniel Bryan's part of The Gentlemen's Club

Now with RAW in our rear view mirror, let's turn our attention to its Saturday night counter part. I hear their UWF Champion is pretty awesome.

Smackdown kick off with the World Tag Team Champions backstage. They're upset about not being in the Rumble, which is understandable; I would want the honor of losing to someone as Charismatic as Christian as well. Either way, Fandango promises that they will be fighting for the UWF Championship come WrestleMania. Good Luck.

Personally, I love how Bumout has transitioned Bateman into EC3 and quietly turned his group from faces to heels. Even though I can't stand Ethan Cater III on TNA television, Bumout has played him admirably so far. Just stay away from the whole "I'm a Carter" schtick.

After the pyro and introductions, we head to our first match of the evening, a Triple Threat between Mark Henry, Chris Sabin and Kevin Steen. Reading the trash talks, I didn't know Mark Henry had such a way with words. Maybe laying the foundation for a future tag team with Damien Sandow since Rey's characters switch brands so much? The match is a really good opener, lots of action. All three men were written to look good. Henry eventually picks up the win with a World's Strongest Slam on Steen, inducting him into The Hall of Pain. If this is any indication, Smackdown's mid card will be very interesting.

Next is a promo from Chris Masters putting over his wedding to Layla next week and also that he's going to win the Rumble Match. A lot of that going around. Layla then threatens to destroy anyone who interrupts their wedding, because you know, wresting weddings always go according to plan; isn't that right Teddy Long?

06.jpg

This guy was supposed to get married....twice.

After the Masters segment we get a promo from Shark Boy. Sharky puts over the fact that he's at a disadvantage against Prince Devitt and the Bullet Club but promises to leave with a victory.

As much as I'm entertained by Sam's Shark Boy, I love Bray Wyatt and wish he were in the Rumble instead. And oh yeah, bring back Antonio Cesaro FFS!!

The bell sounds and it's now time for Devitt versus Shark Boy. Seriously, where are the entrances? Not knowing anything about Devitt and having watched about 5 Shark Boy matches in my life, I didn't know what to expect heading into this match, but it was good. Devitt using his team to back him up is the perfect way to utilize the heels. And Shark Boy over coming the odds and picking up the win is good story telling. I said it before, Smackdown has a very good mid card. Pay attention Tuesday Nights. After the match, Shark Boy gets jumped by the Bullet Club until he is saved by Paul Burchill and Grado. They've formed some form of a union and call themselves the C.U.N.T(I thought UWF was PG?) I'll wait and see how this works out before I give an opinion but there's another tag team in the ranks, which helps since there are two sets of tag belts but like 7 teams. Either way, it's commercial time.

===================================

in_and_out.jpg

Best burger place in the US, isn't that right Chase.

==================================

Back from our commercial and we are greeted by the "Best in The World" in CM Punk. Punk comes out and says that he's been a disappointment. He's run through brands and his time with Colt Cabana as a team was a flop. He talks about how the beginning of 2013 was a great year for him but ever since, it's been a real rough patch. Punk goes so far to even look like he's about to quit when he's interrupted by AJ Lee. AJ tells Punk that he's become lazy and washed up before slapping the taste out of his mouth, awesome! But then AJ, being the crazy chick that she is offers Punk her services. Despite having the entire arena against it, Punk decides to take AJ up on her offer and the duo leaves hand in hand.

Very interesting turn of events. The Punk part was kind of flat cause I've been seeing that same promo for a while now from Punk, but AJ's involvement was refreshing especially considering how big of an AJ Lee fan I am. You've got to winder if we saw a full heel turn or just the beginning. Either way, Punk is capable of being a big part of Smackdown if he can find some form of consistency.

04_AJ_0529.jpg

So does this make her the best diva in the world?

After another strange transition, the 6 man bout between TIOC and Cody Rhodes versus EC3/Fandango and Goldust is up next. I don't know what it is about this match, but I just couldn't get into it. I think it's because I'm not too knowledge of Sami Calihan and I'm not the biggest fan of EC3's in ring work. So I kind of skimmed the match and can't give it a proper judging.

We've get a hilarious commercial for the Tootsie pops before the return of one Mister Johnny Gargano. It's been a long time since Gargano has been in UWF and he's now back. And he's back with a purpose. He's joining Kevin Steen and former Hardcore Champion Ken Kennedy; holy stables Batman! Another new faction! Smackdown is getting awfully crowd and with all the factions, it's starting to look like TNA lol.

It is now time for the main event of the evening and boy what a main event it was. AJ Styles defends the Hardcore Championship against Ken Kennedy. And with the way I couldn't get into the previous match, I enjoyed this match a lot more than I thought I was going to. It was awesome. There was a lot of creativity and a lot of action packed into a small sample space. This might be the best Hardcore title match since Christopher Daniels and Abyss had their series of UWF matches(Look it up and learn history!) The right guy win as AJ manages to retain the title after AJ hits the Styles clash off the top of the guy! What a spot!

We then get another commercial

========================

Broncos or Seahawks? Find out 2/2/14

Oh yeah....I here there's a Royal Rumble PPV that day too or something.

=========================

After our final commercial, we get a promo from King Booker. Booker puts over his loss to Morgan last week and like a true heel comes up with a variety of excuses. Personally, I would have rather seen Booker stake his claim to the Rumble crown more than put over Morgan but what can do you? As Booker finishes, he is interrupted by the Smackdown GM, Steve Austin. Austin shoos Booker out of the ring to make an announcement regarding the Royal Rumble event. There will be a new match called Rags to Riches open to anyone not in the Rumble match or in Championship matches. It's essentially a Feast or Fired match for those who watch TNA except nobody is getting fired. 4 briefcases containing a variety of prizes. And that's the end of the show.

Overall, Smackdown was good this week. The mid card is going to be a lot of fun, especially if the TV is kept around. A lot of factions were formed. I don't know how I feel about that, hopefully they're used to their full potential. The Hardcore title match was the match of the night easily. The final segment came off kind of flat to me. I don't know what it was, but that wouldn't have been my choice to end the show. But it's no big deal.

Match of the night: AJ Styles versus Ken Kennedy ***
Promo of the night: CM Punk and AJ Lee

Well, there you have it. The debut of "The Walk" I hope everyone enjoyed this. Make sure you trash talk for your match for RAW, Smackdown or The Royal Rumble. Also make sure you read The Rundown, that Fauche guy is pretty entertaining. And last but not least, I'm sure a new episode of Chillin' With Chase shall be uploaded soon, so look out for that. Until next time.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
When I am done writing and posting the show today for Raw I will post my full response to this awesome read buddy.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thoroughly enjoyed this read, man, your perspective and honest opinion is refreshing and quite frankly, is what I feel has been lacking from these parts in a way. Bubba Ray ducking the leg drop had me laughing out loud, mainly because I could hear you saying it as I read it. Good stuff man, with The Walk and The Rundown, UWF is getting some entertaining review material. Also, gimmick infringement!