The vignette from Raw...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
That's apparently what all the rounds are saying, I'm not seeing Sting though. People are comparing it to his Starrcade '97 vignette, but the little haunted-looking-house doesn't exactly scream The Crow to me :/. I see Taker, but I don't quite understand the reason for having a Taker return on Raw, which starts to limit it a bit.

If it's Sting, the E is really getting bold for these next couple months; also interesting to me that very little has been spilled in a month about the HOF other than HBK :/.

I guess we've got to wait for the follow-up vignette to see if there's anything more revealing.

Reaction score
The Meltz said they had signed 3 deals for around HoF time, not necessarily for them entering the HoF, but I'm assuming to get Mania over the hump for now, so far we got Booker, Nash and I figure Sting. Say what you will, but Taker-Sting will rock the fuckin Casbah of markdom.

ThomC

Reaction score
Could be Sting. Kind of similar dark style from the old WCW days. But watching it again on youtube it almost seems like Awesome Kong.

Say what you will, but Taker-Sting will rock the fuckin Casbah of markdom.

Totally agree.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, the quality of the match probably won't move me very much but the very idea of Sting/Taker brings out the giddy mark in me that just won't care.

I had the notion that (and it seems like a reasonable one) Sting was being courted by both sides (duh) and maybe he would have went back to TNA for another MEM stint, but with Booker and Nash backing out of that maybe he sees no point and that may have tipped him towards WWE.

Either that or Vince drove up to his front door with a truck full of money.

Axis

Reaction score
I figure it's somebody new that they're hyping, which is weird because they usually save that for after Wrestlemania. My first thought was Undertaker, but they would probably (1) have said his name, and (2) put it on Smackdown. Some people don't understand that it physically can't be Sting. My body would literally not be able to handle it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I figure that with the next couple of vignettes (unless they make them totally obscure) you should be able to tell whether it is Undertaker or not. They just can't help but avoid using certain imagery for him.

I don't think it's Kong and I'm pretty convinced right now that we won't see her until after Mania. (I am running under the assumption that LayCool will regain the belts at WM, talk a lot of shit about how they beat up all the ugly girls on the following Raw or SD and then get squashed by Kong in the same segment.)

MC Rae

Reaction score
The moment it came on I thought Sting. The music, the imagery and the long trenchcoat...

Sting/'Taker, as Enzo said, this would just be a marks dream match. Personally, if 'Taker is up for the match physically then I think these two could go all out and give a very strong match. Sting is still in very good shape and certainly doesn't appear his age in the ring.

Just the entrances at 'Mania alone - I feel like a kid agaiN!

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
stingl.jpg

I found it odd that there is some sort of background on the picture once it was inverted on paint.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It was photoshopped and posted months ago when Sting was "suspended indefinitely" from TNA.

The more I watch it, the more I get the feeling it IS Sting. Something about the boots, not even the trenchcoat.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Hate to do this...

[YT]AD2XvvTXB38[/YT]

I dunno. Take it for what you will. :(

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Haha, people are reporting that Sting has a 1-year contract signed with WWE, and that WWE aired ^ that promo before they touched the 2/21/11 vignette... put your money on Steve Borden.