The Suicide Squad (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I want to see this but I'm kinda skeptical I will say everything I've seen makes this look way more fun than the first Suicide Squad movie. I actually didn't hate it but certainly a let down for sure.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I want to see this but I'm kinda skeptical I will say everything I've seen makes this look way more fun than the first Suicide Squad movie. I actually didn't hate it but certainly a let down for sure.

I don't know if you care about critics but its getting outstanding reviews.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just saw they are releasing the debut on HBO Max for the film tomorrow at 7 PM Eastern Time before the debut in Theaters for Friday.

Reactions: Necro

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don't know if you care about critics but its getting outstanding reviews.

I don't care as much these days, but it's still good to see it getting better reviews. I mostly want to watch it for Cena honestly, he just seems so goofy and fun in it. It's a perfect role for him.

2c3ba52c0e9e9f106c9fdb49b56337205e67cafb.gifv

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’ll be seeing it Friday night. Might even swing for imax since it’s being recommended to see it in that format.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just saw the movie. I’ll post a full review at a later time but first thoughts.

holy fuck what a great movie. James Gunn is a genius man. Is this one of the all time great comic book films? Not sure if you could rank it like that because it’s a comedy through and through. But it just works. It’s funny as hell. HOWEVER there are a few really powerful emotional moments that work as well and almost had me tearing up lmao. The cast is tremendous. Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, Daniela Melchior, and John Cena are standouts but everyone is awesome. This movie is really just James Gunn’s big crazy vision. Thank god Warner Bros let him make his movie the way he wanted it. All I can say is bravo and I can’t wait for Peacemaker.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I was going to watch this at the theater but I changed my mind, and just stayed home and watched it on HBO max instead.

This movie is a total blast, just a fun time all around. John Cena kills it in this, absolutely stole the show imo. I can’t wait for the Peacemaker show to come out. Everyone was great though tbh, this is well worth a watch.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Of course it bombed at the box office. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would or should be surprised by any of these movies that also have a release on a streaming platform aren't doing great in theaters.

I can watch Suicide Squad on my tv with a great sound system and pay $0 more than I'm already paying as I have HBO Max.

Same with Black Widow, me and 2 other friends split the cost of $30 to watch it at home instead of paying pretty much that in ticket/concessions/gas to see it in the theater.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would or should be surprised by any of these movies that also have a release on a streaming platform aren't doing great in theaters.

I can watch Suicide Squad on my tv with a great sound system and pay $0 more than I'm already paying as I have HBO Max.

Same with Black Widow, me and 2 other friends split the cost of $30 to watch it at home instead of paying pretty much that in ticket/concessions/gas to see it in the theater.

Yeah I know. Me personally I love movie theaters and would rather see a movie there than on tv but I totally understand why some people wouldn’t care. Sucks that great movies don’t get the proper recognition though.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’m just getting so nervous that late 2021 movies are gonna get delayed and then early 2022 movies are gonna get delayed.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I’m just getting so nervous that late 2021 movies are gonna get delayed and then early 2022 movies are gonna get delayed.

Definitely see that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished up Suicide Squad and I can say this is the Suicide Squad we've should of been given but even though I liked the previous film it failed in many ways. Now this film it hit all the marks who would of thought we would get to 2021 seeing King Shark and FUCKING STARRO! I thought the opening of this film fucking ballsy and I thought Deadpool 2 was ballsy handling X-Force but this takes the Cake and I don't need to go into detail you know what I'm talking about. They gave loads of time to every Character especially the Members not in the previous film and you gave a damn at least that is how I feel.

I got what I wanted with Starro he looks beautiful and I'm glad it took a group effort to finish him off. I'm happy I kept watching to find out Weasel and Peacemaker are still alive and I'm wondering what is the plan for them down the road. We know Peacemaker has a Show coming up and I thought it would be a Prequel but for sure now it's the opposite going by that Scene. They lost Members but the great thing about The Suicide Squad you can add pieces to the team and if you're doing well fleshing out their Characters you'll be fine. I like to see Katana return and done right, you can put in Poison Ivy in as well possibilities are endless. Still action was great to go with the comedy just a perfect film to me

Last edited: