The Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho feud

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Let's not forget that it got really stale at one point, by Night of Champions time.

It didn't though... Well at least not as far as I'm concerned.

If you need constant PPV matches every month to keep you interested in a fued then it's your attention span that is the problem here....

Taker & Edge would have prob been even better if they'd had less matches... Besides the matches themselves, the majority of fans on IWF - not that I was one of them - were bitching about Vicki G throughout the entire Edge/Taker fued, not to mention bitching about individual plot twists... So it couldn't have been THAT great a fued ( Remember, a fued is the culmination of everything, not just a series of matches between the same guys).

Beer

The reason this feud is awesome is because of the wrestlers participating. Could you imagine this being a feud with Batista and Cena. It would be crap. Ther are, in my eyes, only Six people in the business who can pull this geud off today, HBK, Y2J, Undertaker, Edge, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy and MVP. MVP and Hardy did it with an awesome feud but Hardy got injured. Kennedy has could have done it so many times but the people e feuded with (excluding Taker) could not handle it. Taker has done it for so long as have Y2J and HBK and Edge is one of the best sellers in the history of wrestling so he makes the feud seem so bitter and personal. These guys all have a talent of getting Fans really into a match/feud. Now Kane can do it too but he just oes ot have that edge and HHH is too conclusive in every match he is in.

Edge/Taker should not win match of the year but it will. And Y2J and HBK will probs end at Unforgiven unless HBK gets injured form the match and returns at Wrestlemania, which is personally what i would do. Honestly this has been a great feud purely bcause HBK and Y2J are a part of it.

Evil Austin

I like the fued alot and thats why I hope and believe that it will not end yet I believe that it will go until Armageddon or the Royal RUmble or Mania not sure btu it will not end at Unforgiven it started at Wrestlemania when HBK ended Flair's carrier and its build and twists and turns where aweosome.. like totally forgetting the reason why they were fighting over not caring abotu flair and moving onto new reasons to fight.

I really think that it will go down like this -

Unforgiven - HBK over Chris Jericho than Jericho comes on Raw and says that it was a fluke never happen again and I beat him so many times it doens't caount and its not fair .... and stuff like that which lead to a bigger match at a new PPV i e HIAC, I quit (most likely), LMS, 3 Stages of Hell or others at SS or a fans choice at Cyber Sunday... I am not sure but I know it will go with Jericho saying it was a fluke and making another try at a match.

Wordlife

its a perfect feud... though it is getting just a little old, its still fresh and could run for a while, ending in an amazing match imo

Reaction score
I belive the match at Unforgiven is perfect... HBk will never forgive Jericho for what he's done and I can't wait to see what kind of bloody actions take place at the PPV. Of course I think HBK will be the victor this time around.

J

1 word. Gold. I love this feud. The heat it has been able to generate is just short of amazing. But as for ending it. Unforgiven would be the perfect time to end this feud and then give Jericho a chance to go to the top.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
HBK/Jericho feud is the best in years for both stars.

It did stale a bit but with Jericho's beat down of HBK, with him thinking about retirement and then Jericho hitting his wife, made this pure gold. I really hope for one more match (after Unforgiven), crossing my fingers for an Ironman match. On Raw. Ratings WILL rise.

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
When I saw the preview for the unsactioned match at Unforgiven. The first thing that went through my mind was the HHH/HBK match at SummerSlam in 2002 that started the epic feud between those two. To be honest I see this feud going in that same direction. Nothing bad about it! It's an excellent feud, and it's one of the main reasons to tune into RAW. So honestly I can't wait to see how well this actually turns out.

Reaction score
One word: Gold!

Now, this feud has it all, and what not. BUT i would much rather the long haired, tight wearing, ayatollah of rock n rollah, Y2J instead of this Chris Jericho but this feud has been great and will most likely win the feud of the year.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
I personally think that HBK and Y2J are trying to bring a subliminal, moral lesson to this fued.

HBK says that it's gonna be eye for am eye - which doesn't work, any body can tell you that, especially Christians like HBK. Even Ghandi said "An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."

You know what I think? I think HBK will be put in a position to just totally destroy Jericho, one last shot, and he'll have a change of heart and walk away. It may not happen at this PPV, but I think it'll happen sometime.

Reaction score
personally,to me this thing between hbk & y2j has become so stupid,it's comical.after their match it will finally stop i hope.hbk looked like a wimp 2 weeks back when y2j slapped his old lady.i know all this is fake,but he still looked like a huge wimp.

Evil Austin

I think otherwise - to the above poster I think this will end at a bigger pay per view ie one of the big four RR, SS or WM ... because HBK is injured and won't be a 100% at the Unforgiven ppv it won't be the best match and they will probably let HBK win the match.. then Jericho as HBK is out of action for injuiry will be like oh it was a fluke and stuff and than they have like a Last man standing or i don't know an I quit match or something like that at the Rumble or Survivor Series to end the feud...

I liked the fued but it has gone on too long its gone on since damn March - seriously. It was great and all but sometimes it just it repetitive the promo's and how many times can we see the two in the same ring at the same time sure they put on a grea tmatch but when its on every ppv this year jeezzz....

Reaction score
maybe it's because i really dislike hbk & y2j?everytime they come on the show,i change the channel.

Moonlight Drive

You sir have mental retardation (imo). How can you not like HBK or Y2J?

They are two of the best workers ever, and have been putting on the best promos, matches and feud recently

Reaction score
You sir have mental retardation (imo). How can you not like HBK or Y2J?

They are two of the best workers ever, and have been putting on the best promos, matches and feud recently

i'm sick of hbk and y2j because they say the same thing over and over like a stuck record.all both of them have shown me lately is that they act like sissy girls.i see you are 15 years old son,so i'll cut you some slack.don't take this personal,they have been about the same way the last 20 years.but you would'nt know that because you are only 15.cheers mate.