The Tick not squashed anymore?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
abglsp.jpg

Patrick Warburton's short-lived, live-action version of Ben Edlund's The Tick will be revived by Amazon, with Warburton remaining in the lead, according to People. The series followed the success of Edlund's animated series but lasted just a single, nine-episode season on FOX. Last year it was offically released on DVD and can be streamed on Amazon now. Edlund will write and produce the revived series, according to People. Sony, who produced the original run, remains attached in that capacity.

The site lists the DVD as being out of print, but Mill Creek Entertainment is still offering it for under $10, as are some Wal-Mart stores if you just can't wait for shipping. A previous version of the DVD, still offered inexpensively on Amazon if you don't mind a used copy, featured commentaries and other special features that didn't carry over to the Mill Creek version.

Warburton has frequently been cited by fans as "perfect casting" for any number of superhero roles due to his size and voice, although his age and having gained some weight are often cited in rebuttal. For The Tick, though, such things are not much concern. The series is a parody of all things superhero and having Warburton a little older and thicker around the middle will likely just be fodder for more jokes.

Not sure why it's just not a cartoon as it fit the character and situations better. Live action version was very hit and miss.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Its coming back because Warburton struck out with Rules of Engagement, and needs work. I will be watching it, but hopefully they can use Dieflatermaus instead of Bat-Manuel.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Struck out with Rules of Engagement? That show had some quality seasons... this show doesn't. Ugh, he should just revive his mechanic character from Seinfeld and do a spin-off.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The show ended abruptly when it was just starting to really find its stride. He has not been getting any real work since, and Tick has a cult following that did more for his career than Puddy ever did.

Hes not landing that role opposite Rock as Shazam, hes not getting called in to do any Marvel movies, so why not try and bring that cult following to Netflix and see if the current trend can bring him some more cash. A Netflix series is definitely a safer option than trying to bring it to the big screen.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Felt the Tick live action was poorly put together the first time around. Nuthin' trumps Seinfeld, certainly not a cult fowlin'.

I did actually enjoy the Tick cartoon much more but that didn't last long either.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Seinfeld is a cult following anymore. Show hasn't been on the air in over 20 years, only people really watching reruns are people who watched it when it was new. Tick is one of the most appreciated parodies in all of comics right below Deadpool & Ninja Turtles, who have both been seeing a lot of attention lately with Deadpool movie rumours surfacing everywhere, and TMNT newest film. The current market is clamouring for comic book adaptations, and as Guardians proved even the most obscure titles can find success. Writers are getting more comfortable writing superheroes, and comedians like Brian Posehn are even writing comic books now.

The landscape has changed since the last attempt, and if the get a competent writing team this time around, everything could be different.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I usually don't consider the BEST of a genre no matter if it's been off TV for many years to be a cult show but okay. I wouldn't call Ric Flair a cult wrestler. That would be down playin' the greatest.

I did watch all 9 episode of the live action show so if this has better structure I'll give it another shot.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Personally I never understood how people can call Seinfeld the greatest sitcom ever. It was the show I would put on when I wanted to fall asleep. I would gladly watch Married with Children, Roseanne, or Home Improvement over watching the bland sitcoms like Seinfeld, Wings, or Friends. Even though I really disliked the shows, even the TGIF shows like Family Matters and Boy Meets World were better than Seinfeld, which had 1 enjoyable episode(which might have been the finale) when John Pinnette had a cameo as the guy who got robbed while they sat and watched.

I think people just got caught up in it because it was the in thing to do at the time. Which is where we are with comic book adaptations now. DC has 3 new shows debuting this year with Constantine, Flash, & Gotham, Marvel has one with Agent Carter of SHIELD, and the 5 Netflix series they are doing(Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, & Jessica Jones, leading to Defenders), even indies are getting more involved with Sin City & 300 both seeing sequels this year, I think its a good time to try and bring back Tick, it worked for Judge Dredd.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Personally I never understood how people can call Seinfeld the greatest sitcom ever. It was the show I would put on when I wanted to fall asleep. I would gladly watch Married with Children, Roseanne, or Home Improvement over watching the bland sitcoms like Seinfeld, Wings, or Friends. Even though I really disliked the shows, even the TGIF shows like Family Matters and Boy Meets World were better than Seinfeld, which had 1 enjoyable episode(which might have been the finale) when John Pinnette had a cameo as the guy who got robbed while they sat and watched.

Seriously could not agree more. Seinfeld and Friends were boring as hell. IMO, Family guy is very similar and people always talk about how great it is, but in reality its horrible.. :)

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Usually people that don't like Seinfeld are pretty stupid so watch yourselves.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Usually people that don't like Seinfeld are pretty stupid so watch yourselves.
That's harsh, I wouldn't say they are stupid, I would just call them liars.

Also, saying Tick did more for Warburton than Puddy is just rediculous, a failed sitcom doesn't make a career, it buries it. Feels like he had to go to voice acting and lucked out with Family Guy to get back onto TV and score another sitcom.