The Ultimate Fighter Season 12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Has TUF Season 12 advanced anywhere past the quarter finals? I saw Epsode 10 a while ago, but havent been able to see Episode 11, the semi final matches. Any idea whats up with this? Also, is the Finale not too far off?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Michael Johnson fucking sucks. Really wish Alex would of caught him but hes just clumsy and awkward and doesnt really know how to finish anybody without a triangle it seems like.

Brookins is a beast and so is Kyle Watson. Stupid how they had Michael face Nam. These semi finals will be better then the TUF finale for SUREEEE. these fights are going to be nuts, its only sad that we only get to see two rounds of it. fucking bullshit. this should be on the finale. Michael vs Nam is actually a very good matchup. Michael gasses all the fucking time which contradicts his fucking style for fucks sakes. He tkes you down and beats the shit out of you and if he doesnt put you out and you made him work theres a great chance of you getting up and kicking his head in. Koscheck has done nothing to prove that he deserves recognition for his coaching or anything he did on this show, so with that in mind he should of not been able to let his fighter have the best possible chance to make it to the finals which is a fight with Michael Johnson. Nam Phans biggest strength has been his ability to listen to AKAS gameplan he can get the job done and hes dropped two people with his liver punch. Obviously they wanted to keep him away from a ju juitsu guy especially guys like Watson and Brookins who can overpower him with strength and technicality. Michael.. not so much

Watson vs brookins will be fucking insane. Brookins is great but hes shown in his past fights that you can triumph and beat him with technicality and determination. Something Kyle Watson has a lot of. Kyle is really underrated and is going under the radar. Experience will be a factor. And i have Brookins winning but im a fucking blueberry who is undermining the skills of Kyle Watson.

Reaction score
I'd love to see Brookins vs. Nam in the finals. Johnson is NOT worthy of being Team GSP's first pick. He's a good wrestler and he's strong, but his conditioning is HORRIBLE. I think Nam is gonna outlast him and either pound out a decision or submit him. Watson's jiu-jitsu is awesome and him and Brookins are gonna tear the house down. Brookins is very underrated, he really came out of nowhere this season. He's got some great grappling, but I don't see him wanting to grapple too much with Watson. This might be a stand-up war. It's gonna be awesome either way.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
hes not underrated. everyone knows he went three rounds with aldo. he got tkod but he showed amazing heart

[yt]gxuTVBydr8c[/yt]

Reaction score
I've been saying from the beginning, Brookins is this year's Amir Sadollah. That was a great fight between him and Aldo.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
This years amir sadollah? Yeah you're overrating amir.

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not. Both guys are quiet and reserved and really progressed through the tournament under the radar.

pumpt73

Reaction score
In a small way, yeah, Brookins is underrated because most this season probably didn't think he'd get this far. And yes, most fans know he went 2 and 1/2 rounds with Aldo, but there's not many casual fans that watched the WEC, that do watch TUF. Brookins has fought some good talent, but hasn't scored a win that anyone would consider notable. Other than Aldo, Brook went 3 rounds with journeyman Harris Sarmiento. As for Johnson, I don't know what to think of the guy. His 2 toughest opponents both submitted him. That being UFC vet Joe Brammer and Bellator vet Eric Marriott. Now Johnson does have a win over former KOTC 155lb champ, Clay French. Other than that, Johnson is the one Im least impressed with. Watson is the dark horse who's got some good experience. He's fought Spencer Fisher and Bart Palaszewski, and he's tough. He trains with Hughs at HIT Squad. Nam is the one who I think may take it all. Nam's experience is second to none, and even if he doesn't win, I see him getting at least 3 fights with the UFC. He's fought "Razor" Rob McCullough, Nick Ertl, Josh Thomson, Gesais Cavalcante (perhaps one of the best unknowns at 155). Honestly, I could see Brookins, Watson, or Nam winning this season, but you know all 4 semi-finalists will get at least 2 fights with the UFC.

Reaction score
I'm curious, how has this season turned out so far? I saw like the first 2 episodes and loved them, but, for some reason I missed like the next 3 after that, and decided "fuck it, i'm lost, i'll just wait until a marathon comes on and then watch it". So, I ain't been watching this season other than the first 2 episodes. How has the season turned out so far? I was really excited about it... dammit!

phantomgerald

Reaction score
LOL at Brookins being this year's Amir. He's more like this year's Nelson to me. Somebody who will got to the main card and string together a few wins and an experienced guy who already have the reputation.