The Steel Asylum

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I don't understand why TNA still hasn't revealed who will be in the Steel Asylum match. My only hope is that they limit the competitors to only about 5-8 guys, that way we don't get a clusterfuck similar to what we saw at Sacrifice. The match concept is great, and it has lots of potential. Its just that TNA always feels the need to put 50,000 people in there to fuck it all up. The spots end up looking very predictable and it gets annoying trying to follow the action with so many guys in the cage. So, if TNA does the smart thing and only puts like 5 guys in there, here is who I would pick:

Petey Williams vs Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt vs Jimmy Rave vs Curry Man

They don't need to include the rest of the Prince Justice Brotherhood, and the rest of the X-Division (basically Bashir and Creed) will be busy in a title match. Anyone else that I didn't mention can sit this one out, it will be for the better of TNA and this Bound For Glory PPV as a whole. Do you think TNA will limit the competitors to just 5-8 people? Also, who do you think will be participating in the Steel Asylum match?

EnterTamed

Reaction score
i think they could do away with the PJB in the match if they had curryman win and take his mask off at the top and itd make sense storyline wise, daniels was fired but if he's number 1 contender they cant just fire him and he could take chrissy hemme with him as a manager. make sense to me.

Moonlight Drive

This is where I am stumped by TNA's booking.

This is your biggest PPV, Bound for Glory. You're trying to hype up a big gimmick match, yet you won't announce who is in the match?

To me, TNA should have done this the way WWE did Money in the Bank. The match was announced, then they had qualifiers and it made it look like something people should be pumped for, because it was something the wrestlers were pumped for.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
I really like the concept of this match, and i think if done right, it could be a classic, but good god, the amount of the people they put in the first one just completly ruined it.

Hell, i thought that the WWE bumping the MITB match up to 7/8 people was too many, but TNA took it even further. Ten people in one match?! It just made the whole thing chaotic, hard to follow, and a complete clusterfuck, that could have been a lot better. Hopfully it's just five or six people this time, but knowing TNA...

Montana

I wonder what MCMG are doing on this PPV. I know Cage/AJ still don't have a match either.

I wouldn't seeing MCMG in the X division match and having Cage and AJ go one on one. Then again we could see MCMG vs Cage+AJ in a rematch.

I think your typical X division guys will be in it:

Divari, Sonjay, Creed, Lethal, Petey, Kaz

DoYouKnowTyler?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they'll probably throw everyone in there. It'll be Lethal, Dutt, Williams, Shark Boy, Super Eric, Curry Man, Rave, Sabin, and Shelley. The rumor was that Suicide was going to debut in this match, so with Kaz's injury it'll be interesting to see if they hold off on the debut or get someone else to play the character. Hopefully the latter. It was a downright stupid decision to pull Kaz out of action during the hottest point of his entire career.

Beer Money Army

meh the match could be good or it could be a spotfest....