The 'Selfie' Incident

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Did it go too far?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No...

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

ENFORCER1

Jobber
Reaction score
So I'm sitting there enjoying a decent tag match between the Rhodes brothers and Show/Mysterio. All of a sudden, the commentators go completely off topic and the next thing I know they take a selfie of themselves. During the match. Camera cuts away to see them. TWICE.

I mean, where does this end? Can these guys just do whatever the hell they want and get away with it? If I was the talent in that ring I'd be so pissed off. I'd honestly love to see them all replaced by the NXT commentators. Regal and Rene Young, booyah.

6a9fbec11f6152ba43138bd605521a4a.jpg

Reactions: rko2004 and Testify

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
lol I didn't even catch that. Well, it's not like they magically just made the camera cut to them or something, someone backstage made the decision to switch to them twice.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

ENFORCER1

Jobber
Reaction score
lol I didn't even catch that. Well, it's not like they magically just made the camera cut to them or something, someone backstage made the decision to switch to them twice.
Yeah good point actually. Still doesn't make it right in my opinion... I get what Vince wants them to do, tell storys and try and engage the casual audience a little bit more in that way. But taking selfies during a decent match? Gorilla Monsoon and JR would be turning in their HOF commentator graves.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah good point actually. Still doesn't make it right in my opinion... I get what Vince wants them to do, tell storys and try and engage the casual audience a little bit more in that way. But taking selfies during a decent match? Gorilla Monsoon and JR would be turning in their HOF commentator graves.

I'd give anything to have Gorilla Monsoon or JR back at the announce table instead of what we have to listen to now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
See, WWE Is cool, guys! They're what's hip and happening and with the times! Watch, kiddos!

fuck

Reactions: Nano and Farooq

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I'm sure they did it to do something popular that the kids are into. However, it is quite disrespectful to do during a match. There's plenty of opportunities to take selfies during the countless commercial breaks and moments in-between matches when they do commentary.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
agreed, it was far from a "They went too far" moment. Pathetic? Of course....but who doesn't love a good JBL shot.

ETA: Also LOL @ JBL's watch. Is he wearing the xmas present he got his wife before he had money?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'll admit I laughed. Show was boring me a lot at that exact point, so it was pretty cool to see I wasn't alone in my boredom.

MRJM

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
And can they please please PLEASE stop showing us how to download an APP!? The selfie was just a way to mock Obama who took one at a funeral / memorial.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'm surprised. A corpse is more entertaining than Orton, why would Obama take a selfie at that time? He should be taking one when Orton has the mic.

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
I've heard they did it because Obama took one at the Nelson Mandela thing. THANKS OBAMA. :mad1:

Reactions: Wacokid27