• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Shawn Michaels Appreciation Thread

Showstopper

Absolute Victory
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler ricflair
Favorite Wrestler randysavage
Favorite Wrestler sting
Favorite Wrestler dx
Favorite Sports Team BZw58qk
Favorite Sports Team RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team T5Zw0Si
Favorite Sports Team e2dpn37

People have really retroactively tried to paint Michaels as a bad promo. I think it's lunacy. This is one of his all time best, as a HEEL during his SECOND RUN when he was usually the most beloved guy on the roster.
Yeah, I loved Shawn's promos. Especially in that 1997-1998 AE time period. He was one of the few in that time period that cut good promos without the aid of a catchphrase, too. He was fantastic.

This will always be my favorite HBK promo. Just like the one you posted, this is him owning Canada in 1997. The HEAT he got here is hilarious:

Showstopper

Absolute Victory
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler sting
Favorite Wrestler dx
30 years ago today; the first ever Shawn vs. Bret singles match took place. From what I've read, the match was taped tonight (February 11), and aired the very next night (2/12) on Prime Time Wrestling. Not sure if that's 100% true, but that's what I've read. It's only like a 5 minute match since it was more of a match to continue the Rockers/Hart Foundation angle, but the five minutes it lasted for was certainly fun. Little did we know that later in that very decade what would take place between Shawn and Bret and that this random, non-descript short match would be the first match between two guys who would go onto hate eachother until 2010:

Last edited:

Chris

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler vNuD0fV
Favorite Wrestler azS2nkI
Favorite Wrestler stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler andre
Favorite Wrestler hulkhogan
Favorite Sports Team houstontexans
Favorite Sports Team dallasstars
Favorite Sports Team houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team sfa
30 years ago today; the first ever Shawn vs. Bret singles match took place. From what I've read, the match was taped tonight (February 11), and aired the very next night (2/12) on Prime Time Wrestling. Not sure if that's 100% true, but that's what I've read. It's only like a 5 minute match since it was more of a match to continue the Rockers/Hart Foundation angle, but the five minutes it lasted for was certainly fun. Little did we know that later in that very decade what would take place between Shawn and Bret and that this random, non-descript short match would be the first match between two guys who would go onto hate eachother until 2010:

I find it hard to believe they never had one in '89 just bc the Hart Foundation and Rockers wrestled a lot then I believe. I could see them not having any singles matches until '90 though, just bc the few I remember on Prime Time Wrestling from '89 that I watched recently were tag matches.

Showstopper

Absolute Victory
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler sting
Favorite Wrestler dx
I find it hard to believe they never had one in '89 just bc the Hart Foundation and Rockers wrestled a lot then I believe. I could see them not having any singles matches until '90 though, just bc the few I remember on Prime Time Wrestling from '89 that I watched recently were tag matches.
Yeah, I was surprised when I read this was their first singles match, too. Although, maybe this was their first televised singles match and maybe they had singles matches in 1989 on house shows. Not sure. This was at least their first *televised* singles match, though, I'm pretty sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosenberg 22

Latest profile posts

If you don't like me, remember its mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter. :)
-_- Stop deleting my damn profile post!

U-Haul sucks ass. Geez.
HoHo wrote on OMB's profile.
Happy Birthday OMB!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online