The Time Is Near

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

At WrestleMania 25 Stephanie McMahon will become the on screen owner of the WWE, setting her up to takeover the WWE behind the screen once Vince steps down there.

Big call? Perhaps. But I seriously think this is the way that it's going.

This past Monday we learned that the impending return of one Vincent Kennedy McMahonn will come not next week on RAW, but the week after. When Jericho told Steph this, she seemed somewhat worried. She wanted him to be gone, she talked of how he couldn't be, as he was still recovering from the accident. This points us in the direction of Steph of course being the one who set up the (third?) near death for Vince on screen.

Stephanie looks to enjoy that she has power. We have seen her attempt to muscle Shane around, trying to completely take over RAW. This made people believe that the feud we were seeing was Shane vs Stephnie, which seemed like the obvious way to go at the time. But now it seems like it was just a way to show Stephanie's lust for the power, the lust that caused her to attempt to take her father out.

With Vince returning, I still wouldn't rule Shane out of this feud. Vince would probably take Shane across to his side, ultimately leading to a representative match at WrestleMania. Shane represents Vince and someone (most likely Triple H, with a long awaited heel turn I guess) represents Stephnie. If Vince is to win, he keeps the power hungry Stephanie away from power, resulting in Shane being the heir apparent to the empire that is the WWE. If Hunter wins, Steph gets WWE. Simple.

I can only see Steph being the one to take over. She seems like the one who is being set up for it right now, while Shane's neither here nor there.

The time for Steph is nearing.

Thoughts?

Kizza

Way too quick. They can't have, in about 3 months time, have a total on screen ownership change/shift in power from Vince to Steph/Shane. It doesn't really make sense, like, why would Vince give up control of the company? It's still going fine, they're still making money and they're still the top promotion in North America.

Of course that all obvious and behind the scenes as well a bit, but surely, the average fan recognizes that there is no reason under the sun as to why Vince would need to relinquish ownership just yet to Stephanie or Shane. Maybe in a year or two, but not right now.

Sparky

Reaction score
I agree with Kizza, a Storyline like this would take alot longer to involve. not just three months, maybe a full year. the responsibillity can't be just handed over with out no hype. I can't actually see it happening until Vinnie Mac dies.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

What will be the conclusion of Vince getting pwnt then?

I'd like an actual solid explantion rather than just an 'I can't see it happening'. Posts like that are a waste of space imo.

Harlem_Heat

Reaction score
I actually think that it would be Shane that gets that role. Not Stephanie McMahon. Or atleast Shane own Smackdown and or ECW while Stephanie has Raw.

Vince's leave will happen some time during 09' I bet and it will probably have something to do with his children scerwing him over in some sort of match or something. Maybe a force retirement?

Haight

Reaction score
I just don't see it working out for Stephanie as GM. When you have as many egos as you do in the RAW lockerroom, you really need an enforcer type to control and manage everyone and I just don't see Steph fitting in that role. I mean already we've had Chris Jericho refuse to wrestle in a match she set up. We've seen John Cena question her on her matchmaking decisions...and then proceed to make his OWN match. Talk about your lack of respect. How can anyone take a GM seriously when they are being walked over all the time? Ideally it would make more sense for Shane to step up and assume the mantle of authority for two reasons. 1. He seems to relate better with the fans and 2. As witnessed in the past, Shane can handle himself better when challenged by the wrestlers.

Kaedon

Reaction score
"Steph, you can have the WWE, when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

noumenon

I can see Vince's accident being brought into play in this, but I really don't think it'll have anything to do with COMPLETE control of the WWE.
I suppose it would be nice to have Vince return and be completely timid and shy, and really have no clue how to run his company anymore. We could then see Steph (Shane/Steph?) manipulate him and try to convince him to hand over power and make him make fucked up rulings. I dunno, that could be interesting.

Beer

This will work, imo. I would enjoy the feud anyway.
For people who think it is ridiculous because Vince will still want the ownership. We are talking on-screen ownership here.
He could just say he is getting old, and does not have it in him any more.

wrestle freak

Reaction score
I really doubt it BKB i am sad to disagree with you but i just can not see Steph gaining control just yet anyway, even if it is only on screen.

LOL oh well i guess you tried, but you're far to delusional.

<3 BKB

I will see ya on msn.

Reaction score
NO MORE MCMAHON FEUDS. END THREAD.

I can't be the only one who'd just rather not see them on TV. I have nothing against their backstage work. Promo here or there, fine. But NO more feuds. Remember the suckfest that was 'Mania 16 (2000)? That's what I thought.

MikeRaw

Highly doubt it.
Firstly, it's too quick. Secondly, Vince has too big of an ego, and knows/thinks he has more to give before being written off.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Vince giving up the WWE to any of his kids at this point...doubt it!!! Even if that story line took place, yeah Vince would do it only to return later on if the idea does not work sort of to save the WWE all by himself and then blow his own ego yet again for bring the WWE to a higher and new level. If the angle works, then he will indeed remain off of TV unless he writes up some "great idea" that in actuality ruins the story and forces him back on TV. Either way, until Vince dies, he will find a way to insert himself into the show and if he does take a leave or is written out as an on air character, believe me, it is only temporary and that is about it so long as he is alive.