The Tag Divisions

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Many people say the tag divisions in WWE are shit. Which they are. I say it a lot. But what should WWE do to rectify the problems with the tag team division? Who should they hire?

A lot of people would just say that WWE should stick the tag teams on Pay Per View. But I don’t see that solving a lot, as there aren’t enough teams, let alone talented teams as there is. So simply putting them on PPV is not the solution, at least to me.

They definitely need to hire some teams. Looking back, taking 3D would have been a step in the right direction. Although stale during their last time in WWE, the teams are completely different now. Bring them in with a few more teams, and I feel it could work very easily. WWE probably need to try to do something like bring in The Briscoes too, as well as the Motor City Machine Guns when they come out of contract. Putting together a few singles stars as teams until then would work fine for me.

This is of course, purely fantasy, as it isn’t like WWE are going to try to fix their tag division. So don’t even bother pointing out to me that this won’t happen. It’s just some fantasy booking/hiring.

Thoughts?

TakeshiXkun

Reaction score
well there a few ways,

try to use fast wrestlers and put them into tag teams.
make a good storyline between 2 wrestlers and between another tag team to make the new tag team a good one.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
well there a few ways,

try to use fast wrestlers and put them into tag teams.
make a good storyline between 2 wrestlers and between another tag team to make the new tag team a good one.

Thanks for the insightful details. Very deep... Anyone can say what you just said, hell, VKM has tried all this...

TakeshiXkun

Reaction score
lol i know someone else is also gonna say the same thing as me.i just said it as i was bored and wanted to answer the thread topic.

Austin_316

Reaction score
They tried to do that with Cryme Time between Cena and JBL but did it work? No. The tag-teams in WWE are aweful as they don't bring enough excitement to their matches and there are very few tag-teams these days. WWE needs to spend more time fixing their tag division as there are too many singles competitors who are doing nothing and stuck in the ranks.

Reaction score
In order to revive the Tag division, I think they would have to revive the Cruiser division. I know you are saying "huh? how the hell does that have anything to do with tag team wrestling...?" Let me explain:

MOST (not all) but, MOST of the best tag-teams in wrestling TODAY are cruiserweight wrestlers. MCMG, Briscoes, any of those teams we saw in TNA X-Div. tournament. In order to get the most out of the small guys they put them into teams that can do alot of team moves, after all, that is what makes Tag wrestling entertaining, at least in my opinion.

WWE needs to hire these young fast guys, and/or guys like them, and team them up in combinations that work well. 3D would help too!