The Supershow is apparently dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Beginning tomorrow night, WWE’s weekly Monday night program will be officially referred to as Raw rather than Raw SuperShow. It was apparently a sudden change as all future Mondays events were labeled Raw SuperShow as recently as last week. WWE.com changed their live events listings to reflect the change.

WWE instituted the Raw SuperShow tag on August 29, 2011 due to the addition of the SmackDown brand roster to the weekly program. SmackDown talent will continue to appear on Raw.

Source

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So, basically the brand extension is still dead, they're just changing the name?

:downer:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Interesting, really nice. That "Supershow" written SD style under "Raw" annoyed me for some reason.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To have the major smackdown guys appear on RAW is inevitable since the storylines is so much more intertwined nowadays. Still it opens up for the smaller guys on SD.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:facepalm1: Please unify the world titles

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Farooq said:
:facepalm1: Please unify the world titles

They should only do this if it's becoming one show. If I had it my way I'd have SmackDown a completely different product than RAW, a different show, similar to ECW. Different feel about it, so much so that when RAW and SmackDown stars confront each other you're like "Oh shit". Make it rare, have it so rare that they actually collide. You need a title on each show to have it that way.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
But it's not like that anymore. It's all just one thing basically now.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
So we're back to when SD first debuted? Raw and SD, same people on both shows but they're different things right? They'll probably keep the method they have today, where people are on both shows but there's still a "division", so they can have two house show circuits.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Why can't they just go back to being it's own brand? Or at least unify the belts.

2000luisluis

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.swagbucks.com
I think that no supershow is great for a 2 reasons:
1.It gave Smackdown no meaning since the Smackdown stars were on Raw
2.It didn't give enough time for other Raw stars to be on Raw

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I hated the supershow thing anyway

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
I also hated the supershow thing so glad they did that. Smackdown is pointless now, just the same as Raw so if anything, Smackdown should be renamed to Raw Supershow because what is the difference?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
After awhile, it became stupid to keep calling it a Supershow anyway. A tiny step closer to the brand extension being completely dead (technically it already is since there's just two world titles, but no real brand split.) If they unified the belts, it would be extremely obvious that the WWE Champion would win though, because the WWE Title is the 'real' world title of the company.

Reactions: Crayo and Farooq