The Tapout Column

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin

Reaction score
Before anyone asks this has been given permission by XBA.

THE TAPOUT COLUMN

Basically this is a column run every couple of weeks made by YOU, the loyal MMA fans who keep this section going from strength to strength. So far I have came up with the following ideas for the column:​

|.| Guest Writer - each column there would be a different writer who would writer about a particular issue in MMA, maybe about a promotion, a fighter or maybe a fight.
|.| Preview - for me I would write a preview of an upcoming UFC event, talking about the fights. McLovin
|.| Round Table - collate together a few members and discuss some issues in MMA, upcoming events or news. Host: McLovin 1.MTG 2. 3.​

If YOU would like to be a part of the Tapout Column then reply to this thread, stating what of the ideas you would like to do/be a part of. Or reply with your own idea. I know these things haven't worked before in the past, but I think that with the vast amount of knowledge and opinions in the MMA Section this could work.​

I want to get this thing started as soon as possible. So Sign-Ups will be closed on Sunday January 18, 2009.

xtremebadass

I can probably be a guest writer from time to time in addition to all this other crap I have to do on IWF lol

J

I'll definitly back you up on the round tableman and I think this will turn out awesome as we have quite a few MMA Addicts if I do say so myself and this may help get more people into it.

Wordlife

yeah I'm in this 100%... you guys know I've been in this whole MMA thread since day 1

McLovin

Reaction score
I'm really pleased with the response so far for this, here is my response to all of the comments and the updated list.

I can probably be a guest writer from time to time in addition to all this other crap I have to do on IWF lol
Great! Did you want to do it for this upcoming issue?

I'll definitly back you up on the round tableman and I think this will turn out awesome as we have quite a few MMA Addicts if I do say so myself and this may help get more people into it.
Okay your in the Round Table, did you want to run as Host as I think you probably know a lot more than me.

yeah I'm in this 100%... you guys know I've been in this whole MMA thread since day 1
Round Table?

|.| Guest Writer - each column there would be a different writer who would writer about a particular issue in MMA, maybe about a promotion, a fighter or maybe a fight.
Possible Writer: XBA

|.| Preview - for me I would write a preview of an upcoming UFC event, talking about the fights.
Confirmed: McLovin

|.| Round Table - collate together a few members and discuss some issues in MMA, upcoming events or news.
Confirmed Participants: MTG, Be Jealous, McLovin
Possible Hosts: Be Jealous
Possible Participants: wordlife

J

Yeah I'm knew to the whole round table thing so if you want to explain it to me I could run it. Or I could Co-Host it with MTG cuase the dude seems really knowledgeable with MMA stuff. That way you have time to run the rest.

McLovin

Reaction score
Yeah I'm knew to the whole round table thing so if you want to explain it to me I could run it. Or I could Co-Host it with MTG cuase the dude seems really knowledgeable with MMA stuff. That way you have time to run the rest.
I'll be honest with you, I've never run a Round Table. I think it's kinda like TNA's Spin Cycle on YouTube where the host says a topic and then all the guests talk about it. Sort something out with MTG and yeah you can do that.

possible participant? Hellllll yeah my friend =]
You are in.

may I please write a article?
Of course. Any idea what it would be about?

Possible Writer: XBA

|.| Preview - for me I would write a preview of an upcoming UFC event, talking about the fights.
Confirmed: McLovin

|.| Round Table - collate together a few members and discuss some issues in MMA, upcoming events or news.
Confirmed Participants: MTG, Be Jealous, McLovin, wordlife (FULL)
Possible Hosts: Be Jealous, MTG

McLovin

Reaction score
THE TAPOUT COLUMN
JOBS for Issue One
|.| Guest Writer - xtremebadass
|.| Preview - McLovin
|.| Round Table -
HOST
MTG / Be Jealous

PARTICIPANTS
McLovin, wordlife

Guys I think for the Round Table the best bet is to do it on MSN. My msn is alexahgh@hotmail.com

Also what date should entries be in for do you think? January 17, then we can have stuff on UFC93 or January 20? Post as soon as possible.​

MTG

Reaction score
I guess for the round table well have an MSN conversation and me and jdawg will ask questions for everyone to answer and we'll put in our two cents also?

J

Yea sounds good to me but we'll have to wait til at least Sunday cuase this weekend is going to be busy for me.