The Santino Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK.GFX

Reaction score
-- AOL Television's
section is saying that WWE is currently working on a sitcom starring Santino Marella. WWE Diva Beth Phoenix is slated to play his girlfriend, and Vladimir Kozlov his best friend. "In two weeks, we're filming the first three episodes," Santino said. "It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television."

USA Network VP Chris McCumber however said the USA Network isn't looking for sitcoms right now, but acknowledge Marella as a good comedic character.

I can see the lulz already...

xtremebadass

I always thought Santino was in the wrong line of work. He has charisma somewhat on the level of the Rock, but atleast the Rock was an entertaining WRESTLER. Santino doesn't even do much wrestling. He hasn't had a finisher in the 3 years he has been in the company.

I am anxious to see how this is going to go. But WWE really needs to cut back with the "entertainment" factor in WWE. Movies AND a tv sitcom is a little much.

Qwake

rofl wtf, that's crazy. Santino was funny at first but he's been boring and stale for awhile now imo. I'd laugh if the Santino show outrated Impact.

phantomgerald

Santino is awesome and I would love to see that. But Kozlov has the charisma of a rock.

seX-Power

This would be awful. Yeah, let's whore out a guy that stopped becoming funny 2 years ago, attempt to make a guy whose only push failed relevant again, and make a joke out of the best thing to be apart of the women's division for the past few years. :smh

The Rated R CMStar

I actually think that's what they are aiming for with Kozlov

Airfixx

I actually think that's what they are aiming for with Kozlov

Yup.... 'Lovably' dorky commie face turn on the horizon.

Fits given his last appearance on ECW.... They prob hope he'll come back automatically over and able to have a good program vs Regal and/or Jackson.

noumenon

Perhaps a year ago before Santino was completely played out would have been a good time for this.